Author Topic: It sure is going to get lonely around here......  (Read 4508 times)

weirdtimes_7

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 1,032
  • Member since Nov '06
    • View Profile
It sure is going to get lonely around here......
« on: Sep 04, 2007, 08:17:58 AM »
So here come MCR, and there is a lot of us that arn't going to be there  :therethere: ... and i don't know about a lot of ya'll, but i think it's going to get plently lonely around here knowing i am missing a MCR, and knowing i am going to be sitting behind my desk dreaming of going wheelin  :rivers:....

But anyone who is going, have fun and take a freaking crap load of pics, cause i wanna see as much of the missed action as possible :biggthumpup:

military_stang
:respect:

sinbob

• Offline Rock Master
  • Male Posts: 185
  • Member since Feb '07
  • Buddy may u hav lots of fishies to chase
    • View Profile
yeah me 2 :rivers:
85 flatbed, 22RE,Downey air, redtop, dual 2.28 crawler, high steer, Marlin clutch, 5.29's, ARB rear, lockright front, Warn hubs, wrangler 4" front-skyjacker 4" r-springs w/6" shackels, flip kit, 35x12.5x15 MTR's, sliders, belly, exocage.
:support our troops :usa:
They told me I had to grow old, but they never told me I had to grow up. :cheer:
"life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away" :bananasplit:
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, but learning to dance in the rain :dancing:

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
you better believe there will be a crap load of pics and stories when we get back off the trail.

But first off, don't forget to follow the LBC/Beastmaster cross country convey here:

http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=10805.new#new

And since misery does love company, you are all free to chat amongst yourselves there while we are on the trail. LOL! There was some hysterical conversation last year in our absense.
« Last Edit: Sep 04, 2007, 08:29:30 AM by MrsWillyMammoth »
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

weirdtimes_7 [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Nov '06
    • View Profile
you better believe there will be a crap load of pics and stories when we get back off the trail.
In the meantime you all just have to entertain yourselves. Misery does love company! LOL

HAHAHA, and i know this best, cause i haven't been able to go wheelin for about 2 month's, the wife want's to go but she's too prego to go.... guess i'll have to stick to the smaller stuff till she's not prego anymore... then i'll be good to go...

anyways, back on topic..... PICS PICS AND MORE PICS ARE NEEDED!!!!!

military_stang

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 11
  • Female Posts: 8,265
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
The pics and stories after MCR are always great :yupyup: You'll enjoy them :thumbs:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
prego to go

Hmm, can't resist...the old slogan for Prego sauces..."It's in there"
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

red

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 199
  • Male Posts: 1,616
  • Member since Jan '05
  • irish redhead texan, interesting combo
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer

Hmm, can't resist...the old slogan for Prego sauces..."It's in there"
:rofl2: hahaahahahaha oh thats too good at!!!!

dont worry stang, i'll be missin out as well :rivers:
read and comment :whip:

USAF EOD tech

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 1363
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
I'll be here too!
Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

weirdtimes_7 [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Nov '06
    • View Profile
I hope to go next year, that's when i plan to join everyone for the yearly gathering....

military_stang

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
Don't worry fellas...I'll keep you entertained with all my pertinent old man stuff!
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
That ought to empty the joint out for a few days.  :gap:

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

TurtleTappers91

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -5
  • Male Posts: 310
  • Member since Mar '07
  • ..I walks me a mudhole and I stomps it dry... baby
    • View Profile
RATS!!!!!!!!!!!!I cant go either so rats.

TurtleTappers91

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -5
  • Male Posts: 310
  • Member since Mar '07
  • ..I walks me a mudhole and I stomps it dry... baby
    • View Profile
oh whoops I meant regular rats not conga rats sorry...

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
Stang, I went on a hiking trip the same time as the roundup last year and made a little write up on it.  I think it was titled "while you were at the roundup"?  Some of us, like you, either can't go or don't have a worthy truck.  I'd coincidentally scheduled my vacation at the same time so it kinda worked out, but the board activity probably will be quite a bit lower for a few days again.....
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

topar

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Male Posts: 1,909
  • Member since Aug '06
  • One Toyota + One Mopar = Topar
    • View Profile
 :thumbdown: I still be here.

John Doe

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 469
  • Male Posts: 1,587
  • Member since Jun '05
    • View Profile
    • Bored In Iraq.
anyways, back on topic..... PICS PICS AND MORE PICS ARE NEEDED!!!!!

I'll be sitting this 1 out too :( my ass will be in a guard tower in Iraq. Hope to go next year, but I doubt that 1 as well.
My 85 4Runner build http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=46841.0

peacesells: "Its kinda fun tryin to avoid body damage, just like playing operation with different sound effects"

weirdtimes_7 [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Nov '06
    • View Profile
If i'm not deployed by that time too JohnDoe... i wanna go so bad.... Hey Nate, i was thinking of taking some time off of work while MCR is hoppin, and taking them up to WA to go so my parent's i havent seen in a year...... it's going to be good.

military_stang

CTENG in KS

• Turtle Points: -501
  • Male Posts: 4,295
  • Member since Jun '04
  • ^Alfred the Great
    • View Profile
    • CTENG's Eco-Rant
The Mammoths will record their version...and I will record MY VERSION!  muahahahahaha!

We both have internet on the road so we can update as we go...
IFS is best kept at ambient temperature in a pile of scrap in the backyard.  When kept under a functioning vehicle, it tends to greatly diminish said vehicle's offroad ability.     -reklund5

4Runner: http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=4580.0
Beastmaster: http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=34339.0

weirdtimes_7 [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Nov '06
    • View Profile
The Mammoths will record their version...and I will record MY VERSION!  muahahahahaha!

We both have internet on the road so we can update as we go...

Now see, thats what i'm talking about... :thumbs:

military_stang

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
Now see, thats what i'm talking about... :thumbs:

military_stang

And we will be posting pictures all along the way.
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

weirdtimes_7 [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Nov '06
    • View Profile
And we will be posting pictures all along the way.

SAWEET!!!!!! i know i was looking at the Sighting of the Willy Mammoth thread and was checkin out the pics you shot last time.... very nice... and scenic, can't to take the trip my self.... Actually, it was fall the month after i get out of the service (if i get out).....

I'll prolly do a little wheelin myself while ya'll are kicking some :moon: on the con, nothing big, just something to keep my mind off missing the opertunity to meet all the MC crew and gang..

military_stang

AaronB

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 287
  • Male Posts: 2,452
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Wish I Was Crawling
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
im right with you stang
"Never make your passion your occupation. it will loose it's luster and become work. that's why i never wanted to become a gynecologist!"

I also taught him how to put in 5min of hard work and then spend 15min staring and admiring what you have done...

Willy Mammoth

• Male Posts: 4,252
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
Just remmember there will be a black out while on the trail, unless they have installed a cell tower close by.

Once we regain cell service the updates will continue.
:usa: American by birth, redneck by choice. 

Making Of http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=6472.0  

Sightings Of  http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=10805.0

weirdtimes_7 [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Nov '06
    • View Profile
NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHA :rofl: , i was thinking about this.. i didn't think there would be one out there\

military_stang

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHA :rofl: , i was thinking about this.. i didn't think there would be one out there\

military_stang

I think the very least they could do, if they have any concern for our well being, is to purchase a satellite phone. 

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

weirdtimes_7 [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Nov '06
    • View Profile
I think the very least they could do, if they have any concern for our well being, is to purchase a satellite phone. 

ok diane, you too mark... you heard the man, go buy yourself a satellite phone..... chop chop... time's awastin!!!!! :rofl:

j/k guys..... ya'll have fun, i'll be here waiting for the stories to unfold

military_stang

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
CT was trying to find a super antenna for the cell phone to see if he could get it to work.

Where is the Mammoth?

weirdtimes_7 [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Nov '06
    • View Profile
CT was trying to find a super antenna for the cell phone to see if he could get it to work.

Get one of those 16 foot antenna's, the power it with your motorhome, :rofl: i think you'll be able to reach china then!!!!1

military_stang

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
Take off all the hoods from the trucks and arrange them into a parabolic dish...stand in the middle of the dish and give us a ring. You might not want to do it in direct sunlight...but them again, that would be a good story.

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

weirdtimes_7 [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Nov '06
    • View Profile
Take off all the hoods from the trucks and arrange them into a parabolic dish...stand in the middle of the dish and give us a ring. You might not want to do it in direct sunlight...but them again, that would be a good story.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.....HAHAHAHAHAH..... :rofl: ....HAHAHAHAHA :rofl2:

thats funny there, i don't care who ya are!!!!!

military_stang