Author Topic: Does anybody know anything about all of the missing Yota's in Nor-Cal?  (Read 16251 times)

awhotrods

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 154
  • Male Posts: 1,203
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
Is there any new info on all the stolen yota's in norcal yet? I was just reading about a bunch of stolen rigs on the pirates forum too!  I hope someone other than the cops find these assh@les and gives'em what they deserve!!!   :stomp:   I have my remington 12 gauge SA shotgun loaded and ready to go, I'm almost afraid of finding some MF in my truck, it would be a messy situation!!  Hope something turns up soon.

79coyotefrg

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
yea its not easy getting blood and brains out of the upolstery

AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

79coyotefrg

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
 :bowdown:  :acclaim:  :dancing: BigMike lives  :cheer: and you guys said he was kidnapped by aleins  :outtahere:  :eyecrazy: :thpst: or that his girlfriend's parents  :punish: him,  but hes da man  :cheer: if Mikey cant  :boxing: those aliens ,  :bash: nobody can
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

Wheelinwoodman [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -40
  • Male Posts: 145
  • Member since Jan '05
  • crap stains
    • View Profile
Hey guys, keep up the brain storming.  I agree, we should not post specifics on our trucks in here, it is a plentiful picking ground.  I still belive that karma is going to come back on whoever is doing this.
It goes, but is it ever finished?

FATB0Y

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 2,803
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
    • fatboy on my space.com
You coul also have it were you turn on the ignition switch but hide a start push button :idea:

guywithuglyyota

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 212
  • Male Posts: 810
  • Member since Jul '04
  • F-22 Crew Chief
    • View Profile
Kinda on the cheap side  :headscratch:

I highly recommed that everyone etches there equipment with a simple etch tool from home depo or something. Even if these idiots scratch off the etching it will be noticed the buyer. Etch the vin since there is only one of those numbers on earth. Etch your diffs, axles, pumps, gear boxes, crawlers trannys doors, glass  EVERYTHING! Then if it gets stolen you can inform all these forums to look for etched parts for sale.  
« Last Edit: Feb 11, 2005, 11:11:37 PM by guywithuglyyota »
Comedy is the last refuge of the nonconformist mind.

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
good idea, I dont want my truck disappearing, and my stuff isnt even worth what a lot of your guys are
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

FATB0Y

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
    • fatboy on my space.com
Mabe keepin' mine stock is not such a bad :idea:

Marketing

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: -30
  • Male Posts: 1,639
  • Member since Aug '03
    • View Profile
There were some discussions here about some parts that one user has for sale. The user is Dan Bell , 4x4dano. This is the guy that makes the Bellfield joints. I know for a fact that he is not stealing rigs and parting them out. He is parting out his rig and selling lots of other spare parts too. He is building a new truck and is starting from scratch. I have known this guy for years and there is no way he is involved in anything like this. He has been working 60 hours a week making flashlights for Maglight at his day job and building Bellfields at night. He would not have the time even if he wanted to. I also know his wife and kid. These are good folk.

I appreciate trying to find whoever is steeling trucks but lets not go off half thingyed. We don't need a lynching party for innocent.

Prismo

• Online The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 8403
  • Member since Oct '03
  • Living in the green house
    • View Profile
Thank you for the voice of reason Chris. :biggthumpup:
Retired Great White Turtle Hunter
Originally posted by fortysixandtwo – sheesh, you should see the transvestites i sell ammo to sometimes

79coyotefrg

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
well said, just trying to help, 

lilbuddy

• Dried Fruit Warrior
  • Turtle Points: -234
  • Male Posts: 5,720
  • Member since Aug '04
  • Hella....
    • View Profile
Well, I live in Chico CA. Today I went to the local 4x4 shop (North Valley 4wd), looked on their bulletin board and guess what, 3..yes 3 stolen rigs on there. When I got home, i looked in the paper to see if there was any 1st gen toyotas for sale, and under one of the sections, an 87 toyota stolen, sas and goodies on it. I go to the part that shows the Police reports for Chico, and there was an 84 toyota reported stolen last tuesday. I just thought to myself "Holy crap. 5 rigs in Chico and Paradise stolen, thats rediculous" Now that I tell my parents there theres another missing toyota (just around 1 or 2 a week...looking on pirate and such) now they dont laugh at me anymore for parking my truck in the garge. This really really needs to be put to an end. I tried wiring a cut off switch to my coil and it didnt work. I need to find something else to use also...its lame.

RIP Kyota.... you are the man

GET IT!!!

FATB0Y

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
    • fatboy on my space.com
pull the ign. fuse untill ya can get you a kill s/w

mudaddict

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: -82
  • Male Posts: 1,829
  • Member since Dec '04
    • View Profile
    • All Pro Off Road
We need to put a stop to this!!!! prismo i didnt knwo about anyhitng around here!!! my car is out in the open ALLL day!
98 Taco- Super charged, sas'd, bobbed, locked,taco boxed with 39's
Taco Build http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=88901.0

I work At
All Pro Off Road

KustomKhaos

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Member since Jan '05
  • Without rules.... There is KHAOS
    • View Profile
Guys I live on the East coast and many years ago lived a fast and stupid life of stealing cars. I got caught and served my time. I now have a family and work 10 hr days to support my family and build offroad rigs to support my hobby. You guys would be suprised how affective a properly installed alarm system with dual sirens and a starter kill will detour a theif. The siren does not always stop them but if they have to cut 2 seperate siren wires and then the ignition won't work it's time to move on to the next one. There is just to much work involved. Also let your neighbors know if they hear it go off to call the police and ask questions later. everyone knows how long it takes for the police to respond so every min counts. Like I said I do not live life this way anymore, it is not worth looking over your shoulder every min. I have 2 beautiful kids I would like to see grow up and not from behind bars. Be patiant someone will slip up and get caught.

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
Appreciate the advice KustomKhaos. :thumbs:  and thank you for speaking from a position most wouild rather leave unspoken.  Enjoy your family!!

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

-Ronald Reagan

lilbuddy

• Dried Fruit Warrior
  • Turtle Points: -234
  • Male Posts: 5,720
  • Member since Aug '04
  • Hella....
    • View Profile
Wow, is someone finally doing something about this? I havent heard of any stolen any time lately. This is good.
RIP Kyota.... you are the man

GET IT!!!

guywithuglyyota

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Jul '04
  • F-22 Crew Chief
    • View Profile
yeah it has been kinda quiet.....hope it stays that way

backseatwheeler

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 130
  • Member since Feb '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
last year towards the end of the year and begining of this year i was in town for 2 months clovis .CA in that time i caught somebody 3 times trying to steal my brother and laws truck. i caught a guy trying to slim gym it once they had another stolen yota and where driving around in it looking for a better one and also had a secondary vehical waiting incase :pokinit: when arise i came out and the guy bailed to the secondary vehical and left the other stolen yota cops where there in like 2 mins and didnt catch nobody the second time they tryed to steal a truck that my bro and law was working on and wasnt running same thing though had another vehical waiting and guy bailed b4 i could catch him.
the third time they took his stereo cause we wired in a kill switch but his ignition was all screwd up and mangled it was a difrent guy the two times i did happen to see it and same style m.o so leasds me to belive theres some body out there organizing this.

guywithuglyyota

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Jul '04
  • F-22 Crew Chief
    • View Profile
hmm, what kind of get away vehicle were they driving? Im assuing that was probably stolen also. If we shoot at them with a desert eagle .50 do you think they will keep messing with yota's??

crazymoritz97

• Offline Rock Master
  • Male Posts: 298
  • Member since Jun '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
HEY GUYS
WHAT IF YOUR TRUCK GOT STOLEN AND U FOUND IT BUT THE GUY THAT HAS IT BOT IT FROM THE ONE HOW STOLE IT IN THE FIRST PLACE WHAT WOULD U DO  .PLEASE GET BACK 2 ME ON IT
 FROM MORITZ97
Chris g Moritz

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
HEY GUYS
WHAT IF YOUR TRUCK GOT STOLEN AND U FOUND IT BUT THE GUY THAT HAS IT BOT IT FROM THE ONE HOW STOLE IT IN THE FIRST PLACE WHAT WOULD U DO  .PLEASE GET BACK 2 ME ON IT
 FROM MORITZ97

Hard situation, I wouldnt approach the guy alone, I would honestly get the police involved.  Take all the papers you have on it, especialy trhe ones with the VIN and the title.  You might wanna go to your local PD and ask them as well.  Cause the guy you would be approachin gis set up to lose some $$, and I dont think he can get it back, unless he knows who the thief is and turns him in.

-Ronald Reagan

guywithuglyyota

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Jul '04
  • F-22 Crew Chief
    • View Profile

David

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 218
  • Male Posts: 263
  • Member since Jan '03
  • I love Marlin Crawler!
    • View Profile
The trouble with early Yotas is the fact that you can open the door locks with a pencil and not make a sound doing it. A slight mod might keep the not-so-determined thief from taking off with the rig.
A sign in the rear window reads: "this vehicle is protected by the SKS 30 security system, for a demo touch this truck".
« Last Edit: Mar 14, 2005, 07:39:03 PM by David »

kneedownnate

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
HEY GUYS
 FROM MORITZ97

Always get the cops involved, the guy with the truck will go down for receiving stolen property and will get in worse trouble if he doesn't turn in the seller.

As far as the reason all the toy theft has stopped, I heard a few weeks ago or so they caught a couple(few?) guys down near sac that had stored a bunch of stolen trucks and their parts at an abandoned house and somehow got caught with it all.  That's really all I can remember though...
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

red85

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Male Posts: 16
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
    • 4x4trailhunters
they busted some guys in Redding a few weeks ago that were said to have been stealing cars and trucks from sacramento up into oregon for the last couple years. They never said if they were taking Yota's or not but I wonder......

dj

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: -2
  • Male Posts: 519
  • Member since Apr '04
  • whoops
    • View Profile
I live in Ok in the country so I do not worry about my rig being stolen, however I do install many homebrew anti theft systems, it is a snap. Just tap into your starter wire and run it in series through another circuit. For example, make it where you have to hold the power window switch down to start it. you can get very creative with this, cruise control buttons, heater switch, dome light anything.
be sure to tap into your start wire under the hood and not in the steering column. if you do it in the column, an experienced thief will probably find it. I have also seen push buttons installed behind the ashtray or the lighter element, all you need to do is push in on the lighter knob, or the ashtray while holding the key in start, Thiefs want an easy steal they are not going to try to figure this out.
Or just get some really loud exhaust and a loaded gun, If you start my rig the house shakes, shortly thereafter I will be shooting the fool that decided to steal my rig :flamer:   :bling:
Toyota + Chevrolet = Toylet
82 toylet
400hp of birfield destructing fun

Thumper

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 63
  • Member since Dec '03
    • View Profile
Lol hey dj i bet i could steal your rig in the middle of the day and not get caught or shot and wouldent even need too hotwire it!
bet i could even get around the watchdog too! lol
nah just kiddin but it would be funny if i did steal your truck while u was gone i could have did it easy that day i came and got the trailer and unloaded it for ya.
hope they fine some of the stolen rigs and im glad i dont gota worry about it heck i leave the keys in all my rigs all the time here in ok heck we dont even lock the door on the house most of the time. thats the perks of liveing out in the country and not in the city people are afraid of trying too steal our stuff or break in becuase they will get shot and burried in the back yard and no one will ever know it happend. that keeps would be theves away.
good luck guys
adam
If you didn't make it, and it ain't broke, you didn't try hard enough.

alwayzbroken

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 603
  • Male Posts: 1,905
  • Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
The only anti theft devices I would install would be so my friends don't hide my truck.
If you still have control you aren't going fast enough

eddybaboy

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -1
  • Male Posts: 104
  • Member since Dec '04
    • View Profile
1: where is the ignition fuse?
2: does anyone use the club that locks the brake/clutch pedal?
2.5: anyone know if it has it been defeated?