Author Topic: Need clutch help asap please  (Read 1405 times)

swdiesel

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since Apr '07
    • View Profile
Need clutch help asap please
« on: Sep 30, 2007, 05:39:47 PM »
I have a 91 toyota 3.0 v6 5speed with dual cases I was Driving doen the hiway and was going to turn so I started down shifting and when I went from 2nd to 1st the clutch hit the ground and it would not shift into gear and if I shut it off and started it in first it would kind of release but still want to pull the truck forward. where do I start??? Thanks

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
Re: Need clutch help asap please
« Reply #1 on: Sep 30, 2007, 05:43:52 PM »
check for leaks at your master and your slave cylinder.  If either of those are leaking bad, you're just pushing fluid out of the system, and not disengaging the clutch.  Also, check the flex line at the back pass. side of the motor.  That has a tendency to rot out, and cause the same problem.  I had a similar problem, and that is what it turned out to be.  I just replaced it with a coiled hardline to allow some flex, and it has been fine going on 2 years or so :thumbs:
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

swdiesel [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Apr '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sep 30, 2007, 05:51:51 PM »
Yeah I checked for leaks and couldnt see any I also opened the bleed off and had plenty of presure through the system. I will look for any other leaks thanks for the info.

highridin4x4

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 237
  • Member since Oct '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sep 30, 2007, 05:55:27 PM »
Is the clutch pedal on the floor all the time or only when you push it? It could be linkage at the pedal or bad master cyl.

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sep 30, 2007, 06:01:41 PM »
Yeah I checked for leaks and couldnt see any I also opened the bleed off and had plenty of presure through the system. I will look for any other leaks thanks for the info.

did you check that flex hose.  The outer casing is fibrous, and mine wasn't really noticably leaking, the outer casing was just saturated.  My guess was that due to the proximity of the motor, the excess fluid was burning off as I was driving :dunno:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

-Ronald Reagan

swdiesel [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Apr '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sep 30, 2007, 06:37:10 PM »
The pedal is only acting up when I push it in. it comes back up like normal. Where is the flex line at excatly? Thanks

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Oct 01, 2007, 07:33:17 PM »
Basically the pass. side back corner of the motor.  If you follow the clutch line across the firewall, its right where the line goes down to the slave cylinder

-Ronald Reagan

Pat

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 786
  • Male Posts: 944
  • Member since Jun '02
  • Oroville, Ca
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Oct 02, 2007, 07:59:59 AM »
if you open the bleed port and just shut it , you just let air in the system anyways.. so if it did not have air in it it will now mor ethen likely.. or as there someone holding the pedal down?
Sharing time between Northern Ca and Western Tn..