Author Topic: MATT GOES TO JAIL (ok almost)  (Read 4577 times)

brainlessfool

• It's not my problem if you can't hear the voices too.
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2730
  • Male Posts: 4,207
  • Member since Jun '02
  • drive fast or the devil may get ya
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a cigar
Re: MATT GOES TO JAIL (ok almost)
« Reply #30 on: Jun 10, 2009, 07:20:50 AM »
. We had the police out and they said it's a civil matter - we have to go through court. :dunno:

on the 60 day thing yes. on the contrator who found your stuff, no. you have a voice mail from him saying I gots more? let the po po listen to it and ask them to go pick it all up cuz "this smells fishy"
A good day working, that's just sick :reg:

Blingn [OP]

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 155
  • Male Posts: 2,356
  • Member since May '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Jun 10, 2009, 07:34:10 AM »
not a bad idea

ninja turtle

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 38
  • Male Posts: 1,072
  • Member since Sep '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Jun 10, 2009, 07:41:26 AM »

on the 60 day thing yes. on the contrator who found your stuff, no. you have a voice mail from him saying I gots more? let the po po listen to it and ask them to go pick it all up cuz "this smells fishy"
x2 its possession of stolen property

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 11
  • Female Posts: 8,265
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #33 on: Jun 10, 2009, 07:46:30 AM »
not a bad idea

Matt, did you get the Officer's card? I know his name... that's it.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

Toymin8r

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 50
  • Male Posts: 929
  • Member since Dec '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Jun 10, 2009, 07:48:55 AM »
I'm not trying to be critical here but you shouldn't have dragged your feet in removing your valuables.  I've been on other side of the Owner/Tenant thing before and I can tell you that the laws are all stacked in your favor that end up costing the property owner thousands of dolllars before the process is over.  This may explain this guys bitterness, especially if you owe him money.   Even if you don't the property sits vacant for several months losing money the whole time.   I don't know all the laws in your state but in mine you don't have to notify the tenants but you must post all notices or eviction info on the front door 60 days before doing anything.  Then take a photograph of it to proove you did it.   Most of the time tenants are hard to find because they owe you money.
YOU ONLY NEED TWO TOOLS IN LIFE - WD-40 AND DUCT TAPE. IF IT DOESN'T MOVE
AND SHOULD, USE THE WD-40. IF IT SHOULDN'T MOVE AND DOES, USE THE DUCT TAPE.

IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU HAVE AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.

BeccaLoo24 – i can toss grown men.... so dont doubt me

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #35 on: Jun 10, 2009, 09:03:39 AM »
I'm not trying to be critical here but you shouldn't have dragged your feet in removing your valuables.  I've been on other side of the Owner/Tenant thing before and I can tell you that the laws are all stacked in your favor that end up costing the property owner thousands of dolllars before the process is over.  This may explain this guys bitterness, especially if you owe him money.   Even if you don't the property sits vacant for several months losing money the whole time.   I don't know all the laws in your state but in mine you don't have to notify the tenants but you must post all notices or eviction info on the front door 60 days before doing anything.  Then take a photograph of it to proove you did it.   Most of the time tenants are hard to find because they owe you money.

This isn't going to cost the ex-property owner a cent. It's the Realtor that is in the wrong here. My rights are that I have 60 days from the date the house sells. What if I had still been living there??????? What excuse would he have had then? Besides, if we would have had a choice in the matter, our :pokinit: would have been out of there a LONG time ago.

We heard back from the contractor who had some of our stuff - he says he "found" some more of our stuff. Unfortunately, none of it is my painting or opals, but at least it looks like I'll get my fishing gear back.

I also called the Realtor's manager and am expecting a call back before noon. I'm prepared to go higher than him if that's what it takes.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

Toymin8r

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 50
  • Male Posts: 929
  • Member since Dec '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: Jun 10, 2009, 10:33:35 AM »
This isn't going to cost the ex-property owner a cent. It's the Realtor that is in the wrong here. My rights are that I have 60 days from the date the house sells. What if I had still been living there??????? What excuse would he have had then? Besides, if we would have had a choice in the matter, our :pokinit: would have been out of there a LONG time ago.

Its costing somebody something if there is payments being made every month on a loan until the house sells. If its a bank or realty company that foreclosed on a loan they they are still out that capital that they gave to the buyer when the home was bought.  They can't recoup that money until a new owner or tenants take possession. 

I'm not sure what your circumstances were as to why you didn't have a choice about getting your stuff out of there but your other thread says you've had a new house since the beginning of April.   

Either way I hope you get your stuff back.  Think about it this way.  The contractor hired to clean out the house could have just thrown it all in a dumpster and hauled it to a landfill.  Also, that contractor probably had no knowledge of what the realtor was doing, he was just hired to get rid of the stuff. 
YOU ONLY NEED TWO TOOLS IN LIFE - WD-40 AND DUCT TAPE. IF IT DOESN'T MOVE
AND SHOULD, USE THE WD-40. IF IT SHOULDN'T MOVE AND DOES, USE THE DUCT TAPE.

IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU HAVE AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.

BeccaLoo24 – i can toss grown men.... so dont doubt me

79coyotefrg

• Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #37 on: Jun 11, 2009, 10:07:08 AM »
Come on Glen... are you serious?
:down: i'm sorry,  you know i love you guys i was just concerned why you waited so long ,  like steve ive also been on the landlord end of things, we had to pay for a storage unit for 90 days, for a bunch of broken furniture and clothes that wouldnt make good grease rags because thats what the law said i had to do.
it took a week (taken off work) to get all the dog,cat and raccon :pokinit: scraped off the floors and kitchen counters.

they had had the water shut off and the toilets had been used MANY times :puke4: and left like that.

did your realator/landlord do you wrong, HELL YES.  do they need their butts kicked??  YES

i was just offering another view  :(  sorry
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #38 on: Jun 11, 2009, 01:16:50 PM »
:down: i'm sorry,  you know i love you guys i was just concerned why you waited so long ,  like steve ive also been on the landlord end of things, we had to pay for a storage unit for 90 days, for a bunch of broken furniture and clothes that wouldnt make good grease rags because thats what the law said i had to do.
it took a week (taken off work) to get all the dog,cat and raccon :pokinit: scraped off the floors and kitchen counters.

they had had the water shut off and the toilets had been used MANY times :puke4: and left like that.

did your realator/landlord do you wrong, HELL YES.  do they need their butts kicked??  YES

i was just offering another view  :(  sorry

It's not the landlord's fault - it's the REALTOR's fault. HE's the one that had the place locked up before he was supposed to. The place is bank owned now and I couldn't care less about how much it's costing them. It's our rights that were violated because the Realtor is too greedy to take all the steps required to sling the place.

79coyotefrg

• Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #39 on: Jun 13, 2009, 09:24:18 AM »
i'm sorry,  i do hope he wakes up with fire ants in his shorts
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way