Author Topic: HELP ME PLAN OUT MY VACATION!  (Read 6568 times)

yotaneck13

• Mr. Right NOW
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: -52
  • Male Posts: 2,300
  • Member since Nov '09
  • MR. RIGHT NOW
    • View Profile
    • Right Now Racing and Fabrication
HELP ME PLAN OUT MY VACATION!
« on: Apr 18, 2011, 09:09:10 PM »
my gf and i are planning a trip to cali for the weekend of MAY 20th i need a little help deciding where to stay and things to do

a trip TO MARLIN CRAWLER is on the top of the list for sure so has to be somewhere close to there but would like to stay on the beach Hotel needs to be a marriot with airport and avis or entiprise near by as this is a rewards points trip totaly free leaving us more money...Well ME more money to give to marlin lol so

1. where should we fly into
2. what city should we stay in on the coast with still being able to drive to marlin (not an all day drive as Well only be there friday sat and sun)
3. what should we do or see
4. anything else we should kno

Would be really awsome to hook up with someone on here that might be goin wheelin that weekend also to see what its like in cali :thumbs:
RNR FABRICATION ON THE EAST COAST!!! rightnowracingfabrication@gmail.com (814)-516-5176 like us on facebook www.facebook.com/rnrfab
R.I.P Derek James Black 1995-2010 I miss you BUD! :sad2: 81 4wd wheelable 20r ifs rear welded on 33's goes amazing
"THE GENERAL" My build-on the backburner http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=63519.0

I make more money that you, my wife is hotter than yours, my thingy is bigger than yours

yotaneck13 [OP]

• Mr. Right NOW
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Nov '09
  • MR. RIGHT NOW
    • View Profile
Re: HELP ME PLAN OUT MY VACATION!
« Reply #1 on: Apr 18, 2011, 09:10:59 PM »
i would be willing to trade a few hours of work on your rig or something to take us for a few hours of wheelin im a ASE cirtified technician and pretty good at weld/ fab work not cirtified yet but in the process
RNR FABRICATION ON THE EAST COAST!!! rightnowracingfabrication@gmail.com (814)-516-5176 like us on facebook www.facebook.com/rnrfab
R.I.P Derek James Black 1995-2010 I miss you BUD! :sad2: 81 4wd wheelable 20r ifs rear welded on 33's goes amazing
"THE GENERAL" My build-on the backburner http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=63519.0

I make more money that you, my wife is hotter than yours, my thingy is bigger than yours

Peterbuilt84

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 12
  • Male Posts: 1,049
  • Member since Sep '09
    • View Profile
    • Poly Goats
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #2 on: Apr 18, 2011, 09:28:40 PM »
I live on the coast almost due west of Fresno and it's a 2 1/2 hour drive to get there. So if you want to go to Fresno and stay on the coast it's probably going to take up most of your day driving there and back.

yotaneck13 [OP]

• Mr. Right NOW
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Nov '09
  • MR. RIGHT NOW
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Apr 18, 2011, 09:41:19 PM »
:down: o well 2 1/2 hours aint  too bad thats dooable just dont wann abe driving like 4 or 5 hours one way

91 ex-cab

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: -171
  • Male Posts: 1,660
  • Member since Mar '10
  • Honey Badger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Apr 18, 2011, 10:01:29 PM »
I would love to take you wheeling but unfortunately my rig probably won't be done and i'm not to close to fresno. I am only 45 min away from Fordyce though 8) . You live clear acrost the states from Ca and you're gonna see marlin's shop before me haha.

yotaneck13 [OP]

• Mr. Right NOW
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Nov '09
  • MR. RIGHT NOW
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Apr 18, 2011, 10:12:47 PM »
I would love to take you wheeling but unfortunately my rig probably won't be done and i'm not to close to fresno. I am only 45 min away from Fordyce though 8) . You live clear acrost the states from Ca and you're gonna see marlin's shop before me haha.

well until today i didnt think i would ever make it but the 20th is our 2 year anaversery and we just had a baby boy she mentioned going away for the weekend...i rembered my dad had plane tickets to use up and hotel and rental car points so i ask him and he said get time and place ill get the tickets so all we gotta have is food and spend money im so PUMPED :wiggle:  i hope they have something sweet for their weekly sale lol

Peterbuilt84

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Sep '09
    • View Profile
    • Poly Goats
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #6 on: Apr 18, 2011, 10:23:12 PM »
:down: o well 2 1/2 hours aint  too bad thats dooable just dont wann abe driving like 4 or 5 hours one way

Yeah it kinda sucks. I would just really look into what you want to do and go from there. Monterey is a nice area to stay, but really has no wheeling except for Hollister. That is if you want to stay near the coast. You can always stay in the Bay Area, but the drive to MC would be a little longer.

yotaneck13 [OP]

• Mr. Right NOW
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Nov '09
  • MR. RIGHT NOW
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Apr 18, 2011, 10:27:01 PM »
what about Santa cruze?

brainlessfool

• It's not my problem if you can't hear the voices too.
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2730
  • Male Posts: 4,207
  • Member since Jun '02
  • drive fast or the devil may get ya
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a cigar
« Reply #8 on: Apr 18, 2011, 10:29:19 PM »
I'd fly into Fresno if ya can. not likly butt never know. or sac. Montry Aq. is a must see.bit out the way, butt way cool if ya like the ocean.

anit going na help ya no more cuz ya stole my champ on lobster diver!  :laugh: :hahaha:
A good day working, that's just sick :reg:

Peterbuilt84

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Sep '09
    • View Profile
    • Poly Goats
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #9 on: Apr 18, 2011, 10:36:40 PM »
what about Santa cruze?

Santa Cruz is cool too. Not sure if it has all the amenities you're looking for though. Either place would probably be a good choice. I would say Monterey is more geared toward vacationers/ tourists though.

Like brainlessfool said, if you do end up staying in the area the Aquarium is a cool place to check out if you like sealife.

yotaneck13 [OP]

• Mr. Right NOW
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Nov '09
  • MR. RIGHT NOW
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Apr 18, 2011, 10:46:28 PM »
anit going na help ya no more cuz ya stole my champ on lobster diver!  :laugh: :hahaha:

i sure did but its squid hunter :slap: and its the only game on here i could do good at... even if it did take me 3 straight hours to beat your score

46&2

• Hillbilly
  • Turtle Points: 8
  • Male Posts: 4,834
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Apr 19, 2011, 12:01:31 AM »
Just a thought - what are you buying at Marlin? Just thinking about the plane/cargo deal, I've seen enough lost packages in my time flying for work that I wouldn't want to risk bringing anything on a plane I didn't need to. Might buy it all there and have it shipped back home instead?

If you wanted to do a nice trip that the girlfriend would really dig and still be able to squeeze in Marlin without wasting too much time driving, you could fly into San Jose and drive to Marlin on the first day. 2 minute 45 drive from SJ to Fresno approximately. There isn't much else to do in Fresno so once you wrap up at Marlin, you could drive to Monterey and watch the sunset or hit up the Warf and stay there the next couple days until you have to go back to SJ to fly home. Its about 2 hours 45 minutes from Fresno to Monterey, and only about an hour from Monterey to San Jose. While in Monterey, the Bay Aquarium is absolutely AMAZING and you can easily (and ideally) spend an entire day there. The rest of your time could be spent at the beach or just hanging out around Monterey. Its a great west coast beach town and like I said the Aquarium is one of the best in the world. For such a short trip, aside from the Marlin stop there isn't a whole lot of wheeling type stuff you could actually work in. I think you guys would have a great time in Monterey, I took my girlfriend there last year for her first time and she loved it. There is also a Marriot in Monterey so you are good there.
85 4Runner Build  /  Cool Foreign Toyotas  /  Toyota: We Want Diesel FB Page    Rockcrawlintoy – i guess moms will put the pups up on the beach when they go fisting

superyota

• Prestige Worldwide
  • Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 71
  • Male Posts: 3,362
  • Member since Oct '05
  • what happened?
    • View Profile
    • Placer County Crawlers
« Reply #12 on: Apr 19, 2011, 08:36:06 AM »
I would go to Shell Beach.  You can get a nice hotel, not too pricey, and be out of hectic Pismo, but just close enough check it out during the day.  Your about 2 to 2.5 hours to fresno.  You can take a cruise down the beach, go whale watching, deep see fishing, go to san luis obispo and check out downtown, go surfing in pismo, shell beach, or morro bay, see the elephant seals, ...  and a lot more things to do.  I grew up in arroyo grande, about 5 miles south of Shell Beach.  It's a great, lade back area.  Lots of things to do, and the crowds aren't to bad, unless its a holiday and you get all the trouble makers coming into town.  Nice hotels are Sea Cliff, Sea crest, Sycamore in Avila Beach, and a lot of others.  If you need any help with anything, let me know.  I might even be there that weekend.  don't know yet.
ABD Motorsports

If you can't convince them, confuse them.
Placer County Crawlers - President 2011-2016
www.placercountycrawlers.com

Rubicon Trail Foundation - Property Committee member
Friends of Fordyce - Board Member
KK6QDW

yotaneck13 [OP]

• Mr. Right NOW
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Nov '09
  • MR. RIGHT NOW
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Apr 19, 2011, 09:03:29 AM »
thanks for all the help guys yea if i buy anything big my buddys bronco is still there somewhere waiting to be trailered back home from the hammers in june so ill just toss it in the back seat or mail it home :thumbs: monterey is soundin like the place to stay well be flying out thursday night then friday well hit up marlin and spend a cupple days touring the west cost for sure wanna try surfing never tried it before the marriot in manterey just fits perfect it doesnt happen to be a beach front hotel does it?

Peterbuilt84

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Sep '09
    • View Profile
    • Poly Goats
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #14 on: Apr 19, 2011, 10:08:49 AM »
the marriot in manterey just fits perfect it doesnt happen to be a beach front hotel does it?

Close, 5-10 min walk.

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 1363
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Apr 19, 2011, 10:34:11 AM »
Why don't you fly into Fresno and rent a car there.  And Marlin is just down the street from the airport.  And the fly out of wherever is closer to where your staying. 
Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

87hillbillyoter

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: -43
  • Male Posts: 1,066
  • Member since Mar '10
  • git er duuunnn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Apr 19, 2011, 10:40:54 AM »
tahoe seems to be a place everyone wants to come to, although i cant see why haha its all old to me. but there will be nice spring skiing if your into that kinda stuff
:usa:
1987 SAS'ed toyota 4x4 pickup 22re swap
build up- http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=75111.0
:usa:

yotaneck13 [OP]

• Mr. Right NOW
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Nov '09
  • MR. RIGHT NOW
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Apr 19, 2011, 12:52:48 PM »
Why don't you fly into Fresno and rent a car there.  And Marlin is just down the street from the airport.  And the fly out of wherever is closer to where your staying. 

that would work too we could always fly bck out of fresno as well

brainlessfool

• Member since Jun '02
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a cigar
« Reply #18 on: Apr 19, 2011, 06:43:10 PM »
monterey is soundin like the place to stay well be flying out thursday night then friday well hit up marlin and spend a cupple days touring the west cost for sure wanna try surfing never tried it before

surfing? better rent a wet suit. Maverics is neer by, could try your luck there.    NOT! plp die there.
just hit up the aquarium, way cool. and don't need a wet suit and no one will die.

Sparkplug

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: -130
  • Male Posts: 2,046
  • Member since Jan '08
  • Doin it Standing Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Apr 19, 2011, 06:49:21 PM »
The dennis the menace park is sooooooooo bad ass, dont care how old ya are

edit; i dunno if thats what its called, but its by monterey and its a bad ass park
« Last Edit: Apr 19, 2011, 06:56:10 PM by Sparkplug »
2008 TRD 4x4 Double Cab Tacoma
1994 12 valve 5 speed 4x4 single cab dodge 2500
1986 22re 5speed 3link 4runner (the beater)
1982 3rz swapped pickup (in progress)

Shamb

• Raisin in the making..
  • Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 133
  • Male Posts: 3,414
  • Member since Oct '04
  • Proud Parent
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Apr 19, 2011, 07:03:18 PM »
yea i'd check out Santa Cruz, beach boardwalk.... maybe go to Newport beach?

ton's of stuff to do... go the monterey bay aquarium.

R.I.P to my Papa, I miss you pops......

Knowledge is power  www.pirate4x4.com/forum

New Buildup in process 85' 4runner "Bad Decisions"
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=52566.0

Check out my 1-ton build up thread
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=22600.0

bigarms23

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 111
  • Male Posts: 2,896
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Apr 19, 2011, 07:48:36 PM »
go to Santa Cruz boardwalk than head to half moon bay and check out camersons pub and hit a beach along the way
88 4runner 92 cpi duals 37 radial rockers and 4.8 coming soon

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Apr 19, 2011, 08:07:01 PM »
The dennis the menace park is sooooooooo bad ass, dont care how old ya are

edit; i dunno if thats what its called, but its by monterey and its a bad ass park

Now, you've piqued my interest. I've got to find out more...

EDIT
L I B...that's what it's called! http://www.monterey.org/rec/denmenace06.pdf
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

yotaneck13 [OP]

• Mr. Right NOW
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Nov '09
  • MR. RIGHT NOW
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Apr 19, 2011, 08:22:09 PM »
ok so this acquarium in montery def sounds awsome so its on the list for sure i think were gonna fly into fresno go to marlin friday morning check it out hopefully get a grand tour or something(do they even do that?) then head to monteray and spent the weekend there checking the scene and beaches out hopefully find someone goin wheelin somewhere

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 1363
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Apr 19, 2011, 08:47:33 PM »
You'll get the 5 minute grand tour.  Their shop is so small.  There is one room that I want to see, but only Marlin is allowed in there.  I got close to the door once.  Before the Marlin guards escorted me out.   :rofl2:
What I really want to see is the yard out back.  Do a google search of their place.  The back lot is nothing but parts.  Heck, Mike got his truck from the back lot. 
Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

yotaneck13 [OP]

• Mr. Right NOW
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Nov '09
  • MR. RIGHT NOW
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Apr 19, 2011, 09:06:56 PM »
lol thats gay is that even worth going the hole way acroos the country for i figured it would be more than that i spend enought money at that place lol

brainlessfool

• Member since Jun '02
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a cigar
« Reply #26 on: Apr 19, 2011, 10:06:19 PM »
i figured it would be more than that i spend enought money at that place lol

nope, tiny.

yotaneck13 [OP]

• Mr. Right NOW
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Nov '09
  • MR. RIGHT NOW
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: Apr 19, 2011, 10:09:11 PM »
dang

46&2

• Hillbilly
  • Turtle Points: 8
  • Male Posts: 4,834
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Apr 19, 2011, 11:27:21 PM »
Dozens of rooms like this. Well worth it.

Last photo was taken when they had a Great White. It started killing everything, so they got rid of it. Still, aside from extreme scuba diving - most people will never experience anything close to what you will see at Monterey Bay Aquarium.
85 4Runner Build  /  Cool Foreign Toyotas  /  Toyota: We Want Diesel FB Page    Rockcrawlintoy – i guess moms will put the pups up on the beach when they go fisting

yotaneck13 [OP]

• Mr. Right NOW
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Nov '09
  • MR. RIGHT NOW
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Apr 20, 2011, 06:06:38 AM »
46&2 are you from monteray or around the area?