Author Topic: Buget 85 hilux first 4x4 ever just goin for it weekend toy!!  (Read 23375 times)

turbo this..

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 54
  • Member since Oct '14
  • Wish list
    • View Profile
right well making tracks now!

tray and side steps are painted and where they live look good to me

looking at mounting the spare wheel and a tool box on the tray now as lets face it i dont want a flat in the bush and have to drive on it to get home and ill need some place to put my straps and stuff for when we go for 3 days trips or what ever

so tanks in and sweet well happy with it at this stage i put in 10L of diesel and parked it on a really messed up angle where the big tank can not feed the injunction pump making it relay on the "surge" tanks 7L capacity to fuel the engine lets just say i gave up and parked it up after 2 hours of sitting at idle so well happy to say the small tank will have loads of fuel to ride out the twisty bits till the main tank can feed it again

so the truck sits nice now its got the 40L water tank and 137L diesel tank under the tray witch i guess weighs in at about 200-250kg? it was a struggle for 3 people to lift the tray complete with lights mud flaps tank plumbing pump so shes got plenty of weight on the back end to ballance her up im yet to stick the jack under the chassis rails to see where the piveot point is on the car the whole point was to get the fuel tank up and out of the way of potincaly trinaglated 4 link and also to get the car more centred of the ballance front to rea

looks goofey with the small 19" rubber looking at some 31" or 33" on 15 or 16" steel rims to get her looking right

really makes me want to paint the cab now looking at the tray and steps also want to do a pipe style front bar and wheel arch savors but then the intera is totaly stufed and lets the whole lot down haha wheres the line to stop at?

oh yeah after serching hi and low ive come up with 3 drive shafts to hopefully make a decant one

ill get some pics up tomorow and check out the ballance point hope its about center of the diffs front to rea

should get the roadie done soon aswell so be able to go play in this thing finaly

ohh yeah one of the guys have bought a 60 series land cruser now so might be some real fun