Author Topic: BigMike's Big Project  (Read 724766 times)

BigMike

• Administrator
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2158
  • Male Posts: 18,292
  • Member since Apr '02
  • 511:1 Club
    • View Profile
    • Bone-Stock Plane-Jane 1981 Shortbed Pickup
Re: BigMike's Big Project
« Reply #960 on: Apr 18, 2005, 12:00:27 PM »
And that's it. I did replace a couple of burned out light bulbs, got some new top secret Marlin Crawler seats that will be unveiled at the Jambo :eyebrow:  :wink2:  :ladys-man: and I drained my cooling system and replaced a couple of "questionable" radiator hoses.

If you're wondering why I dont have a HySteer, its because I fear the drag link will hit my oil pan. My springs I believe are only a 3" lift, plus the 3RZ is MUCH taller than a 22R, so the pan sits very low. So I think they only way to get around this will be to change my springs and run our Marlin front springs which will move the front axle forward and get the drag link of a HySteer system in front of the oil pan. But I am not ready to do my suspension yet, so I'm gonna have to wait on the HySteer for a while. So the next best thing is a Marlink. I mounted the steering stabilizer on the frame where it normally would be with a HySteer, so Im hoping I dont have to change that mount once I do switch over to the HySteer.

So now, the only things remaining to do for the Jamboree is get some Nerf Bars installed (which we are out of stock on right now - hopefully they will be in on Tues :crossed:) and I was going to bob the bed, but that was about 2 weeks ago and I still don't have any time. So I hope the trails I'm gonna go on are not to tight or I might take part of my bed. I really hope not. You know, it's one thing to beat up your truck, but its another thing to beat up your truck with proper armor. Without any protection, and I mean any, I don't have a t/case skid plate, I dont have a front bumper, I dont have a rear bumper, and I dont have any rock sliders, so I really dont want to go out and beat up my truck right now. But hopefully I can get the rock sliders on and then I think I'll be ok. I will just have to drive more carefully that's all.

Looking forward to this weekend, can't wait!
Check out our new Rock Crawling Videos!
2016 56-speed 580:1 Tacoma Rock Crawler   
1981 36-speed 511:1 3RZ-FE Rock Crawler
1987 6-speed Supercharged 4A-GZE MR2
Instagram: @SlowestTacoma
Things are only impossible until they are not.
"The worst of both worlds, the best of neither." -abnormaltoy
"An informed question. But difficult to answer. I am what you see." -Nanaki