Author Topic: MATT GOES TO JAIL (ok almost)  (Read 4576 times)

Blingn

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 155
  • Male Posts: 2,356
  • Member since May '06
    • View Profile
MATT GOES TO JAIL (ok almost)
« on: Jun 08, 2009, 03:53:16 PM »
This is FFC's writing... copy and paste - didn't want to type it all out again :thud:

We have been in the process of moving out of our old house for a while - like, since April. The house was set to go to auction in late April, and we were supposed to have 60 days (with notice) to get the rest of our stuff out. So we took our time.

I went to the house last Thursday and the locks were changed and the "bank owned" signs were up. Well - I NEVER GOT MY NOTICE (they never sent the notice either)! I have rights, as a renter, and my rights - according to California State Law - is that I have 60 days from the date of sale to get my belongings out of the house.

I never got notification that the house was sold/selling. So I called the guy in charge on Thursday and he got mouthy with me. I was *very* nice to him - kudos to me, because I was ready to rip him a new one.

We set an appointment for me to go today and get the rest of my stuff out of the house. Well, I get there and notice Matt's golf clubs are gone, a floor jack, and a microwave. Well - LONG LONG LONG story short, those THREE things were recovered.... from the contractor sent in to give an ESTIMATE on how much it would cost to clear out the house to prepare for selling.

So Matt and I kept looking through the house and I realized that my fishing poles were gone, his stereo was gone, our drill press was gone, my mom's brand new security system (still boxed) was gone, genuine opal eggs (4 of them) were gone, a bunch of other stuff that we noticed throughout the time we were there getting the rest of our stuff out. Worst of all for me - and I bawled my eyes out - was a painting I got from my grandpa shortly after my grandmother died. Now. I wasn't very attached to this painting, but it has sentimental value to me - a LOT of sentimental value. It's something I would have wrapped up and put in the attic for my kids or something. Well... it's gone.

Matt called the cops out because the guy in charge of the house got in our faces - so Matt told the guy he was going to knock his face in unless he went across the street and waited for the cops. So the guy (little tiny guy) went and sat across the street while we waited for the cops.

Cops got there and said that it's a civil matter that has to be settled in court. He also agreed that the guy in charge of the house was in the wrong - our rights were violated and he's very convinced that we'll win in court.

I'm going to be doing some research and see what it takes to go to court about all this. I'm so. freekin. upset.

I know I left huge holes in the story... I just got home after having to miss a day of work to do all this. I can't unload the truck & pathfinder until I make room for all the stuff - which means, Kelly! I'm going to unpack!

*sigh*

Prismo

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 8403
  • Member since Oct '03
  • Living in the green house
    • View Profile
Re: MATT GOES TO JAIL (ok almost)
« Reply #1 on: Jun 08, 2009, 03:57:23 PM »
Go after them. Do you have any pictures to identify your stuff?
Retired Great White Turtle Hunter
Originally posted by fortysixandtwo – sheesh, you should see the transvestites i sell ammo to sometimes

*** YELLER ***

• BIGMIKE SAID I WAS A CLOWN SO .... GUESS THATS THAT
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 314
  • Male Posts: 4,686
  • Member since Oct '05
  • USMC NO BETTER FRIEND NO WORSE ENEMY
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a soda
« Reply #2 on: Jun 08, 2009, 03:57:47 PM »
 :phone: Hello MARLIN mafia we need to make a run to Matt and Justina's house and regulate  :tantrum:

If I can help you have my number  :phone:  :smooch:

:usa: :beerwhack:
MY ONLY REGRET IS THAT I HAVE NOTHING USEFUL TO OFFER THIS FORUM  :moon:
except BACON

brockbuilt85

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 362
  • Male Posts: 1,715
  • Member since Oct '08
  • I do all my own stunts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jun 08, 2009, 03:58:56 PM »
holy cow, i cannot tolerate people like that, who rip you off, matt has more restraint than me, i would have beat him like a piniata till my stuff came out his :moon:
When in doubt, skinny pedal!
Turd Box Build:
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=50894.0

unclejpl4x4

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 348
  • Male Posts: 3,522
  • Member since Apr '05
  • Broke & rusted
    • View Profile
    • myspace
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #4 on: Jun 08, 2009, 04:18:13 PM »
let me at um :fight:  ill knock his socks off
build thread http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=39214.0
CB install http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=45467.0
roundeyes http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=33294.0;highlight=round+eyes
LC exhaust head 2 tip, EB RVstreethead O/S valves,EB  268c/torker cam , .20 over , metal t-chain wear pads
MARLIN clutch 1200, master clutch cly

Wermz84

• Rock Nerd!
  • Turtle Points: 921
  • Male Posts: 3,518
  • Member since May '05
  • Ouch My Eye!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Jun 08, 2009, 04:20:27 PM »
WTF is that guys problem.

Sorry you two have to deal with this.  I wish you both the best of Cool headed luck.
I like to Drive!

*** YELLER ***

• Member since Oct '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a soda
« Reply #6 on: Jun 08, 2009, 04:21:18 PM »
so all kidden aside where is yer stuff and is there a chance you can get it back ???

except BACON

Blingn [OP]

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since May '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Jun 08, 2009, 04:26:33 PM »
the guy that came over and gave me my clubs and jack and microwave said that he did not take em.  I said then who the f did?  He swore he did not know who had the rest of our stuff.  So that is when I started getting pissed off and almost lost it. 

I bet he sold them,  I have been looking in craigslist adds

*** YELLER ***

• Member since Oct '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a soda
« Reply #8 on: Jun 08, 2009, 04:27:47 PM »
thats freekin BS
except BACON

junya92toy

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: -64
  • Male Posts: 1,500
  • Member since Nov '04
  • Drinking me beer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Jun 08, 2009, 04:33:06 PM »
Sue him, he knows.
Dr.Maxwe001 – well i have a 15 gal compressor now and if I gett he 60  and then use the 15 as a reserve that wil give me 75 gal  thats close to 80 isnt it ?

Blingn [OP]

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since May '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Jun 08, 2009, 04:40:14 PM »
I left a note for the guy at that house saying ..we will see you in court, you are in the wrong according to the cop and have a nice day

Then my women turned on the appliances and locked the screen door that he did not have a key to. We left the front door wide open behind the screen

*** YELLER ***

• Member since Oct '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a soda
« Reply #11 on: Jun 08, 2009, 04:42:10 PM »
I left a note for the guy at that house saying ..we will see you in court, you are in the wrong according to the cop and have a nice day

Then my women turned on the appliances and locked the screen door that he did not have a key to. We left the front door wide open behind the screen

:rofl: no it was locked when we left   :headscratch: :dunno: :blah:   :slap:

except BACON

Wermz84

• Rock Nerd!
  • Member since May '05
  • Ouch My Eye!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Jun 08, 2009, 04:43:22 PM »
What an A55 Hat!   Damn that is lame dude!
I like to Drive!

*** YELLER ***

• Member since Oct '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a soda
« Reply #13 on: Jun 08, 2009, 04:44:58 PM »
What an A55 Hat!   Damn that is lame dude!

:rofl: he used 2 5's thats great  :haha: wermy  :rofl2:  he funny  :yupyup:

except BACON

Wermz84

• Rock Nerd!
  • Member since May '05
  • Ouch My Eye!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Jun 08, 2009, 04:45:37 PM »
:rofl: he used 2 5's thats great  :haha: wermy  :rofl2:  he funny  :yupyup:

:gap:
I like to Drive!

unclejpl4x4

• Turtle Points: 348
  • Male Posts: 3,522
  • Member since Apr '05
  • Broke & rusted
    • View Profile
    • myspace
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #15 on: Jun 08, 2009, 05:00:03 PM »
turned on the appliences ?  :shudder: 
build thread http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=39214.0
CB install http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=45467.0
roundeyes http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=33294.0;highlight=round+eyes
LC exhaust head 2 tip, EB RVstreethead O/S valves,EB  268c/torker cam , .20 over , metal t-chain wear pads
MARLIN clutch 1200, master clutch cly

79coyotefrg

• Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #16 on: Jun 08, 2009, 08:34:03 PM »
thats really messed up, BUT

:slap: why would you leave that much stuff for any amount of time when you knew other people would have access to them ??

:headshake:   
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

WHITE_TRASH

• Turtle Points: 679
  • Member since Feb '03
  • Don't blame me, I didn't vote for this crap.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Jun 08, 2009, 08:45:46 PM »

:slap: why would you leave that much stuff for any amount of time when you knew other people would have access to them ??

Hey now don't go pointing out the smart things that should have been done!  They are angry that someone else did this to THEM it is not THEIR fault at all...  Riiiiight...    :talkingn:
Full hydro, 186:1 with an auto and 44's what could go wrong??

79coyotefrg

• Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #18 on: Jun 08, 2009, 08:57:25 PM »
yea, sorry, i just happened to be on the outside looking in and

ok i'll :lipsrsealed:
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

Slolyfe

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: -117
  • Male Posts: 2,048
  • Member since Aug '07
  • Heyo
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Jun 08, 2009, 09:23:18 PM »
That sucks bro. Let me know if you need anything.
You'll never take me alive

Blingn [OP]

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since May '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Jun 08, 2009, 10:23:18 PM »
Thanks Glen aka capt obvious, yeah man if we knew that they had access to the house I don't think I would have left some of the stuff there.  We were never served papers as of a date to get out.  We checked on the house a couple times a week and looked for a notice.  We both have full time jobs and are full time school students.  So we are very busy and tried to get as much moved when we could.  Point is when the notice was put in the house they changed the locks so we could not get into the house. When they put the notice in the house they took our stuff.  Anymore questions????   

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Jun 08, 2009, 11:28:50 PM »
What did the notice say?  When was the foreclosure of the house?  I was just trying to look up some stuff on tenants rights in a foreclosure situation.  From what I garnered from the information, the notice of foreclosure (not auction) is your notice.  If it happened after may 20, 2009, you are entitled to 90 days according to new law that Obama passed.  If it happened prior, you get 30-60 days, depending on the notice your landlord gave you, but there's a lot of loopholes in the system, as far as I read.  

I'd start collecting paperwork, and documenting EVERYTHING (pics of the stuff that disappeared, the notice in the window, that cop's name, the report he gave you, etc.)  to prepare for court.  It really sucks that you got your stuff jacked.  Hopefully you'll get it back :crossed:

Remember though, getting pissed at the people you interact with isn't going to get you anywhere, and it won't help your case.  Chances are, they don't know the details or the issues, they're just doing their job.  They should certainly treat you with respect as well, but if they don't, and you do, it will help you in court.  :yesnod:

I would seriously consider going back and turning the appliances back off (if they haven't been already).  In the off chance that they start a fire, you could be held responsible for vandalism and arson.  I know you guys are pissed, I would be too, but you've got to handle it the right way.  :thumbs:    

Good luck guys, hope it all works out for you, and you can somehow get your stuff back. :thumbs: Its a shitty situation, but you'll pull through!  :gap:  You need anything, you know you can give me a call.  :yesnod:
« Last Edit: Jun 08, 2009, 11:41:49 PM by BLACKDOG »
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

fordh8r

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 850
  • Male Posts: 2,588
  • Member since Jan '07
  • when my toyota grows up it'll be just like my chevy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Jun 08, 2009, 11:39:40 PM »
 :mad: Man, you guys, that really sucks  :moon:. I really hate to hear that you guys are going through this  :pokinit: because of people like that  :down:. I hope things work out in your favor sooner than later.  :crossed:

I dunno what I can do to help, but you know how to reach me.  :yesnod:

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 11
  • Female Posts: 8,265
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #23 on: Jun 09, 2009, 06:09:22 AM »

Come on Glen... are you serious?

What did the notice say?  When was the foreclosure of the house?  I was just trying to look up some stuff on tenants rights in a foreclosure situation.  From what I garnered from the information, the notice of foreclosure (not auction) is your notice.  If it happened after may 20, 2009, you are entitled to 90 days according to new law that Obama passed.  If it happened prior, you get 30-60 days, depending on the notice your landlord gave you, but there's a lot of loopholes in the system, as far as I read. 

I'd start collecting paperwork, and documenting EVERYTHING (pics of the stuff that disappeared, the notice in the window, that cop's name, the report he gave you, etc.)  to prepare for court.  It really sucks that you got your stuff jacked.  Hopefully you'll get it back :crossed:

Remember though, getting pissed at the people you interact with isn't going to get you anywhere, and it won't help your case.  Chances are, they don't know the details or the issues, they're just doing their job.  They should certainly treat you with respect as well, but if they don't, and you do, it will help you in court.  :yesnod:

I would seriously consider going back and turning the appliances back off (if they haven't been already).  In the off chance that they start a fire, you could be held responsible for vandalism and arson.  I know you guys are pissed, I would be too, but you've got to handle it the right way.  :thumbs:   

Good luck guys, hope it all works out for you, and you can somehow get your stuff back. :thumbs: Its a shitty situation, but you'll pull through!  :gap:  You need anything, you know you can give me a call.  :yesnod:

According to my Realtor, our rights as renters state that we have 60 days from the date of sale to get out. I am going to be doing more research on this of course - going to court half blinded isn't going to work.

As for being pissed - the guy came off yelling at us before we even barely said a word. I'm done with keeping my mouth shut and letting people walk over me, so I didn't. I kept my hands to myself :yupyup:

Thanks to those of you being so supportive... I'm able to look back with a bit more rationale, and seriously the only thing I'd do different if I replayed yesterday is grab the steel we left in the rafters.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #24 on: Jun 09, 2009, 06:52:13 AM »
Oh yeah, and I told Matt I was going to turn on the appliances.... and I didn't. That was my messup in our communication.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

JanMarie13

• Queen Cookie Monster
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 924
  • Female Posts: 415
  • Member since Jan '06
  • Mmm....Tacos!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Jun 09, 2009, 07:01:58 AM »
:therethere:   What a major bunch of BS.  I'm proud of you standing your ground and sticking up for yourself!  That guy sounds shady as hell.  :(
RIP Kyle, we love and miss you man.  :smooch:
thanks for the smooch I miss you too !  :yesnod:

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Jun 09, 2009, 10:30:47 PM »
Definately do your research justina!  Having a set of truck tires and my air compressor stolen recently I know too well the feeling of violation, but at least you have more to go on than me!  The sheriff's dept has basically told me to get over it and don't expect to ever see my :pokinit: again, despite the fact that I had the only set of those tires in town, guarenteed  :shake:
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #27 on: Jun 10, 2009, 06:35:15 AM »
So yesterday I get a voice mail from the contractor that had returned some of our things - and he says he "found" some more of our stuff. So Matt calls him back and the guy says he's on the other line.... so he said he'd call us back. He didn't call us back 2 hours later, so I called him and left him a voice message. We don't know WHAT he so called "found" of ours, but I sure am curious. I'll be calling him bright and early this morning!

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 1363
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Jun 10, 2009, 06:48:28 AM »
I have a feeling that the landlord got the notice and failed to let you know about it. 

As for the contractor that found your stuff, call the police and have them go get your stuff. 
Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #29 on: Jun 10, 2009, 06:56:46 AM »
I have a feeling that the landlord got the notice and failed to let you know about it. 

As for the contractor that found your stuff, call the police and have them go get your stuff. 

No, we were aware it was going into foreclosure, but we were supposed to have 60 days from the date of sale to get our stuff out. The Realtor denied us our 60 day rights. We had the police out and they said it's a civil matter - we have to go through court. :dunno: