Author Topic: 00 xj mods  (Read 1613 times)

Not A Toy

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -1
  • Male Posts: 322
  • Member since Mar '07
    • View Profile
00 xj mods
« on: Mar 02, 2007, 11:20:26 AM »
Im going to put a aussie locker in the rear axle, some bushwacker flares, make a new bumper for the rear, strengthen the unibody (farther down the line unless it gives me anymore guff) has anyone installed a set of the bushwacker flares? how fun are they to put on? id also like to do stainless steel brakelines and either remove my swaybar or get the disconnects. if anyone has any time saving knowledge then please feel free to reply away thanks :flamer:
_[O!!!!!O]_

People often ask how they stack crap so tall....

Talon84x4

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 375
  • Male Posts: 919
  • Member since Mar '06
    • View Profile
Re: 00 xj mods
« Reply #1 on: Mar 02, 2007, 12:26:38 PM »
 :welcome: ,I don't know anything about jeeps or fender flairs, but I've got aussies front and rear and love them for the price. 

As for the sway bar, many of the rigs here don't run them at all. You could take it off and drive around to see if you like the feel or not. Depends on how much you wheel? and what kind of wheeling you do. More info?

:twocents:

Low & Slow 84 PU - http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=31982.0
Central Valley Crawlers

Not A Toy [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -1
  • Male Posts: 322
  • Member since Mar '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Mar 02, 2007, 05:28:11 PM »
I plan on going 5 or so times a month as soon as the weather improves, it will be nothing to drastic. Just mudding with my buddies climbing up hills, providence canyon is really rocky terrain, thats why i chose the aussies because I guess they have the best road manners out of all the lockers not including lsd of course, I dont go enough or do hard enough stuff to justify a detroit or arb, and the price is awesome. its just a wait for 2 months until they come out with one for my rear axle (chrysler 8.25). how do the aussies behave roadwise in your rig? is there anyway that disconnecting the swaybar would allow you to over flex and cause the springs to come out? or would that only be in a extreme case? thanks for the input by the way.
_[O!!!!!O]_

People often ask how they stack crap so tall....

Talon84x4

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 375
  • Male Posts: 919
  • Member since Mar '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Mar 03, 2007, 12:34:12 AM »
Sounds good, hoping to get a lot of wheeling in this summer unlike last.  :biggthumpup:

Road manners for the aussies are great, depending on how sharp of turns you have to make in your daily drive  :yupyup: , sharp enough will get them to lock up if you're trying to power through a turn(this only happens in my neighborhood if i'm going around the corner at the same time as someone else and have to keep it tight). As far as normal road driving I havn't had any problems. Tire wear hasn't been bad either.

I wouldn't be too worried about overflexing without the sway bars, your shocks will probably limit that before anything else. My springs are clamped so I can't say anything for the springs separating or coming out. Sounds like an extreme case. There's some diy sway bar disconnects around if you do a search that you could modify to fit you swaybar setup if you still wanted the road manners.
Low & Slow 84 PU - http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=31982.0
Central Valley Crawlers