Author Topic: Incident with a toy on the con  (Read 7901 times)

91xjLimited

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Turtle Points: -2
  • Member since May '06
    • View Profile
Incident with a toy on the con
« on: Sep 06, 2007, 05:50:14 PM »
trying to find the asshat that rammed his stinger into my xj on soup bowl at the con
if you know anything about this please contact me on the PBB.  thanks
-Shomsky

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?p=7214784&posted=1#post7214784

edit by 79coyotefrg

Quote from: shomsky462;7209078
sorry for postin this in your tech forum but im hopin that you guys could help me find someone. . .

last sunday on the rubicon on soup bowl i kinda ran out of gas at the top of it so this guy with a yota put a tow strap on my rock slider on the left side to pull me up right and out. well he pulled me and i was uprighted and for some unknown reason he floors his :pokinit: straight into my 2 rear pass. windowns and destroyed my door, backed off about a foot then does it again.  i yelled at him to stop and a couple seconds later he backed off got out, unstrapped his d-ring, said,":pokinit: happens" and drove off.  i dont think he had any plates but i can try and describe his rig...

it was a late 80's or early 90's black toyota truck, exo'ed, flat bed with cage built into/around it.  the stinger bumper he had on front didnt stick out all that far, he was runnin 2 bottles of propane in back.  might have been runnin 37's but not entirely sure.  His name is DAVE and he probably lives somewhere in or around the tahoe area.

this was definetely not an accident and 0 damage was done to his vehicle in any part of the whole proccess.

again, sorry to post this in the tech forum but what this guy did was totally unecesary and was completely :moon: like.
thank you
-Shomsky

« Last Edit: Sep 06, 2007, 07:00:23 PM by 79coyotefrg »

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
Re: Incident with a toy on the con
« Reply #1 on: Sep 06, 2007, 06:36:37 PM »
thats some crap man,  quote  your first post from PBB  and post it here,  if  i find he's a member here  he wont be long,  thats  just WRONG
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

Shamb

• Raisin in the making..
  • Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 133
  • Male Posts: 3,414
  • Member since Oct '04
  • Proud Parent
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sep 06, 2007, 07:15:28 PM »
 :shake:

call me an a-hole but I can not believe that thread has grown as much as it has.

What's done is done and there isn't a thing you can do about it now. Yea Dave's a jackass for what he did, do you think he's the only one?  hell no... will Dave ever be found?  probably not.

Get over it, learn from it and move on.

That is all.
R.I.P to my Papa, I miss you pops......

Knowledge is power  www.pirate4x4.com/forum

New Buildup in process 85' 4runner "Bad Decisions"
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=52566.0

Check out my 1-ton build up thread
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=22600.0

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sep 06, 2007, 07:32:10 PM »
its  crazy all the  :blah:  over there,  page 8  :yikes:
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

Jakesteads

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: -19
  • Male Posts: 842
  • Member since Mar '07
  • It was Nice....
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sep 06, 2007, 07:37:05 PM »
:shake:

call me an a-hole but I can not believe that thread has grown as much as it has.

What's done is done and there isn't a thing you can do about it now. Yea Dave's a jackass for what he did, do you think he's the only one?  hell no... will Dave ever be found?  probably not.

Get over it, learn from it and move on.

That is all.

man if someone did that to your rig and said tough :pokinit: im pretty sure u would be pissed to... even if you dont care about it, its the way the guy acted man...

i dont think the poster is looking for "revenge" per say... but its good that he is making it known that this guy is a toolbag... and im also sure he prob reads this or pirate and laughed about it...
I like Toyota

Duffil

• *lurker*
  • Turtle Points: 138
  • Male Posts: 4,844
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
    • PhotoBucket
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #5 on: Sep 06, 2007, 07:38:39 PM »
why is this now over here?  If it was that big of a deal, you woulda hit him on the spot.  Get over it.

jimbo74

• Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sep 06, 2007, 07:41:47 PM »
why is this now over here?  If it was that big of a deal, you woulda hit him on the spot.  Get over it.

I concur, the time to act should have been then, not a week later
« Last Edit: Sep 06, 2007, 08:03:45 PM by jimbo74 »
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

Shamb

• Raisin in the making..
  • Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 133
  • Male Posts: 3,414
  • Member since Oct '04
  • Proud Parent
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sep 06, 2007, 07:55:06 PM »
man if someone did that to your rig and said tough :pokinit: im pretty sure u would be pissed to... even if you dont care about it, its the way the guy acted man...

i dont think the poster is looking for "revenge" per say... but its good that he is making it known that this guy is a toolbag... and im also sure he prob reads this or pirate and laughed about it...

Agree'd but to my defense, he could not have gotten away that quick... even if he did I would have been able to catch him on the trail and i'm not stranger to playing "bumper cars" on the trail.. I have an exo and i'm not affraid to use it.

I understand that he's trying to get it recognized and didn't say anything about that, as I stated previously.. I just can not believe how large the thread has blown up.. its ridiculous.

R.I.P to my Papa, I miss you pops......

Knowledge is power  www.pirate4x4.com/forum

New Buildup in process 85' 4runner "Bad Decisions"
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=52566.0

Check out my 1-ton build up thread
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=22600.0

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sep 06, 2007, 07:55:41 PM »
it was my understanding  this  was a 17 yo kid,   and this  guy Dave  rammed him  because his  strap was too short  :dunno:

i dont know why  its been going on for a week on PBB  but it just came here.   

now  dude might not  never be found   but i wont allow  this type of behavior here  or  on a trail  in my area. 

young man,  always get pics  if you can,  or at least remember details

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Sep 06, 2007, 07:57:29 PM »

seriously... now i dont condone violence in any way, but that would have been butt kicking time, not a week later

i dont want this  filled up with 8 pages  of  "i woulda kicked his..."   

jimbo74

• Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sep 06, 2007, 08:04:14 PM »
I concur, the time to act should have been then, not a week later

Glen, I edited it, this should be a little bit better
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

MiniSimp

• Outdoor Enthusiast
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 5,120
  • Member since Jan '05
  • SimpsonBrothers.net
    • View Profile
    • Simpson Brothers Photography
« Reply #11 on: Sep 06, 2007, 08:36:00 PM »
Kid wasn't properly prepared, Dave might have hit him on purpose, might not have. Haven't heard his side of the story yet.

That's all there is to it... :shake_head:

Hottrod81

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Male Posts: 1,392
  • Member since Feb '05
  • Full Trucker Effect
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sep 06, 2007, 08:52:02 PM »
How could he let himself run out of gas?

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sep 06, 2007, 09:09:37 PM »
:psss:  carbed truck  bad angle  =  no gas

Hyena

• I'm Legit!!!
  • Turtle Points: 2401
  • Male Posts: 6,715
  • Member since Feb '04
  • AKA Baja Brad
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sep 06, 2007, 09:17:36 PM »
i don't care how beat up my truck is.  if someone did that on purpose and i didn't know them i would be pretty freakin' pissed off too.  i hope he is found and pays for what he did.

bikerboy666_69

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Male Posts: 93
  • Member since Aug '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sep 06, 2007, 10:00:49 PM »
i don't care how beat up my truck is.  if someone did that on purpose and i didn't know them i would be pretty freakin' pissed off too.  i hope he is found and pays for what he did.
i agree its a respect thing, why would u lett the guy go? someone stuck a peice of candy to the window of my POS van and i was pissed (not enough to do anything but still pissed) people who do stuff like that shouldent be allowed to drive.....on the other side of things maybe this guy is over reacting and the guy bumped him wile trying to help him then had to jet who knows i agree he should have acted at the time it happened
Buckle up, I wana try somthing  :bud: Born Crazy

46&2

• Hillbilly
  • Turtle Points: 8
  • Male Posts: 4,834
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sep 06, 2007, 10:09:30 PM »
i dont want this  filled up with 8 pages  of  "i woulda kicked his..."  

I would have kicked his  :moon:....oh sorry

All I can say is if you didn't do anything then, there isnt much hope of solving anything now. It sucks, and I am sorry some douchebag ruined your good time, but it sounds like you are :pokinit: out of luck man.
85 4Runner Build  /  Cool Foreign Toyotas  /  Toyota: We Want Diesel FB Page    Rockcrawlintoy – i guess moms will put the pups up on the beach when they go fisting

fj40forlife

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 156
  • Member since Jul '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sep 06, 2007, 11:39:49 PM »

ya. I would only let some hit my rig like if it was trash. and not just anyone. had to be some alseat know. But I think that's f up to do someone
120 Fabrication

91xjLimited [OP]

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Member since May '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Sep 07, 2007, 01:41:44 AM »

i wasnt out of gas i was just at such a weird angle my fuel pump wasnt suckin anything.

and yeah i should have donw something at the time... but with his buddies standing there with a big ass wrench and saying stuff like " dont piss off dave, hell do stuff like that"  didnt make me any more confident in myself that i could have "taken him" or whatever you wanna call it.

"dave" said,"poop" happens. and booked it outta there. and he was pretty pissed off

bikerboy666_69

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Male Posts: 93
  • Member since Aug '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sep 07, 2007, 06:01:44 AM »
why was HE pissed?
Buckle up, I wana try somthing  :bud: Born Crazy

8D3TOY

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 5
  • Member since May '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sep 07, 2007, 09:16:57 AM »
I think he did the right thing, You dont want to get into a fight out on the trail,who knows what the outcome would be and you are pretty far from medical attention.  I am glad he posted it up it just shows how important it is that offroaders everywhere police themselves,let this guy know that if he is going to act like that then he is not welcome and should not expect any help from others should he ever need it.

91xjLimited [OP]

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Member since May '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sep 07, 2007, 01:05:58 PM »
why was HE pissed?

he said, "god dammit i gotta pull out the winch"
which he never did...
and for all of you that know where soup bowl is on the con... there is way more than enough room to get by...  there was probably about 8-10 rigs that had already passed by me with absolutely no trouble.
some of you are probbly thinking: why did he help you if he was so pissed off?
i dont know. he should have just continued on his way...

91xjLimited [OP]

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Member since May '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sep 07, 2007, 01:09:13 PM »
Kid wasn't properly prepared, Dave might have hit him on purpose, might not have. Haven't heard his side of the story yet.

That's all there is to it... :shake_head:

your right!! i wasnt prepared was I?
i guess ill know next time to take spare glass with me and bondo and body/sheetmetal repair tools. cause you never know when someones stinger is gonna come ramming through your windows...  idiot

MiniSimp

• Outdoor Enthusiast
  • Member since Jan '05
  • SimpsonBrothers.net
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sep 07, 2007, 01:20:40 PM »
your right!! i wasnt prepared was I?
i guess ill know next time to take spare glass with me and bondo and body/sheetmetal repair tools. cause you never know when someones stinger is gonna come ramming through your windows...  idiot
Hey blow me dickbag! If you would have had a longer tow strap none of this would have happened. I've been looking at trucks for the last 2 fawkin hours trying to find the one you've described, but now my search is over. Good luck. :fakeflip:

weirdtimes_7

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Male Posts: 1,032
  • Member since Nov '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sep 07, 2007, 01:21:03 PM »
I agree with both parties.. i would have done something.. but let it go....

And with that said.... Jimbo.... Glen.... Mini... lock this thread :biggthumpup: :gap:

military_stang
:respect:

MiniSimp

• Outdoor Enthusiast
  • Member since Jan '05
  • SimpsonBrothers.net
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Sep 07, 2007, 02:35:35 PM »
From Bluto on PBB

Quote from: Bluto;7218353
Well lets see here!!!, I got a call from Dave today saying that this thread was bashing him. Dave does not have a computer but said he will post as soon as he gets to one. Now if anyone is wondering I'm the #250 guy with the cresent in his hand "that I just got back from the guys saying all this :pokinit:!!!". Its pretty sad when you stop to help people out that :pokinit: like this happens.Now for the real story to come out,On our way back to loon for the Cantinas event there was a white heep stuck in soup bowl and we were asked to help out!!!!.There was a green toy truck with a strap hooked up to the heep, and couldn't pull it out. So dave hooked to the toy with a 10 foot strap and tried to give a little more power to the green toy,that didn't work.Dave then drove to the drivers side and hooked to his slider and backed up to level him out so he could start his heep and SLOWLY drive out with the green toys help.What happend next was "bull crap",The green toy and the heep floored it and almost pulled Dave on his lid.Smartly Dave put it in 1st and drove out of it which caused the first collision.Oh yeah his tires front and rear were more like 1-1half feet of the ground.That pissed dave off and he rammed him,I didn't condone it but it is what it is.Heep yelled stop and dave replied you should of stopped.And by the way dave didn't leave (hit and run) we all stayed there and played on the soup bowl.Dave drives a yota I drive the big red blazer buggy that has a WHITE cage. The heep said sorry and they left ,after playing we continued to loon and we pulled over at the creek crossing befoe the slabs and heep and friends drove by,so you teel me what the flop!!.This little nose running 17 year old should star telling the truth and quit trying to start :pokinit: after the fact.

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Internet Lassies
  • Turtle Points: 11
  • Female Posts: 8,265
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #26 on: Sep 07, 2007, 02:40:26 PM »
Looks like a catch-22 to me :shake:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

iNfErNaL

• El Presidente
  • Turtle Points: 109
  • Male Posts: 7,509
  • Member since Aug '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: Sep 07, 2007, 02:58:14 PM »
From Bluto on PBB

Wow,I didn't see that reply,gonna go check it out right now.Oh the drama.
WWW.GLOBALOFFROADSUPPLY.COM

Support Your Local Brawlers
 www.RockBrawlers.com 

www.offroadtruckshow.com

Hottrod81

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Male Posts: 1,392
  • Member since Feb '05
  • Full Trucker Effect
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Sep 07, 2007, 03:01:04 PM »
This is all B.S.  The only people that know what really went on are the ones that are there.  Maybe these two should act like men and talk to each other.

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Internet Lassies
  • Turtle Points: 11
  • Female Posts: 8,265
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #29 on: Sep 07, 2007, 03:12:55 PM »
This is all B.S.  The only people that know what really went on are the ones that are there.  Maybe these two should act like men and talk to each other.

:werd:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -