Author Topic: 22RE-T 4Runner  (Read 89621 times)

Jordan7118

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: -21
  • Male Posts: 1,105
  • Member since May '07
    • View Profile
guys is she really too tall?

That's for you to decide.

For me, yes, that's terribly too tall.

peacesells

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: -17
  • Male Posts: 791
  • Member since Jul '08
  • motley lou
    • View Profile
From the center frame rail to the ground is 29"s

Whoa! mine is 23.5 on 37's and I think mine is too tall. I love the truck though, lookin good!
this my man lysol, fresh out the joint

4LoRunner [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: -13
  • Male Posts: 680
  • Member since Dec '08
  • 109:1
    • View Profile
    • Loaded Defense
    • Buy me a soda
That's for you to decide.

For me, yes, that's terribly too tall.

hmmm well to me shes not too bad but those are new springs so i know shes gonna drop down some bit but not much

Whoa! mine is 23.5 on 37's and I think mine is too tall. I love the truck though, lookin good!

yea im on 35's :dunno:
Sas'd '86 4Runner, 22RE-T, 4.88s, Dual Stock T-Cases, Locked F/R, 35" MTR's.
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=55751.0

89sastoyo

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 148
  • Member since Jan '09
    • View Profile
im on 42s at 26....  highest point of the frame 24 lowest. I just think runners would be a tad top heavy but ive never wheeled one so I dont know lol. Runner looks way clean and nive i want an ret soooo bad.
89 extra cab stock on 1 tons.
83 rolled with built toy axles
92 2wd DD
first gen cab

Check out the build.

http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=56487.0

joey0712

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 1,459
  • Member since Apr '08
    • View Profile
Nice runner what are the specs on the turbo motor? Im building one rite now cant wait. Very clean build :cool:
91 Toyota High pinions f&r.

84socal

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: -2
  • Male Posts: 888
  • Member since Aug '07
  • freind of johnson valley
    • View Profile
definately a clean rig for sure  i want a turbo motor   im jealous  different people different styles   i like mine low also 24in aired up on 37s
Lets shoot fireballs at it !!

OH man, we're  gonna get so  busted!!!

4LoRunner [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Dec '08
    • View Profile
    • Loaded Defense
    • Buy me a soda
im on 42s at 26....  highest point of the frame 24 lowest. I just think runners would be a tad top heavy but ive never wheeled one so I dont know lol. Runner looks way clean and nive i want an ret soooo bad.

well i used to wheel my uncles runner on 35's with a 6" lift and never came close to floppin and hes is sittin little lower cuz of the broken in springs but not by much, but i love runners cuz ya dont need a tent when ya go campin haha

Nice runner what are the specs on the turbo motor? Im building one rite now cant wait. Very clean build :cool:

well im not sure on the exact spec but i think about 135 hp runnin at about 6-8 psi on the factory turbo. when i got it smoged he didnt even dyno it i was kinda bummed but it past with flyin colors didnt fail one test. i still need to get a manuel boost control

definately a clean rig for sure  i want a turbo motor   im jealous  different people different styles   i like mine low also 24in aired up on 37s

yea everybody cant believe im gonna wheel it. well i like the turbo cept the fact that finding parts is a pregnant dog and you havta go to the yota dealership n play an arm n a leg.

yea its all personal opinion on what you like and dis like

NorCalToy

• Official Super Badass
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 77
  • Male Posts: 2,472
  • Member since Jun '07
  • IFS no longer! - Member #8342
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
alrighty ill try to get some tomorrow if it clears up

guys is she really too tall?
Its personal Opinion and since its your runner and you like it it doesnt really matter :dunno:

Im at ~23" on 35s and I feel too tall... :dunno: But if your comfortable wheeling a tall rig then dont worry about it.
:willynilly: '89 truck SAS sittin on 35's, Tacoma rear axle w/ E-Locker, welded front

kneedownnate - You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable

iɹǝʌo ǝɯ ııoɹ sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı

:flamer: IFS

4LoRunner [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Dec '08
    • View Profile
    • Loaded Defense
    • Buy me a soda
Its personal Opinion and since its your runner and you like it it doesnt really matter :dunno:

Im at ~23" on 35s and I feel too tall... :dunno: But if your comfortable wheeling a tall rig then dont worry about it.

thanks man! i do feel comfortable wheelin in cuz like i said my uncles is almost the same and ive never flopped

exxon

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Mar '10
    • View Profile
thanks man! i do feel comfortable wheelin in cuz like i said my uncles is almost the same and ive never flopped
I'm stock and I feel too tall at times, 4runners just seem top heavy and on off-angle lines the back springs seem to want to unload in to the lean. Now full width axles I'll be more comfortable with, but also depends on your wheeling style. I think it looks great and am just glad to see what a 4runnner looks like with treps. I have 31's on my Jeep and think they are an awesome tire for anything! Haven't had much problems with wear or rotation. Been thinking about 35's or 37's for the 'Runner once I sas or even before, lol, aint nothing the sawzall can't fix. Other than that I want to say an awesome build, loving what you did to it! Gotta post some videos up of that beast
'86 4runner 22re
'04 TJ
'78 Ramcharger 440 35's

exxon

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Mar '10
    • View Profile
p.s. you can keep those tires shiny, they are a good looking tire :biggthumpup:
'86 4runner 22re
'04 TJ
'78 Ramcharger 440 35's

<MIKE>

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 41
  • Male Posts: 618
  • Member since Dec '09
  • Swap, Lock, and Rock it
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
hey man rig looks awesome. thats exactly the bumper i want to build for the front. as far as height goes it does seem tall but whatever you like is all that matters. we all just don't want to see you flopped. fyi i'm at 26" with 38s and i feel a little tippy on the trail.
1987 4runner
Dual cases, 2.28-4.7
Dana 60 Rear; Danna 44 front; 5.89’s
249:1

4LoRunner [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Dec '08
    • View Profile
    • Loaded Defense
    • Buy me a soda
p.s. you can keep those tires shiny, they are a good looking tire :biggthumpup:

i love these damn tires on the trails 8lbs in them and the form and grab like bias! maxxis thought their radials out for the trails.

hey man rig looks awesome. thats exactly the bumper i want to build for the front. as far as height goes it does seem tall but whatever you like is all that matters. we all just don't want to see you flopped. fyi i'm at 26" with 38s and i feel a little tippy on the trail.

if ya need some close ups of the bumper ill be happy to take some snap shots of it for ya.

to be honest i wish i went with a 4" or 5". i was young at the time when i picked out the the lift, i though bigger the better but now ive learned. on the trails it was a bit sketchy but i knew my spotters wouldnt let it go over. after a few years down the road ya think it would sag down to a 5" or even a 4" or?

next time i go crawlin ill be sure to bring a camera crew to get some vids n pix. didnt have anyone tankin em last sun the 18 at the 4 wheel parts customer appreciation run at cow mtn.

4LoRunner [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Dec '08
    • View Profile
    • Loaded Defense
    • Buy me a soda
oh by the way my speedometer cable broke  :sad2: i have the digital display and its not cool anymore. well looks like its time for a pick n pull run. the gps will have to do for now

THK Matt

• 96ZJ v8
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: -415
  • Male Posts: 4,823
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a drink
does it use the same as a no digital?
2007 GMC Yukon SLT Daily
5.3L V8, 3.5in Lift, 33X10.5R18 Toyo MTs, Vision Rocker 18x9s powdercoated Mountain Blue Transparent over Speedboat Aluminum

2010 Chevy Tahoe LT Wife's Daily
5.3L V8, 6in Lift, 35s, AMP power steps

2016 Ford F250 XLT CCLB Work/Business Truck
6.2L V8

2001 Ford F350 Lariat CCLB Work/Business Truck
7.3L Powerstroke w/ Banks Turbo

Instagram @ taytershubby13

NorCalToy

• Official Super Badass
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 77
  • Male Posts: 2,472
  • Member since Jun '07
  • IFS no longer! - Member #8342
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
i love these damn tires on the trails 8lbs in them and the form and grab like bias! maxxis thought their radials out for the trails.

if ya need some close ups of the bumper ill be happy to take some snap shots of it for ya.

to be honest i wish i went with a 4" or 5". i was young at the time when i picked out the the lift, i though bigger the better but now ive learned. on the trails it was a bit sketchy but i knew my spotters wouldnt let it go over. after a few years down the road ya think it would sag down to a 5" or even a 4" or?

next time i go crawlin ill be sure to bring a camera crew to get some vids n pix. didnt have anyone tankin em last sun the 18 at the 4 wheel parts customer appreciation run at cow mtn.
You could pull a leaf or two out of each pack to lower it down if you really feel you need to. Search a bit I know Iv read threads about people pullin a leaf or two out a 6" pack. :twocents:

Then if it sags too much down the line put the leaf(s) you pulled back in... :dunno:
:willynilly: '89 truck SAS sittin on 35's, Tacoma rear axle w/ E-Locker, welded front

kneedownnate - You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable

iɹǝʌo ǝɯ ııoɹ sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı

:flamer: IFS

4LoRunner [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Dec '08
    • View Profile
    • Loaded Defense
    • Buy me a soda
does it use the same as a no digital?

its all universal, got one for free off of a isuzu pickup. and it was long enough where i didnt have to used the extention.

You could pull a leaf or two out of each pack to lower it down if you really feel you need to. Search a bit I know Iv read threads about people pullin a leaf or two out a 6" pack. :twocents:

Then if it sags too much down the line put the leaf(s) you pulled back in... :dunno:

that actually sounds like a legit idea, i might consider doing it if end up flop or come super close. but next time im out the shell is coming off too much weight!

exxon

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Mar '10
    • View Profile
but next time im out the shell is coming off too much weight!
I agree, I like the looks of the hard top, but the practicality and weight saving is soo much better. Not to mention I put a hole in the fiberglass taking it off the other day :rivers: :hammerhead:
'86 4runner 22re
'04 TJ
'78 Ramcharger 440 35's

4LoRunner [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Dec '08
    • View Profile
    • Loaded Defense
    • Buy me a soda
I agree, I like the looks of the hard top, but the practicality and weight saving is soo much better. Not to mention I put a hole in the fiberglass taking it off the other day :rivers: :hammerhead:

howd ya do that? look around home depot or any hardware store to see if they have like a fiberglass repair kit

pumkin toy

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: -4
  • Male Posts: 3,561
  • Member since Sep '05
  • Do You Know A Sweeney Bro?
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
howd ya do that?
Thats what i was wondering!
97 4runner Limited
4runner Build Thread http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=54076.1410#lastPost

Started my own fab business recently check out the website  www.c4fabrication.com

also follow C4Fab on facebook for regular updates on projects. http://www.facebook.com/pages/C4-Fabrication/454285357953823

4LoRunner [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Dec '08
    • View Profile
    • Loaded Defense
    • Buy me a soda
well i just looked at a 10 day weather forecast, and im thinkin about takin to top off, but that mean i gotta leave my tools and valuables at home. hmmm i think im gonna go pick up a lock for my tool box

THK Matt

• 96ZJ v8
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: -415
  • Male Posts: 4,823
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a drink
Ooooo take yo top off xD
2007 GMC Yukon SLT Daily
5.3L V8, 3.5in Lift, 33X10.5R18 Toyo MTs, Vision Rocker 18x9s powdercoated Mountain Blue Transparent over Speedboat Aluminum

2010 Chevy Tahoe LT Wife's Daily
5.3L V8, 6in Lift, 35s, AMP power steps

2016 Ford F250 XLT CCLB Work/Business Truck
6.2L V8

2001 Ford F350 Lariat CCLB Work/Business Truck
7.3L Powerstroke w/ Banks Turbo

Instagram @ taytershubby13

4LoRunner [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Dec '08
    • View Profile
    • Loaded Defense
    • Buy me a soda

exxon

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Mar '10
    • View Profile
Thats what i was wondering!
first time I took the top off I slid it to the back no problems. But the second time it tended to go to one side, but my Stepbro was there and he caught it, just marked up the side of the truck with a bad paint job so no biggy. The other day I tried sliding it back but then it slid to the left and the corner of the bed put a hole in it, I was shocked, makes me wish Toyota made the darn things out of plastic, but fg is easy to fix. Trying to figure out why it has a tendency to fall off of the side of the truck :headscratch: . Gives me a reason to repaint the top atleast. Autoparts store usually carries small repair kits for car bodies. It put a hole in the top about the 3 x 4 inches above the rear seat.
'86 4runner 22re
'04 TJ
'78 Ramcharger 440 35's

4LoRunner [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Dec '08
    • View Profile
    • Loaded Defense
    • Buy me a soda
first time I took the top off I slid it to the back no problems. But the second time it tended to go to one side, but my Stepbro was there and he caught it, just marked up the side of the truck with a bad paint job so no biggy. The other day I tried sliding it back but then it slid to the left and the corner of the bed put a hole in it, I was shocked, makes me wish Toyota made the darn things out of plastic, but fg is easy to fix. Trying to figure out why it has a tendency to fall off of the side of the truck :headscratch: . Gives me a reason to repaint the top atleast. Autoparts store usually carries small repair kits for car bodies. It put a hole in the top about the 3 x 4 inches above the rear seat.

im not sure if its just me and you but i notice that on my uncles runner it does tend to want to slide off to one side. and why the hell did they have to make it so damn heavy! well id play it safe 2 guys or more to take it off.

4LoRunner [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Dec '08
    • View Profile
    • Loaded Defense
    • Buy me a soda
took the top of yesterday and damn its nice haha

no more sag in the rear, no more death body rolls around turn and it gets up and goes now.

pix soon to come

exxon

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Mar '10
    • View Profile

pix soon to come
still waiting (vids too) :yawn:
'86 4runner 22re
'04 TJ
'78 Ramcharger 440 35's

4LoRunner [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Dec '08
    • View Profile
    • Loaded Defense
    • Buy me a soda
anybody wanna take a cam a record me while i crawl?

4LoRunner [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Dec '08
    • View Profile
    • Loaded Defense
    • Buy me a soda
ROLLED IT

pumkin toy

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: -4
  • Male Posts: 3,561
  • Member since Sep '05
  • Do You Know A Sweeney Bro?
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
ROLLED IT
We told you it was too tall!  how did it happen?  Pics??
97 4runner Limited
4runner Build Thread http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=54076.1410#lastPost

Started my own fab business recently check out the website  www.c4fabrication.com

also follow C4Fab on facebook for regular updates on projects. http://www.facebook.com/pages/C4-Fabrication/454285357953823