Author Topic: Team Marlin Crawler- 2007 WEROCK  (Read 48482 times)

snowshoebrue

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 447
  • Male Posts: 1,152
  • Member since Jun '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Re: Team Marlin Crawler- 2007 WEROCK
« Reply #90 on: Jun 06, 2007, 05:04:38 PM »
jason,
  i planned on going up again this year.  i went last year and it was sweet.  i would be fun if we all could get together an go up.  i'll ask justina and matt if they are down

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: Jun 06, 2007, 10:05:04 PM »
jason,
  i planned on going up again this year.  i went last year and it was sweet.  i would be fun if we all could get together an go up.  i'll ask justina and matt if they are down

I wanted to go last year, but never bothered to find out when it was :smack: 
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

Duffil

• *lurker*
  • Turtle Points: 138
  • Male Posts: 4,844
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
    • PhotoBucket
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #92 on: Jun 06, 2007, 10:22:40 PM »
jason,
are you going up saturday or sunday?  I'd like to roll as well, but saturday is always out.

snowshoebrue

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 447
  • Male Posts: 1,152
  • Member since Jun '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: Jun 07, 2007, 06:49:56 PM »
either day.  i believe we went up on sunday last year.

Wermz84

• Rock Nerd!
  • Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 921
  • Male Posts: 3,518
  • Member since May '05
  • Ouch My Eye!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: Jun 08, 2007, 08:15:34 AM »
Dang I want to go and watch.  I might have to work that saturday.  :down:
I like to Drive!

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: Jun 08, 2007, 06:46:10 PM »
:dunno: so how do these events work anyway? 

I'd love to go and watch both days, do they do prelimanaries, and then finals or something?  :dunno:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

-Ronald Reagan

ZukIzzy

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -113
  • Member since Dec '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: Jun 08, 2007, 08:19:21 PM »
WeRock runs 2 day events, 4 coarses on the first day for the F-toys, rhinos, stock mods, super mods and unlimiteds. Then on the second day they run 4 more. the lowest score of all 8 coarses wins for the F-toys, Rhinos, and stock mods. Then the top 6 Super Mods and Unlimiteds run one last coarse called the Shoot Out. It is usually a tough one with lots of points possible and lots of chances to get stuck or roll. the lowest score of all 9 coarses wins for each class.

Come either day and it will be worth it. Saturday is my favorite because everyone is still in the game and you get to see lots of cool driving, breakage and sometimes new guys trying to figure it out. Sunday is cool too if you can stay for the shoot out, lots of the top guys still running but there are times when the strategy of day 2 can be hard to follow and a bit boring. On the plus side of sunday there is usually a team or 2 that does incredible stuff trying to make up points.

If you come stop and say hi to Team Izzy in the mango colored YJ in the stock mod class. Our driver is easy on the eyes :love:

Wayne

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: Jun 08, 2007, 08:44:16 PM »
WeRock runs 2 day events, 4 coarses on the first day for the F-toys, rhinos, stock mods, super mods and unlimiteds. Then on the second day they run 4 more. the lowest score of all 8 coarses wins for the F-toys, Rhinos, and stock mods. Then the top 6 Super Mods and Unlimiteds run one last coarse called the Shoot Out. It is usually a tough one with lots of points possible and lots of chances to get stuck or roll. the lowest score of all 9 coarses wins for each class.

Come either day and it will be worth it. Saturday is my favorite because everyone is still in the game and you get to see lots of cool driving, breakage and sometimes new guys trying to figure it out. Sunday is cool too if you can stay for the shoot out, lots of the top guys still running but there are times when the strategy of day 2 can be hard to follow and a bit boring. On the plus side of sunday there is usually a team or 2 that does incredible stuff trying to make up points.

If you come stop and say hi to Team Izzy in the mango colored YJ in the stock mod class. Our driver is easy on the eyes :love:

Wayne

yessir :usa: 

:thumbs: thanks.  Man, I'd really like to go for all of it.  Anyone know about the camping/parking/staying situation?  do they let people camp at the Ski Ranch, or do you need to find a site elsewhere?? 

-Ronald Reagan

Wermz84

• Rock Nerd!
  • Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 921
  • Male Posts: 3,518
  • Member since May '05
  • Ouch My Eye!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: Jun 09, 2007, 08:06:56 AM »
thanks for the Info ZukIzzy.  :yesnod:

Ive been wondering that as well BlackDog.
I like to Drive!

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Internet Lassies
  • Turtle Points: 11
  • Female Posts: 8,265
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #99 on: Jun 09, 2007, 08:14:48 AM »
Thanks Mike, we definately worked for it. We drew forth in the running order (out of 7) which is the best we have ever drew. This way we are in the middle of the pack on day one, and on day two when they invert the starting order we are in the middle of the pack again.
We finished day one 30 points ahead of second place feeling pretty confident. Well day 2 brought some REALLY hard courses. We cleaned the forst course. The second course killed us. We ended up timing out and scored a 40. this put Trail gear within striking range. The third course we scored a 3, but Matt scored a 1. This put Trail Gear 1 point ahead of us going into the last course.
Jerry and I worked almost flawless together scoring a 6 but Matt was competing after us so he had the advantage of being able to watch us and do exactly what we did. He was on his was to beating us by one point when he went out of bounds and was disqualified.
We took first, cody and Hal Deuschamp took second, and Matt ended up third.

Thanks to all the guys at Marlin Crawler for building a winning rig, and Marlin himself for coming out and supporting us.

:wave: I didn't know you drive for MC that's sweet!
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Internet Lassies
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #100 on: Jun 09, 2007, 08:16:59 AM »
The next comp is at Donner Ski Ranch in truckee Ca. on June 30, July 1. come on out, we'd like to see you there.

I'm there :hyper:

We have a buddy who has a suburban, we can all meet at our place and carpool up there just everyone pitch in some :bling: for gas...

Justin? Jason? :crossed:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

desertoy

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 3
  • Member since Dec '03
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: Jun 12, 2007, 11:55:19 AM »
I'm there :hyper:

We have a buddy who has a suburban, we can all meet at our place and carpool up there just everyone pitch in some :bling: for gas...

Justin? Jason? :crossed:

Make sure you stop by and say hi. It's nice to have people come out and support us.

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Internet Lassies
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #102 on: Jun 12, 2007, 11:56:21 AM »
Make sure you stop by and say hi. It's nice to have people come out and support us.

Heck yeah! I'm planning on being there. But I have a bachelorette party to be at at 7pm.. I'm wondering if I can be back in time :crossed: :down:

desertoy

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 3
  • Member since Dec '03
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: Jun 12, 2007, 07:51:59 PM »
Heck yeah! I'm planning on being there. But I have a bachelorette party to be at at 7pm.. I'm wondering if I can be back in time :crossed: :down:

Bring em with you :D:D:D

Duffil

• *lurker*
  • Turtle Points: 138
  • Male Posts: 4,844
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
    • PhotoBucket
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #104 on: Jun 12, 2007, 09:55:25 PM »
 :funny: :imwithstupid:

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Internet Lassies
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #105 on: Jun 12, 2007, 11:00:34 PM »
Bring em with you :D:D:D

I wish! 2 of em would go for it, but the other 6 I'm not too sure :down: But I'll see what I can do.  Maybe I can get mom to jam up there with me then come back early, cuz I know the rest of the gang won't want to leave by 5:30.

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: Jun 13, 2007, 05:06:27 PM »
I wish! 2 of em would go for it, but the other 6 I'm not too sure :down: But I'll see what I can do.  Maybe I can get mom to jam up there with me then come back early, cuz I know the rest of the gang won't want to leave by 5:30.

:gap:  :nope:

I'm staying for both days :yesnod:

Link for the itinerary of the weekend.

http://www.we-rock.cc/comps/07_donner/07_donner_itin.php
« Last Edit: Jun 13, 2007, 10:35:41 PM by BLACKDOG »

-Ronald Reagan