Author Topic: what is wrong with schools today?  (Read 8095 times)

lowgeared

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: -1
  • Male Posts: 556
  • Member since Oct '03
    • View Profile
Re: what is wrong with schools today?
« Reply #30 on: Sep 26, 2004, 06:05:29 PM »
Come on 86...dark hair, pale skin, easy.  You can see where you need to be even in the dark.  Buy her a pack of smokes and it's on.  It doesn't get much better than that!!
Friends help you move.  Real friends help you move bodies.

Bazzi

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 97
  • Male Posts: 1,095
  • Member since May '04
  • From Reykjavik Iceland...
    • View Profile
    • R&T
« Reply #31 on: Sep 26, 2004, 07:07:58 PM »
I just saw Bowling for columbine.(a documentary made by Michael moore)... If you haven´t  seen it it is a must for all of you!

4runner body on a hilux frame = Hi-Runner.
 2,4 dti duals 2,28 x 2,28 to 8" 5.71 with arb´s  and 39,5" trxus
gathering parts for my goal which is
350 Chevy 700r4 auto to 2.28 x 4.70  and 4.88 9,5" cruisers diffs,diamondaxles and cable lockers, 44" richard cepecs

brainlessfool

• It's not my problem if you can't hear the voices too.
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2730
  • Male Posts: 4,207
  • Member since Jun '02
  • drive fast or the devil may get ya
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a cigar
« Reply #32 on: Sep 26, 2004, 07:10:43 PM »
just stay away from F. 911
A good day working, that's just sick :reg:

Skinny_Pedal [OP]

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 89
  • Male Posts: 2,833
  • Member since Apr '04
  • work so I can support my lifestyle
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #33 on: Sep 26, 2004, 07:24:08 PM »
Come on 86...dark hair, pale skin, easy.  You can see where you need to be even in the dark.  Buy her a pack of smokes and it's on.  It doesn't get much better than that!!

im ok!
Im an OG

Dark Chaos

• Marlin Crawler
  • I used to Crawl. I still do, but I used to, too.
« Reply #34 on: Sep 26, 2004, 10:06:44 PM »
Goth chicks rule.
INDEED!!  :yupyup: Just have to watch out for the ones that think they are vampires.Then again those teeth and pointy ears with that pale skin and that raven hair and those dark eyes alone drive me crazy. :yupyup: Then they have to throw in those outfits  :drool: I saw this one girl with black fish net stockings with holes combat boots those red and black checked kilt kinda of skirts with a tight black and red top with devils horns hair band :love: :drool: come to chaos

SWAMPER

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 790
  • Male Posts: 3,599
  • Member since May '04
  • Semper Fi
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Sep 27, 2004, 07:11:44 AM »
the upside I started getting Gothic chicks :yupyup: :yupyup:

:yumyum: Goth chicks, man their freacks
1985 Toyota Pick/Up longbed...bobbed 15",  lifted 5", 36's.....http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=36992.0

robinhood4x4

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -180
  • Member since Jun '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: Sep 27, 2004, 01:10:26 PM »
1.  Try being a teacher and dealing with punk kids everyday.  They disrespect the teacher, disrupt the class (violating the other students rights to learn) and often physically and verbally intimidate the teachers.  They have to deal with this with increasing frequency each year because parents fail to properly discipline and teach the kids respect.  Teachers are powerless now-a-days.  The bleeding hearts have made it so teachers have no power.  Lawyers waste my tax money by sueing schools because the schools expelled students for cheating.  My friend's mom has been physically threatened by one of her students on more than one occasion.  There's something wrong when that student couldn't be removed the first time.  The title of this thread shouldn't be what's wrong with schools, it should be whats wrong with parents.  People need to take responsibility for their own actions regardless of whether they are minors or not.  Bailing out kids by sending in the lawyers isn't the answer. 

2.  No where in the constitution does it say a person can say anything they want without repurcussions.  The first amendment says the government cannot pass a law prohibiting freedom of speech.  What that means is a swat team can't blow a hole in your door in the middle of the night and make you dissappear just because your country band goes to europe and says that Bush sucks.  It does not mean you can go to europe and say bush sucks and then expect your fans to welcome you back with loving arms.  More likely your CDs will get run over with a tractor or burned. 

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."
« Last Edit: Sep 27, 2004, 05:09:44 PM by robinhood4x4 »
Quote from: cruzila
Well, if the ideal of excluding the lesser equipped (stock or otherwise) is accepted... there is no fundamental difference between that and a Sierra CLub ideal of exclusion. If we cannot embrace the 4wheel users as a whole. We are not fighting for access. I cannot be that shortsighted

SWAMPER

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 790
  • Male Posts: 3,599
  • Member since May '04
  • Semper Fi
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Sep 27, 2004, 01:40:23 PM »
Amen to point #1
1985 Toyota Pick/Up longbed...bobbed 15",  lifted 5", 36's.....http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=36992.0

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Sep 27, 2004, 02:41:59 PM »
When I was in high school, I had a teacher who was threatened as well.  When she reported it, the Administration said that they coudln't do anything unitl she had solid proof.  Apparently having 20 kids hear it isn't good enough.  The next day the kid did it again, talking about how the teacher couldn;t do anything about it and he could do or say whatever he wanted etc. and no one would do anything about it.  At lunch, several students, (myself and some other rugby players)  had a little chat with the student causing the problems.  We didn't touch him, and he wasn't harmed in anyway.  We just explained what would happen if he acted out of turn again.  He reported it, and we got in a lot more trouble than he did, and he didn't even have any witnesses.  But he did start behaving (too bad :()  How is that for a screwed up system???
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

Skinny_Pedal [OP]

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Member since Apr '04
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #39 on: Sep 27, 2004, 05:30:18 PM »
1.  Try being a teacher and dealing with punk kids everyday.  They disrespect the teacher, disrupt the class (violating the other students rights to learn) and often physically and verbally intimidate the teachers.  They have to deal with this with increasing frequency each year because parents fail to properly discipline and teach the kids respect.  Teachers are powerless now-a-days.  The bleeding hearts have made it so teachers have no power.  Lawyers waste my tax money by sueing schools because the schools expelled students for cheating.  My friend's mom has been physically threatened by one of her students on more than one occasion.  There's something wrong when that student couldn't be removed the first time.  The title of this thread shouldn't be what's wrong with schools, it should be whats wrong with parents.  People need to take responsibility for their own actions regardless of whether they are minors or not.  Bailing out kids by sending in the lawyers isn't the answer. 

this may be true. the problem with my friend he was not disrespecting anyone, just asking a simple question and would not get a striaght answer so he got kicked out of class for no reason. then he called here a name. nowhere was there a threat to the teacher. and the official word is he will be back next monday witha totally funked schedual
Im an OG

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Sep 27, 2004, 07:37:29 PM »
well from i heard today they got 2 laywers involved and he will be back by the end of the week

I think the significance this statement went unnoticed. The (wrongfully) over- protective parents bringing in the army of lawyers to protect their "baby" from just retribution.  We’ve turned into a society of professional victims. Parents getting in the way of honest discipline. Regardless of whether the teacher is a pregnant dog or not, she has been charged with teaching an unprepared gaggle of snot nosed pecker heads. If you choose to go up against “The Boss” you should be man enough to suffer the consequences, period. Getting your ass whooped, literally or figuratively, is a humbling experience and as such will prepare you to deal with dorks at every level of life. Everyone will at one time or another will work for a prick, unless you’re the boss (then the people that work for you might be working for a schwanz).   :mad:
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

Skinny_Pedal [OP]

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Member since Apr '04
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #41 on: Sep 27, 2004, 08:03:54 PM »
my mistake i heard wrong. regardless u feel that they should expell a kid and not allow him to finsih high school? either way without the lawyers(my mistake) he will be back monday. so he just went on vacation
Im an OG

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Sep 27, 2004, 08:23:06 PM »
 I think 10 days would be fair...even if there was only 9 days of school left, he could do summer school or come back next year...I did! I was kicked out of school more than you could ever imagine, as a matter of fact my last Principal told my mom that "Mark's not doing us any good and we're not doing him any good...perhaps he should drop out". I was (and still am) a very strong headed individual. If I was told I couldn't...I would show them I could, When they said "you can't"...I would be suspended the next day!
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

Skinny_Pedal [OP]

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Member since Apr '04
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #43 on: Sep 27, 2004, 08:33:07 PM »
 :biggthumpup:. then u of all people shouldnt care what he did
Im an OG

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Sep 27, 2004, 08:50:02 PM »
I don’t care. I've stood up and taken my licks when I choose to buck the system. That's all I'm saying, if you make a comment like that, what do you expect a Do-bee button? Of course they're going to kick you out. Mommy and Daddy shouldn't bail Jr. out when he makes an ass out himself.

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

Skinny_Pedal [OP]

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Member since Apr '04
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #45 on: Sep 27, 2004, 08:54:38 PM »
agreed. 10 days not a problem. EXPELLED was fawking rediculous. that why mommy and daddy got involved. and daddy didnt help by calling the same teacher a b8tch as well
Im an OG

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Sep 27, 2004, 08:57:47 PM »
I don't think you and I are too far apart. If I was the husband of the teacher, I'd smack the crap out of the father.

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

brainlessfool

• It's not my problem if you can't hear the voices too.
  • Turtle Points: 2730
  • Male Posts: 4,207
  • Member since Jun '02
  • drive fast or the devil may get ya
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a cigar
« Reply #47 on: Sep 27, 2004, 09:07:35 PM »
I don't think you and I are too far apart. If I was the husband of the teacher, I'd smack the crap out of the father.

Well glad to see that I was not the only one here to think that as I read it!   :beerchug:
A good day working, that's just sick :reg:

Skinny_Pedal [OP]

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Member since Apr '04
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #48 on: Sep 27, 2004, 09:07:58 PM »
ive seen pics of him. wouldnt have been a good move on his part
Im an OG

robinhood4x4

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -180
  • Member since Jun '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Sep 28, 2004, 09:27:01 AM »
this may be true. the problem with my friend he was not disrespecting anyone, just asking a simple question and would not get a striaght answer so he got kicked out of class for no reason. then he called here a name. nowhere was there a threat to the teacher.

I think there's more to it than that.  For instance, I was out walking the dog one night and some random apt neighbors and I started talking.  This one lady started telling us this story of how an old lady friend of hers was out driving and then some guy followed her and yelled at her for no reason.  Later I got to thinking, why would somebody yell at her for no reason?  She must have done something like cut him off or almost crash into him and whats worse is she didn't even know it.  My point is your friend had to do something to trigger it.  Nothing happens for no reason.  Whatever it was that triggered it might seem minor to you and your friend, but it obviously wasn't for the teacher. 

Well, anyway... :beerchug:

Oh, and a bit OT, but this is something I never understood.  How is a couple day suspension a punishment for a student who doesn't want to be in school anyway?  Does anything else happen?  It goes on their record but so what?  Colleges don't look at it, employers don't look at it.  Is it because they'd have to go to summer school to make it up?
Quote from: cruzila
Well, if the ideal of excluding the lesser equipped (stock or otherwise) is accepted... there is no fundamental difference between that and a Sierra CLub ideal of exclusion. If we cannot embrace the 4wheel users as a whole. We are not fighting for access. I cannot be that shortsighted

Mike D

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 122
  • Male Posts: 1,902
  • Member since Jun '04
  • MMMMMMMMMM........
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #50 on: Sep 28, 2004, 02:30:22 PM »
tastes like chicken :chew:
87 runner, 4" trailmaster lift, 33" TSL/SX, 5.29's V6 e-locker, 22re that cost too much

84runner

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 99
  • Member since Dec '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Sep 30, 2004, 08:26:29 AM »
I got caught up in a little crap my Sophmore year of high school, And my Dad told my your big enough to takeout on the front lawn now. I made sure all my teachers loved me after that.
RUBICON TESTED BIG BALLS APPROVED

79coyotefrg

• Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #52 on: Oct 03, 2004, 07:57:16 AM »

2.  No where in the constitution does it say a person can say anything they want without repurcussions.  The first amendment says the government cannot pass a law prohibiting freedom of speech.  What that means is a swat team can't blow a hole in your door in the middle of the night and make you dissappear just because your country band goes to europe and says that Bush sucks.  It does not mean you can go to europe and say bush sucks and then expect your fans to welcome you back with loving arms.  More likely your CDs will get run over with a tractor or burned. 

point 2 is funny  :bowdown: :yupyup:
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way