Author Topic: THE STAIRWELL  (Read 1880 times)

Dr.Maxwe001

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: -23
  • Male Posts: 627
  • Member since Jan '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
THE STAIRWELL
« on: Apr 10, 2008, 07:49:02 AM »
MEET ME IN THE STAIRWELL'

PLEASE READ TO THE VERY END, IT IS BEAUTIFUL!!!

If you look closely at the picture above, you will note that all the Marines pictured are bowing their heads. That's because they're praying.

This incident took place at a recent ceremony honoring the birthday of the corps, and it has the ACLU up in arms. 'These are federal employees,' says Lucius Traveler, a spokesman for the ACLU , 'on federal property and on federal time. For them to pray is clearly an establishment of religion, and we must nip this in the bud immediately.'

When asked about the ACLU's charges, Colonel Jack Fessender, speaking for the Commandant of the Corps said (cleaned up a bit), 'Screw the ACLU.'

GOD Bless Our Warriors, Send the ACLU to France

May God Bless America , One Nation Under GOD!

What's wrong with the picture? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING

GOD BLESS YOU FOR

PASSING IT ON!

I am sorry but I am not breaking this one.....Let us pray

Prayer chain for our Military...please don't break it

THIS NEEDS TO GO AROUND THE USA MANY TIMES SO

KEEP IT GOING

IF YOUR LOOKING OUT THE FRONT OF YOUR 4X4 AND YOU CANT SEE THEN JUST TURN ON YOUR WIPERS. BUT THEN THINGS GET ALL MESSED UP LIKE IN LIFE.

WHEN YOU GET TO THE END OF YOUR ROPE JUST THINK THAT ALONG TIME AGO  YOU WERE THE FASTEST LITTLE SWIMMER TO THE EGG

08:55:22 PM BeccaLoo24 – i like to screw things

$99 scratch and dent drill press has drilled more holes than Ron Jeremy.

http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=48342.0

[img]http://bo

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
Re: THE STAIRWELL
« Reply #1 on: Apr 10, 2008, 07:57:24 AM »
I don't doubt that Colonel Fessender might feel that way about the ACLU...I know I certainly do. But, this is just another email myth. http://www.snopes.com/politics/religion/marines.asp
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

Hammerhead

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 100
  • Male Posts: 564
  • Member since Nov '04
  • Junkyard Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Apr 10, 2008, 10:00:52 AM »
Even if it is false I still say "screw the ACLU"! 
'82 pickup, +3, locked, doubled
'82 pickup, IFS long travel, V8
'85 4runner, V8 rock crawler
'88 X-cab, V6

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Apr 10, 2008, 10:09:19 AM »
Even if it is false I still say "screw the ACLU"! 

I'm with you. I can't think of another organization that has done so much harm to this country...except maybe MTV.
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

Dr.Maxwe001 [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jan '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Apr 10, 2008, 10:57:54 AM »
all I did was post the pict that were sent to me in a email from a U.S. Army Personnel that asked me to please remember what and where I was when I herd the news I hope this hasn't offended anyone  :USA:  :USA: :USA: :USA: :USA: :USA: this is my flag if you don't like it then get out of my country and if you don't like the freedom that we have then you need to go to North Korea I herd there is alot of great space over there to be hated
IF YOUR LOOKING OUT THE FRONT OF YOUR 4X4 AND YOU CANT SEE THEN JUST TURN ON YOUR WIPERS. BUT THEN THINGS GET ALL MESSED UP LIKE IN LIFE.

WHEN YOU GET TO THE END OF YOUR ROPE JUST THINK THAT ALONG TIME AGO  YOU WERE THE FASTEST LITTLE SWIMMER TO THE EGG

Hammerhead

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Nov '04
  • Junkyard Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Apr 10, 2008, 11:29:44 AM »
I don't see how you could've offended anyone.  At least not a patriotic American anyways...

Now if you insulted a member of the ACLU then more power to ya!!  They claim to be the American Civil Liberties Union but I think ACLU stands for Anti Christian Litigation Unit.
'88 X-cab, V6

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Apr 10, 2008, 12:38:03 PM »
all I did was post the pict that were sent to me in a email from a U.S. Army Personnel that asked me to please remember what and where I was when I herd the news I hope this hasn't offended anyone  :USA:  :USA: :USA: :USA: :USA: :USA: this is my flag if you don't like it then get out of my country and if you don't like the freedom that we have then you need to go to North Korea I herd there is alot of great space over there to be hated

Nope, no offense here, but we do like to make sure things are true :thumbs:  Even if the story behind it is fabricated, the pictures speak volumes, and the world needs to hear them.  :thumbs:

Thanks for posting the pics :usa: 
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Apr 10, 2008, 12:39:01 PM »

I certainly wasn't offended.

I just wish people who start these things wouldn't feel the need to embellish the truth...the truth about our military is great enough without subjecting a story about them to the ridicule of the naysayers.

I got one last week about a statue that was cast from the heads of several Saddam statues...the story told a bunch of crap trying to make it sound better...when to me, the story about the liberation of Iraq and the fact that a statue celebrating our military was made in a free (but not yet peaceful) Iraq out of the busts of a dictator. This is the snopes link http://www.snopes.com/photos/military/kalat.asp

Hell, I bet Saddam wishes he had one of those heads back, 'cause his got lost.

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Apr 10, 2008, 12:42:47 PM »

Hell, I bet Saddam wishes he had one of those heads back, 'cause his got lost.

:rofl:

:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

Dr.Maxwe001 [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jan '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Apr 10, 2008, 12:48:50 PM »
:haha:    

Hammerhead

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Nov '04
  • Junkyard Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Apr 10, 2008, 01:09:00 PM »
:funny:
'88 X-cab, V6

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Apr 10, 2008, 02:12:40 PM »
I certainly wasn't offended.

I just wish people who start these things wouldn't feel the need to embellish the truth...the truth about our military is great enough without subjecting a story about them to the ridicule of the naysayers.

:werd:

:usa:
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit: