Author Topic: 87' 4runner Sleeping platform with drawers  (Read 9832 times)

jssgbsn

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 440
  • Member since Sep '13
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Re: 87' 4runner Sleeping platform with drawers
« on: Jul 16, 2015, 05:05:09 PM »
Is the cabinet floor 'free floating' on the bottomg of the bed or mounted down?  If free floating how much movement do you get?  Im guessing the wheel well and tailgate (bedside) hold it in place?

How easy/difficult is it to remove the entire cabinet?

Did you have to remove factory roll bar to get this too work, or just didn't have them in when designing?

What is the drawer HxW dimension?  I am thinking when I build mine I will want the drawer(s) to be at least as wide as the 'height of an anitfreeze shaped bottle' and maybe as high as the height of a quart of oil.  Or maybe the size of my Go-Bags.  Still not sure.  Just curious what your dimensions were though and if you think you would rather have them 'taller' or maybe even one that is 'wider' than the other one.

I am going to be doing something similar.  And I think I have a solution for the 'rear seat' portion you are storing in the garage.  It's in my head and not on paper yet, but I am thinking of using a couple hinges so that the 'rear seat' portion can fold back on top of the main cabinet, and then the support legs would also hinge as an entire unit.

I still got the rollbar and a Can-Back so I know I am in for some 'unexpected problems' that'll come up mid build.  I think I may use 'cardboard' as a mock up first to determine if my ideas will even work.
If I don't ask the stupid question, who will?

85 Runner, 22RE, AEM 'warm intake', TRD Cam, LC Headers, Dual Case, 5.29's, ARB Front Locker, Detroit Rear Locker, 35's, V6 Brakes, ARP Studs, Marlin Arms/Caps/Hy-Steer, Winch, Armor, Can-Back Top....and...

...more Gremlins than Gizmo the Mogwai was responsible for.