Author Topic: New Tundra Desiel Dually!!!  (Read 11485 times)

Fearofrunner

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 620
  • Member since Dec '06
  • HOW AN 84 SHOULD LOOK
    • View Profile
New Tundra Desiel Dually!!!
« on: Dec 19, 2007, 01:47:03 PM »
« Last Edit: Dec 19, 2007, 01:58:57 PM by Fearofrunner »

RokCrawlinToy

• Crawler of Rocks
  • Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 4214
  • Male Posts: 1,030
  • Member since Apr '04
  • Thermobaric Urban Destruction
    • View Profile
Re: New Tundra Desiel Dually!!!
« Reply #1 on: Dec 19, 2007, 01:49:05 PM »
Its all over the internet.  I think it was already posted on here.

Fearofrunner [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Dec '06
  • HOW AN 84 SHOULD LOOK
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Dec 19, 2007, 02:00:08 PM »
Ya but i haven't seen any pics of it on here yet... that thing is bad ass

RokCrawlinToy

• Crawler of Rocks
  • Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Apr '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Dec 19, 2007, 02:08:43 PM »
Yeah, it was pretty sweet when I saw it at SEMA, I didn't really like the interior colors and trim though. That thing is HUGH!!! I have a Crewmax Tundra and that makes my truck look like a mini truck.

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 11
  • Female Posts: 8,265
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

RokCrawlinToy

• Crawler of Rocks
  • Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Apr '04
    • View Profile

Fearofrunner [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Dec '06
  • HOW AN 84 SHOULD LOOK
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Dec 19, 2007, 05:00:39 PM »
your right, my bad i couldn't find anythin in the search about it.  Go ahead and delete to save bandwidth

rbrduck71

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Member since Mar '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Dec 19, 2007, 05:37:24 PM »
wow that gives yota some braggin rights hope they make it

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Dec 19, 2007, 09:29:02 PM »
The interior on that thing is just plain homely and IMHO not a very good job, esp of adapting the transmission. They will also have to work on a more powerful tune...it only puts out 265 hp.
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

- Sales Employee -

freds40

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 293
  • Male Posts: 2,331
  • Member since Dec '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Dec 19, 2007, 09:34:37 PM »
I'm guessing when/if this comes to market, it will have some more impressive output numbers. The big 3 are all in the 350 hp and 650-700 ft/lbs realm. I think it would be a poor choice for Toyota to come to market with anything less out of their Hino motor. The diesel market is all about power right now and entering the market at HP numbers that the competition were pulling 3+ yrs ago would be a bad move.
"between projects"

Fearofrunner [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Dec '06
  • HOW AN 84 SHOULD LOOK
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Dec 20, 2007, 02:49:11 PM »
"well look at the tundra, toyota said that they would be happy if they got 300 hp out of the tundra. It's got 381 hp...  They gotta have a trick up their sleeve besides concepts never look the same as when they come out anyways.

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Dec 21, 2007, 04:34:43 PM »
On a completely unrelated note and yet connected by concept and nationality...I present the Suzuki X Head Concept.

For some reason...I see the driver as a 6 foot tall Weeble.
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Dec 21, 2007, 04:36:00 PM »
saw that in the new petersons.....I'd rock that  :thumbs:
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

Hottrod81

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: -2
  • Male Posts: 1,392
  • Member since Feb '05
  • Full Trucker Effect
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Dec 21, 2007, 04:43:37 PM »
It's not a good idea for Toyota to come out with another truck at all until they get their 1/2 selling 1st.  It has not launched like they thought and are actually having quality control issues with it so said the Wall Street Journal.  They should stick to doing what they do best and that is making comfortable economic cars.  To break the grasp that the big 3 has on trucks would take years.

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Member since Nov '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Dec 21, 2007, 04:47:24 PM »
  They should stick to doing what they do best and that is making comfortable economic cars. 
  I highly disagree with this statement....

On another completely unrelated note.......anyone hear that the new LandCruiser won Peterson's 4x4 of the year....kudos to toyota on this one
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

Hottrod81

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Feb '05
  • Full Trucker Effect
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Dec 21, 2007, 04:49:46 PM »
  I highly disagree with this statement....

Explain.  There trucks aren't selling.  They have had issues with engines blowing up.  Now it's in the news that they are having quality controls issues.  Sometimes expanding a product line isn't always better.

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Dec 21, 2007, 04:50:02 PM »
I wish Toyota would just build an "answer" to the Jeep Rubicon. A limted retro edition...a small pick up, with the new v6 and solid axles.

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

Hottrod81

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Feb '05
  • Full Trucker Effect
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Dec 21, 2007, 04:52:07 PM »
I wish Toyota would just build an "answer" to the Jeep Rubicon. A limted retro edition...a small pick up, with the new v6 and solid axles.

Now that would be sweet.

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Dec 21, 2007, 04:53:20 PM »
It's not a good idea for Toyota to come out with another truck at all until they get their 1/2 selling 1st.  It has not launched like they thought and are actually having quality control issues with it so said the Wall Street Journal.  They should stick to doing what they do best and that is making comfortable economic cars.  To break the grasp that the big 3 has on trucks would take years.

One thing...this dually isn't even a "concept" it's a one off show truck.

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Member since Nov '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Dec 21, 2007, 05:05:24 PM »
Explain.  There trucks aren't selling.  They have had issues with engines blowing up.  Now it's in the news that they are having quality controls issues.  Sometimes expanding a product line isn't always better.
I dont disagree with that at all...I was just saying that Toyota shouldnt give up on the fool-size market...

They arent really "expanding" the product line per se.....its still a "Tundra" (concept) just duallies and diesel added. They really need to do this right to break into the big 3

Does anyone else think some of these quality controls could be because these vehicles are being produced in the US?

RIP KYOTA

Hyena

• I'm Legit!!!
  • Turtle Points: 2401
  • Male Posts: 6,715
  • Member since Feb '04
  • AKA Baja Brad
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Dec 21, 2007, 05:49:39 PM »
And they did say that they weren't planning on actually putting that engine in the new tundra. But another type of Hino Diesel though.

Not A Toy

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -1
  • Male Posts: 322
  • Member since Mar '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Dec 21, 2007, 10:09:36 PM »
I think it looks awesome. I would buy it over a ford chevy or dodge any day. Anyone who knows toyotas knows they make a good vehicle. Of course if you want a true tow rig buy a cherokee j/k long live toyotas.. and jeeps
_[O!!!!!O]_

People often ask how they stack crap so tall....

Thomas P

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 109
  • Male Posts: 3,092
  • Member since Feb '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Dec 21, 2007, 10:16:00 PM »
wonder if theyd trade for my 07 crewmax?
'85 EFI X cab SR5. 42" Iroks, Dual ultimates etc.
'84 Std. cab  Yota, Chevy 4.3 swapped (makes v8's cry)
'88 4 Runner 39.5" Iroks FJ80 front, taco rear elockers dual ultimates
'07 Toyota Tundra crew max 5.7 (grocery getter/tow rig)
'14 Camry SE
SCX10 Honcho on roids!

Not A Toy

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -1
  • Male Posts: 322
  • Member since Mar '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Dec 21, 2007, 10:21:14 PM »
I think the crewmax for the suzuki would be a fair trade.
_[O!!!!!O]_

People often ask how they stack crap so tall....

Fearofrunner [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Dec '06
  • HOW AN 84 SHOULD LOOK
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Dec 22, 2007, 11:23:12 AM »
Does anyone else think some of these quality controls could be because these vehicles are being produced in the US?

Couldn't agree with you more, Honda is now going to crap because they are assembled in the us. Ford dodge and Chevy are goin to crap cause they're assemblemed in mexico (not that they were built well to begin with). the only reason Toyota was having problems before was because of the cam shaft breaking and that was a machine problem in Indiana or where ever it was that they where making them. This is the first year of the new tundra anyways the first years always have problems.  I think Toyota has done well with this full size and when all the little "American engineering" problems are solved then it's going to dominate.

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Member since Nov '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Dec 22, 2007, 01:13:39 PM »
Couldn't agree with you more, Honda is now going to crap because they are assembled in the us.
For some reason I just have this image in my head of when my truck was made by some Japanese guy wearing micro-soldering glasses with a micrometer in his hand checking and double checking clearances and such.......When I think of American vehicles being produced (no offense to anyone in the industry) I imagine some hungover, grossly overpaid, bitchy, uneducated redneck slapping parts together and calling it good..... :rofl:
« Last Edit: Dec 22, 2007, 02:31:19 PM by DirToyBoy »
RIP KYOTA

Fearofrunner [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Dec '06
  • HOW AN 84 SHOULD LOOK
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Dec 22, 2007, 02:17:19 PM »
 :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Fearofrunner [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Dec '06
  • HOW AN 84 SHOULD LOOK
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: Dec 22, 2007, 02:31:06 PM »
found this on you-tube http://youtube.com/watch?v=xhJlseAY0E0 , says "very mild tuning" to the 8.0 " i think if we turned up the wike we could get alot more out of it". Also says that this is not the concept truck this is pretty much the real thing. SWEET!

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Dec 22, 2007, 04:08:26 PM »
For some reason I just have this image in my head of when my truck was made by some Japanese guy wearing micro-soldering glasses with a micrometer in his hand checking and double checking clearances and such.......When I think of American vehicles being produced (no offense to anyone in the industry) I imagine some hungover, grossly overpaid, bitchy, uneducated redneck slapping parts together and calling it good..... :rofl:

Sadly, I think you hit the nail on the head.  I have a hard time believing that toyota would be dropping their quality standards, a lot easier believing the fault lies with locals who don't posess japanese pride. 
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

red

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 199
  • Male Posts: 1,616
  • Member since Jan '05
  • irish redhead texan, interesting combo
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #29 on: Dec 22, 2007, 04:27:40 PM »
found this on you-tube http://youtube.com/watch?v=xhJlseAY0E0 , says "very mild tuning" to the 8.0 " i think if we turned up the wike we could get alot more out of it". Also says that this is not the concept truck this is pretty much the real thing. SWEET!

mild tuneing from any of their competition (gm ford dodge) puts them around 800-850ft/lbs of torque. toyota still has work to do to be competative.
read and comment :whip:

USAF EOD tech