Author Topic: memory lane  (Read 11155 times)

Tallchevy

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 236
  • Male Posts: 3,562
  • Member since Dec '06
  • Where were going we don't need roads!
    • View Profile
Re: memory lane
« Reply #60 on: May 08, 2007, 12:41:26 PM »
hey,what about the Block Heads?.
They're driving a Jeep! Thats cool  :thumbs:
:angry: My child is an honor student at Anton Levay's School of Satanic Arts :angry:

87 4Runner redo
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=41959.0
87 Toyota 4Runner, SAS Rig Gallery
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=29877.msg3

Tallchevy

• Member since Dec '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 08, 2007, 12:47:41 PM »

I was pretty average.  I got on my nefews board the other day to show him a few things and yeah..... it's been a while. :smack:  After a few minutes it came back to me but just didn't seem like I was as good as I once was.
I was average too. I was a street skater, I didn't like vert. I was able to olie up 5 steps, rail slide planter boxes, tail slide curbs etc. Now I stick to the basic olie. I need to be able to goto work now. Not like back then you get hurt & stay home from school. Gotta make that money.
:angry: My child is an honor student at Anton Levay's School of Satanic Arts :angry:

87 4Runner redo

iNfErNaL

• El Presidente
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 109
  • Male Posts: 7,509
  • Member since Aug '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 08, 2007, 12:50:48 PM »
Hey man,if us 3 ever get together we should definately bring some boards.It'd probably be pretty funny and I don't think I'd be feelin' good the next day,I'm 29 how'bout y'all?.
WWW.GLOBALOFFROADSUPPLY.COM

Support Your Local Brawlers
 www.RockBrawlers.com 

www.offroadtruckshow.com

abnormaltoy [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 08, 2007, 12:52:48 PM »
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

Tice

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 8
  • Male Posts: 881
  • Member since Feb '05
  • I named my son Wheeler!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 08, 2007, 02:20:16 PM »
Hey man,if us 3 ever get together we should definately bring some boards.It'd probably be pretty funny and I don't think I'd be feelin' good the next day,I'm 29 how'bout y'all?.

Hell Yeah.  :beer: My son will end up a skater too. He has a small one (cheapo wal-mart brand) and tries to ollie like his cousins. He's one 2 so he has no idea what he's doing, just he knows he likes it.   I'll be 31 in two weeks!!!

I've actually thought about buying another. I really don't care for these little tiny wheels they have now though. :dunno:
I don't need a winch, I wheel a TOYOTA!!!!!!!

www.wheelingarizona.com

iNfErNaL

• El Presidente
  • Member since Aug '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 08, 2007, 02:37:09 PM »
I really don't care for these little tiny wheels they have now though. :dunno:
That's what I'm saying!!!.Last wheels I had where Bullet 66.It's been about 18-19 years now but yeah man they got these tiny little low rider wheels nowadays.What was the last board you had?.Mine was a hand me down Vision Gator,I wanted a SC Jeff Grosso.

www.RockBrawlers.com 

www.offroadtruckshow.com

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 08, 2007, 02:54:00 PM »
:headshake:  Man, I wanna be there when you old farts get together and skate :yesnod:  I can't talk to loud though, I was never coordinated enough as a kid to learn (constant growth spurt from age 10-17, shoulda seen me try to play basketball :rofl: ), and no way in hell I'm going to now :gap:

Anyone remember this?

With Mr Laforge from Star Trek: Next Generation?
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

iNfErNaL

• El Presidente
  • Member since Aug '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 08, 2007, 03:00:25 PM »
:headshake:  Man, I wanna be there when you old farts get together and skate :yesnod: 
Hey Jason,it'd be more like TRY to skate.It'll be freakin' funny dude  :rofl2: .If it does ever take place I'll hafta let you know...  :think:  :idea: Hey,what do you think it'd be like for some older cats who haven't skated in 15-20 years to try to skate on the slabs at The Rubicon in September?.  :rofl2:

www.RockBrawlers.com 

www.offroadtruckshow.com

motorider228

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 433
  • Male Posts: 460
  • Member since Apr '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 08, 2007, 03:10:29 PM »
I skated when I was younger (I'm 19 so not the same boards as you guys) but now I'm in to long boarding.  I like to just find huge hills and bomb them on my sector9 with 76mm wheels and some abec5's.  I am actually thinking about ordering another set of long board trucks (probably old school ones like independents) and some wheels then throwing them on an old school styled board just to skate around on and do some smaller hills that I do with my huge board.

