Author Topic: what is wrong with schools today?  (Read 8094 times)

Skinny_Pedal

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 89
  • Male Posts: 2,833
  • Member since Apr '04
  • work so I can support my lifestyle
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
what is wrong with schools today?
« on: Sep 18, 2004, 01:41:39 PM »
well my buddie with the 81 thats in the project thread right now........HE GOT EXPELLED FROM SCHOOL! he was suspended for 10 days. then as of friday the school :pokinit: canned him because the teacher thought he was a threat. they just screwed this kid for saying two words that are not threating.  what happened to freedom of speech?
Im an OG

Prismo

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 8330
  • Member since Oct '03
  • Living in the green house
    • View Profile
Re: what is wrong with schools today?
« Reply #1 on: Sep 18, 2004, 02:25:09 PM »
There is no freedom of speech in school. Get used to it buddy. :twocents:
Retired Great White Turtle Hunter
Originally posted by fortysixandtwo – sheesh, you should see the transvestites i sell ammo to sometimes

79coyotefrg

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #2 on: Sep 18, 2004, 05:49:43 PM »
well my buddie with the 81 thats in the project thread right now........HE GOT EXPELLED FROM SCHOOL! he was suspended for 10 days. then as of friday the school :pokinit: canned him because the teacher thought he was a threat. they just screwed this kid for saying two words that are not threating.  what happened to freedom of speech?

i guess that depends on what two words he said  :nonono:
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

SWAMPER

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 790
  • Male Posts: 3,599
  • Member since May '04
  • Semper Fi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sep 18, 2004, 08:38:52 PM »
Well Ill admit they did go a bit too far...but you cant be stupid and imature anymore...school is to learn and while there have fun....but there is such a thing as going too far.....and there is freedom of speech....its just extremely limited  :twocents:
1985 Toyota Pick/Up longbed...bobbed 15",  lifted 5", 36's.....http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=36992.0

Mike D

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 122
  • Male Posts: 1,902
  • Member since Jun '04
  • MMMMMMMMMM........
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #4 on: Sep 18, 2004, 09:45:03 PM »
schools went really up tight after the whole colimbine deal so they have to treat everything as a huge threat.
87 runner, 4" trailmaster lift, 33" TSL/SX, 5.29's V6 e-locker, 22re that cost too much

mudguts

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 1114
  • Member since Mar '04
  • Meat of the Gods
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sep 18, 2004, 09:51:53 PM »
I think there may be a little more to the story.  :psss:
:nerv:                                                                                               :turtle: I love T.I.T.S. :turtle:

Skinny_Pedal [OP]

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Member since Apr '04
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #6 on: Sep 19, 2004, 01:03:55 AM »
yes there is. when they were talking in the hall he had called here a f**king b*tch. then when they had the whole conferense deal his dad looked right at the teacher and said " i think shes a b*tch to." so he got10 days suspended. friday they :pokinit: can him because the teacher thought she was threatened by him. thats the story
Im an OG

79coyotefrg

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sep 19, 2004, 05:18:49 AM »
yes there is. when they were talking in the hall he had called here a f**king b*tch. then when they had the whole conferense deal his dad looked right at the teacher and said " i think shes a b*tch to." so he got10 days suspended. friday they :pokinit: can him because the teacher thought she was threatened by him. thats the story

:smack: i guess i'm getting old,  when i was in Highschool, :working: my english teacher was a supreme pregnant dog,  :wall:  but we all new if we called her a pregnant dog the principal would  get his 3 foot paddle with holes in it and and show us what the BOARD of education was for   :moon: :nerv: then when you got home and Dad found out you had said such a word to a teacher  :moon: X 10  :headshake: :rivers:
of course that was back befor  kids decided to use there teachers and classmates for target practice  :aaa: :headshake:   Columbine and and Jonesboro and all the others changed that forever , :idea:  hmm maybe theres a connection with those two things
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

brainlessfool

• It's not my problem if you can't hear the voices too.
  • Turtle Points: 2730
  • Male Posts: 4,207
  • Member since Jun '02
  • drive fast or the devil may get ya
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a cigar
« Reply #8 on: Sep 19, 2004, 07:42:48 AM »
That's about the way I remember it too Glen (The dad thing too!)  :smack:
A good day working, that's just sick :reg:

brainlessfool

• It's not my problem if you can't hear the voices too.
  • Turtle Points: 2730
  • Male Posts: 4,207
  • Member since Jun '02
  • drive fast or the devil may get ya
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a cigar
« Reply #9 on: Sep 19, 2004, 07:44:42 AM »
Maybe we need a companyon thread here called "What's wrong with kids today!"
       :circle:   :yupyup:    :psss:    :nonono:    :eyebrow:    :chew:
A good day working, that's just sick :reg:

KYOTA

• Turtle Points: 1759
  • Member since Jan '04
  • Wreckin Ball '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sep 19, 2004, 07:48:40 AM »
Thats how it was when I was in school too  :spank:

79coyotefrg

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sep 19, 2004, 08:04:10 AM »
Maybe we need a companyon thread here called "What's wrong with kids today!"
       :circle:   :yupyup:    :psss:    :nonono:    :eyebrow:    :chew:

too much "oh hes just a little boy"   :love:

and not enough " :nonono: bend over and grap your ankles"   :moon: :bash:

KYOTA

• Turtle Points: 1759
  • Member since Jan '04
  • Wreckin Ball '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sep 19, 2004, 08:10:14 AM »
"Son, this is gonna hurt me more than its gonna hurt you"    :o

79coyotefrg

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sep 19, 2004, 08:13:25 AM »
:smack: oh the memories 

SWAMPER

• Member since May '04
  • Semper Fi
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sep 19, 2004, 01:07:07 PM »
Oh gosh I remember the stories of the principle being able to hit the students....I bearly missed that age but my dad still belived in "spanking" ha I wish I would have gotten spanked...those belts stung a bit more  :nerv:
1985 Toyota Pick/Up longbed...bobbed 15",  lifted 5", 36's.....http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=36992.0

79coyotefrg

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sep 19, 2004, 03:41:53 PM »
Oh gosh I remember the stories of the principle being able to hit the students....I bearly missed that age but my dad still belived in "spanking" ha I wish I would have gotten spanked...those belts stung a bit more  :nerv:

well not "hit"  the kids, but paddle :moon:      actually thats why they cant anymore cause alot of them thought they could beat the holy hell out of kids for chewing gum in class,  my older brother had a teacher smack his hand several times with a ruler, they were wood back then :smack: little wippersnappers,  because he fell asleep,  but unfortunately he is and always has been "momma's baby" and my mom is a red head,  need i say more  :yupyup:

79coyotefrg

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sep 19, 2004, 03:43:52 PM »
 :dunno: any hoo,   86runner did you get anything done on the project at school or are they going to expell the truck too??
« Last Edit: Sep 19, 2004, 10:04:00 PM by BigMike »

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sep 19, 2004, 04:51:22 PM »

Yes siree, I always hated hearing that line...you just knew, no good was going to come of it!
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

Skinny_Pedal [OP]

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Member since Apr '04
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #18 on: Sep 19, 2004, 05:34:49 PM »
tomarrow were gonna take the plasma and torch the unholy hell out of it. the fenders got cut and half of the front spring hanger is gone. but tomarrow we'll finally beable to use the plasma :sly:. i talked to gary last nigth and he claims he will be back by the end of the week. the parents are appealing it and what not
Im an OG

SWAMPER

• Member since May '04
  • Semper Fi
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sep 19, 2004, 07:14:44 PM »

well not "hit"  the kids, but paddle :moon:      actually thats why they cant anymore cause alot of them thought they could beat the holy hell out of kids for chewing gum in class,  my older brother had a teacher smack his hand several times with a ruler, they were wood back then :smack: little wippersnappers,  because he fell asleep,  but unfortunately he is and always has been "momma's baby" and my mom is a red head,  need i say more  :yupyup:

Oh yeah I just remembered that in kinder my teacher hit me on the hands with the ruler...dont remember why but I remember she did....

BigMike

• Administrator
  • Turtle Points: 2158
  • Male Posts: 18,292
  • Member since Apr '02
  • 511:1 Club
    • View Profile
    • Bone-Stock Plane-Jane 1981 Shortbed Pickup
« Reply #20 on: Sep 19, 2004, 10:08:44 PM »
School's starting to become a pain in the rear for me too. This semester I found out that I was added to a summer session class that I never attended, and before I can pay for my fall classes I have to first pay for the summer class. So I wrote a letter, one week later they refused it and said I have to pay it. What the hell? I never took it you dumb donkey! Plus I personally know the teacher from the class and he said he will help me out when I go talk to the dean sometime this week. Its so obvious, but now because of the complicated :bull crap: paper work, it will take more than a month to clear -- which means that I have to pay up front for that incorrect class, then pay for my current fall classes, and then later sometime in Oct or Nov they will refund me for the incorrect class, that is "if I can prove I didnt take it"

dang. Its a no brainer. Ive got the teacher to back me up, but what a waste of freak'n time. Oh btw, the class is just shy of 2 bills, so for me + my project truck, that's a lot of cash that I dont really have at the moment..

86: sorry about your friend, thats wacked. Hopefully he will get reinstated and maybe they are doing this just to "Show to the other students" how not to act, but then they will let him back in. But its a warning for the other kids. Man.

If you want to see how children these days are acting, jus check this out: http://www.seanism.com/dlarea/?action=watch&id=115

Well at least kids from the hood  :afro2:
« Last Edit: Sep 19, 2004, 10:12:08 PM by BigMike »
Check out our new Rock Crawling Videos!
2016 56-speed 580:1 Tacoma Rock Crawler   
1981 36-speed 511:1 3RZ-FE Rock Crawler
1987 6-speed Supercharged 4A-GZE MR2
Instagram: @SlowestTacoma
Things are only impossible until they are not.
"The worst of both worlds, the best of neither." -abnormaltoy
"An informed question. But difficult to answer. I am what you see." -Nanaki

SWAMPER

• Member since May '04
  • Semper Fi
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sep 20, 2004, 06:26:39 AM »
Haha funny video

That kid sounds like you Mike  :yupyup:

Mike D

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Jun '04
  • MMMMMMMMMM........
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #22 on: Sep 20, 2004, 02:32:12 PM »
 :funny: :laugh:
87 runner, 4" trailmaster lift, 33" TSL/SX, 5.29's V6 e-locker, 22re that cost too much

Skinny_Pedal [OP]

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Member since Apr '04
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #23 on: Sep 20, 2004, 05:00:01 PM »
well from i heard today they got 2 laywers involved and he will be back by the end of the week
Im an OG

BigMike

• Administrator
  • Turtle Points: 2158
  • Male Posts: 18,292
  • Member since Apr '02
  • 511:1 Club
    • View Profile
    • Bone-Stock Plane-Jane 1981 Shortbed Pickup
« Reply #24 on: Sep 20, 2004, 05:02:46 PM »
BigMike >  :trout: < LILSWAMPY
Check out our new Rock Crawling Videos!
2016 56-speed 580:1 Tacoma Rock Crawler   
1981 36-speed 511:1 3RZ-FE Rock Crawler
1987 6-speed Supercharged 4A-GZE MR2
Instagram: @SlowestTacoma
Things are only impossible until they are not.
"The worst of both worlds, the best of neither." -abnormaltoy
"An informed question. But difficult to answer. I am what you see." -Nanaki

Mike D

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Jun '04
  • MMMMMMMMMM........
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #25 on: Sep 20, 2004, 05:56:02 PM »
now you can finish his truck

Dark Chaos

• Marlin Crawler
  • I used to Crawl. I still do, but I used to, too.
« Reply #26 on: Sep 26, 2004, 09:53:26 AM »
Freedom of speech in schools my ASS. I had this hippy pregnant dog art teacher (who I think was a man but DR kill patient must have been drunk when he was doing the surgery) wanted the class to do an art project at home, on anything we wanted and then write a story about it for the art fair. This was before Columbine and all of the other craziness. I love Horror and Sci-fi movies and books. So I made a tree in and in this tree was bunch of pipe cleaner people impaled. Which was representing all the different people colors of the human race. I had pipe cleaner people body parts stick out of the ground. It was awesome with three green pipe cleaner people hovering above my tree. My story was about the aliens from the Kecksburg crash, escaped their captures a little bit pissed  after discovering there leader was dissected and starting disemboweling humans as revenge. I unveiled my project, almost immediately being escorted out of the fair. The following Monday did not even make to homeroom the principal wanted me in his office ASAP To make a long story I had to make a new project, write an apologize to the entire school for such a grotesque display of art and anti human relations a weeks vacation I mean suspension and I got to know the schools guidance councilor and psychologist on a first name bases. When they called my parents in for a group meeting my parents were shocked on how petty the school district was. The down side no more cheerleads for Dark :rivers: the upside I started getting Gothic chicks :yupyup: :yupyup:

79coyotefrg

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: Sep 26, 2004, 04:17:24 PM »
 :smack: uh  oh never mind  :headshake:

lowgeared

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: -1
  • Male Posts: 556
  • Member since Oct '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Sep 26, 2004, 04:57:01 PM »
Goth chicks rule.
Friends help you move.  Real friends help you move bodies.

Skinny_Pedal [OP]

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Member since Apr '04
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #29 on: Sep 26, 2004, 04:59:16 PM »
u guys got me there
Im an OG