Author Topic: presidential election  (Read 3303 times)

Doof

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 41
  • Male Posts: 3,205
  • Member since Apr '07
  • establised summer of 89
    • View Profile
presidential election
« on: Oct 21, 2007, 06:26:26 PM »
im watching the republican debate right now and observing...since i can vote in the next election i was just wondering who is leaning towards a certain canidate

and who are you for sure not gunna vote for

for me a no go is mrs clinton....what about you all?

kneedownnate

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
Re: presidential election
« Reply #1 on: Oct 21, 2007, 06:35:06 PM »
The only candidate I'm definately not going to vote for is :insert name of any democrat here: , otherwise I'm completely open :gap:  I like my guns, I like my rights and I like a government that remembers they work FOR us, or as close to that as you can get here.
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

Doof [OP]

• Member since Apr '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Oct 21, 2007, 06:39:40 PM »
The only candidate I'm definately not going to vote for is :insert name of any democrat here: , otherwise I'm completely open :gap:  I like my guns, I like my rights and I like a government that remembers they work FOR us, or as close to that as you can get here.

lol nice.....i dont know which party to register for but im leaning republican from the debate i just watched they have a lot of the same views and ideas i do

Hammerhead

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 100
  • Male Posts: 564
  • Member since Nov '04
  • Junkyard Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Oct 21, 2007, 07:46:34 PM »
It's really quite simple...

If you support communism then you vote Democrat.

It's that easy.
'82 pickup, +3, locked, doubled
'82 pickup, IFS long travel, V8
'85 4runner, V8 rock crawler
'88 X-cab, V6

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Oct 21, 2007, 08:40:54 PM »
Nice!
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Oct 21, 2007, 08:48:38 PM »
:thumbs: I'm with hammerhead and kneedownnate :thumbs:

ABNORMAL TOY FOR PRESIDENT!!!!
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

brainlessfool

• It's not my problem if you can't hear the voices too.
  • Turtle Points: 2730
  • Male Posts: 4,207
  • Member since Jun '02
  • drive fast or the devil may get ya
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a cigar
« Reply #6 on: Oct 21, 2007, 09:15:03 PM »
I'm voting for ... ME! as a write in!
A good day working, that's just sick :reg:

red

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 199
  • Male Posts: 1,616
  • Member since Jan '05
  • irish redhead texan, interesting combo
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #7 on: Oct 21, 2007, 10:57:23 PM »
It's really quite simple...

If you support communism then you vote Democrat.

It's that easy.
:yesnod:
look at their views and plans for what they want to do while in office. Hitlery wants socialized health care and points to Canada as her example. yes look at Canada and speak to Canadians about their health care IT SUCKS!!! average wait time to have an operation done or specialized health care is 1 1/2-2 years, this includes incidents such as needed major heart surgery, spinal injury, etc. things that most of the time you cannot afford to wait that kinda time, because you will probably be dead or suffering from permanent damage.

democrats dont want civilians to own guns because they cause violence (their statement). if guns cause violence i can blame misspelled words on my pencil (larry the cable guy said that)! yes gun control works, look at how britians and australia's violent crime rates skyrocketed when gun control was passed (and still phenominally high with no signs of slowing down). look  at 2 countries that had complete gun control with a controling government, Germany and Russia during WWII. what happened here? oh nothing, Hitler just slaughtered millions of people and Stalin did the same, you know not that it matters, its in the past and was done by crazy people (what democrats want you to believe, that it could never happen again). personally, they can have my guns after they pry them from my cold dead fingers. alot of democrats claim that the 2nd amendment to the constitution is relating to the national guard. funny, i guess the forefathers could predict the future that there would be a national guard since it wasnt created until over 130 years later.

many democrats dont want the border closed because illegals provide a cheap source of labor for farmers. average pay of illegals doing farm work is 10 dollars per hour. farmer can use "chain gangs" from the prison system, the good behavior cons, at .10 cents per hour with 1 guard for every 10 cons being payed an average of 18 dollars per hour. so 10 illegals would be 100 dollars an hour, and 10 cons and 1 guard would be 19 dollars an hour. which is cheaper and has the added bonus of reducing the prison population because they are no longer getting a free ride?
read and comment :whip:

USAF EOD tech

LOL @ IFS

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 292
  • Member since Dec '06
  • Not so common common sense.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Oct 22, 2007, 06:26:49 AM »
Red = my sentiments exactly. 

Hammerhead

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 100
  • Male Posts: 564
  • Member since Nov '04
  • Junkyard Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Oct 22, 2007, 08:47:11 AM »
'82 pickup, +3, locked, doubled
'82 pickup, IFS long travel, V8
'85 4runner, V8 rock crawler
'88 X-cab, V6

te51levin

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 130
  • Member since Jan '07
  • Grumpy, but pretty good at it
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Oct 22, 2007, 11:11:27 AM »
Maybe I'm the only one here, but I don't have a lot of faith in any candidate to get much right, ESPECIALLY those who make it clear that they are basically a mindless mouthpiece for a political party - ANY political party, Republican, Democrat, Libertarian, NAMBLA, or other.  I think I agree with most of you guys on most political issues, but I don't think blindly voting for the tallest Republican with the best-backed ad campaign is going to net us the best leader.  Republicans are not the universal good guys and Democrats are not the universal bad guys.  It's just not that simple.

The two-party system in this country is a bad joke, and until people start voting for the best candidate and not just picking sides in a two-party mudfest, it won't get any better.  Unfortunately, what we do every year is vote to keep the guy we like least OUT of office, which means nobody but the most popular Democrat and the most popular Republican stand a snowball's chance of getting elected.  The choice we are left with is usually between a giant jerk and a turd sandwich.

Frankly there isn't much chance that a giant jerk or turd sandwich will do anything that benefits me or the citizens of this country (or any other) significantly, so I plan on "throwing away my vote" and voting for the candidate whom I feel is best qualified, best equipped, and/or most aligned with my political views.  Crazy, I know, but *if* enough people did the same thing, we could get away from the current jerk-and-turd system.

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Oct 22, 2007, 11:33:41 AM »
Maybe I'm the only one here, but I don't have a lot of faith in any candidate to get much right, ESPECIALLY those who make it clear that they are basically a mindless mouthpiece for a political party - ANY political party, Republican, Democrat, Libertarian, NAMBLA, or other.  I think I agree with most of you guys on most political issues, but I don't think blindly voting for the tallest Republican with the best-backed ad campaign is going to net us the best leader.  Republicans are not the universal good guys and Democrats are not the universal bad guys.  It's just not that simple.

The two-party system in this country is a bad joke, and until people start voting for the best candidate and not just picking sides in a two-party mudfest, it won't get any better.  Unfortunately, what we do every year is vote to keep the guy we like least OUT of office, which means nobody but the most popular Democrat and the most popular Republican stand a snowball's chance of getting elected.  The choice we are left with is usually between a giant jerk and a turd sandwich.

Frankly there isn't much chance that a giant jerk or turd sandwich will do anything that benefits me or the citizens of this country (or any other) significantly, so I plan on "throwing away my vote" and voting for the candidate whom I feel is best qualified, best equipped, and/or most aligned with my political views.  Crazy, I know, but *if* enough people did the same thing, we could get away from the current jerk-and-turd system.

X10 except most people are sheep and don't try to find out for themselves who is the best candidate. They allow the media, or their favorite talking head tell them who is the best candidate to vote for.

I am registered as NPA - No Party Affilliate - you don't HAVE to register as a party, but then you can't vote in the primaries if that is important to you.
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

red

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Jan '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #12 on: Oct 22, 2007, 11:46:25 AM »
i agree. most candidates are just puppets for whoever provides them with the most finances. will any of the likely republican candidates do a thing about closing the border or progressing the production of alternative fuels that we already know how to make? no. they will talk a big game but once elected wont do anything for fear of not being politically correct. thats one of the big things i like about tom tancredo. he wants to secure the borders and isnt afraid to state what he believes. bush is a puppet for oil companies (i used to live in his old hometown, trust me he's in bed with oil) as are most of the politicians. they may go out and say that the war in iraq was not about oil, but look at how rich they've become since the war started and oil prices skyrocketed. they may claim that they are like the common people and that we should reduce our oil and energy consumption. i wanna see these people fly using commercial airlines or travel as a passanger on a military transport that was already schedualed to leave at that time to that destination (like how airlines are). they claim they take their private jets to be safe because their politicians. they wanna fly safe, fly southwest or military. almost every politician believes in "do as i say not as i do". they dont represent those that vote for them, they dont listen to them. those few who do stand almost no chance of getting to office to have their voice heard.

USAF EOD tech

bigarms23

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 111
  • Male Posts: 2,897
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Oct 22, 2007, 12:18:44 PM »
Yeah i dont really know who i am going to vote for i am kinda neutral but i am leaning towards Fred Thompson but i dont know for sure
88 4runner 92 cpi duals 37 radial rockers and 4.8 coming soon

46&2

• Hillbilly
  • Turtle Points: 8
  • Male Posts: 4,834
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Oct 22, 2007, 12:54:27 PM »

I agree. This has been my method of going about the elections since I turned 18. Either way I feel a little more possitive about this election over the last, though not by much.
85 4Runner Build  /  Cool Foreign Toyotas  /  Toyota: We Want Diesel FB Page    Rockcrawlintoy – i guess moms will put the pups up on the beach when they go fisting

Doof [OP]

• Member since Apr '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Oct 22, 2007, 05:06:10 PM »
red that was some masterpiece you put on there....i couldnt agree more with you on those points....  :beerchug:

what are the primaries??

im only 4 months and 4 days into being 18 and never paid attetnnion to voting till now, so i dont know jack abot anything with all that jazz

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Oct 22, 2007, 05:50:22 PM »
look at their views and plans for what they want to do while in office. Hitlery wants socialized health care and points to Canada as her example. yes look at Canada and speak to Canadians about their health care IT SUCKS!!! average wait time to have an operation done or specialized health care is 1 1/2-2 years, this includes incidents such as needed major heart surgery, spinal injury, etc. things that most of the time you cannot afford to wait that kinda time, because you will probably be dead or suffering from permanent damage.

democrats dont want civilians to own guns because they cause violence (their statement). if guns cause violence i can blame misspelled words on my pencil (larry the cable guy said that)! yes gun control works, look at how britians and australia's violent crime rates skyrocketed when gun control was passed (and still phenominally high with no signs of slowing down). look  at 2 countries that had complete gun control with a controling government, Germany and Russia during WWII. what happened here? oh nothing, Hitler just slaughtered millions of people and Stalin did the same, you know not that it matters, its in the past and was done by crazy people (what democrats want you to believe, that it could never happen again). personally, they can have my guns after they pry them from my cold dead fingers. alot of democrats claim that the 2nd amendment to the constitution is relating to the national guard. funny, i guess the forefathers could predict the future that there would be a national guard since it wasnt created until over 130 years later.

many democrats dont want the border closed because illegals provide a cheap source of labor for farmers. average pay of illegals doing farm work is 10 dollars per hour. farmer can use "chain gangs" from the prison system, the good behavior cons, at .10 cents per hour with 1 guard for every 10 cons being payed an average of 18 dollars per hour. so 10 illegals would be 100 dollars an hour, and 10 cons and 1 guard would be 19 dollars an hour. which is cheaper and has the added bonus of reducing the prison population because they are no longer getting a free ride?