Maybe something like one of these boards.

http://www.santacruzskateboards.com/decks/index.php?TYPE=reissues

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 08, 2007, 03:11:42 PM »
Hey Jason,it'd be more like TRY to skate.It'll be freakin' funny dude  :rofl2: .If it does ever take place I'll hafta let you know...  :think:  :idea: Hey,what do you think it'd be like for some older cats who haven't skated in 15-20 years to try to skate on the slabs at The Rubicon in September?.  :rofl2:

:bowdown:  great idea Peps!! You do it I'll be there to document the entire thing (for educational purposes only, of course :gap: ) and to hand out bandaids!  :thumbs:
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

abnormaltoy [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 08, 2007, 03:24:47 PM »
:headshake:  Man, I wanna be there when you old farts get together and skate :yesnod:  I can't talk to loud though, I was never coordinated enough as a kid to learn (constant growth spurt from age 10-17, shoulda seen me try to play basketball :rofl: ), and no way in hell I'm going to now :gap:

Anyone remember this?

With Mr Laforge from Star Trek: Next Generation?

Hah...that right there points up a generational difference...I remember him first as Kunta Kinte!
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

abnormaltoy [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 08, 2007, 03:27:00 PM »

The last time I skated...Johnson was in the White House!

Lyndon not Andrew!

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

motorider228

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 433
  • Male Posts: 460
  • Member since Apr '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 08, 2007, 04:11:25 PM »
Lyndon not Andrew!

Lol it's a good thing you added that at the end, I was going to suggest Andrew until I saw you already addressed it  :rofl2:

Tice

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 8
  • Male Posts: 881
  • Member since Feb '05
  • I named my son Wheeler!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 08, 2007, 04:34:12 PM »
That's what I'm saying!!!.Last wheels I had where Bullet 66.It's been about 18-19 years now but yeah man they got these tiny little low rider wheels nowadays.What was the last board you had?.Mine was a hand me down Vision Gator,I wanted a SC Jeff Grosso.

Last board was Powell. Don't remember the model but it was cool. I broke it doing a rail slide on a curb and never bought another.

:headshake:  Man, I wanna be there when you old farts get together and skate :yesnod: 
?

I think I will practice a little first!!! :gap:
I don't need a winch, I wheel a TOYOTA!!!!!!!

www.wheelingarizona.com

Shoyrtt

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 1,294
  • Member since Feb '05
  • VH Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 08, 2007, 04:53:20 PM »
This thread is themed "skateboard memories" or "vintage arcade memories" so here are my contributions. :greengrin:

My first skateboard in the mid 70s (age 7 or so) was the Black Knight running the old clay wheels. :yikes:

In the old arcade memories, we had a Pong back in the day.  :ha_ha:
JOIN THE BLUE RIBBON COALITION!

http://www.sharetrails.org/

abnormaltoy [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: May 08, 2007, 05:02:24 PM »
Lol it's a good thing you added that at the end, I was going to suggest Andrew until I saw you already addressed it  :rofl2:

I just know the quick witted nature of most of the people on here.

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

Tallchevy

• Member since Dec '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 08, 2007, 05:17:12 PM »
I'll be 37 the 2 weeks after Marlin. I just might have to plan the trip up there & bring my board to skate the slabs. I had Bullet 66. I have OJ's on my Rip Saw.  :think: Thats what my board is, a Schmitt Stix Rip Saw  :smack:
:bowdown:  great idea Peps!! You do it I'll be there to document the entire thing (for educational purposes only, of course :gap: ) and to hand out bandaids!  :thumbs:
Thanks BLACKDOG I'll probably need them  :biked:

87 4Runner redo

mudguts

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 1114
  • Member since Mar '04
  • Meat of the Gods
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 08, 2007, 05:43:21 PM »
how about kids variety shows from the 70's...like "The Sid and Marty Croft Super show"  They had characters like Semour the sea monster, Electra woman and Dyna girl  :eyebrow:, Oh and Wonder bug. Any others? Oh yeah, the Banana splits remember those guys?  :think:  :yikes:
Who are these cats fordh8tr?

:nerv:                                                                                               :turtle: I love T.I.T.S. :turtle:

Tallchevy

• Member since Dec '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 08, 2007, 08:59:06 PM »
Who are these cats fordh8tr?

Dr. Hugo & Shrink
Looks like the early version of Fantasy Island  :rofl2:

87 4Runner redo

fordh8r

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 850
  • Male Posts: 2,588
  • Member since Jan '07
  • when my toyota grows up it'll be just like my chevy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 09, 2007, 12:11:12 AM »
Dr. Hugo & Shrink
Looks like the early version of Fantasy Island  :rofl2:
ya beat me to it...God that goes back a ways. Ok, who remembers 'Lidsville' with all the characters who were hats.

iNfErNaL

• El Presidente
  • Member since Aug '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 09, 2007, 09:33:30 AM »
Ha Ha Ha,trust me dude I think we'll need them.

www.RockBrawlers.com 

www.offroadtruckshow.com