Author Topic: Project/Truck names??  (Read 3917 times)

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1346
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
Project/Truck names??
« on: Apr 07, 2007, 02:17:52 PM »
Ok, I know alot of us have truck/project names for our rigs!  You got the Mammoth, project cheap build by Glenn, and so on!  So, how do ya come by these names?  I've been thinking of trying to come up with a cool project name for my rig, or even a truck name!  It's tough!  Sometimes the best names given, are just accidental.  Some drunk buddy, g/f, wife, or even some wheeling trip, will come up with the best name! 

I've been stewing around the idea of, "Project Dean~O!" for my rig/build-up!  Only for the reason, that if it wasn't for Dean, 4THEWKN, I wouldn't be here on this board, I would have never got to meet and know all you wonderful people, I would have never gone rock crawling with Dean, never would have met Marlin and Bigmike, (who are the coolest!) and especially, I would still be driving a POS nissan, wondering what type of rig do I want to buy!  Taking all that I have experienced and read in the last 3 years, Toyota's is where it's at for vehicle and their possibilities and potential! 
I've also been thinking of Turbo, I always am saying, "Slow down there turbo!"  Or even "Cheesy" and get it painted to look like a holstein cow! 

So, tell us your stories on your project/truck names, and what you think about my project name!  I'll take honest criticism, I'll be willing to consider other ideas!   So, post up and give me some ideas, even the idea I'm crazy!  That will work too! 

So, let's hear your stories!!
Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
Re: Project/Truck names??
« Reply #1 on: Apr 07, 2007, 02:20:15 PM »

So, tell us your stories on your project/truck names  So, let's hear your stories!!
My truck is the "tree-hugger" partly because I'm a stinking hippie and partly because she is really attracted to trees!
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

CTENG in KS

• Turtle Points: -501
  • Male Posts: 4,295
  • Member since Jun '04
  • ^Alfred the Great
    • View Profile
    • CTENG's Eco-Rant
« Reply #2 on: Apr 07, 2007, 03:34:09 PM »
I went with the very obvious...Cteng_Rig....don't forget the underscore...very important.
IFS is best kept at ambient temperature in a pile of scrap in the backyard.  When kept under a functioning vehicle, it tends to greatly diminish said vehicle's offroad ability.     -reklund5

4Runner: http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=4580.0
Beastmaster: http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=34339.0

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Apr 07, 2007, 04:38:46 PM »
Some have heard the story of the naming of the Mammoth.
Mark called me one day and said "I have the perfect name for the Willys" He was his companies shop and there was a name plate on the floor that read "Mammoth"... and BINK! The lightbulb came on :think: and so the Willy Mammoth was born. Simple as that.
He thought it was for some piece of equipment but I believe as it turned out it was for a trash removal company. LOL
I like the idea of you doing something in memory of Dean, that would be cool. Maybe something like Dino (like the flintstones Dino) ... but the cheese slant is fun too.
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

blackdiamond

• Turtle Points: 1174
  • Male Posts: 5,060
  • Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Apr 07, 2007, 05:35:41 PM »
My dad actually came up with my truck name/CB handle blackdiamond.  It came from the truck being black and my aspiration to run the difficult trails.  In Colorado, where I grew up, black diamond is a ski rating and I have seen a couple of books that rated 4x4 trails this way.  On the board my name was shortened to "bd" for ease in typing.  Gotrocks suggested bdrunner for the 4Runner build to replace the truck.  The name blackdiamond is here to say, so I guess it is the bdtruck of the past and the bdrunner of the present and future.
1989 4Runner: Dual Ultimate (Inchworm front & Marlin 4.70 rear), Marlin Twin Stick, 1200-lb clutch, 4.88 R&P, Aussie Front, Detroit rear, 30-spline Longs, Long hub gears, ARP hub and knuckle studs & 35x12.50 Cooper STT PRO tires.  Marlin rear bumper & sliders.  FROR front bumper.  SAS with Alcan springs & Rancho 9000XL shocks.  Budbuilt Bolt-on traction bar.  Custom Interior Cage by Those Guys Rod and Customs.

Moab Tested & Rubicon Approved

AaronB

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 287
  • Male Posts: 2,452
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Wish I Was Crawling
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #5 on: Apr 07, 2007, 06:17:24 PM »
I came up with "Frankenstein" because my truck is a bunch of different trucks put together.
"Never make your passion your occupation. it will loose it's luster and become work. that's why i never wanted to become a gynecologist!"

I also taught him how to put in 5min of hard work and then spend 15min staring and admiring what you have done...

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Apr 07, 2007, 06:36:50 PM »
3.0 killer because I've already gone through 2 motors and am on my 3rd  :smack:
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

blackdiamond

• Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Apr 07, 2007, 06:39:46 PM »
3.0 killer because I've already gone through 2 motors and am on my 3rd  :smack:

BD,

Shouldn't it be Killer 3.0 like a Windows version or are you actually the 3.0 engines?

bd

ps. Notice how I reinforced who is who on this board.   Somebody on my build thread said that you had gotten in trouble.
1989 4Runner: Dual Ultimate (Inchworm front & Marlin 4.70 rear), Marlin Twin Stick, 1200-lb clutch, 4.88 R&P, Aussie Front, Detroit rear, 30-spline Longs, Long hub gears, ARP hub and knuckle studs & 35x12.50 Cooper STT PRO tires.  Marlin rear bumper & sliders.  FROR front bumper.  SAS with Alcan springs & Rancho 9000XL shocks.  Budbuilt Bolt-on traction bar.  Custom Interior Cage by Those Guys Rod and Customs.

BikerTrash

• Offline Rock Master
  • Male Posts: 207
  • Member since Aug '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Apr 07, 2007, 07:09:24 PM »
Well my uncle called my truck the "Batmobile" once and it kinda stuck. Black truck, black rims, brown dirt.

Could be worse, my little brother had been trying to get everone to refer to it as "The Brick" untill then.

I wonder if the name is going to stick around after I repaint it?

Out of the names you mentioned I think cheesy would be the better choice.
There is a fine line between clever and stupid, I just wish I knew when I crossed it.

84 4runner
02 Suzuki V-Strom
95 Honda 1100C1
06 Ram 2500 4x4
(please note, listed in order of preference)

Wermz84

• Rock Nerd!
  • Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 921
  • Male Posts: 3,518
  • Member since May '05
  • Ouch My Eye!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Apr 07, 2007, 08:34:57 PM »
I am waiting for the right moment of inspiration for the proper name, I have been mulling it over for months now.   I just need the   :idea:  and presto I will start a thread..   I swear.
I like to Drive!

topar

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Male Posts: 1,909
  • Member since Aug '06
  • One Toyota + One Mopar = Topar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Apr 08, 2007, 12:52:07 AM »
My trucks name is Squezzy.  A 7 year old named my truck that cause if you squeeze the guy on the hood his eyes pop out.  It kinda stuck.  I call myself Topar on here since I drive a Toyota and a Mopar.

blackdiamond

• Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Apr 08, 2007, 10:39:53 AM »
How about calling your truck "Chester?"  I'll see if anyone gets the connection. 

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #12 on: Apr 08, 2007, 10:47:55 AM »
The last rig I did I named it Operation Junkerai for the obvious reasons.

The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Apr 08, 2007, 05:50:11 PM »
BD,

Shouldn't it be Killer 3.0 like a Windows version or are you actually the 3.0 engines?

bd

ps. Notice how I reinforced who is who on this board.   Somebody on my build thread said that you had gotten in trouble.

:nope:  3.0 killer, as in, the motor that is in my truck is the third one to reside there since 2005 :smack:

What'd I get in trouble for now?   :angel:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

-Ronald Reagan

Wermz84

• Rock Nerd!
  • Member since May '05
  • Ouch My Eye!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Apr 08, 2007, 05:53:21 PM »
:nope:  3.0 killer, as in, the motor that is in my truck is the third one to reside there since 2005 :smack:

What'd I get in trouble for now?   :angel:

I thought it was because you were drag racing in your truck again.    :silly:

:psss:  Ive never seen you in trouble on the board.
I like to Drive!

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Apr 08, 2007, 06:37:30 PM »
I thought it was because you were drag racing in your truck again.    :silly:

:nope: couldn't be.  if I were drag racing, I'd be more like 30. killer  (ya know, 30 seconds  :smack: )

-Ronald Reagan

blackdiamond

• Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Apr 08, 2007, 07:38:54 PM »
Now that I have received a PM about the origin of Chester, cheesemake, cheetos and the cheetah chester.

:greengrin:

Is that crunch the sound of a cheeto or a broken part?  :dunno:

RynothealbinO

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -15
  • Male Posts: 141
  • Member since Aug '06
  • 36's on no lift!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Apr 08, 2007, 07:59:28 PM »
People have always thought my Toyota was a Jeep (my Scout too).  I really don't know why people think that they look the same but it is always "don't you drive that Jeep thing?".  So one day I was ranting about how I hated people calling it a Jeep, and well... lets just say there is no going back now.  Now I have two year olds calling me "Jeep Guy".  I have people from that age up to at least in their eighties calling it a Jeep, even my 60 year old boss, just to make me mad.  I have gotten over it now (it is just a truck after all) but people have gotten so used to calling at a Jeep that they can't go back.  So that is my truck name story.
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge him and he will make your paths straight.  Proverbs 3:5-6  Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love and in purity.  1 Timothy 4:12

*** YELLER ***

• BIGMIKE SAID I WAS A CLOWN SO .... GUESS THATS THAT
  • Turtle Points: 314
  • Male Posts: 4,686
  • Member since Oct '05
  • USMC NO BETTER FRIEND NO WORSE ENEMY
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a soda
« Reply #18 on: Apr 08, 2007, 08:18:21 PM »
yea well I think you can figure it out

as far as the Runner I dont know yet

:usa: :beerwhack:
MY ONLY REGRET IS THAT I HAVE NOTHING USEFUL TO OFFER THIS FORUM  :moon:
except BACON

topar

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Male Posts: 1,909
  • Member since Aug '06
  • One Toyota + One Mopar = Topar
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Apr 08, 2007, 08:49:34 PM »
Hay oldyellercj what is the Marine dogs name?  How about that for your 4 wheeler?  Tribute to the Marines and both are tough!  :usa:

SQUIRREL MONSTER

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 151
  • Male Posts: 657
  • Member since Jul '05
  • squirrel powered by hampsterous oxide!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Apr 10, 2007, 12:41:00 AM »
Squirrel came from the obvious power output of the motor in my truck and  Monster came from my 84 x-cab's height that was just bigger then some of the lifted monster fords around town. :yupyup:

most of my cars have thus far just been refered to as "The Squirrel"  :spin:

and for those of you who asked... the picture in the signature was given to me because i had sold my x-cab and bought a chevy. only to be short lived realizing the mistake i had made and come back to toyota with the 4Runner i now have.  :driving:
« Last Edit: Apr 10, 2007, 12:46:16 AM by SQUIRREL MONSTER »

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 11
  • Female Posts: 8,265
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #21 on: Apr 10, 2007, 10:39:35 AM »
Ya'll know what mine are :hahaha:

toymiga

Hillbilly Deluxe's name when I'm workin on er is the foul word for female dog :disturbed:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

MiniSimp

• Outdoor Enthusiast
  • Male Posts: 5,120
  • Member since Jan '05
  • SimpsonBrothers.net
    • View Profile
    • Simpson Brothers Photography
« Reply #22 on: Apr 10, 2007, 10:52:28 AM »
Hay oldyellercj what is the Marine dogs name?  How about that for your 4 wheeler?  Tribute to the Marines and both are tough!  :usa:
I like it, but I also like "Project Teufelhunden"

*** YELLER ***

• BIGMIKE SAID I WAS A CLOWN SO .... GUESS THATS THAT
  • Turtle Points: 314
  • Male Posts: 4,686
  • Member since Oct '05
  • USMC NO BETTER FRIEND NO WORSE ENEMY
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a soda
« Reply #23 on: Apr 10, 2007, 06:44:55 PM »
I like it, but I also like "Project Teufelhunden"

I like it too, but I think project " DEVIL DOG " would be easier :biggthumpup: :yesnod:

:usa: :beerwhack:
MY ONLY REGRET IS THAT I HAVE NOTHING USEFUL TO OFFER THIS FORUM  :moon:
except BACON

Wermz84

• Rock Nerd!
  • Member since May '05
  • Ouch My Eye!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Apr 11, 2007, 09:06:37 AM »
that's funny.  Ive actually been trying to think of a german name involving a worm.  :yupyup:
I like to Drive!

blackdiamond

• Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Apr 11, 2007, 11:47:34 AM »
that's funny.  Ive actually been trying to think of a german name involving a worm.  :yupyup:

"WormCrout" or "Notfarfromcrawlin"

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 11
  • Female Posts: 8,265
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #26 on: Apr 11, 2007, 02:25:35 PM »

:hahaha: How bout 'WermBuster' :rofl:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

blackdiamond

• Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: Apr 11, 2007, 05:27:14 PM »
:hahaha: How bout 'WermBuster' :rofl:

or SasserWerm  :yupyup:

rlwjaw

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -123
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Apr 11, 2007, 06:36:16 PM »
We have tortuga rojo & tortuga blanco. Both 89 xtracab, sas, 22re, w/37mtr & dual cases.

Wermz84

• Rock Nerd!
  • Member since May '05
  • Ouch My Eye!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Apr 12, 2007, 02:31:11 AM »
:rofl:  you three are funny!!     Ill squeeze them all together somehow.  :silly:
I like to Drive!