Author Topic: help sleeping  (Read 9873 times)

THK Matt

• 96ZJ v8
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: -415
  • Male Posts: 4,823
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a drink
Re: help sleeping
« Reply #30 on: Sep 18, 2010, 08:27:34 PM »
also, this may sound goofy, but get a pillow that goes between your legs, somehow, it helps get a better night sleep....

I cant sleep without a pillow between the legs. its comforting. snuggle a pillow!
2007 GMC Yukon SLT Daily
5.3L V8, 3.5in Lift, 33X10.5R18 Toyo MTs, Vision Rocker 18x9s powdercoated Mountain Blue Transparent over Speedboat Aluminum

2010 Chevy Tahoe LT Wife's Daily
5.3L V8, 6in Lift, 35s, AMP power steps

2016 Ford F250 XLT CCLB Work/Business Truck
6.2L V8

2001 Ford F350 Lariat CCLB Work/Business Truck
7.3L Powerstroke w/ Banks Turbo

Instagram @ taytershubby13

84krawler

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 108
  • Male Posts: 177
  • Member since Jan '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Sep 18, 2010, 08:47:48 PM »
thats how i was cause i was always going to court and i couldnt sleep i would sleep during the day instead

Early

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 67
  • Male Posts: 470
  • Member since Oct '09
  • The Buddhas ridin shotie
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Sep 23, 2010, 02:29:40 PM »
I just took a trip and slept in 4 different beds. all nicer beds though i don't know what brands they were. One had a pillow top, one had magnets in it apparently, one had a memory foam deal,  and then my normal bed.  I slept very different in each one. I wouldn't say any were better than any other, but they slept allot different. Have you thought of this?

Just a thought as i was driving down the highway the other day and thought id share.
1994  4Runner w/ full doors

My hands are dirty cause i drive a yota

twistedtoy92

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: -255
  • Male Posts: 3,781
  • Member since Dec '06
  • NFM Customs
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Sep 24, 2010, 03:23:50 AM »
i just got home from the shop.... degreed my cam and a few other things after a full days worth of wrenchin....  damn yotas..... they keep me up more than anything! nothin some steak, potatoes and an Alaskan Summer Kolsch Ale cant fix! Lookin forward to the concert in Postfalls in less than 12 hours!!!  :rockingout:
2005 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro 380 AWHP @ 24psi
1993 Toyota Pickup http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=72886.msg866982#msg866982
1992 Toyota Pickup http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=49319.msg616251#msg616251
1985 4runner http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=60737.msg745263#msg745263

"TRIPLE CASES GETS YOU LAID." -BigMike

"I daily drive this thang everyday." (swapped89)

THK Matt

• 96ZJ v8
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a drink
« Reply #34 on: Sep 24, 2010, 01:18:30 PM »
i just got home from the shop.... degreed my cam and a few other things after a full days worth of wrenchin....  damn yotas..... they keep me up more than anything! nothin some steak, potatoes and an Alaskan Summer Kolsch Ale cant fix! Lookin forward to the concert in Postfalls in less than 12 hours!!!  :rockingout:

They keep me up too!! Lol
2007 GMC Yukon SLT Daily
5.3L V8, 3.5in Lift, 33X10.5R18 Toyo MTs, Vision Rocker 18x9s powdercoated Mountain Blue Transparent over Speedboat Aluminum

6.2L V8

bigarms23 [OP]

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 111
  • Male Posts: 2,897
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Sep 24, 2010, 07:08:17 PM »
i did get a simmons beauty sleep mattress and so far so good i also picked up the sounds of the forest nature cd and that helps to
88 4runner 92 cpi duals 37 radial rockers and 4.8 coming soon

blackdiamond

• Turtle Points: 1174
  • Male Posts: 5,060
  • Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: Sep 24, 2010, 08:22:14 PM »
The first thing to do is shut the TV off.  The light coming from the TV actually make your brain think that it's day time and keeps you awake (this applies to computers as well).  My mom has sleep issues and takes a sleeping pill every night that knocks her out cold.

I would suggest getting an old school tape player and finding a story tape.  Listen to the same tape every night and it'll keep your brain distracted from life yet uninterested enough to fall asleep.  This put me to sleep as a kid for years.

Also, stop drinking caffeine completely.  After a few days you'll feel better even if you don't get much more sleep.  Stimulants are exactly that...
1989 4Runner: Dual Ultimate (Inchworm front & Marlin 4.70 rear), Marlin Twin Stick, 1200-lb clutch, 4.88 R&P, Aussie Front, Detroit rear, 30-spline Longs, Long hub gears, ARP hub and knuckle studs & 35x12.50 Cooper STT PRO tires.  Marlin rear bumper & sliders.  FROR front bumper.  SAS with Alcan springs & Rancho 9000XL shocks.  Budbuilt Bolt-on traction bar.  Custom Interior Cage by Those Guys Rod and Customs.

Moab Tested & Rubicon Approved

THK Matt

• 96ZJ v8
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a drink
« Reply #37 on: Sep 25, 2010, 05:50:05 AM »
The first thing to do is shut the TV off.  The light coming from the TV actually make your brain think that it's day time and keeps you awake (this applies to computers as well).  My mom has sleep issues and takes a sleeping pill every night that knocks her out cold.

I would suggest getting an old school tape player and finding a story tape.  Listen to the same tape every night and it'll keep your brain distracted from life yet uninterested enough to fall asleep.  This put me to sleep as a kid for years.

Also, stop drinking caffeine completely.  After a few days you'll feel better even if you don't get much more sleep.  Stimulants are exactly that...

Good to know..
2007 GMC Yukon SLT Daily

6.2L V8

Stocker

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 962
  • Male Posts: 173
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Since 1977
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Sep 25, 2010, 07:03:15 AM »
This reminded me of when I was in high school (a loooong time ago) and I had an old radio near my bed. I slept better if it was on (but quiet). My mom couldn't understand that... she thought it would keep me awake, but it had just the opposite effect.

My goal in life is to be as a good a person as my dog already thinks I am.

If you don't learn something every day, you're not paying attention.

junya92toy

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: -64
  • Male Posts: 1,500
  • Member since Nov '04
  • Drinking me beer
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Sep 25, 2010, 08:23:18 AM »
I find I never sleep through the night, and when I do its never a restful feeling.
Dr.Maxwe001 – well i have a 15 gal compressor now and if I gett he 60  and then use the 15 as a reserve that wil give me 75 gal  thats close to 80 isnt it ?

BUDDERS

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 15
  • Male Posts: 1,335
  • Member since Jul '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Sep 25, 2010, 09:01:33 AM »
I need to have the windows shut, the fan on and the A/C set to 72 degrees.  It drives my wife nuts because it's cold, but it works for me.
"A friend will help you move.  A real friend will help you move a body."

"They call it PMS because Mad Cow Disease was already taken"

"Hopefully, if I crap in a gopher hole, one doesn't try and nibble at my taint"  - my freind Fat Tony

"I once read somewhere that drinking causes violence, so I quit reading"

THK Matt

• 96ZJ v8
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a drink
« Reply #41 on: Sep 25, 2010, 10:18:25 AM »
i have to have music on, fan on sometimes the window cracked open with a second fan in the window and i cuddle up in a blanket. I cant stand being hot. i have to have that cool breeze. I am weird lol the fiance cant stand it!!

same thing in the winter when im in a vehicle.... the windows will be down and the heater is cranked! lol
2007 GMC Yukon SLT Daily

6.2L V8

brainlessfool

• It's not my problem if you can't hear the voices too.
  • Turtle Points: 2730
  • Male Posts: 4,207
  • Member since Jun '02
  • drive fast or the devil may get ya
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a cigar
« Reply #42 on: Sep 25, 2010, 11:39:35 AM »
I sleep like a baby every night. wake up crying with a load in my pants.
A good day working, that's just sick :reg:

WHITE_TRASH

• Turtle Points: 679
  • Member since Feb '03
  • Don't blame me, I didn't vote for this crap.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Sep 25, 2010, 03:18:32 PM »

:talkingn:

I'm a truck driver, I can sleep no problems with light, sound etc.  I actually sleep better in my truck than I do at home most of the time. :gap:
Full hydro, 186:1 with an auto and 44's what could go wrong??

THK Matt

• 96ZJ v8
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a drink
« Reply #44 on: Sep 25, 2010, 04:09:00 PM »

:beerchug:
2007 GMC Yukon SLT Daily

6.2L V8

bleakhorizon

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 50
  • Male Posts: 803
  • Member since Jul '07
  • I'm not being rude. You're just insignificant.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: Sep 25, 2010, 10:01:32 PM »
up until bout high school i used the quiet music at bed thing.... then i just didnt need it....

until i had kids... havent had more than 4-5 hours sleep a night since... I open my window and i can hear the wood mill a mile away, just faintly. . but the noise seems to help... dont ask me why....

also. if the wife is away or has to work a differant shift... i just plain can sleep either... not sure why because she sleeps HOT and i sleep cold and i cant stand her "cuddling me" lol. . .

hope that bed helps... im looking into one also...  They are expensive but, you sleep 1/3 of your life.... so its worth it lol
Those are some huge welds!

Tillamook, OR

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Sep 26, 2010, 12:26:05 AM »
My brother and I once rented a house with a very noisy furnace.  The first night it kicked on I thought "jesus h, how am I supposed to sleep with that thing cranking?", then realized it actually helped me fall asleep easier.  I'm really bad at getting on edge whenever I hear anything outside, a grocery bag moving, a neighbor's distant stereo, whatever.  I can be tired as hell and nodding off, hear one of those and be wired for hours.  I'm also a light sleeper and wake up to all those things as well with the same results.  That's about the only good thing I can say about getting drunk on the rare occassion I do, I sleep well all through the night and wake up at a much more reasonable hour than normal and am ready to go!
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

peacesells

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: -17
  • Male Posts: 791
  • Member since Jul '08
  • motley lou
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Sep 26, 2010, 10:56:28 AM »
One night a week I cannot get to sleep no matter how tired I am, so I pull a 36 hour day and feel like :pokinit: for a few days after. The last few weeks ive figured out if I have a drink or 2 on the nights when I cant sleep, im out in 10 minutes or less once I lay down. Between that, pillow between the legs, no light whatsoever in the room, some ambient noise, and a nice cool 65 degree room, I sleep pretty damn good.

I've also been hiking 8-15 miles a day and lifting weights 2 hours a day 5 days a week. I've noticed I dont sleep as much as I did when I was bein lazy, but the 6-8 hours I get is 10x better sleep than I was getting when I was lazy and sleepin 10 hours a night.
this my man lysol, fresh out the joint

bleakhorizon

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 50
  • Male Posts: 803
  • Member since Jul '07
  • I'm not being rude. You're just insignificant.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Sep 26, 2010, 05:54:51 PM »
or you could always go read the trail gear forums.... hear that place is a snoozer lol
Those are some huge welds!

Tillamook, OR

peacesells

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: -17
  • Male Posts: 791
  • Member since Jul '08
  • motley lou
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Sep 26, 2010, 07:46:36 PM »
or you could always go read the trail gear forums.... hear that place is a snoozer lol

That will give you diarrhea
this my man lysol, fresh out the joint

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Sep 26, 2010, 07:49:26 PM »
That will give you diarrhea

That'll drain you, figuratively and literally, you should sleep like a baby.

The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

46&2

• Hillbilly
  • Turtle Points: 8
  • Male Posts: 4,834
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Sep 28, 2010, 04:02:59 PM »
i have to have music on, fan on sometimes the window cracked open with a second fan in the window and i cuddle up in a blanket. I cant stand being hot. i have to have that cool breeze. I am weird lol the fiance cant stand it!!

same thing in the winter when im in a vehicle.... the windows will be down and the heater is cranked! lol

I am the same way... I'd rather be cold than hot, any time. I sleep easier when I am cold. :shrug:
85 4Runner Build  /  Cool Foreign Toyotas  /  Toyota: We Want Diesel FB Page    Rockcrawlintoy – i guess moms will put the pups up on the beach when they go fisting

superyota

• Prestige Worldwide
  • Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 71
  • Male Posts: 3,362
  • Member since Oct '05
  • what happened?
    • View Profile
    • Placer County Crawlers
« Reply #52 on: Sep 28, 2010, 04:12:16 PM »
reading a book always makes me tired and sleepy.   :dunno:.  i would seriously figure something out quick though.  going that long without rest is going to take its tole on you. i went 6 months on 2 hours of sleep 6 days a week.  i was in pretty bad shape when the job was over.  i'll never do that again. :crazy: :thud:
ABD Motorsports

If you can't convince them, confuse them.
Placer County Crawlers - President 2011-2016
www.placercountycrawlers.com

Rubicon Trail Foundation - Property Committee member
Friends of Fordyce - Board Member
KK6QDW

THK Matt

• 96ZJ v8
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a drink
« Reply #53 on: Sep 28, 2010, 04:44:28 PM »
I am the same way... I'd rather be cold than hot, any time. I sleep easier when I am cold. :shrug:

Thats awesome lol
2007 GMC Yukon SLT Daily

6.2L V8