Author Topic: The Official 3RZ Knowledge and Database Thread  (Read 916871 times)

androxy

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Turtle Points: -32
  • Member since Dec '14
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
hello everyone.

Long time lurker first time poster.

I have read most of this thread I think and it has served me well through my swap however i have a few questions that i haven't been able to sort out and they are really starting to bug me.

3rz is into a 89 Model Hilux Surf which had a 22R in it from factory. Motor is wired to run with the basics only. For the life of me i cannot get the charging system working, the old 22r had an external regulator which i have deleted and by following the limited wiring diagrams i have been able to find i still cannot get the 3rz alt which is internally regulated to produce power. I am only using the motor harness from the 3rz everything else is either fresh wiring or existing 22R that i am trying to get working. I currently have it wired as below.

3RZ Alternator wire colour                            Standard Body Loom wire colour
White / Red                                           To Batt+ via 100amp breaker
     Yellow Black                                                 Yellow Blue To  Ign Switch via Charge Fuse Charge Lamp and Ign fuse
     Red Blue                                                     White To Ign Switch via gauge fuse
    White                                                            Red Blue To Ign Switch Via Engine Fuse

Can anybody help me out with this?

Also I've got my wiring drawn up for the Water Temp and Oil Press gauges in the factory 22R Dash, are the senders the same on the 3rz will these gauges read correctly?

Tacho is all sorted I'm really annoyed as the alt should have been the easiest part. Many thanks to anyone who can help me out  :thumbs:

Cheers