Author Topic: Buget 85 hilux first 4x4 ever just goin for it weekend toy!!  (Read 23386 times)

turbo this..

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 54
  • Member since Oct '14
  • Wish list
    • View Profile
well gotten a few things done diff is now moved forwards about 1.5-1.75 inches ( one side had three holes drilled on the perch it was in the center one i enlarged the rea most one and copied its distance for the other side so how ever far that is )
in doing so i had to shorten the stabiliser arm or what ever its called i just one end off and bolted it in place had a few guesses at trimming the rod down till it fit then tack welded with the compressed air blower at the ready to cool it off fast so not to melt the rubber bush it took it off pushed the rubber bush out fully welded it and put it back on loots factory
the stering rod was also now to long altho i did not cut it down i just poped the arm off the box and re posistioned it so the stering wheel was straight and the indercator stitch worked propa
now i dont want to run spacers and my rims are neg 22 ofset so they sit way in but it turns out to be just bearly in the wheel arch (i want them under the arch keeps the cops happy) but of cause this causes leaf spring clearance problems so said flopp it ill just wind the stering stops out and call it good yet to find out if its way :pokinit: or bearible might have to run some inch spacers and rubber flares to get full lock stering

also got the crown wheel pinion ratio of my other set of diffs from an 83 they are 4.875 my current ones are 4.55 so my qustion now is it worth building up a pair of diffs to swap for favor of the ratio gain and will the ratio gain be noticible on 35s ???
o year and i lifted the alu bull bar to match the cab lift now the head lights actualy shine thrwe it haha looks much better

pictures

nice full flex/drop rea pics rub marks are from old 12.5 33 16 baja claws