Author Topic: Project Never Easy  (Read 73718 times)

Peterbuilt84

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 12
  • Male Posts: 1,049
  • Member since Sep '09
    • View Profile
    • Poly Goats
    • Buy me a beer
Re: Project Never Easy
« Reply #240 on: Aug 26, 2012, 08:31:16 PM »
Update time  :clap:

As posted above my new t-case crossmember wasn't going to fit without some cutting.

First Cut

Eventually cut quite a bit more. Used some 3/4" square tubing to make a frame.

Then added some supports.

And some finished shots installed.

Mounted the skins for the tunnel with some sheet metal screws. It was a bit more work, but being able to remove them if needed seemed worth it to me.

Raising the cases that much meant that the horsecollar crossmember was going to have to be modified pretty heavily for driveline and exhaust clearance, decided to just cut it out completely. Made a new one out of 2"x2" square tubing with a notch for the exhaust.

Also had to move the gas tank because it attached to the old horsecollar, to the bed it went. Used some left over 3/4" square tubing from the trans tunnel to make a frame and mounts for the tank.

Going rear disks meant that I had to redo my rear brake lines. Picked up some 3/8" copper brake line and went to work.

Making the lines ended up being super easy so I redid the front lines since I didn't like how they were set up.

Pass side, cut the old mount and moved it to the side of the frame rail.

And how I rand it to the caliper. Made some tabs to attach the lines to that mount with the caliper bolt.

Driver side had a female fitting on the frame rail so I used an old line I had and ran it to the frame rail. I think the line was the old rear soft line.

Had to pull the tranny since the clutch wasn't disengaging. Threw it back in and everything worked great  :greengrin: Can't wait to use the duals.

And how it sits today.

Just have some rollers and my old 15's with 1.5" spacers until I can find some tires for my 17's. And if in any of the pics you see gear oil that's because it was leaking out of the rear shifter since there isn't an oil slinger  :shake: