Author Topic: Wheel raffle to benefit kid with cancer  (Read 2499 times)

kneedownnate

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
Wheel raffle to benefit kid with cancer
« on: Jun 07, 2007, 11:09:32 PM »
I know very little about this, but what I read within this thread turned my guts.  You get a chance to win a set of wheels, but most importantly you can help offset the medical bills accrued by the family due to the surgeries/treatments.  You know what to do!

http://pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=586364
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
Re: Wheel raffle to benefit kid with cancer
« Reply #1 on: Jun 08, 2007, 09:09:24 AM »
Top!
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jun 08, 2007, 10:24:54 AM »
Despite the flaming and everything...they are involved in some good causes over there.
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

79coyotefrg

• Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #3 on: Jun 08, 2007, 11:50:54 AM »
Quote from: allusee;6869782
Here is a recent Pic. of Zach!

We go in tomorrow for his 2nd bone marrow transplant, 6 weeks in the hospital is going to be PURE HELL!

Wish US Luck, Please!

i know  how hard it is  to be laid up  but  damn,  :headshake:   a little guy  :rivers:
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

CTENG in KS

• Turtle Points: -501
  • Male Posts: 4,295
  • Member since Jun '04
  • ^Alfred the Great
    • View Profile
    • CTENG's Eco-Rant
« Reply #4 on: Jun 08, 2007, 12:38:35 PM »
On top of the raffle there are bracelets for Zach too...I have five...might get more.
linky:
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=548365
IFS is best kept at ambient temperature in a pile of scrap in the backyard.  When kept under a functioning vehicle, it tends to greatly diminish said vehicle's offroad ability.     -reklund5

4Runner: http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=4580.0
Beastmaster: http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=34339.0

79coyotefrg

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Jun 08, 2007, 01:11:24 PM »
Quote from: Rudezuk;6163284
Please bear with me here, as this pains me to write.  My punctuation and spelling may be off but you will get the message regardless.

Last week, one of our twin boys, Zachary started limping on his left leg.  Being a 2.5 YO kid, we thought maybe he just banged his leg.  Well 2 days later it had worsened so much that he could not even stand on it.

We took him into the DR. and they did some x-rays and an exam and didnt find anything.  They sent him home with some medicine calling it a simple sprain.  Well he woke up sunday night screaming, so I took him to the ER and they finally did some blood tests.

Between the ER and his regular DR., Monday evening Zach was hospitalized for more research and tests to be complete as he was Anemic.

Well yesterday after being in the hospital all week we finally received his diagnosis.  Zach is in stage for of a cancer called Neuroblastoma.  He has a large (about a softball size) tumor in his upper right chest cavity.  This cancerous tumor has spread to what looks to be at this point his left leg and hip.

His treatment starts today of his first Chemo therapy wich lasts for about 6 days and then 2-3 weeks at home.  He will go through about 6 months of this and then we will have to take him to another facility for him to do a Stem Cell Transplant.  (this is where they remove his bone marrow, give him extreme doses of Chemo and then put his bone marrow back in).

At some point he will probably receive radiation treatment, and the surgery to remove the mass.  This will be a very long tough battle for him and our family.  Statistically he has a 50/50 chance of being cured, so as tough as it is, we are hoping for the best.

As I hope all of you believe, Family comes first, so unfortunately you will not see us out on the race circuit, and probably not too much out on the trail either.  HBRK4x4.com will go to the back burner, and Amber will not be doing day care anymore either.

On the brighter side of this, he is a very strong boy and he has had some tough days since he was born and he is very resilient to things trying to keep him down.

So in conclusion, we will update those who care as often as we can, but may be tough some times depending on the busy schedule.  Email will be a best contact for us at rudezuk@yahoo.com

For the religious folks out there, please add zach to your prayers and for those who are not, next time you have a drink, toast to him.

This is all for now :(

Shane

***EDIT****

Added a pic of zach

Also, we have been asked to provide an address for those wanting to help.  this is a business address, people are there every business day.

7503 track Rd
Nampa ID

Also, Sluice Sally has set something up for him for donations.
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=530480

AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

mudmaster

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 3715
  • Male Posts: 2,854
  • Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #6 on: Jun 08, 2007, 01:40:51 PM »
Just got a couple myself
Time to go wheelin!

RK

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 757
  • Member since Jul '05
  • Me, crazy?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Jun 08, 2007, 02:14:28 PM »
as did i.
Max
Black Hole Racing - 84 Jackalope/79 Devil Bunny/87 Golf - Service rig: 2012 Ram 3500

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Jun 08, 2007, 09:39:29 PM »
Top, let's keep this up!  I kinda thought it was maybe a young adult for some reason, but that pic put a monster lump in my throat and is why I posted here.  I don't like when anybody undeservingly suffers, but littls kids should NOT be made to go through something so traumatic and draining.

You can give a little or a lot, remember that anything you can give will help, and if everybody is willing to forgo a couple starbucks drinks and aim that money in a positive direction it'll ad up fast! 
RIP KYOTA

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Jun 13, 2007, 12:39:31 PM »
Tippy top
RIP KYOTA

mudmaster

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #10 on: Jun 14, 2007, 04:59:50 AM »
TT
Time to go wheelin!

mima

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 151
  • Member since Mar '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Jun 14, 2007, 08:22:38 PM »
hope all goes well. top!
85 yota, 4 in AP, 529s and detroits f&r, 35 in bfg mt, bed bobbed 12 in, AP winch bumper, warn 9000xdi

79coyotefrg

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Jun 14, 2007, 09:02:52 PM »
go little Zach  go  :cheer:

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Jun 14, 2007, 09:50:13 PM »
Thanks for bumpin it guys :thumbs:
RIP KYOTA

mudmaster

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #14 on: Jun 15, 2007, 04:53:08 AM »
Go buddy!
Time to go wheelin!

mudmaster

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #15 on: Jul 04, 2007, 11:40:10 AM »
TT
Time to go wheelin!

Tallchevy

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 236
  • Male Posts: 3,562
  • Member since Dec '06
  • Where were going we don't need roads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Jul 04, 2007, 11:53:27 AM »
I told a co-worker about the thread on Pirate. He had me print the thread for him. Came to work the other day & his hair was short. He cut his long hair & donated it in Zach's name. He might not get my co-workers hair but there will be hair for Zach if he needs it. I thought that was awsome that he did that  :thumbs:
:angry: My child is an honor student at Anton Levay's School of Satanic Arts :angry:

87 4Runner redo
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=41959.0
87 Toyota 4Runner, SAS Rig Gallery
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=29877.msg3

mudmaster

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer