Author Topic: Justice to a theif  (Read 2681 times)

Tallchevy

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 236
  • Male Posts: 3,562
  • Member since Dec '06
  • Where were going we don't need roads!
    • View Profile
Justice to a theif
« on: Apr 19, 2007, 01:01:28 AM »
This evening I had to drive a truck to Oakland (CA) to the local dealer for some warranty work. When I came around the corner I saw a police car & a body on the side walk that was covered with a white sheet. I thought someone got shot. I found out from the service writer at the dealership that he found the body. He said that he saw this guy around 2:30 PM & he was using 2 scissor style jacks & to raise the passenger side of a car that was abandoned & the passenger side tires were missing. About 6 PM, the service writer went out front to close the gate & saw some shoes sticking out from under the driver side of the car. He then went around to the passenger side & found that the car feel off the scissor jacks. The guys head was pinned between the curb & the lower passenger side of the body. Come to find out, the guy was stealing parts off the car. I guess sometime crime pays (with your life)
:angry: My child is an honor student at Anton Levay's School of Satanic Arts :angry:

87 4Runner redo
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=41959.0
87 Toyota 4Runner, SAS Rig Gallery
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=29877.msg3

iNfErNaL

• El Presidente
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 109
  • Male Posts: 7,509
  • Member since Aug '04
    • View Profile
Re: Justice to a theif
« Reply #1 on: Apr 19, 2007, 02:41:33 AM »
Wow,that's crazy  :shake: .Sucks for the guy and the service writer but he shouldn't have been stealing parts off that car.
WWW.GLOBALOFFROADSUPPLY.COM

Support Your Local Brawlers
 www.RockBrawlers.com 

www.offroadtruckshow.com

sloyota

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 251
  • Male Posts: 818
  • Member since Mar '05
  • 1/4TiLTKrawlers.Petaluma,Ca. 707-766-9592
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Apr 19, 2007, 08:36:29 AM »
Welcome to Oakland.I drive thru there all the time.I dont like it
I'm not responsable for my own action's.

Tallchevy [OP]

• Member since Dec '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Apr 19, 2007, 08:42:17 AM »
I worked at that same dealership for 5 years & can tell you lots of stores of stuff that happened  :smack:
:angry: My child is an honor student at Anton Levay's School of Satanic Arts :angry:

87 4Runner redo

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 11
  • Female Posts: 8,265
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #4 on: Apr 19, 2007, 08:47:40 AM »
Ouch  :ack:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Apr 19, 2007, 09:33:25 AM »
Wow, I feel bad for the service write for having to see that! 

What's the definition of irony again?
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Apr 19, 2007, 09:59:04 AM »
WOW! A two-fer. Justice for the thief and a new Darwin award candidate!
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

Tallchevy [OP]

• Member since Dec '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Apr 19, 2007, 10:12:45 AM »
:funny:

His girlfriend was just balling here eyes out & saying "what am I going to tell his kids!"

Just the thought that he pro-created :smack:

87 4Runner redo

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Apr 19, 2007, 10:58:17 AM »
:funny:

His girlfriend was just balling here eyes out & saying "what am I going to tell his kids!"

Just the thought that he pro-created :smack:

Well Lurlene, tell daddy's young 'uns to go over to the libary ('cause they gots the internet their) and look up this sight...http://www.darwinawards.com/
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

blackdiamond

• Turtle Points: 1174
  • Male Posts: 5,058
  • Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Apr 19, 2007, 11:48:53 AM »

If he was using a jack I doubt he could be a Darwin candidate.

It is sad for his family for both the obvious reasons and the poor example that he set for his children.  :sad2:
1989 4Runner: Dual Ultimate (Inchworm front & Marlin 4.70 rear), Marlin Twin Stick, 1200-lb clutch, 4.88 R&P, Aussie Front, Detroit rear, 30-spline Longs, Long hub gears, ARP hub and knuckle studs & 35x12.50 Cooper STT PRO tires.  Marlin rear bumper & sliders.  FROR front bumper.  SAS with Alcan springs & Rancho 9000XL shocks.  Budbuilt Bolt-on traction bar.  Custom Interior Cage by Those Guys Rod and Customs.

Moab Tested & Rubicon Approved

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Apr 19, 2007, 12:19:50 PM »
If he was using a jack I doubt he could be a Darwin candidate.

Small based scissor jacks w/no stands...killed while trying to steal something. He's a perfect candidate.

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

blackdiamond

• Turtle Points: 1174
  • Male Posts: 5,058
  • Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Apr 19, 2007, 02:18:42 PM »
Small based scissor jacks w/no stands...killed while trying to steal something. He's a perfect candidate.

To be a candidate you must be doing something that could very obviously lead to serious injury or death.  Any type of auto jack is technically sufficient for removing wheels and tires.  If he had used one jack and a bowling ball or had a buddy hold one end up then he might qualify.  The fact that he was stealing has nothing to do with a Darwin Award nomination.
1989 4Runner: Dual Ultimate (Inchworm front & Marlin 4.70 rear), Marlin Twin Stick, 1200-lb clutch, 4.88 R&P, Aussie Front, Detroit rear, 30-spline Longs, Long hub gears, ARP hub and knuckle studs & 35x12.50 Cooper STT PRO tires.  Marlin rear bumper & sliders.  FROR front bumper.  SAS with Alcan springs & Rancho 9000XL shocks.  Budbuilt Bolt-on traction bar.  Custom Interior Cage by Those Guys Rod and Customs.

Moab Tested & Rubicon Approved

jimbo74

• Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Apr 19, 2007, 02:45:31 PM »
scissor jacks are for 1 wheel at a time, not btoo bad if it falls, as for supporting half of the vehicle, hes an idiot
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Apr 19, 2007, 02:51:05 PM »
To be a candidate you must be doing something that could very obviously lead to serious injury or death.  Any type of auto jack is technically sufficient for removing wheels and tires.  If he had used one jack and a bowling ball or had a buddy hold one end up then he might qualify.  The fact that he was stealing has nothing to do with a Darwin Award nomination.

We can go on with this forever.

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Apr 19, 2007, 03:04:16 PM »
:dunno: I'd count it.  Even on with the truck on stands, its just not smart to lay across the underside of a car.  For this reason :dunno:

I can't say that this isn't an example of poetic justice, too bad it was wasted on an abandoned car. 

I do feel for his kids and the service guy though.  :down: 
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #15 on: Apr 20, 2007, 10:21:34 PM »
It's a Darwin, what the hell was he doing crawling under that car with only a scissors jack holding it up.
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you