Author Topic: Ron Paul - Texas Congressman...Presidential Candidate  (Read 4206 times)

CTENG in KS

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: -501
  • Male Posts: 4,295
  • Member since Jun '04
  • ^Alfred the Great
    • View Profile
    • CTENG's Eco-Rant
Ron Paul - Texas Congressman...Presidential Candidate
« on: Jul 08, 2007, 06:37:49 AM »
I NEVER like any candidates...ever...
This gentleman Ron Paul (R) from Texas was on George Stephanopolus recently and I have to say...he is pretty damn kool.
Wants out of Iraq like yesterday, espouses free markets...very libertarian, and won't vote for a bill unless he believes it is expressly allowed by the US Constitution.
His voting record is nothing if not consistent when it comes to these principles.
Generally though, he seems to be reasonable, intelligent, and logical.

I am sure this means he has no chance in hell, but check out the website:
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

Might not be your thing, but I am thrilled there may be someone in this set I actually WANT to vote for.
IFS is best kept at ambient temperature in a pile of scrap in the backyard.  When kept under a functioning vehicle, it tends to greatly diminish said vehicle's offroad ability.     -reklund5

4Runner: http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=4580.0
Beastmaster: http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=34339.0

79coyotefrg

• Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
:dunno:  what about Hilary  :dunno:

:aaa:
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

brainlessfool

• It's not my problem if you can't hear the voices too.
  • Turtle Points: 2730
  • Male Posts: 4,207
  • Member since Jun '02
  • drive fast or the devil may get ya
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a cigar

YEAH HILLAIRY !!!!!

would not vote for Ron Paulywag, he feels we are to blame for 911. :nope:

A good day working, that's just sick :reg:

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile

You pulling for your home girl? The queen of Hot Springs.
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

CTENG in KS [OP]

• Member since Jun '04
  • ^Alfred the Great
    • View Profile
    • CTENG's Eco-Rant
YEAH HILLAIRY !!!!!

would not vote for Ron Paulywag, he feels we are to blame for 911

I believe what he said is that our continued presence in the middle east over the past few decades has been one of the major motivating factors for anti-US sentiment and terrorism.

He said quite plainly that he did not blame the victims and did not blame the US for 911, but was realistic enough to admit that we have been part of the problem, not the solution...especially in Iraq.

I listened to and read what he said on several occasions and I have to say he is dead on.  We were sowing the seeds for the problems in the middle east back in the 60's and 70's and we continue to refuse to learn our lesson.

I really could care less about the knee jerk patriotic "we are never in the wrong, we are the victims" response.  If we can't admit where we have made drastic mistakes and resolve to learn from them and adapt our policies for the future, then we will continue to screw things up as we always have and continue to watch our troops lose their lives.
IFS is best kept at ambient temperature in a pile of scrap in the backyard.  When kept under a functioning vehicle, it tends to greatly diminish said vehicle's offroad ability.     -reklund5

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile

:popcorn: 

Where's RS... we're gonna need a bunch more popcorn..
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

brainlessfool

• Member since Jun '02
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a cigar

If we can't admit where we have made drastic mistakes and resolve to learn from them and adapt our policies for the future, then we will continue to screw things up as we always have and continue to watch our troops lose their lives.

that what nukes are for. :yesnod:

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

CTENG in KS [OP]

• Member since Jun '04
  • ^Alfred the Great
    • View Profile
    • CTENG's Eco-Rant
C'mon now, nukes aren't gonna solve anything.
Only way this whole thing is gonna work is if we are honest about ourselves, our actions, and the situations we are dealing with.
Rationalizing and generalizing things does a disservice to the people we affect around the world as well as to the lives of the troops we put in harms way.

brainlessfool

• Member since Jun '02
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a cigar
C'mon now, nukes aren't gonna solve anything.

My dad would have a good argument aginsted that statement.

as the fact that I am here does too.

NT-OUTBACK

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -2
  • Male Posts: 139
  • Member since Feb '07
    • View Profile
At this point looking at the field of candidates (which is really pathetic) I'm writing in my former roommates dog's name.
Turbo, he is a seven year old King Charles spaniel

Really none of the current candidates are qualified to run a Taco Bell. when it comes to the current administration, well I would venture to say they are not even qualified to clean my toilet let alone run the country.

CTENG in KS [OP]

• Member since Jun '04
  • ^Alfred the Great
    • View Profile
    • CTENG's Eco-Rant
My dad would have a good argument aginsted that statement.

as the fact that I am here does too.

I believe I said they aren't GONNA solve anything.  They were used under dire circumstances to prevent the loss of thousands if not tens of thousands of American lives.  These situations do not exist currently and, if we are smart, things will stay that way.  Nukes are the ultimate last resort and their existence should not even be considered when determining policies and actions towards other nations.  They are not a fall back solution, they are a means to an end when no other means remains viable.

weirdtimes_7

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Male Posts: 1,032
  • Member since Nov '06
    • View Profile
I believe I said they aren't GONNA solve anything.  They were used under dire circumstances to prevent the loss of thousands if not tens of thousands of American lives.  These situations do not exist currently and, if we are smart, things will stay that way.  Nukes are the ultimate last resort and their existence should not even be considered when determining policies and actions towards other nations.  They are not a fall back solution, they are a means to an end when no other means remains viable.

I wish you would take a big look on North Korea and Iran, these two contries are willing you use Nuke's to perswade other three world contries into following them. Yes, it is our problem, and yes, we are trying to help and prevent further corruption leading to death of million's of innocent live's.

The problem with our contry today is that the media can turn the heads of American's in a second. All you see is death of our American Soldiers and no progress.. i wish that every freakin American alive would take a trip to the middle east and see the progress being made... it's happening all over in unpresidented amount's. YES, we are using a lot of our tax dollars to try and make the middle east bearable for people to live in and make sure thousands of people get the medicin, housing, and education we so fondly forget to cherish.....

I am a soldier, and it really pisses me off to see all of these people bash what's happening in the middle east... GET OVER IT!!!!! it's not going to end anytime soon... do you honestly think that just because we get a new president that everything is going to change in an instant..... HELL NO.... it will take month's... apon month's to even start bringing troop's home... even then you will start getting causaties of war because the insurgants feel it's the perfect oppertunity to kill the last remaining American present's.....

I am not trying to be a jerk to anyone on this board or this forum for that matter.. but from my perspective of an American Soldier.... stop fighting the war, and start supporting it.. there accutally is a lot of great comming out of it....

:rant: :soapbox:

now let the military_stang post bashing come..... :slap: :yupyup: :yupyup:

military_stang
:respect:

brainlessfool

• Member since Jun '02
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a cigar
I believe I said they aren't GONNA solve anything. 
  well now, we won't  know till we try them will we?  :eyebrow: :wink2:
They were used under dire circumstances to prevent the loss of thousands if not tens of thousands of American lives. 
ageed  :yesnod:
These situations do not exist currently and, if we are smart, things will stay that way.
we can hope. 
Nukes are the ultimate last resort and their existence should not even be considered when determining policies and actions towards other nations.  They are not a fall back solution, they are a means to an end when no other means remains viable.

and they make some realy preaty lights too. :beerchug:

brainlessfool

• Member since Jun '02
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a cigar
I wish you would take a big look on North Korea and Iran, these two contries are willing you use Nuke's to perswade other three world contries into following them. Yes, it is our problem, and yes, we are trying to help and prevent further corruption leading to death of million's of innocent live's.

The problem with our contry today is that the media can turn the heads of American's in a second. All you see is death of our American Soldiers and no progress.. i wish that every freakin American alive would take a trip to the middle east and see the progress being made... it's happening all over in unpresidented amount's. YES, we are using a lot of our tax dollars to try and make the middle east bearable for people to live in and make sure thousands of people get the medicin, housing, and education we so fondly forget to cherish.....

I am a soldier, and it really pisses me off to see all of these people bash what's happening in the middle east... GET OVER IT!!!!! it's not going to end anytime soon... do you honestly think that just because we get a new president that everything is going to change in an instant..... HELL NO.... it will take month's... apon month's to even start bringing troop's home... even then you will start getting causaties of war because the insurgants feel it's the perfect oppertunity to kill the last remaining American present's.....

I am not trying to be a jerk to anyone on this board or this forum for that matter.. but from my perspective of an American Soldier.... stop fighting the war, and start supporting it.. there accutally is a lot of great comming out of it....

:rant: :soapbox:

now let the military_stang post bashing come..... :slap: :yupyup: :yupyup:

military_stang
:respect:
X2  :usa:

CTENG in KS [OP]

• Member since Jun '04
  • ^Alfred the Great
    • View Profile
    • CTENG's Eco-Rant
I have the utmost respect for all our soldiers, however, I still reserve the right to think that the entire situation in the Middle East is for naught.  Unfortunately, we can't stay forever, and as soon as we leave, no matter how we leave it, they will devolve into a civil war between the shia and sunni factions.  The government will crumble and many people are going to die.

I don't believe for a second that it will become any more terrorist haven than it currently is, after all, the shiites will likely control Iraq and, unless the Middle East experts are complete idiots, the shiites hate al queda.  More likely they will drive al queda fighters out of the country, or kill them outright.

Conclusion is that the conclusion is fore gone...the only thing the US has any control over is when it happens.