Author Topic: Make-A-Wish Benefit Off-Road ride  (Read 3098 times)

willbeis

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Turtle Points: -1
  • Member since Jan '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Make-A-Wish Benefit Off-Road ride
« on: Jan 25, 2006, 05:58:44 AM »
With all that has been happening in our world since 9/11, the spirit of giving has grown tremendously. One of the most obvious ways that we show this spirit of giving is by helping others rather then ourselves.

This year, the Keystone Krawlers Off-Road Club, with your help, will hold our first annual Make-A-Wish in the Woods Benefit Ride, at Rausch Creek Off-Road Park in Joliett, PA 17981.

This event kicks off on Saturday, June 10, 2006 and continues through Sunday, June 11, 2006. We would like you to be an integral part of this incredible event! It is only with your attendance that this event can be successful. We need your attendance to make this the most memorable experience for the MAKE-A-WISH FOUNDATON ® of SUSQUEHANNA VALLEY and everyone in attendance

Our goal is to raise as much money for the Make-A-Wish Foundation as possible. The event is for ALL makes & models of 4x4 vehicles of any size, with drivers of all experience levels. Even if you've never been off-road before - there will be a group for you as well. Experienced trail guides will lead each group - from Mild to Wild.

Please visit the event website for all the details! www.keystonekrawlers.com/MAW

DogdenII

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 46
  • Member since Mar '03
  • www.keystonekrawlers.com
    • View Profile
    • Keystone Krawlers
Re: Make-A-Wish Benefit Off-Road ride
« Reply #1 on: Jan 26, 2006, 05:32:17 AM »
This is going to be a GREAT event.  However, even if you can't attend in person, you can still contribute.  On the event webpage www.keystonekrawlers.com/MAW we have a paypal donation button on the left!

If anyone has any specific questions feel free to give me a yell...... president@keystonekrawlers.com

Thanks to EVERYONE.
Lancaster, PA

DogdenII

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Mar '03
    • View Profile
    • Keystone Krawlers
« Reply #2 on: Jan 29, 2006, 06:54:17 AM »
We're working on lodging discounts now.  A few are posted already:  http://www.keystonekrawlers.com/MAW/Lodging.htm
Lancaster, PA

DogdenII

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Mar '03
    • View Profile
    • Keystone Krawlers
« Reply #3 on: Feb 04, 2006, 05:19:53 AM »
I am happy to announce that is sponsoring Make-A-Wish in the Woods!
Lancaster, PA

DogdenII

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Mar '03
    • View Profile
    • Keystone Krawlers
« Reply #4 on: Feb 07, 2006, 05:39:46 PM »
Has just signed on to sponsor the Make-A-Wish in the Woods event!
Lancaster, PA

DogdenII

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Mar '03
    • View Profile
    • Keystone Krawlers
« Reply #5 on: Mar 19, 2006, 07:01:56 AM »
I'm excited to announce that http://www.low-range.com/ will be covering both days of the Make-A-Wish event!

More sponsors have been added and all informaton can be obtained here:  www.keystonekrawlers.com/MAW
Lancaster, PA

cc89iroc

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Turtle Points: 9
  • Member since Oct '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Apr 06, 2006, 07:11:40 PM »
So who from the area is planning on comming to this event,it is a great way to get out and help some kids at the same time.This is going to be alot of fun.Even if you cant come how about showing some support for the kids,they can use every little bit they can get

DogdenII

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Mar '03
    • View Profile
    • Keystone Krawlers
« Reply #7 on: Apr 28, 2006, 04:03:28 PM »
Toyota FJ Cruiser Trail Team @ Make-A-Wish in the Woods
June 10th and 11th at Rausch Creek!

We are excited to announce that The Toyota FJ Cruiser Trail Team is helping to make the Make-A-Wish® in the Woods event a huge success!

The Toyota FJ Cruiser Trail Team has announced their participation in the 2006 Make-A-Wish® in the Woods event and I can tell you that they are as excited to be involved as we are to have them!

First and foremost the FJ Cruiser Trail Team will be on the trails wheeling 3 FJ Cruisers with everyone else.

-On the trails they will invite fellow four wheelers to slide behind the wheel and tackle a portion of the trail. 

-During the trail rides they will be both filming and taking pictures.

-The pictures and video will be posted on-line.

http://www.toyota.com/vehicles/minisite/fjbulletin/index.html?s_van=GM_FJ_HOME_FJ_BULLETIN

-After running the trails they will be setting up camp with the rest of the crowd.

-At their base camp they will have the FJ Cruisers available for people to look at, touch, crawl under, check out, and ask us any questions.

-As people are examining the newest FJ Cruiser they will have handouts & small gifts.

-In addition to the FJ Cruisers being there, they will show footage of the vehicles in action on the trails.

-The footage will be shown on their inflatable 16’x20 movie screen.

[size=18]Come join us for what is gearing up to be one of the best wheeling events of the season! [/size]  www.keystonekrawlers.com/MAW

Special thanks to Ray (Glassdoc) for planting the seed

Thanks to James Arriola from Toyota's Fleet Services and Kimberly Kyaw Trail Team Manager from Toyota Motor Sales for making this happen.
Lancaster, PA

HOODLUM

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 11
  • Male Posts: 81
  • Member since Mar '05
  • Wrecking Crew
    • View Profile
    • rightcoast4x4.com
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2006, 09:36:33 AM »
We at Toyota off-road.com and Damage Inc. are very pleased to announce that we will be participating at this event. As of right now we have 5 rigs committed but hope to have closer to a dozen or so. It's crunch time on alot of project rigs that are gonna be cutting it close. But if all goes well a couple of them will be done in time. And nothing major breaks during the runs on Memorial Day wknd. I hope to meet some of you out there.
99 TACO 2.7 4CYL  HP d-60 front d-70 rear 5:13's and detroits 63" chevy rear springs second gen rears up front.

http://rightcoast4x4.com/

DogdenII

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Mar '03
    • View Profile
    • Keystone Krawlers
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2006, 08:48:03 AM »
30 days out and counting down!

We have had an overwhelming amount of caring folks who can't attend the run make donations.  It's so great to see folks want to get involved with making a difference in the lives of children.  I encourage everyone who CAN attend to come out and enjoy everything that we have planned for you!  If you can not attend, please consider making ANY donation (even a $1.00 goes a LONG way when you add it in to the total amount) to paypal@keystonekrawlers.com and be sure to add MAKE-A-WISH Benefit in the notes!

Again - thank you to everyone for helping to make a difference.
Lancaster, PA

nrgwar

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 49
  • Member since May '06
  • Sit on it!!!
    • View Profile
    • Colorblind Designs
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2006, 09:38:23 AM »
i want to see video of this evet. i wish there could be events like this in my state :) well thx to Toyota for having a damn good idea & also to who ever thought about thsi event thank you so much i wish i was there  :beerchug:
2001 4Runner SR5

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Internet Lassies
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Female Posts: 8,265
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2006, 01:15:47 PM »
Sounds great guys! I hope it turns out very successful!
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

HOODLUM

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Male Posts: 81
  • Member since Mar '05
  • Wrecking Crew
    • View Profile
    • rightcoast4x4.com
« Reply #13 on: Jun 01, 2006, 11:10:48 AM »
The Keystone Krawlers are responsible along with The Make-A-Wish Foundation of Susquehanna Valley. And glassdoc/dogdenii were responsible for getting the FJ Cruiser team involved. Glassdoc got it started and dogdenii finalised the deal along with ALOT of the other details. Dogdenii has stepped up above and beyound his duties as club president to get this event going and hoping that we can continue this to hold this event year after year.

As far as video goes I'll be doing some but I have no way of transferring it from VHS tape to DVD. Can anyone help me out with this?

This charity and event holds very special meaning to some of us. Some more than others(like myself) they do several charity events BUT this is the one that we are putting the call out to all wheelers and asking for participation on any level. I have seen first hand on what the Make-A-Wish Foundation is capable of and it's very hard to not shed tears.
http://mkelly.proboards22.com/index.cgi?board=NorthEast&action=display&thread=1138668801
99 TACO 2.7 4CYL  HP d-60 front d-70 rear 5:13's and detroits 63" chevy rear springs second gen rears up front.

http://rightcoast4x4.com/