Author Topic: Anyone watch the presidential debates last night?  (Read 1348 times)

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
Anyone watch the presidential debates last night?
« on: Sep 27, 2008, 09:24:48 AM »
Anyone watch the debates last night?  What'd you think?
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

brainlessfool

• It's not my problem if you can't hear the voices too.
  • Turtle Points: 2730
  • Male Posts: 4,207
  • Member since Jun '02
  • drive fast or the devil may get ya
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a cigar
 I was disappointed. would have liked to seen McCain rip his head off and  :pokinit: down his throat
A good day working, that's just sick :reg:

BLACKDOG [OP]

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
I was disappointed. would have liked to seen McCain rip his head off and  :pokinit: down his throat

:rofl:

I was disappointed at the results.  What little I watched (had a call right in the middle of it)  McCain was winning, but the CNN polls said that he lost all 3 sections.  Of course, those were preliminary polls, with a margin of error of 4.5%  :shake:  and in 2 of the 3 sections, McCain lost by 2% or so.  But of course the margin of error # was little tiny and in the bottom corner of the screen.
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

94MtnYote

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 6
  • Member since Oct '07
  • - 94 std cab-
    • View Profile

The simple fact is that mcCain is just too old. and after three or four bouts with melanoma? Melanoma  can easily spread to other parts of the body, it would be a gamble allowing him to lead the our country.
If Mccain were to die we'd be stuck with Palin, aside from not being qualified to lead us, she can hardly form a clear sentence.

Ha funny, too bad McCain can barely lift his arms...
« Last Edit: Sep 27, 2008, 10:50:16 AM by durtyota »
22RE .30 over, mild cam, K&N, LCE header, 2.25'' pipe, high flow cat, Magnaflow.
 Marlin 1200LB clutch

no substitute for 4wheel drive.

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
Eh was boring, no slam-dunk. Everyone expected Obama to out debate McCain but I did notice one important thing that Obama just didn't understand. :gap:

If you compare what was said and the responses there were things that Obama responded to and stood his ground on his opinion, and McCain would point out that he didn't understand. Then on numerous occasions Obama would say McCain was right, to me it shows that McCain does understand more that Obama. Also it seems that Obama can't remember McCain's first name since he called him by almost every other name with a J. I'd hate to have someone in office that can't remember the name of the person he is currently talking with.
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
I saw what I see any time a democrat opens their mouth.  They................... uhhhhhhhhh................. welllllllllllllll................... can't.................. ummmmmmmmmmmm..................... think of wtf to say, then when he collected himself he started talking in circles without really giving a solid answer. 

I also noticed mccain lock up a couple times, but his recoveries were quicker and more concise.  He did point out that obamer didn't understand, and at least a few times I felt he was completely correct.  I say a few times because I heard him say it a couple times while I was outside tending to the bbq and didn't catch what he was referring to.

And people, the liberla media mainly, mentioning mccain's age are doing it in an attempt to pull attention away from real issues or experience... smoke and mirrors so the weak willed will be distracted by a non-issue and ignore what's important.  So he'll be 76 when his first term is over, so what  :dunno: 
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

brainlessfool

• It's not my problem if you can't hear the voices too.
  • Turtle Points: 2730
  • Male Posts: 4,207
  • Member since Jun '02
  • drive fast or the devil may get ya
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a cigar
Did you see his mother at the convention? dang for 96 she looked good.  :hitit:

if thats the tree he fell from I'd say all the fuss about his age it bull :pokinit:
A good day working, that's just sick :reg: