Author Topic: Missing and Bogging......HELP !!!!!  (Read 2123 times)

YotaYota

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 12
  • Male Posts: 182
  • Member since Dec '03
  • Cuttin.....Weldin.....Grindin.....
    • View Profile
Missing and Bogging......HELP !!!!!
« on: Aug 01, 2004, 07:11:41 PM »
Ok.......So this mornin i went to my truck to go to work and it had a little truble starting, ok no big deal right ?? went to blip the throttle to clear it up and it sounded like it loaded right up, spiting sputtering poping, got it to clear up a little buy reving it slightly, went to drive it out of my drive way :driving:, got on the skinny pedel(thought it my clear it ouit) and it was guttless untill it hit 3k, then it was normal ??? , stoped at a stop light, and it went back to playin games again. A little history, recently new fuel filter, plugs, wires, cap & rotor, coil, cleaned intake and injector, good compressio, think timing is fine(havent played w/ it since new cap/rotor). Ran a scan, only got code 11, witch is cuz i have no A/C compresser. Tryed to play w/ the TPS adjustment, didnt do didly squat. Now im thinken AFM is going wacky :banana:, so im stumped, dont have acess to another AFM till tomarrow. But I dunno ?? HELP !!!!!
85' Yota P/U, 37X12.50X17 BFG MT's on Steelys, Duel Cases, (2.28X4.7), V6 3rds Locked and Loaded W/ 4.88's, AllPro Rear Disk Brakes, Profeilds, All-Pro Front Sus., 4-Link w/ Sway-A-Way Air Shox, Flat Belly

Skinny_Pedal

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 89
  • Male Posts: 2,833
  • Member since Apr '04
  • work so I can support my lifestyle
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
Re: Missing and Bogging......HELP !!!!!
« Reply #1 on: Aug 01, 2004, 07:16:35 PM »
to me it sounds like the timing is off. when my truck had the timing to low it wouldnt get power to about 3grand as well. just my  :twocents:
Im an OG

locknload

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since Mar '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Aug 03, 2004, 07:44:19 AM »
1. Check timing

2. Check rotor and cap...Look on inside for cracking or carbon tracks. I've had brand new non-toyota caps crap out 10 miles after I installed them. I now only use 'yota caps/rotors.

3. Double check new ignition wires for volt leaks. When it gets dark I start the motor and look for arching. If I see none, I take a spray bottle with water and spray the ignition,(wires. cap. coil) then watch for sparks. Most wires sets fail this test...only high quality sets (including Toyota) pass.

4. Check all engine wire connections.

5. Take a look at all vacume hose conections. At idle shack the hoses one at a time a look for changes in idle speed. Take a can of Berrymans Chemtool and spry around vac hoses and intake gaskets at idle and listen for change in idle.

6. Good luck

YotaYota [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Dec '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Aug 03, 2004, 07:57:40 AM »
Ok.......Checked timing - All go, Checkes TPS - All go, looked for vac leaks - none that I could find, cap and rotor - look good, ill check for arching tonight, I still think it has somthing to do w/ the AFM, gonna try and get ahold of a friends and test it today, The thing that gots me stumped is it only dose this when the motors cold, could it be that little thermal vac switch under the TB, i dont even kno what that little duber dose. and were can i get "Berrymans Chemtool" ??? thanks for the input guys

-anthony
85' Yota P/U, 37X12.50X17 BFG MT's on Steelys, Duel Cases, (2.28X4.7), V6 3rds Locked and Loaded W/ 4.88's, AllPro Rear Disk Brakes, Profeilds, All-Pro Front Sus., 4-Link w/ Sway-A-Way Air Shox, Flat Belly

WHITE_TRASH

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 679
  • Member since Feb '03
  • Don't blame me, I didn't vote for this crap.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Aug 03, 2004, 10:34:05 AM »
Napa can get Berrymans but asy CSK store should have it on the shelf. (CSK is checker schucks kragen)  It sou8nds like its your cold start injector going goofy.  Un plug it for the next time its going to sit long enough to fully cool and Ill bet it'll run way better.
Full hydro, 186:1 with an auto and 44's what could go wrong??

YotaYota [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Dec '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Aug 05, 2004, 06:23:26 AM »
Last night on the way home from work, it started acting up REALLY BAD, it would idle smoothe but it spat and sputterd through the entire rev range(I swear this thing has a mind of its own), so when i got home, pulled the plenum and pulled the injectors, as im posting the are in a bath of FI cleaner, pulled a cupla big hunks of crap out of em, yes i got a new fuel filter. Also popping on a differnt TPS and AFM , hopfully this will do the trick, if not im moving on to the ignition.

-Anthony

YotaYota [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Dec '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Aug 05, 2004, 07:24:00 PM »
Hahaa !!!!! I got it. so when I was putting my intake back together for the second time (didnt use new injector o-rings the first time) I was runnin the wire to the ignition mod, i ran my hand across the plug wires, they were burnt and cracked on the bottom, the wires were the last thing i epected cuz they were only 2 mons. old. so now that I have new wires, cap, rotor, fuel filter, and clean injectors, it runs a hell of a lot better. Thanxs guys !!

-Anthony