Author Topic: With Gun Control, Cost Benefit Analysis Is Amoral  (Read 1534 times)

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1363
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
Re: With Gun Control, Cost Benefit Analysis Is Amoral
« on: Jan 09, 2013, 11:42:17 PM »
Another thing to think about, is the fact that roughly 65-75% of all shootings are with stolen guns.  Why stolen guns, because the homeowner didn't have them in a gun safe. 

If you own guns, and don't own a gun safe, and I break into your house looking for guns.  My first places to go would be the closets, bedroom dressers, in a corner of the bedroom and nightstands.  Why do you ask?  Because 100% of all people who own guns and don't own a gun safe, those are the exact places they keep them.  I asked about 20 people at work who doesn't have a gun safe, where do they keep their guns.  And before they told me, I told them exactly where they might keep their guns.   Think about it, if you don't own a gun safe, where are your guns???

Most domestic violence, the shooter has the gun out in the open readily available.  If they had to take the time to go to the safe and get the gun, the family member would have had enough time to flee.

And these gun buy ins, for gift cards, is complete bull crap.  They are only getting guns from citizens that the media has freaked out.  The guns being turned in are collectors rifles, antique WWII weapons that nobody can get/afford ammo for, single shot .22's, and RPG tubes!!  These are all items shooters don't want.  You'll never see a gang banger turning in his saturday night special for a $20 gift card.  They are gonna sell it for $50-100 cash on a street corner.   I could go on about this, but I'm gonna stop.   
Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen