Author Topic: neat headrests mod to my tracker... oh yeah, and a solid axle swap  (Read 20903 times)

Joe S.

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 252
  • Member since Nov '06
  • need a zuki...
    • View Profile
i am also swapping my 5.29 open thirds for some 5.71  thirds with one limitted slip. i know, i know... but the weight of the tracker is considerably less than a yota, and i will be running no larger than a 33... so i think it will hold up ok... if not, i will replace them with some 5.29s again... but i dont think that will be an issue...

just to confirm tho, the thirds are interchangeable right? mine is an 83-ish front with 95-ish rear and i will be getting the thirds from a 85 runner. the front in the runner is the one with the limited slip. i want to put it in the rear of my tracker. i wont have any problems will it?
Zuks are more than a hobby...

Yota_Gotta_Krawl

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 93
  • Male Posts: 172
  • Member since Jun '05
  • SAS 96 Geo Tracker/ 240sx Nissan ( Turbo)
    • View Profile
Hey jsut gotta say that ur tracker looks great, we got the same year and body style even  :cheese:
I like my cars low and fast and my trucks tall and slllloooowwwww

Joe S. [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '06
  • need a zuki...
    • View Profile
sweet! where are you located? what kit are you running? or is it  homebrew?

Joe S. [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '06
  • need a zuki...
    • View Profile
i see where you are now... tell me about your setup

Yota_Gotta_Krawl

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 93
  • Male Posts: 172
  • Member since Jun '05
  • SAS 96 Geo Tracker/ 240sx Nissan ( Turbo)
    • View Profile
Home Brew all the way haha, sami front axle running sami leafs and its still a spring under, but im thinking about doing a spring over this weekend and making a z-link, But coils rear with 2 inch spacers, 3 inch body lift( home brew), And today i just got my 1.25" wheel spacers today, gonna have it driving by saturday.
I like my cars low and fast and my trucks tall and slllloooowwwww

Joe S. [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '06
  • need a zuki...
    • View Profile

46&2

• Hillbilly
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 8
  • Male Posts: 4,834
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
i am also swapping my 5.29 open thirds for some 5.71  thirds with one limitted slip. i know, i know... but the weight of the tracker is considerably less than a yota, and i will be running no larger than a 33... so i think it will hold up ok... if not, i will replace them with some 5.29s again... but i dont think that will be an issue...

just to confirm tho, the thirds are interchangeable right? mine is an 83-ish front with 95-ish rear and i will be getting the thirds from a 85 runner. the front in the runner is the one with the limited slip. i want to put it in the rear of my tracker. i wont have any problems will it?

I dunno, it seems to me if you dont plan on running larger than 33s you should stick with the 5.29s. Never had much experience with 5.71s but that seems overkill to me, especially for such a light weight truck like your tracker. As for third member interchangablity, you should be fine. At the most you may have to clearance the front housing a little but I doubt it.
85 4Runner Build  /  Cool Foreign Toyotas  /  Toyota: We Want Diesel FB Page    Rockcrawlintoy – i guess moms will put the pups up on the beach when they go fisting

Joe S. [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '06
  • need a zuki...
    • View Profile
my truck stock on 27" tires had 5.12 gears. for 33s, i should be running close to a 6:1 gear to correct to stock... the 5.29s dont like the 33s on there AT ALL... the 5.71s arent even gonna quite be enough, so i am gonna be adding a sami tcase eventually so i can get some high range reduction... it is rough having a vehicle that came with such low gears stock...

46&2

• Hillbilly
  • Turtle Points: 8
  • Male Posts: 4,834
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
Woah. I kinda assumed your Tracker would be "similar" to my Toyota. Damn was I wrong lol.
85 4Runner Build  /  Cool Foreign Toyotas  /  Toyota: We Want Diesel FB Page    Rockcrawlintoy – i guess moms will put the pups up on the beach when they go fisting

Joe S. [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '06
  • need a zuki...
    • View Profile
unfortunaely they arent at all...

THK Matt

• 96ZJ v8
  • Turtle Points: -415
  • Male Posts: 4,823
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a drink
gotta be the sickest Suzuki man..... Love it.
2007 GMC Yukon SLT Daily
5.3L V8, 3.5in Lift, 33X10.5R18 Toyo MTs, Vision Rocker 18x9s powdercoated Mountain Blue Transparent over Speedboat Aluminum

2010 Chevy Tahoe LT Wife's Daily
5.3L V8, 6in Lift, 35s, AMP power steps

2016 Ford F250 XLT CCLB Work/Business Truck
6.2L V8

2001 Ford F350 Lariat CCLB Work/Business Truck
7.3L Powerstroke w/ Banks Turbo

Instagram @ taytershubby13

Joe S. [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '06
  • need a zuki...
    • View Profile
Thanks! I actually sold it now so you may see it on the trails around the northeatern part of the united states.