Author Topic: obama, freeking retard  (Read 44688 times)

subliminaltrips

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -1
  • Member since Sep '06
    • View Profile
Re: obama, freeking retard
« Reply #390 on: Nov 09, 2008, 08:22:16 AM »
also if you wanna be technical 8 years ago bush won the electorial college vote but lost the popular vote....

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0876793.html

kind of goes back to the three fifths compromise.... only now race isnt what is oppressed.....

WHITE_TRASH

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 679
  • Member since Feb '03
  • Don't blame me, I didn't vote for this crap.
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: Nov 09, 2008, 08:46:31 AM »
I love it when the electoral college is explained as being a more fair way to vote than by popular vote... Uhhh... Unless you have a rogue electoral college they always vote with the people in that state.  I hear that the electoral college keeps the candidates from just going to the major populations centers and campaigning there and ignoring the lesser populated states.....   Funny but if you have more electoral votes that automatically means you have a higher population..   I never saw a candidate here in eastern WA as we have literally NO voice anywhere in the national govt....  We end up with dems or rino's in every national seat that get voted in by the west side...  Kinda makes me wonder why I vote every chance i get..  :eek:
Full hydro, 186:1 with an auto and 44's what could go wrong??

subliminaltrips

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Sep '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: Nov 09, 2008, 08:48:38 AM »
i felt the same when i voted for gore

WHITE_TRASH

• Member since Feb '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: Nov 09, 2008, 09:02:19 AM »
Well if you liked gore you'll LOVE having RFK jr as the head of the EPA in the new administration...  He's an econazi's wet dream.  :-\

subliminaltrips

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Sep '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: Nov 09, 2008, 09:23:51 AM »
as much as i hate the epa , i am glad it exists. i dont think they are nazi's because we all need to do our part to conserve the land. i mean alot of laws suck but immagine if they didnt exist, we would have people dumping whatever wherever. the more i think about it though the more i realize that no matter what laws you have there are still dipsticks that throw their trash out in the ditch (like in my neighborhood). whats even more messed up is my neighborhood is %75 black but the people i saw dumping trash were white.... not that this is a racial discussion but on alot of other bbs it has been.

WHITE_TRASH

• Member since Feb '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: Nov 09, 2008, 09:33:43 AM »
I'm all for taking care of the land but when the econazi's go to the extent of shutting down land because of an "endangered" plant or spider etc that is just plain retarded....  Species die and new ones take their place what i so hard to understand?

As far as companies polluting sure, there are some rogue ones out there but for the most part all those hoops they force companies to jump through do nothing but cost money for the most part...   They put a new bridge in my home town a few years ago.  The river is pretty nasty, it always has been..  But when they were pouring the footings they had a wall around them to keep the water out.  The water they pumped out had to go into a filter system, then a settling pond and be tested before they were allowed to put it back into the river.....  WTF was that all about...  They weren't doing anything that'd pollute the river so wtf was the problem?  The EPA mandated it so they had to do it which drove up the costs of the bridge to the tax payer... Typical govt bs.

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: Nov 09, 2008, 10:21:44 AM »
as much as i hate the epa , i am glad it exists. i dont think they are nazi's because we all need to do our part to conserve the land. i mean alot of laws suck but immagine if they didnt exist, we would have people dumping whatever wherever. the more i think about it though the more i realize that no matter what laws you have there are still dipsticks that throw their trash out in the ditch (like in my neighborhood). whats even more messed up is my neighborhood is %75 black but the people i saw dumping trash were white.... not that this is a racial discussion but on alot of other bbs it has been.

I will again state my case for smaller government...there IS NO force for change greater than peer pressure from everyday people. I think the EPA is at the very least unconstitutional (unelected legislators) at the very best it has cost billions, if not trillions, of dollars to do things that could have and should have been taken care of at the State level...in court. There is nothing...nothing that the Federal government does more efficiently than the private sector, except that which is clearly mandated in the Constitution. The closer We the People are to the seat of power in government the better. The Federal government was set up so that the highest office a citizen could vote for was your representative in the House...because they are closest to us and have the most access. The founders wanted most of what is now bungled by the feds to handled in each state...even if they handled similar situations completely differently. 

Again, I suggest everyone read the 10th Amendment...it clearly shows the framer's intent for small government. Also I suggest reading the Federalist Papers. For some insight to how the Left works...read Rules for Radicals.

The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

WHITE_TRASH

• Member since Feb '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: Nov 09, 2008, 10:54:02 AM »
There is nothing...nothing that the Federal government does more efficiently than the private sector

Sorry but I'm going to have to disagree with you on that point very strongly.  The govt can blow our money faster than a crack sleeper at wal-mart... :greengrin:

Saul Alinsky??  You've been paying attention to all those right wing jut jobs again haven't you?  Good on you.

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: Nov 09, 2008, 11:49:56 AM »

Sorry but I'm going to have to disagree with you on that point very strongly.  The govt can blow our money faster than a crack sleeper at wal-mart... :greengrin:
   :therethere:

Saul Alinsky??  You've been paying attention to all those right wing jut jobs again haven't you?  Good on you.

Actually...I used to have the book as well as The Anarchists Cookbook. You always want to know how the other side thinks and his tactics.

I am a lifetime right winger. Now we can finally use all those clever sayings the left uses...against them! Question authority, Rage against the machine, Power to the people...you get the idea.  :wiggle:
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

WHITE_TRASH

• Member since Feb '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: Nov 09, 2008, 11:56:57 AM »
You'll get no argument from me... I'm branded as a right winger all the time... I listen to left wing talk radio sometimes when I am feeling down..  Talk about a pick me up, holy cow those people are frighteningly retarded and the worst part is they truly believe the crap that they espouse upon endlessly!   :o

I have a buddy that has the anarchist cookbook... I should see if he still has it, I remember reading about a lot fo fun devices in there...  :greengrin:

Toymin8r

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 50
  • Male Posts: 929
  • Member since Dec '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: Nov 09, 2008, 04:21:24 PM »
I found out a bit of interesting info the other day.    The Kennedy's were amongst the first Democrats to support Barack Obama and I have heard rumors that some of them may serve on his staff.    Well, everyone knows about Obama's associations with Bill Ayres, the self proclaimed marxist Anarchist that bombed the pentagon.  The interesting thing is is that Bill Ayres wrote a book several years ago and he deidicated it to Sirhan Sirhan.  For those of you who don't know who Sirhan Sirhan is he is the guy who assassinated Robert Kennedy back in the 60's
YOU ONLY NEED TWO TOOLS IN LIFE - WD-40 AND DUCT TAPE. IF IT DOESN'T MOVE
AND SHOULD, USE THE WD-40. IF IT SHOULDN'T MOVE AND DOES, USE THE DUCT TAPE.

IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU HAVE AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.

BeccaLoo24 – i can toss grown men.... so dont doubt me

WHITE_TRASH

• Member since Feb '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: Nov 09, 2008, 04:44:55 PM »
That shouldn't surprise anyone.. the Kennedy's are just a bunch of high brow far left wing idiots....  The only two worth a crap got killed yet the worst one of the group lived through brain cancer go figure....    ::)

Dr.Maxwe001

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: -23
  • Male Posts: 627
  • Member since Jan '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: Nov 10, 2008, 06:17:05 AM »
I just herd this morning that obama is going to stop stem cell reserch and that he is going to see just "how much" power he has already and is going to reverse president bushes decision. about some things and he is also about to begin pulling troops out of the middle east.

I looked in walmart for a set of waiders but they had all sold out I guess I am just gona have to go through this :pokinit: with my pants rolled up
IF YOUR LOOKING OUT THE FRONT OF YOUR 4X4 AND YOU CANT SEE THEN JUST TURN ON YOUR WIPERS. BUT THEN THINGS GET ALL MESSED UP LIKE IN LIFE.

WHEN YOU GET TO THE END OF YOUR ROPE JUST THINK THAT ALONG TIME AGO  YOU WERE THE FASTEST LITTLE SWIMMER TO THE EGG

08:55:22 PM BeccaLoo24 – i like to screw things

$99 scratch and dent drill press has drilled more holes than Ron Jeremy.

http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=48342.0

[img]http://bo

46&2

• Hillbilly
  • Turtle Points: 8
  • Male Posts: 4,834
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: Nov 10, 2008, 11:24:31 AM »
I looked in walmart for a set of waiders but they had all sold out I guess I am just gona have to go through this :pokinit: with my pants rolled up

Haha
85 4Runner Build  /  Cool Foreign Toyotas  /  Toyota: We Want Diesel FB Page    Rockcrawlintoy – i guess moms will put the pups up on the beach when they go fisting

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: Nov 10, 2008, 02:36:50 PM »
I just herd this morning that obama is going to stop stem cell reserch and that he is going to see just "how much" power he has already and is going to reverse president bushes decision. about some things and he is also about to begin pulling troops out of the middle east.

Its the other way around.  He's going to rush into stem cell research full force.  He's already talking about making a few Executive Orders, concerning both stem cell research and drilling for oil in both Utah and offshore.  My guess is that he's pushing the envelope right out of the gate to see how much he can get away with.  Its been common to use EOs to establish priorities and the stance of the next president's term.  I'm curious to see how far he goes with them.
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory?id=6218423
http://www.buffalonews.com/180/story/489279.html

« Last Edit: Nov 10, 2008, 03:01:02 PM by BLACKDOG »
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: Nov 10, 2008, 07:07:15 PM »
Saw this over on pirate.  Thought it was pretty cool/funny.  Felt I'd bring it over here :gap:

Remember, remember, this fourth of November,
The radicals’ treasonous plot.
I know of no reason the radicals’ treason
Should e’er be forgiv’n or forgot.
The Sixties were waning, and Leftists were claiming
That radical changes were due.
Their Marxist solution was armed revolution:
The Weathermen made their debut.
The radicals raged on the national stage, and
Horrific explosions ensued.
Their bombs were dramatic, but also erratic;
They sometimes killed radicals, too.
The Leftists grew older, the underground, colder,
And so they came in from the cold.
“Subvert from within – in the long run, we’ll win,” said
The Leftists, determined and bold.
And thus it began – this nefarious plan – and
The radicals slowly took charge:
Complete infiltration of all education;
The long institutional march.
The journalist schools would produce useful fools, for
The Left would need media shills.
And Hollywood, too, would assist in the coup, with
Its slick propagandizing skills.
“Community action” would build a new faction;
’Twould organize proles on the street.
A smooth politician would front for the mission,
And run for the president’s seat.
The radicals’ goal, which they proudly extol, is
A communist U.S. of A.
Collectivist schemes lead to brutal regimes, and
For this do the radicals pray.
But Jefferson’s aim, with the Charters he framed, was
To guard individual rights.
And “redistribution” was not a solution,
But one of the evils to fight.
So let us remember, this fourth of November,
Just what is at stake on this date.
Will Jefferson’s dream, or the radicals’ scheme, now
Determine America’s fate?
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

Stocker

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 962
  • Male Posts: 173
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Since 1977
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: Nov 10, 2008, 07:57:21 PM »
I try to keep my nose -- and my opinions -- out of discussions concerning politics or religion.

But damn, Jason...  that's good!  :thumbs:   

And laced with waaaay too much truth....   :outtahere:
My goal in life is to be as a good a person as my dog already thinks I am.

If you don't learn something every day, you're not paying attention.

Dr.Maxwe001

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: -23
  • Male Posts: 627
  • Member since Jan '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: Nov 11, 2008, 05:48:32 AM »
X2 Blackdog
IF YOUR LOOKING OUT THE FRONT OF YOUR 4X4 AND YOU CANT SEE THEN JUST TURN ON YOUR WIPERS. BUT THEN THINGS GET ALL MESSED UP LIKE IN LIFE.

WHEN YOU GET TO THE END OF YOUR ROPE JUST THINK THAT ALONG TIME AGO  YOU WERE THE FASTEST LITTLE SWIMMER TO THE EGG

08:55:22 PM BeccaLoo24 – i like to screw things

$99 scratch and dent drill press has drilled more holes than Ron Jeremy.

http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=48342.0

[img]http://bo

germ

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 349
  • Male Posts: 733
  • Member since Dec '04
  • Work sucks, I'm goin' wheelin
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: Nov 14, 2008, 10:33:04 AM »
The radicals slowly took charge:
Complete infiltration of all education;
The long institutional march.
The journalist schools would produce useful fools, for
The Left would need media shills.
And Hollywood, too, would assist in the coup, with
Its slick propagandizing skills.

The most accurate representation of what has been going on. Catch them when they are young, indoctrinate them, and keep sending the message thru their icons. Pretty scary stuff, but it's what's been goin on since the late 60's

Erik
* Regardless of what happens, someone will find a way to take it too seriously.
* 2% rule: Must be 2% smarter than what your working on.
* If you make something even a fool can use, only a fool will use it.
* I've been crapping in the woods longer than lil'buddy has been alive!

germ

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 349
  • Male Posts: 733
  • Member since Dec '04
  • Work sucks, I'm goin' wheelin
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: Nov 14, 2008, 11:09:36 AM »
Unless you have a rogue electoral college they always vote with the people in that state.

True to a point. I believe the basic problem with the electoral college is that with the exception of 2 states (can't recall which ones right now), if the majority of the electoral college votes Dem, then the rest of the votes go Dem. Doesn't really follow the voice of the population. For example, in good ole Cali, we have 55 electoral college votes. If you look at the voting maps for the state, only a few vote dem, and the others vote Rep. Because the counties that vote Rep are very small, and don't have as many EC votes, the majority goes to the Dems, and as a state rule, the rest of the votes go with the majority. So if you can get 28 EC votes, you automatically get all 55.

I believe that it would be a better representation of the popular vote if the EC were able to vote according to the popular vote, and you could split the 55 votes into 30 Dem and 25 Rep. I think it would create a much more realistic view of the population and give people the sense that their vote actually counted for something. I get very discouraged when I vote for the president, knowing that I'm essentially wasting my time, 'cause the EC is going to go with the folks who live in the bigger cities. I also think it would force the candidates to "stump" a bit in the smaller areas.

Abnormaltoy
I will again state my case for smaller government...there IS NO force for change greater than peer pressure from everyday people. I think the EPA is at the very least unconstitutional (unelected legislators) at the very best it has cost billions, if not trillions, of dollars to do things that could have and should have been taken care of at the State level...in court. There is nothing...nothing that the Federal government does more efficiently than the private sector, except that which is clearly mandated in the Constitution.

Once again, you've hit the nail on the head. They are unelected, and are given the power to mandate law, which is unconstitutional. They also have the power to bring penalties to scofflaws. Its almost like a mini-govt within the govt. What is also unfortunate is that they are not held to the same scrutiny as "public officials", and can't be voted out.

Erik
* Regardless of what happens, someone will find a way to take it too seriously.
* 2% rule: Must be 2% smarter than what your working on.
* If you make something even a fool can use, only a fool will use it.
* I've been crapping in the woods longer than lil'buddy has been alive!