:clap: very good comments Red! :thumbs:

An interesting thing to bring up in an arguement with a gun control advocate.  (I've used this, and it works :gap: )  Personally, to me it is sound logic :thumbs:

first, a few definitions:

the second amendment, as posted on the national archives website:  http://www.archives.gov/national-archives-experience/charters/bill_of_rights_transcript.html

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

The definition of a militia, as stated by the American heritage dictionary, on dictionary.com  http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/militia

American Heritage Dictionary - Cite This Source - Share This mi·li·tia       (mə-lĭsh'ə)  Pronunciation Key 
n.   
An army composed of ordinary citizens rather than professional soldiers.
A military force that is not part of a regular army and is subject to call for service in an emergency.
The whole body of physically fit civilians eligible by law for military service.

Now, a common arguement that comes up with gun control advocates is that militias are out dated, they don't exist, due to us having a professional fighting force, as well as a national guard, reserves, etc.  And seeing as the 2nd amendent is designed for militias, it too is outdated and unnecessary.  Now, according to the definition of a militia, it is an army composed of ordinary citzens or a force not part of a regular army, but called into service at a time of emergency.(National Guard?  :dunno:  Reserves?  :dunno: )    Or my personaly favorite, the whole body of physically fit civilians eligible for military service.  Any of the other men on here recall signing your life away at your 18th birthday, making you eligible for the draft, and in that case, eligible to be called up to military service?  sounds to me like there is a militia still in the US, and it is just a strong as ever.  :dunno:  Oh, and just to throw in a little equal rights stuff, seeing as every man at 18 is eligible for military service, and can thusly own guns, we have to be fair and say that women can own guns as well.  :thumbs:

just my :twocents:

:thumbs: fully agree with you there. :yesnod:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

-Ronald Reagan

Doof [OP]

• Member since Apr '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Oct 22, 2007, 06:47:53 PM »
dont you sign that stuff at the post office?

i still need to so if there is a draft i dont get like a 10 thousand dollar fine (correct me if im wrong...what my teacher said the other day im pretty sure it was that much)

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Oct 22, 2007, 06:50:44 PM »
dont you sign that stuff at the post office?

i still need to so if there is a draft i dont get like a 10 thousand dollar fine (correct me if im wrong...what my teacher said the other day im pretty sure it was that much)

yeah, you can get the forms at the post office, heck you can probably sign up online.  I don't think you can register to vote without registering for the selective service, but I may be wrong :dunno:

-Ronald Reagan

Doof [OP]

• Member since Apr '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Oct 22, 2007, 06:53:12 PM »
i guess its time to get on that then....i figure if i dont vote in the next election i cant pregnant dog about anything...but if i do vote and the guy i vote for looses i can pregnant dog and talk as much :pokinit: as i want since i did vote

79coyotefrg

• Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #20 on: Oct 22, 2007, 07:01:45 PM »
what are the primaries??

im only 4 months and 4 days into being 18 and never paid attetnnion to voting till now, so i dont know jack abot anything with all that jazz
Primary elections  are kinda  like  football Pre season games  :yesnod:
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

Doof [OP]

• Member since Apr '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Oct 22, 2007, 07:02:35 PM »
so its just to see how the country is leaning?   doesnt mean :pokinit:

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Oct 22, 2007, 07:08:17 PM »
so its just to see how the country is leaning?   doesnt mean :pokinit:

No, the primaries narrow down the field.  for example, if you've got 5 republican candidates, the primaries get rid of 4 of them.  That is why you can only vote in them if you're a registered party member.  :thumbs:

-Ronald Reagan

Doof [OP]

• Member since Apr '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Oct 22, 2007, 08:51:23 PM »
I see...so they are kinda important then

time to go to the post office weds after work and sign my papers

red

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Jan '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #24 on: Oct 22, 2007, 09:21:56 PM »
i didnt even go to the post office, i registered online with the selective services the day i turned 18.

i've learned to bring up alot of points in debates, my oldest sister has almost the complete opposite view of me and the rest of the family and she's a lawyer so loves to debate. irritates me when liberals/democrats scream and whine and threaten until things go their way and if you mention that they did any of it they say you arent being politically correct (a term created by democrats actually, put in common person terms it basicly means "to pick up a turd by the clean end") and start the whole yelling and threatening thing again. great example of them making threats is in california with the recent law that was signed in. basicly says all morals are to be eliminated from public schools in order to not offend the gay community. you can go to the locker room/shower/bathroom that you associate yourself with (so guys can go in the girls locker room and viceaversa now), statements that define parents as being a mother and a father are now outlawed as well (this passed a few days ago, sickening), sexual education must also list "alternative" forms of sexuality and state that it is acceptable such as gays, transexuals. wierd thing is, the vast majority of the people in california are normal. the tiny minority is the only voice ever heard though, and their influence is spreading to the rest of the country.

thats why i want a man such as tancredo for example to get elected to office. i agree with some of his plans like securing our borders, but the main reason i support him is because he doesnt care about being politically correct and he actually listens to what his supporters say. has anybody here ever seen that movie "man of the year" with robin williams where he plays the comedian that wins the presidential election? there is a scene where he is in a debate with the other presidential hopefuls and he's making a speech that is entirely politically uncorrect. he voices his opinions and doesnt care what the others think. we NEED somebody like that to shake up the system and bring our elected officials back to reality. our government on almost every level does not listen to the people. the state of Texas finally is starting to come to its senses again, shooting down legislation to create a highway from mexico-canada, making self-defense with a weapon an option again instead of having it where you had to warn the person repeatedly to back away or to stop beating you. how it was until about a year ago, somebody tries to yank you out of your vehicle at gunpoint and threatens to kill your wife/girlfriend/or you. you would have to back away and tell them (if your armed) that you are and that they should back away. now (thankfully), somebody comes up to you with a weapon pointed at you and threatens to use it or to hurt your passangers, you have the full right to defend yourself with lethal force. if you come across somebody that is being attacked you can defend them as needed, before you couldnt.

to my last post about the legislation in cali heres a link to the info http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=58130 , disturbing.
« Last Edit: Oct 22, 2007, 10:02:51 PM by red »

USAF EOD tech

red

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Jan '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #25 on: Oct 22, 2007, 09:52:03 PM »
blackdog thats a good point to bring up (i've used it a few times as well) about militias. the day that a guy turns 18 he is required to join the selective services, basicly states that if there is a draft that you will go if they call your number. the moment you do that YOU ARE IN A MILITIA. women are currently exempt from this (though they can join the military as well you dont sign up for the draft) but that could change. the last couple of elections (only ones i've really been old enough to follow) were about choosing the lesser of 2 evils. bush is like a child that has found his dads gun when it comes to using the military, has SOME idea of what it can do but not much and does not really know how to use it. better choice than kerry was though. we need somebody in office who realizes that the military is not a toy and is not designed to be a police force. it is a military force that currently is having its limbs cut off by our political leaders. most politicians have no problem with sending the military off to somewhere if it will benefit the politicians because they have no family in any kind of active duty military. what do they care they never met the soldiers, they dont know anybody from that kinda backround (middle class usually) so it doesnt matter to them.

we need a president who is not afraid to admit if they have relations with oil companies. i dont care if they do, its a way to make alot of money but do not use your powers as president to help you make money. if they want to do something about reducing the prison population, repeat offenders, and prison violence make chain gangs an option in all states. currently only arizona and colorado do that and their population in prison (and violence) is dropping rapidly. why? because the only channels that are on tv (since its required to be available in prisons) are disney and cnn. tent camps outside for the cons instead of staying indoors in the ac during the summer time. they have to pay for their food which is around 12 cents a meal, in arizona they have pink underwear that they have to wear, free time is basicly eliminated, weight lifting is no longer allowed, prisoners complain about how their rights are being stripped from them and the goveners of these 2 states DONT CARE. its not politically correct, its how prison used to be, no longer a free ride where you can sit on ur butt all day and not have any bills to pay. people wonder why there are so many repeat offenders out there. the only presidential hopefulls i would like to see as president have almost no chance of making it because they arent politically correct and are not the richest. the majority of the people support these hopefulls, but dont voice their opinions and thats why we end up with such bad choices. the minority groups know who to complain to and dont let up. the majority is too busy having to go to work from 9-5 to even have a chance to voice their opinions to the right people.

USAF EOD tech

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Oct 22, 2007, 10:09:45 PM »
You hit on a very good point red.  Libs learn that when the debate/conversation starts getting into the facts, your only way to advance is to yell, scream and stomp your feet until everybody gives in.  Much like the tactics of a cranky 3 year old, it often prevails in the name of ending the tantrum.
RIP KYOTA

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: Oct 22, 2007, 10:15:15 PM »
You hit on a very good point red.  Libs learn that when the debate/conversation starts getting into the facts, your only way to advance is to yell, scream and stomp your feet until everybody gives in.  Much like the tactics of a cranky 3 year old, it often prevails in the name of ending the tantrum.

:werd:

-Ronald Reagan

te51levin

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 130
  • Member since Jan '07
  • Grumpy, but pretty good at it
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Oct 22, 2007, 10:42:50 PM »
Libs learn that when the debate/conversation starts getting into the facts, your only way to advance is to yell, scream and stomp your feet until everybody gives in. 

You have a point, but that pendulum swings both ways.  When a democrat, liberal, granola-cruncher or other non-MC person has a decent argument (and they sometimes do), staunch conservatives will often drag out inconsequential anecdotes about how hard their great-grandpappy worked mining mud ore for eighty-nine of his ninety years, or start reciting bible verses (which have absolutely no place in politics IMO), or put their fingers in their ears and start chanting "USA! USA!".  Conservativers are just as prone to ducking conversation as anyone else.  Those who have little to contribute and who are afraid to discuss things openly will often avoid it in favor of emotional rhetoric.  That is not limited to liberals by any means.  I hate to say it, but there are probably more uneducated simpletons making conservative candidates look foolish than there are hackey-sackers making liberal candidates look dumb.

I think Dave Barry summed it up well when he said this (from his book Dave Barry Turns 40):
"The Democrats seem to be basically nicer people, but they have demonstrated time and time again that they have the management skills of celery. They're the kind of people who'd stop to help you change a flat, but would somehow manage to set your car on fire. I would be reluctant to entrust them with a Cuisinart, let alone the economy. The Republicans, on the other hand, would know how to fix your tire, but they wouldn't bother to stop because they'd want to be on time for Ugly Pants Night at the country club.  Also, the Republicans have a high Beady-Eyed Self-Righteous Scary Borderline Loon Quotient, as evidenced by Phyllis Schafly, Pat Robertson, the entire state of Utah, etc."

You all are gonna start thinking I'm a real bed-wetting liberal, which I really am not (and if I was I wouldn't bring it up here anyway!).  I just hate to see this conversation head the way it seems to be - which is basically everybody congratulating themselves on being such great conseratives and agreeing with each other that anyone who doesn't think exactly like they do must be a cross-dressing, tofu-loving liberal crybaby with no capacity for rational thought.

Doof [OP]

• Member since Apr '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Oct 22, 2007, 10:48:14 PM »
that hole public school thing is just flat out RETARDED. everypoint to it is stupid and should never have been brought up to be signed to begin with... whoever created this bill should get a foot up their  :moon: and slapped ten way to sunday. if the gays want people to know their sexual orientation they will let it be known. but there is absolutly no need to take the privacy away from everybody. to be honest i wouldnt want to be walking into the restroom at school to releave myself and see a :pokinit: ton of girls doing their makeup and what not. it would be kinda weird actually...honestly i would never use the restroom at school again just so if some stalker girl was following me and i went in there to get away, and have her follow me would suck...i dont think a girl would like that either, if her stalker followd her to the restroom it would make things very scary for everbody

that bill should be  :attention: (blown up)
« Last Edit: Oct 23, 2007, 09:47:10 PM by silly58willy »