Author Topic: Get Better Glen Thread! (some skin shown)  (Read 954361 times)

BUBBA

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 16
  • Male Posts: 1,138
  • Member since Mar '05
  • this sucks
    • View Profile
Re: Get Better Glen Thread! (some skin shown)
« Reply #2070 on: Apr 26, 2007, 10:30:17 PM »
 :outtahere: I have no idea what your talking about
87 4runner 350 with custom dent package. 
My budget beater

79coyotefrg

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #2071 on: May 04, 2007, 07:34:34 PM »
well a few days ago  i  was  working on my truck,  i  went  to lift  my  rollbar  into thetruck  when i fealt  my incision  tear  or something,   i  couldnt see the problem  :moon:   so  didnt think too much of it,  next morning it was swollen  where  they had  done  the surgery last  month  i about paniced,   went to the doc  thursday   it  was almost unbearable,  she  said  i had "herniated  the  incision"  and a  "hemotoma"  had  developed

now i dont know what that all means  but  it hurt like hell,  she  gave me  more antibiuotics  that im taking  religiously,  well came home  and about  11 last night   i   had  to go :toilet:   as i sat down it ruptured  and spilled  about a cup of blood  and  puss  looking stuff  onto  and into the toilet  :yikes:     

i  cleaned it  as  good as i could  with the  knowledge  of that sort of stuff i have  and went to bed,   after  getting in bed  i started feeling :sick:  but  never got sick  but  i fealt  flushed  and weak

i called the doctor this morning and they said  if  anything  seemed to get worse   to  come to the ER

so far  everything is good,  all the infection seemed  to have drained out  last night,   and this morning    the  "site"  isnt  sore  now  so hopefully  this  is a good thing

:thud:
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

unclejpl4x4

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 348
  • Male Posts: 3,522
  • Member since Apr '05
  • Broke & rusted
    • View Profile
    • myspace
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #2072 on: May 04, 2007, 10:04:11 PM »
wwwwwwwwwwwww
 grems
build thread http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=39214.0
CB install http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=45467.0
roundeyes http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=33294.0;highlight=round+eyes
LC exhaust head 2 tip, EB RVstreethead O/S valves,EB  268c/torker cam , .20 over , metal t-chain wear pads
MARLIN clutch 1200, master clutch cly

Oddmar

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 74
  • Male Posts: 402
  • Member since Aug '04
  • J3 Productions
    • View Profile
« Reply #2073 on: May 04, 2007, 11:52:07 PM »
i called the doctor this morning and they said  if  anything  seemed to get worse   to  come to the ER

They would have told you to come in right away, but they're so tired of seeing your ugly :moon: they're just hoping you'll die. Not me though...if you kick off, who'll bring me parts?

The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Only when i am finished will there be peace: The peace of an empty wind as it blows across a land strewn with the bones of my enemies.

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #2074 on: May 05, 2007, 12:05:19 AM »
 :reg:  Oooooooooooooohhhhhhh, that's tmi glen!  That sucks bad, hopefully it heals well and all.  That's the sucky thing about being laid up, you get bored and feel like you hafta accomplish something when you first start feeling decent, then something like this happens.  Good luck with the healing :crossed:
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

germ

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 349
  • Male Posts: 733
  • Member since Dec '04
  • Work sucks, I'm goin' wheelin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2075 on: May 05, 2007, 10:03:05 AM »
went to the doc  thursday   it  was almost unbearable,  she  said  i had "herniated  the  incision"  and a  "hemotoma"  had  developed

now i dont know what that all means  but  it hurt like hell,  she  gave me  more antibiuotics  that im taking  religiously,  well came home  and about  11 last night   i   had  to go    as i sat down it ruptured  and spilled  about a cup of blood  and  puss  looking stuff  onto  and into the toilet       

i  cleaned it  as  good as i could  with the  knowledge  of that sort of stuff i have  and went to bed,   after  getting in bed  i started feeling   but  never got sick  but  i fealt  flushed  and weak

What she means is that the incision has opened from the inside (herniated the incision), and now there is a collection of blood under the skin (hematoma). Basically, this means that the scar tissue was not strong enough yet, and separated (probably when you strained to lift the rollbar). What happened when you got home was a spontaneous drainage due to pressure build up (You popped a gasket). Since you saw what looked like puss, suggests there is an infection still brewing in there, so putting you back on antibiotics was a good call. Having an infection in the tissue can delay healing and developing tensile strength of the tissue. If your still feeling  :sick:, or if you're weak/tired, you may want to get into the ER, just so they can make sure you're not still bleeding or septic.

Being this far out from your surgery date, they will not close it back up, but will allow it to heal from the inside. (called secondary intention closure), which can be a long and tedious process. It is very important that you keep it clean, and change the dressing frequently.

Hope all goes well, let me know if you need anything.

Erik  :beerchug:
* Regardless of what happens, someone will find a way to take it too seriously.
* 2% rule: Must be 2% smarter than what your working on.
* If you make something even a fool can use, only a fool will use it.
* I've been crapping in the woods longer than lil'buddy has been alive!

79coyotefrg

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #2076 on: May 05, 2007, 11:01:49 AM »
Thanks Eric,   they never closed it  after the surgery,  the 4 days  i spent in the hospital they changed  the packing twice a day,  1st time  it was almost 2 feet long  or  that  packing  "ribbon"   they use,    then  they sent a nurse  to the house  for another week till the packing  wouldnt stay

HOWEVER,  when in the hospital  it HURT LIKE HELL MAN,  when they  repacked it,  i screamed  and  tried  to eat the mattress  every time they did it,  but when  they nurse came to the house  she didnt  try  to shove the  qtip packing tool  :ack:  all the way to my nose   so i didnt scream  ,  well,  not as loud anyway 
which  was a blessing  or so i thought,  maybe  because  i screamed  she didnt pack it good enough :dunno:

OH  and guess what  i passed  PART  of a kidney stone last night  :wall:   and yes  it HURTS LIKE HELL MAN  :rivers:

left  kidney ,  left flank,  left nut  :rivers:  GERM  MAKE IT STOP
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

unclejpl4x4

• Member since Apr '05
  • Broke & rusted
    • View Profile
    • myspace
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #2077 on: May 05, 2007, 11:19:10 AM »
:down:   we need 2 get u a amry of hot nurses     and a few rednecks 2 fix youe truck
roundeyes http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=33294.0;highlight=round+eyes
LC exhaust head 2 tip, EB RVstreethead O/S valves,EB  268c/torker cam , .20 over , metal t-chain wear pads

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #2078 on: May 05, 2007, 11:20:07 AM »
 :yikes:  You are a WRECK man!!! Geez, be careful out there. :therethere:
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

germ

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 349
  • Male Posts: 733
  • Member since Dec '04
  • Work sucks, I'm goin' wheelin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2079 on: May 05, 2007, 01:19:00 PM »
It's been suggested that BEER is good for kidney stones (not really, but it sounds good in theory), 'cause your hydrating yourself, inhibiting ADH (Anti-diuretic hormone), and the alcohol helps with pain control.

Best I can do from 2000 miles away. Hope you feel better. I'll try to get you a hottie nurse to help out a bit...

Erik :beerchug:
* Regardless of what happens, someone will find a way to take it too seriously.
* 2% rule: Must be 2% smarter than what your working on.
* If you make something even a fool can use, only a fool will use it.
* I've been crapping in the woods longer than lil'buddy has been alive!

unclejpl4x4

• Member since Apr '05
  • Broke & rusted
    • View Profile
    • myspace
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #2080 on: May 05, 2007, 01:26:24 PM »
maybe theres a massage technique 2 get them out 

79coyotefrg

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #2081 on: May 05, 2007, 02:12:05 PM »
:jawdrop:

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #2082 on: May 05, 2007, 03:51:37 PM »

She looks like she wants to get to em from the wrong end! :yikes:
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 1346
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2083 on: May 08, 2007, 01:28:19 PM »
Damn it Glenn take it easy bud!  At this rate you better make sure you got your burial plot picked out!  Kick back drink some beers (not while on antibiotics) and enjoy the simpler things for a while! 

When I was 17 I had appendicitis that was the worst case the Dr had ever seen.  He was amazed I even walked in upright on my own!  My appendix had ruptured on Friday, went to the ER on Sunday they sent me home with what they said was stomach cramps!  (they failed to look at my white blood count)  And on Tuesday, dad took me in and demanded that I get looked at right now!  Well, my appendix was lower than normal, and they did exploratory surgery (I was cut from the belly button down to almost !!) to just see what was wrong, and as soon as they cut me open they new!  I was full of puss, and they said within 8 hours, my body would have started to shut down!  I lost 50#'s in less than a week!  And it took me 3 months to get to where I could walk across the street to check the mail without having to stop for 5 minutes to catch my breath!  It took me a year to get to where I was health wise before I got sick.  I had a nice drain tube for about 2 weeks hanging out of my belly!  And the incision still bothers me to this day!  I have to wear my belt buckle to the side because of it! 

So take it easy, we like you!  If you need anything heavy moved call someone, because your not gonna get better overnight!  It's gonna take some time to get back to where you want to be physically!
Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

Tice

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 8
  • Male Posts: 881
  • Member since Feb '05
  • I named my son Wheeler!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2084 on: May 08, 2007, 02:15:29 PM »
Damn it Glenn take it easy bud!  At this rate you better make sure you got your burial plot picked out!  Kick back drink some beers (not while on antibiotics) and enjoy the simpler things for a while! 

When I was 17 I had appendicitis that was the worst case the Dr had ever seen.  He was amazed I even walked in upright on my own!  My appendix had ruptured on Friday, went to the ER on Sunday they sent me home with what they said was stomach cramps!  (they failed to look at my white blood count)  And on Tuesday, dad took me in and demanded that I get looked at right now!  Well, my appendix was lower than normal, and they did exploratory surgery (I was cut from the belly button down to almost !!) to just see what was wrong, and as soon as they cut me open they new!  I was full of puss, and they said within 8 hours, my body would have started to shut down!  I lost 50#'s in less than a week!  And it took me 3 months to get to where I could walk across the street to check the mail without having to stop for 5 minutes to catch my breath!  It took me a year to get to where I was health wise before I got sick.  I had a nice drain tube for about 2 weeks hanging out of my belly!  And the incision still bothers me to this day!  I have to wear my belt buckle to the side because of it! 

So take it easy, we like you!  If you need anything heavy moved call someone, because your not gonna get better overnight!  It's gonna take some time to get back to where you want to be physically!

The EXACT same thing happened to me while I was in the Army. Dr. said if I had waited one more day I'd would have died!!! :yikes:  They only used two stitches fo a 9 inch incision!!!

So take it easy Glen. :beerchug:
I don't need a winch, I wheel a TOYOTA!!!!!!!

www.wheelingarizona.com

79coyotefrg

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #2085 on: May 08, 2007, 02:27:14 PM »
thanks Cheesemaker,  yea  i had  the ruptured colon in 1997,  so i know exactly how you fealt,  it  was 24 hours  befor i got  to the ER  in Littlerock, when i walked into the ER  the  head nurse looked up at me from her desk said "OH :pokinit:" and took off in a run to the back,
  another 24 hours  "testing"  when  they started  prepping me  for  a colonoscopy,  (camera up the :moon: )
then  the  "golightly" crap i had to drink  flushed  all my  :pokinit:  into my stomach cavity,   even though  i had been given more  morphine  than "was legal to give"   i was screaming in pain,  they sent me to emergency surgery,    they  cut me from my breastbone  to Mr Winkie :yikes:  and  had to remove all my  intestines  and clean them,  then put them back in,

that was  the 1st of 3  major stomach surgeries, the second was to remove the poo bag  from my side,  the 3rd was 2 years later when i was working  and  tried to catch  a 70 pound steel  concrete shute  and ripped  the insicion open,  that  was the 3rd

a couple years later  i met all my friends here :love:

i need to find  the picture my mom took of my belly  a month after the surgery,  they sent me home on a friday afternoon  and the tornado  that leveled half  of Arkadelphia  hit  that saturday morning

oh  and this just in,  my kidney hasnt hurt  since  saturday  so  the prayers  definitely help

but  my :moon:  is  sore again,  :down:   i  cant help it i had to get outside  :down:

i mowed the yard (about 3 acres) yesterday and this morning it was swollen again :rivers:

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 1346
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2086 on: May 09, 2007, 01:56:39 PM »
I know what you mean Glenn, I hate sitting around doing nothing!  I had my wisdom teeth pulled and two hours later I was push mowing my lawn, while spitting blood!  When I get sick after two days I've got cabin fever, bad!! 

But just be careful and let things heal, I wish I lived closer and could help ya out!
Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

79coyotefrg

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #2087 on: May 09, 2007, 02:03:55 PM »
I know what you mean Glenn, I hate sitting around doing nothing!  I had my wisdom teeth pulled and two hours later I was push mowing my lawn, while spitting blood!  When I get sick after two days I've got cabin fever, bad!! 

But just be careful and let things heal, I wish I lived closer and could help ya out!
thanks, what i really need is a hot nurse  to  keep things  um  massaged  :disturbed:

:psss:   i do  like cheese  :cheese:

79coyotefrg

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #2088 on: May 10, 2007, 12:49:50 PM »
well its a sad  thing  for a  guy have to find his own  get better  pics  :down:

topar

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Male Posts: 1,909
  • Member since Aug '06
  • One Toyota + One Mopar = Topar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2089 on: May 10, 2007, 03:40:51 PM »
Is that the new nurses uniforms where you live?  If so I am moving.  Don't tell my wife  :shhh:

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #2090 on: May 10, 2007, 03:59:35 PM »
Is that the new nurses uniforms where you live?  If so I am moving.  Don't tell my wife  :shhh:

:rofl:

Call it hunch, but I think Arkansas nurses would looke quite that hot in their new uniforms :yikes:

:aaa:

Where is the Mammoth?

unclejpl4x4

• Member since Apr '05
  • Broke & rusted
    • View Profile
    • myspace
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #2091 on: May 10, 2007, 04:01:18 PM »
ya no one wants 2 see a smile with missing green teeth

79coyotefrg

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #2092 on: May 10, 2007, 04:16:35 PM »
:gap:  you mean TOOTH

topar

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Male Posts: 1,909
  • Member since Aug '06
  • One Toyota + One Mopar = Topar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2093 on: May 10, 2007, 04:40:08 PM »
Arkansas home of Slick Willey  :tease:

Not A Toy

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -1
  • Male Posts: 322
  • Member since Mar '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #2094 on: May 10, 2007, 05:51:56 PM »
well its a sad  thing  for a  guy have to find his own  get better  pics  :down:

I agree this thread has really lost its gusto. shame shame marlin crawlers!
_[O!!!!!O]_

People often ask how they stack crap so tall....

79coyotefrg

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #2095 on: May 15, 2007, 03:12:13 PM »
 :attention:  this just in  :woohoo:

:psss:  from FFC's Mom  even  :smooch:

crawlerdan

• Turtle Points: 1319
  • Male Posts: 4,770
  • Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #2096 on: May 15, 2007, 03:33:40 PM »
:attention:  this just in  :woohoo:

:psss:  from FFC's Mom  even  :smooch:
wow...one of my favs

BUDDERS

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 15
  • Male Posts: 1,335
  • Member since Jul '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2097 on: May 15, 2007, 11:14:22 PM »
Dang, what did I miss?  Tell me that's FFC's mom!  :drool:
"A friend will help you move.  A real friend will help you move a body."

"They call it PMS because Mad Cow Disease was already taken"

"Hopefully, if I crap in a gopher hole, one doesn't try and nibble at my taint"  - my freind Fat Tony

"I once read somewhere that drinking causes violence, so I quit reading"

Tallchevy

• Turtle Points: 236
  • Male Posts: 3,562
  • Member since Dec '06
  • Where were going we don't need roads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2098 on: May 16, 2007, 01:08:25 AM »
Lets keep the over 18 at least. She doesn't look a day over 12  :slap:
:angry: My child is an honor student at Anton Levay's School of Satanic Arts :angry:

87 4Runner redo
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=41959.0
87 Toyota 4Runner, SAS Rig Gallery
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=29877.msg3

motorider228

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 433
  • Male Posts: 460
  • Member since Apr '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2099 on: May 16, 2007, 02:49:17 AM »
She looks over 18 to me, just not attractive lol.