Author Topic: 30th Birthday...A Big Deal?.  (Read 9738 times)

79coyotefrg

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
Re: 30th Birthday...A Big Deal?.
« Reply #60 on: Apr 14, 2007, 09:56:52 AM »
Starter on my work truck went out. I started my shift at 6am and clocked out at 9:30 PM.  :rivers:   Hey Peps Ive been bustin my brain trying to figure out how to place a picture of my rig as my profile. Can you help me out?
you mean as your avatar ??   go to the top of the page  and click on the PROFILE  button,   then select  "forum profile information"   then  you will  need a  like 150x150  image  you can download
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

cruzila

• Go go cruzila!
  • Hawk
  • Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 41
  • Male Posts: 3,848
  • Member since May '02
  • MC20/21 Toybox #002 2.28 = 154:1
    • View Profile
    • MTA
« Reply #61 on: Apr 14, 2007, 10:03:54 AM »
I don't know how to start this thread  :shake: ,One of my good friends turned 30 this last weekend and his GF planned a big surprise birthday party for him in Vegas during the Viva Las Vegas event.I didn't go because I wanted to stay home and work on my rig,then just a few minutes ago I get this phone call from my other good buddie's sister telling me that she's planning a big surprise 30th birthday party for him and wants me to attend.Now,I didn't think it was a big deal untill I started thinking I'm gonna turn 30 in a few months.So I started thinking about a lot of things and all of a sudden I'm depressed  :down:  .I have no real reason to,I'm 29,married,have 2 beautiful sons,some toys,a great job and LOTS of great friends.I don't expect a surprise party,hell I haven't had a b-day party in years nor did I throw one for my wife when she turned 30 a couple months back.I guess I'm just curious as to what those of you that HAVE reached or passed that age did or how you felt or if it was even a big deal for you because I guess it seems to be a big thing for some people  :dunno: .

Look at it as an excuse to surround your self with what is the most important thing in this life. Friends and family. I know we did a party for me at 40 and it really meant alot to me. The surprise thing is kinda cool too. I just attended a surprise party for a guy turning 70!! That one you gotta wonder if it is a smart thing to do.
If you would like to help save the Rubicon, send money to the Rubicon Trail Foundation

Friends of Eldorado National Forest

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: Apr 14, 2007, 01:26:36 PM »
I think it's a big deal. I turned 30 2 months ago and I keep saying to myself, "man, I'm old. man, I'm old. crap, im old" It's kinda weird. I'm not sure if I like it yet.  :cheese:
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: Apr 14, 2007, 01:32:25 PM »
I think it's a big deal. I turned 30 2 months ago and I keep saying to myself, "man, I'm old. man, I'm old. crap, im old" It's kinda weird. I'm not sure if I like it yet.  :cheese:

:psss:  "Man, you're old.  Man, you're old.  Crap, you're old."

:hahaha:
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

Lopz 4Xs

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 47
  • Member since Mar '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: Apr 14, 2007, 06:14:08 PM »
Heck with you only turn 30 once in your life :welcome: Enjoy everyday it takes to get their and even more everyday after!!!!!!!! :beer:
It's no fun without FAMILY!!!

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: Apr 14, 2007, 07:19:26 PM »
Infernal, I didn't read any of the other replies here, but 30 is SO not a big deal!!!
40 is SO not a big deal!!!
50? I'm not sure yet...
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

mickeyfinn

• Offline Rock Master
  • Male Posts: 142
  • Member since Dec '06
  • so many projects so little time
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: Apr 14, 2007, 08:14:29 PM »
 :dunno: what the big deal is. i told myself when i was about 20 that i would not make a big deal out of age. it is very true what they say you only feel as old as you think you are. i am 48 looking at 49 then 50  :dancing: can't wait. i have set goals for myself for certain ages. that is what keeps me thinking young. so have fun as you go. oh and btw family is what it is all about. ENJOY :crazyjumpy:

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: Apr 14, 2007, 09:02:40 PM »
I just attended a surprise party for a guy turning 70!! That one you gotta wonder if it is a smart thing to do.

:rofl2:
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!