Author Topic: MSNBC Poll on Arizona Law  (Read 18580 times)

79coyotefrg

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

Tofudude

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -31
  • Member since Jun '10
    • View Profile
Re: MSNBC Poll on Arizona Law
« Reply #61 on: Jul 19, 2010, 11:25:02 AM »
Coming from family that got here illegaly...we support the law. Back in the day it was cool when people just wanted to come and earn his living off the sweat of his brow. Now, including in some parts of my family which is still illegal, they take advantage of the american system.

Toymin8r

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 50
  • Male Posts: 929
  • Member since Dec '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: Jul 19, 2010, 02:18:05 PM »
Well folks, here are the numbers The following information IS compiled from Federal Bureau of Investigation and Department of Homeland Security reports:

* 83% of warrants for murder in Phoenix are for illegal aliens.

* 86% of warrants for murder in Albuquerque are for illegal aliens.

* 75% of those on the most wanted list in Los Angeles , Phoenix and Albuquerque are illegal aliens.

* 24.9% of all inmates in California detention centers are Mexican nationals

* 40.1% of all inmates in Arizona detention centers are Mexican nationals

* 48.2% of all inmates in New Mexico detention centers are Mexican nationals

* 29% (630,000) convicted illegal alien felons fill our state and Federal prisons at a cost of $1.6 billion annually

* 53% plus of all investigated burglaries reported in California, New Mexico, Nevada, Arizona and Texas are perpetrated by illegal aliens.

* 50% plus of all gang members in Los Angeles are illegal aliens

* 71% plus of all apprehended cars stolen in 2005 in Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada and California were stolen by Illegal aliens or "transport coyotes".

* 47% of cited/stopped drivers in California have no license, no insurance and no registration for the vehicle. Of that 47%, 92% are illegal aliens.

* 63% of cited/stopped drivers in Arizona have no license, no insurance and no registration for the vehicle. Of that 63%, 97% are illegal aliens

* 66% of cited/stopped drivers in New Mexico have no license, no insurance and no registration for the vehicle. Of that 66% 98% are illegal aliens.

* 380,000 plus "anchor babies" were born in the US to illegal alien parents in just one year, making 380,000 babies automatically US citizens (which is UN-Constitutional; illegal).

* 97.2% of all costs incurred from those illegal births were paid by the American taxpayers. That is almost ALL of them !

And remember YOU are supporting ALL of these illegals no matter where they are now. Every time another illegal runs the border breaking our laws, your pocket just gets lighter and robbed more.

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson     
YOU ONLY NEED TWO TOOLS IN LIFE - WD-40 AND DUCT TAPE. IF IT DOESN'T MOVE
AND SHOULD, USE THE WD-40. IF IT SHOULDN'T MOVE AND DOES, USE THE DUCT TAPE.

IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU HAVE AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.

BeccaLoo24 – i can toss grown men.... so dont doubt me

BigMike

• Administrator
  • Turtle Points: 2124
  • Male Posts: 18,291
  • Member since Apr '02
  • 511:1 Club
    • View Profile
    • Bone-Stock Plane-Jane 1981 Shortbed Pickup
« Reply #63 on: Jul 20, 2010, 09:35:36 AM »
WOW
Check out our new Rock Crawling Videos!
2016 56-speed 580:1 Tacoma Rock Crawler   
1981 36-speed 511:1 3RZ-FE Rock Crawler
1987 6-speed Supercharged 4A-GZE MR2
Instagram: @SlowestTacoma
Things are only impossible until they are not.
"The worst of both worlds, the best of neither." -abnormaltoy
"An informed question. But difficult to answer. I am what you see." -Nanaki

Toymin8r

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 50
  • Male Posts: 929
  • Member since Dec '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: Jul 20, 2010, 10:22:30 AM »
* 47% of cited/stopped drivers in California have no license, no insurance and no registration for the vehicle. Of that 47%, 92% are illegal aliens.

Take note of this stat you Cali guys that have to pass all those strict emissions tests.  This means these vehicles never get tested, and it is likely since most californian cities are "sanctuary" cities for illegals they don't get punished for it either. 
YOU ONLY NEED TWO TOOLS IN LIFE - WD-40 AND DUCT TAPE. IF IT DOESN'T MOVE
AND SHOULD, USE THE WD-40. IF IT SHOULDN'T MOVE AND DOES, USE THE DUCT TAPE.

IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU HAVE AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.

BeccaLoo24 – i can toss grown men.... so dont doubt me

Stocker [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 962
  • Male Posts: 173
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Since 1977
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: Jul 20, 2010, 02:27:43 PM »
Nasty set of statistics... do you have a link to the source?
My goal in life is to be as a good a person as my dog already thinks I am.

If you don't learn something every day, you're not paying attention.

Mega Baby Huey

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 36
  • Male Posts: 432
  • Member since Jan '07
  • Do It!
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a soda
« Reply #66 on: Jul 20, 2010, 02:40:57 PM »
wow... that's amazing... i had no idea it was that costly!!!!!!!
The Art of Flying is Actually Quite Simple! You Just Have to Throw Yourself at the Ground and Miss!!!                                   All This Global Warming is Wearing Out My Snow Shovel!!!                        Paved Roads: Just Another Example of Useless Government Spending!                                          Toyota. Moving forward... even if you don't want to...
My Old Toy

BigMike

• Administrator
  • Member since Apr '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: Jul 20, 2010, 02:51:06 PM »
Nasty set of statistics... do you have a link to the source?

X2

79coyotefrg

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: Jul 20, 2010, 03:30:25 PM »
Well folks, here are the numbers The following information IS compiled from Federal Bureau of Investigation and Department of Homeland Security reports:

* 83% of warrants for murder in Phoenix are for illegal aliens...

..."The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson     

AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

BigMike

• Administrator
  • Member since Apr '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: Jul 20, 2010, 04:18:10 PM »
Linky

Stocker [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 962
  • Male Posts: 173
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Since 1977
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: Jul 20, 2010, 04:40:22 PM »
Yeah Glen, I was able to read what he typed :yesnod: but before I consider posting that info on any other boards, I want a source to reference it to. Sorta helps legitimatize it, ya know. Not questioning Toymin8r's info but anyone can post anything....
My goal in life is to be as a good a person as my dog already thinks I am.

If you don't learn something every day, you're not paying attention.

79coyotefrg

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: Jul 21, 2010, 09:15:23 PM »
good point

Plekto

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 27
  • Male Posts: 863
  • Member since Aug '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: Jul 22, 2010, 12:16:25 PM »
Oh, it gets worse here in California. 

Consider that 20% or so of the state is now illegals or their underage* children.  Now, why does that matter?  Because since the children are U.S. citizens, they have to follow the same rules as normal kids and *can't work* or contribute to the society until they are 15.  They can't work full-time until 18.

*By "underage" I mean "under the age where they can work", though it hardly makes any difference as few kids actually work under the age of 18 anyways.  I personally don't know of more than a dozen or so, usually working at MCds and the like.

That's a 20% dead-weight to the state - money for services and everything else goes in and not a dime in tax money comes back out.  You wonder why the state is broke?  This is about half of it.  Yes, the other half is the government here being idiots is also important, of course.  But 20% is an enormous number of people to literally have the "deal with".

Oh - concerning the law?  California has had laws exactly like Arizona for way more than a decade and nobody here even bothers to complain about it.  It's a pretty no-brainer, really.  If the police ask you for identification no matter what the reason, you better cough it up.  When you live in a state where homeless people have been known to get shot and the cops pretty much do whatever the hell they want, well, you shut up and do whatever you are asked to do. 

For us normal people, it's no different than probably 90%+ of the world, in this respect.  But boy does a lot of the rest of the country seem to have a wrong idea about how this all works.

P.S. - interesting tidbit: What's the #2 reason police do those random sobriety checks in California?  Correct - they catch a lot of illegals as well as drunk drivers in them.  It's one of the few instances where they can essentially ask everyone in line for their ID. Is it nice or ethical?  Well, it's just the way it is (and always has been throughout most of history)

BigMike

• Administrator
  • Member since Apr '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: Jul 22, 2010, 01:43:30 PM »
P.S. - interesting tidbit: What's the #2 reason police do those random sobriety checks in California?  Correct - they catch a lot of illegals
Good point~~~!! If people are gonna say that asking for ID when someone commits a CRIME is "unconstitutional" or wrong, then why don't we hear the entire nation rising up against these checkpoints? I have been stopped at a checkpoint and asked for my ID, if I owned the car, if it's insured, where I came from & where I was going. I didn't commit ANY CRIME and yet I am divulging a ton of info. How is it ANY WORSE to give out info when you get pulled over FOR AN ACTUAL REASON??!!? W--O--W I've not looked at it this way until now, very interesting!! and upsetting that people are complaining about AZ's law!!!

P.S.
This is what a certain part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R were eliminated - the late Mitch Hedberg

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 759
  • Male Posts: 13,857
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #74 on: Jul 25, 2010, 04:16:56 AM »
 :headscratch:

Oh, it gets worse here in California. 

Consider that 20% or so of the state is now illegals or their underage* children.  Now, why does that matter?  Because since the children are U.S. citizens, they have to follow the same rules as normal kids and *can't work* or contribute to the society until they are 15.  They can't work full-time until 18.

*By "underage" I mean "under the age where they can work", though it hardly makes any difference as few kids actually work under the age of 18 anyways.  I personally don't know of more than a dozen or so, usually working at MCds and the like.

That's a 20% dead-weight to the state - money for services and everything else goes in and not a dime in tax money comes back out.  You wonder why the state is broke?  This is about half of it.  Yes, the other half is the government here being idiots is also important, of course.  But 20% is an enormous number of people to literally have the "deal with".

Couldn't agree more with you here.

Oh - concerning the law?  California has had laws exactly like Arizona for way more than a decade and nobody here even bothers to complain about it.  It's a pretty no-brainer, really.  If the police ask you for identification no matter what the reason, you better cough it up.  When you live in a state where homeless people have been known to get shot and the cops pretty much do whatever the hell they want, well, you shut up and do whatever you are asked to do. 

For us normal people, it's no different than probably 90%+ of the world, in this respect.  But boy does a lot of the rest of the country seem to have a wrong idea about how this all works.

Actually you are wrong on this, in fact CA has a don't ask policy on illegals, it seems that if we start asking these types of questions then they (illegals) will not call 911 when they are robbed, raped, etc., etc. Sure when the person who is illegal commits a crime it is determined on their legal status but the only thing that is done is the  Homeland Security office is notified to come pick them up. Well I can tell you that nobody ever shows up to get them so they are cited and yup, released since there is not enough room to hold them.

P.S. - interesting tidbit: What's the #2 reason police do those random sobriety checks in California?  Correct - they catch a lot of illegals as well as drunk drivers in them.  It's one of the few instances where they can essentially ask everyone in line for their ID. Is it nice or ethical?  Well, it's just the way it is (and always has been throughout most of history)

Absolutly wrong here, we cannot and do not check legal status at D.U.I. checkpoints, what is checked would be license, registration and sobriety, anything else would make the checkpoint itself illegal. In most cases even registration is not checked. Also ALL checkpoint locations must be released to the media and general public at least 2 weeks in advance. Since illegals in CA can't get a CA license all that happens is we take their vehicles and send them on their merry way if they are not intoxicated.

The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

BigMike

• Administrator
  • Member since Apr '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: Jul 28, 2010, 03:28:40 PM »
Source: http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Justice/2010/0728/Why-Judge-Susan-Bolton-blocked-key-parts-of-Arizona-s-SB-1070

"US District Judge Susan Bolton issued a temporary injunction that halted key parts of SB 1070, the Arizona immigration law, that would have required police to check the immigration status of anyone they suspected of being an illegal resident."

"A federal judge in Phoenix issued a temporary injunction Wednesday blocking implementation of the toughest portions of Arizona’s controversial immigration law, known as SB 1070, but the judge allowed other sections of the state statute to stand."

"US District Judge Susan Bolton agreed to block the section of the law that required local and state law enforcement officials to check the immigration status of those they suspected were illegal immigrants."

I don't understand what the deal is with showing ID. Everytime I've been pulled over I've always been asked for identification. I like how CruzrDave puts it. He thinks that if we were all required to carry proof of citizenship, then he would be proud: Officer: "Are you an American?" CruzrDave: "HELL YES I AM" as he whips out his Visa or something like that. I agree. I am a proud American and it's no difference for anyone foreign or not.

:twocents:

BigMike

BigMike

• Administrator
  • Member since Apr '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: Jul 29, 2010, 12:47:09 PM »
WOW a poll on our local (Central California wide) AM station's website, KMJNOW.com, has the following Poll question going on right now:

"Do you agree with a Federal Judge's ruling to block Arizona Police Officers from checking a person's immigration status?"

And the results so far are 6% yes and 93% no. :o

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: Jul 29, 2010, 07:11:29 PM »
Unfortunately this will drag out for a long while. Hopefully, though, this will serve to fire up the center/right going into the election. Too bad the next stop on this ride is the 9th Circuit...out of Frisco.
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 759
  • Male Posts: 13,857
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #78 on: Jul 30, 2010, 01:06:37 AM »
She's already getting a lot of negative feedback and threats.
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

Kentucky Jelly

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 144
  • Member since May '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: Jul 30, 2010, 02:32:59 AM »
Oh how just the right movement of tectonic plates could swing the popular vote in CA.
87 4Runner, IFS, 22RE, W56, 33x10.5 KM2's, 4.88's, ARB Rear, Downey Skid, BudBuilt X-member, Home Fab Front and Rear Bumpers, Sliders, MM Winch, A/C OBA, HID Hella 500's, Downey Header + Flowmaster, Fuel Tank Lift, EB Street RV Head, 268c Cam, Supra AFM, Bored and Balanced Bottom End, Long Travel Some Day, More To Come!

BigMike

• Administrator
  • Member since Apr '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: Aug 03, 2010, 11:48:51 AM »

BigMike

• Administrator
  • Member since Apr '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: Aug 03, 2010, 12:02:54 PM »
Here is Mark Levin getting really pissed off at the Government for suing Arizona:

Download Podcast (MP3-file): http://podfuse-dl.andomedia.com/800185/podfuse-origin.andomedia.com/citadel_origin/pods/marklevin/Levin07292010.mp3

Mark begins the show by speaking with Joe Kanefield, General Counsel to Governor Janice Brewer of Arizona. They discuss the appeal to the 9th Circuit regarding the Arizona immigration law. Why is the federal government going after a state that is simply enforcing federal immigration law?