Author Topic: T-Case/Driveline Brake?  (Read 1997 times)

Yota Tony

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 274
  • Member since Feb '07
    • View Profile
T-Case/Driveline Brake?
« on: Apr 02, 2007, 06:21:05 PM »
So it seems I don't have a e-brake in my truck. The cable is there but I can't find a lever or pedal (or even the remains of one) any where.
Since I need an e-brake to pass inspection and not having one is just dumb imo, I'm looking at a t-case/driveline brake. Both All Pro and Sky Man. make a kit.

Which should I go with?
Anthony

Looking For 82-83 Hilux - Must Be 5spd, able to run and drive, Square headlights and no rust!
82 Build - http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=31283 - Dead

jimbo74

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
Re: T-Case/Driveline Brake?
« Reply #1 on: Apr 02, 2007, 07:01:33 PM »
just a note if its for inspection purposes, they want an OE brake most times and offroad mofified ones arent going to work.... i would makethe stock one work or figure out if they will actually pass it with a driveline brake..... as most of the stuff for inspection needs to be regulated, i doubt they will pass a driveline rotor with a caliper as sufficient
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #2 on: Apr 02, 2007, 07:18:52 PM »
i vote allpro
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Apr 02, 2007, 07:34:52 PM »
just a note if its for inspection purposes, they want an OE brake most times and offroad mofified ones arent going to work.... i would makethe stock one work or figure out if they will actually pass it with a driveline brake..... as most of the stuff for inspection needs to be regulated, i doubt they will pass a driveline rotor with a caliper as sufficient

I don't see why they wouldn't, but I'd call and check, just to make sure :thumbs:

If the cable is there, check around where your right knee comes close to the dash.  The pedal assembly may have been removed.  You can find a new assembly at a junkyard :thumbs:
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

Yota Tony [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Feb '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Apr 02, 2007, 07:51:21 PM »
I know the mechanic so he'll over look small things like that for me.

My right knee? or my left?
I'll look and see if the pedal was removed. I don't think I'll be finding one at a junk yard.
Anthony

Looking For 82-83 Hilux - Must Be 5spd, able to run and drive, Square headlights and no rust!

Yota Tony [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Feb '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Apr 02, 2007, 08:01:12 PM »
Well, you're all gonna laugh at me, sorry I'm a bit new to Toyotas lol.

Toyotas don't have an actual pedal but rather a rod/handle that you pull to engage and turn/push to disengage.
Anthony

jimbo74

• Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Apr 02, 2007, 08:03:48 PM »
knowing the mechanic and knowing what they will or wont pass of will need to be instpected... most people will not risk their licenses to pass you unless its a really good friend.....

as far as the oe goes, there is a t handle lever that comes up to the right of the gas pedal near the ateering column
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

Yota Tony [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Feb '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Apr 02, 2007, 08:32:41 PM »
When I say he will over look stuff I mean something like a brake bulb or something or tires not having enough tread, something small like that. Any serious mechanical things he will tell me about and I'll fix or if it's something I can't deal with then he will fix it.

I found the e-brake handle, new one for me. I'm not sure if it works or how well it works so I'll check it out.
Anthony