Author Topic: In memory of Zacc S. Witlock pic's added  (Read 1513 times)

dieselsmoke

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -40
  • Male Posts: 134
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
In memory of Zacc S. Witlock pic's added
« on: Jun 09, 2007, 09:29:03 PM »
I'm still having problems dealing with the death of a good friend and coworker, although I was able to purchase his 1 owner 85 Toyota 4x4 p/u from the estate, with a only 301,000 miles. This makes 3 Toyota's in the driveway now, the truck runs and drive great, when I get the tags for it they will read 4 zacc because it will always be his truck. I got it on Monday and it rolled over 302,000 and some change today, I put the tags off my 91 on it and drove it everyday since. The last and best solid axle still going strong, I was also able to get some of his tools as well, we used to work together at Waste Management, he worked on the trucks, I work on heavy equipment.

I plan on installing my utility body off my 86 on his truck and might swap the 22re as well, it needs a trans but I have a g52 that we were going to put in it from my 86 as well. The 22r is tired and it don't like the interstate, other than the bed, a twin stick, a set of sr5 wheels and center caps, inclinometer, power steering, a/c and a stereo. I plan on leaving it like it was, but wait it sounds like I changed everything.

I will get some pic's posted, I hope to have my 86 home today so now my driveway is overcrowded, lets see from oldest to newest
79 Honda CB750f  ( can't find the parts I need )
85 parts donor truck ( ready for the junk man )
85 4x4 Zacc's truck                                     
86 2wd conversion ( the beast I'm building )   
88 Acura Integra ( wrecked )                       
89 crown Victoria ( engine for the 86 )         
91 4x4 still ifs ( work/beater )                   
96 grand am ( my son's car )                     

I need to finish my driveway.

« Last Edit: Jun 17, 2007, 07:23:59 PM by dieselsmoke »

79coyotefrg

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
Re: In memory of Zacc S. Witlock
« Reply #1 on: Jun 10, 2007, 08:27:23 AM »
when you go changing  all this  stuff  you should ask yourself "is  this what Zacc  would do ??"

since  you say "it will always be his truck"
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

jimbo74

• Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jun 10, 2007, 09:24:52 AM »
i would personally get the DMV in order befroe you drive it again.... putting tags on it from another vehicle is highly illegal and a good way for them to impound and destroy the vehicle
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

iNfErNaL

• El Presidente
  • Turtle Points: 109
  • Male Posts: 7,509
  • Member since Aug '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jun 11, 2007, 09:03:06 AM »
  :imwithstupid: 
WWW.GLOBALOFFROADSUPPLY.COM

Support Your Local Brawlers
 www.RockBrawlers.com 

www.offroadtruckshow.com

dieselsmoke [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jun 13, 2007, 07:00:36 PM »
I got the tags ordered today and insurance, so I have temps on it now till the tags come in. I'm going to have the body painted the same as the cab, I think Zacc would be cool with some minor changes, we were going to swap the trans out, and it needs a bed bad. I didn't plan on driving it so much other than home, it just didn't work out that way, I drove it to the dmv. I still haven't got any pic's but my 86 should be home this weekend so I can get pic's of both.

My 86 was a tuff looking little truck with the utility body and 2wd, I can hardly wait to see it on Zacc's truck. He would have liked that, and some of his tool will be in it. That list of changes may be a little long,

dieselsmoke [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Jun 17, 2007, 07:22:48 PM »
Ok I got some pic's. here it goes.

This is the utility body that will be going on it

and here are some of my rig, it's not done yet but it's home at last.

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
Re: In memory of Zacc S. Witlock pic's added
« Reply #6 on: Jun 17, 2007, 07:40:15 PM »
that utility bed is gonna fit on there?  :headscratch:
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

dieselsmoke [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Re: In memory of Zacc S. Witlock pic's added
« Reply #7 on: Jun 17, 2007, 08:03:47 PM »
The utility body was on my 86 ( the white one )  I was going to build a frame for it and have it as a trailer but this will be allot less work and will look bad ass. Outside of hunting Zacc never took the truck off road, I plan on keeping it for a work truck, no lift springs or big tires.  Other than a little rust on the right fender the cab is perfect, I noticed the knuckles are starting to leak a little so I have to reseal the front so I will probably put the empi birf's in since I have a pair.