• View Profile
    • Bone-Stock Plane-Jane 1981 Shortbed Pickup
:o why the heck are they paying so much for that junk? dang
Check out our new Rock Crawling Videos!
2016 56-speed 580:1 Tacoma Rock Crawler   
1981 36-speed 511:1 3RZ-FE Rock Crawler
1987 6-speed Supercharged 4A-GZE MR2
Instagram: @SlowestTacoma
Things are only impossible until they are not.
"The worst of both worlds, the best of neither." -abnormaltoy
"An informed question. But difficult to answer. I am what you see." -Nanaki

NT-OUTBACK [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -2
  • Male Posts: 139
  • Member since Feb '07
    • View Profile
I think it is imperative the car community as a whole requests that venues such as eBay and Craigslist ban all sales of used converters. My fear is that soon as people who have no business  messing around with converters in the first place get wind of what they are selling for on eBay; they will be under our cars stealing them to make a quick buck. This already a big enough problem already

Please people contact eBay and craigslist and request they ban all future sales of used converters.

papa mike

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 328
  • Member since Aug '06
    • View Profile
I think it is imperative the car community as a whole requests that venues such as eBay and Craigslist ban all sales of used converters. My fear is that soon as people who have no business  messing around with converters in the first place get wind of what they are selling for on eBay; they will be under our cars stealing them to make a quick buck. This already a big enough problem already

Please people contact eBay and craigslist and request they ban all future sales of used converters.
:o why the heck are they paying so much for that junk? dang
  they are full of platnum,,,big dollars

jimbo74

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
selling used conerters is already illegal, these people trying to sell them know that....
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
I thought it was only illegal for an autowrecker to sell used cats, but private party there were no regs :headscratch:

Kinda makes me wish I'd kept all the cats off all my parts trucks!

Also, I thought I knew the toyota timeline fairly well, but I evidently didn't know they made corollas in 1889 :yikes:
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

BigMike

• Administrator
  • Turtle Points: 2159
  • Male Posts: 18,292
  • Member since Apr '02
  • 511:1 Club
    • View Profile
    • Bone-Stock Plane-Jane 1981 Shortbed Pickup
  they are full of platnum,,,big dollars

Oh yeah, I head about that :doh: I was just thinking, "don't these idiots know they will still most likely fail smog check with old used cats?" :smack:

I know there is another thread on this, but looking at the pictures and how they are cut, this isn't how they are being stolen, is it? What, by hand with a hacksaw?? :o
Check out our new Rock Crawling Videos!
2016 56-speed 580:1 Tacoma Rock Crawler   
1981 36-speed 511:1 3RZ-FE Rock Crawler
1987 6-speed Supercharged 4A-GZE MR2
Instagram: @SlowestTacoma
Things are only impossible until they are not.
"The worst of both worlds, the best of neither." -abnormaltoy
"An informed question. But difficult to answer. I am what you see." -Nanaki

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
Oh yeah, I head about that :doh: I was just thinking, "don't these idiots know they will still most likely fail smog check with old used cats?" :smack:

I know there is another thread on this, but looking at the pictures and how they are cut, this isn't how they are being stolen, is it? What, by hand with a hacksaw?? :o

:yesnod:  or with a batt. operated sawzall.
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
selling used conerters is already illegal, these people trying to sell them know that....
dont craigslist and ebay have rules in place to prohibit the illegal sale of items? 
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

crawlerdan

• Turtle Points: 1319
  • Male Posts: 4,770
  • Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
lastweek we had 20 or so cats stolen out of the subarus on my lot here

kiyul4130

• Brown Star Award
  • Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 279
  • Male Posts: 3,265
  • Member since Jul '05
  • Turdburgalin since 1985
    • View Profile
like 6 months ago i went over to my friends which was down the street and he had told me (it had happend about an hr or 2 before i got there) that he heard the sound of metal screeching. he went out side then back in. then he went back out and saw some feet under his car. it was a honda that hadnt been running in half a year but someone sure enough was underneath cutting it out with a hacksaw. i told him about this and that the guy was stealing from you. my friend didnt really care and was like w/e it doesnt run, go ahead and take it. i would have hit the guys in the knees with a bat and called the cops where my car was running or not. i would have been pissed.
-kiyul-
92 1 ton ex cab, marlin dual ultimates, 42 iroks, hydro assist, flat bellied, linked and more...
ECV 7-11

KYOTA FOREVER

crawlerdan

• Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
we set up a trap this  wekkend and put 5 cats in a pile near our door, and watched as two methed out doods walked up and took em...they are now in multnoma county jail :stopit:

SQUIRREL MONSTER

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 151
  • Male Posts: 657
  • Member since Jul '05
  • squirrel powered by hampsterous oxide!
    • View Profile
guess, i dont have to worry about mine getting stolen.... mine sits in a box in the attic till smog time comes around  :yupyup: :shhh:

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
Ha, ha, just report them to ebay, it is against federal law to resale a catalytic converter.  :yesnod:
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
Good luck reporting them to ebay!  Since they changed to the new BIGGER AND BETTER ebay motors I haven't been able to turn in any auctions as frauds/scams.  Their supposed advancements have totally jacked up their site! 
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
Then report ebay to the federal govt.

RK

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Male Posts: 757
  • Member since Jul '05
  • Me, crazy?!
    • View Profile
i went thru an reported every sale that came up under the used catalytic converter title.

I was very bored.
Max
Black Hole Racing - 84 Jackalope/79 Devil Bunny/87 Golf - Service rig: 2012 Ram 3500

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club

Yota Up

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -4
  • Member since Feb '06
    • View Profile
Never underestimate the value of a bored soldier...

;)

SQUIRREL MONSTER

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 151
  • Male Posts: 657
  • Member since Jul '05
  • squirrel powered by hampsterous oxide!
    • View Profile
Never underestimate the value of a bored soldier...

;)

no kiddn'!! now what am i gonna do with all these cat's?? :down:

jimbo74

• Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile

in my neighborhood, i use grinders, sawzalls, all that stuff all the time, no one even thinks twice about it.... a lot of the cats on newer vehicles bolt in, a teacher of mine came out to his 2wd tacoma to find a pile of bolts underneath it
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
i went thru an reported every sale that came up under the used catalytic converter title.

I was very bored.

:thumbs:  good job!
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

4x4redneck83

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Male Posts: 31
  • Member since Apr '07
    • View Profile
most people that are stealing thew cats aren't selling them on e-bay or craigslist. there are a few places that will pay anything from $50.00 to over $125.00 per cat depending on type and style. imports are the biggest ones right now. used cats can be sold, just not by shops or wreckers. i've been selling them to a scrap man for sometime now, never stole none just got them from friends when they don't want them.

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
Notice you said selling to a scrap-yard, trust me you may not sell a used cat for reuse it is against federal law.

crawlerdan

• Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
Notice you said selling to a scrap-yard, trust me you may not sell a used cat for reuse it is against federal law.
correct, i have had DEQ at my shop 3 times this month insuring that i am not installing used cats.

and here in portland its "up to 160.00 per cat"

like i said, we had over 20 stolen and i immagine that tweaker had steak for a week on my dime

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
Dan, set up another pile but hook up some batteries to them and make it so he's standing in a puddle deep enough to soak his shoes.  It won't kill him, but it'll give him one helluva shock when he grabs one :yikes:  Or you could just hook it to 220 :_oops:
RIP KYOTA

crawlerdan

• Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
Dan, set up another pile but hook up some batteries to them and make it so he's standing in a puddle deep enough to soak his shoes.  It won't kill him, but it'll give him one helluva shock when he grabs one :yikes:  Or you could just hook it to 220 :_oops:
you read my mind freind.....we set up a pile....and they are in jail....ill leave the details to the immagination :eyebrow: