We currently are not offering Customer Support on our Forum.
Please use our Store website for: Customer Contact.

Author Topic: 6 stud knuckles  (Read 41629 times)

79coyotefrg

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
Re: 6 stud knuckles
« Reply #90 on: Jan 23, 2007, 09:03:00 AM »
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

blackdiamond

• Turtle Points: 1174
  • Male Posts: 5,057
  • Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: Jan 23, 2007, 09:26:24 AM »
I heard of Trail Gear, Trail Mart and Traitor Gear.  How about...

TRAITOR MART and the logo could be a dog humping a turtle.  :dunno:
1989 4Runner: Dual Ultimate (Inchworm front & Marlin 4.70 rear), Marlin Twin Stick, 1200-lb clutch, 4.88 R&P, Aussie Front, Detroit rear, 30-spline Longs, Long hub gears, ARP hub and knuckle studs & 35x12.50 Cooper STT PRO tires.  Marlin rear bumper & sliders.  FROR front bumper.  SAS with Alcan springs & Rancho 9000XL shocks.  Budbuilt Bolt-on traction bar.  Custom Interior Cage by Those Guys Rod and Customs.

Moab Tested & Rubicon Approved

jimbo74

• Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: Jan 23, 2007, 09:32:58 AM »
I heard of Trail Gear, Trail Mart and Traitor Gear.  How about...

haha, i was thinking traitor mart like half an hour ago, lol
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

cruzila

• Go go cruzila!
  • Hawk
  • Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 41
  • Male Posts: 3,848
  • Member since May '02
  • MC20/21 Toybox #002 2.28 = 154:1
    • View Profile
    • MTA
« Reply #93 on: Jan 23, 2007, 09:45:55 AM »
Oh no I am picking on zorack.  OH no.  THe funny thing is I dont lie.  He has bashed marlin and many of marlins employees on pirate and I have the proof to back it up.  Zorack, arnt you chris's brother in law and when your sister roller her ram charger you said that it was her fault because she could not drive.  YOu were not even worried about her being hurt, and you were not even there.  You are such a nice guy.  Go ahead and report me to the mods again   :greengrin:

Keep your personal fights OFF this board or both of you will be gone.  :banned:
If you would like to help save the Rubicon, send money to the Rubicon Trail Foundation

Friends of Eldorado National Forest

MiniSimp

• Outdoor Enthusiast
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 5,120
  • Member since Jan '05
  • SimpsonBrothers.net
    • View Profile
    • Simpson Brothers Photography
« Reply #94 on: Jan 23, 2007, 09:47:51 AM »

megolfer

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: -134
  • Male Posts: 438
  • Member since Dec '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: Jan 23, 2007, 09:51:13 AM »
Go ahead and ban me.  I am just trying to let people know who people are and what there hidden agenda is.  I am done with this

4RnrRick

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 60
  • Member since Jan '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: Jan 23, 2007, 09:57:22 AM »
Due to circumstances beyond our control we will not be selling this knuckle now.

Thanks for the response....

I also see that the steering page has now been updated to 4 bolt arms only...
http://www.marlincrawler.com/htm/steering.htm

With my homemade 5 stud arms (4 Oringal OEM studs + one 1/2" grade 8 bolt) and hydro assist, I was able to shear a FJ-80 tie rod end with no other damage. How much stronger do you need.

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Internet Lassies
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: Jan 23, 2007, 09:58:18 AM »
Go ahead and ban me.  I am just trying to let people know who people are and what there hidden agenda is.  I am done with this

geez! what is with all the wadded panties!  :shake:

Mini and BlackDiamond!

:rofl: that would be really funny if it wasn't so dang true! :down:
« Last Edit: Jan 23, 2007, 10:08:43 AM by MrsWillyMammoth »
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

cruzila

• Go go cruzila!
  • Hawk
  • Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 41
  • Male Posts: 3,848
  • Member since May '02
  • MC20/21 Toybox #002 2.28 = 154:1
    • View Profile
    • MTA
« Reply #98 on: Jan 23, 2007, 10:13:19 AM »
An editorial from a friend of mine.

January 23rd, 2007

Chris Geiger,

It has taken me far too long to write this letter explaining my attitude about what has happened between you and Marlin, and for that I apologize. As far as I know, we have never met, so you can only guess as to why I came to have such animosity for someone I have never met. I assure you that this is NOT how I normally form opinions about people. Suffice it to say that only a ‘special’ kind of person could incur such prejudice.

On the other hand, I HAVE met Marlin. Many times in fact, over the course of the last 18 years. I, like countless others, initially met Marlin on the side of a trail, broken down. The fact that I had the parts, the tools and the knowledge to fix my rig myself were not relevant to him. He just knew the job would go faster with two people, and THAT was good enough for him. His concern and his helping hands were as genuine then as they are today. That help, and more importantly, that attitude, has never been forgotten by me. I suppose then that the simple answer to my prejudice then would be that someone who means a lot to me has been hurt, and that you somehow seem to be the source of that hurt.

For a time, you had a special relationship with Marlin, a relationship of trust. Marlin did not deal with you at arms length. All who know him know that THAT is not his nature. As a result of your special relationship, you came to learn, as Marlin and I already knew, that there are a lot more opportunities to expand our businesses than we have the time and energy to pursue. Some we pass over, some we mull over, some we pursue as time permits, knowing full well that the world may not wait for us to finish our plans.

What we don’t count on is that someone who is close to us will take advantage of our confidences. Does this make us naïve? Maybe. But if the only other choice is to be jaded, I think we would all prefer to continue believing in a world where people are honest and ethical.

What short-term plans and long-term plans you made AT THAT POINT with that ‘inside’ knowledge is known only to you and your maker. I do not even wish to speculate on that. What I do know as a business man is that opportunity knocks on my door several times a week, averaging somewhere between 6 and 20 new possibilities for business ventures every year, most of which I pass over. I do not believe I am special in this regard; I believe this is common to most businessmen.

So the fact that you, a fellow businessman, chose to create a company primarily focused on offering products already offered by your former employer at best implies a great lack of imagination. The problem here is that having seen the growth you brought to Marlin’s business, no one would accuse you of lacking imagination. Having removed the nicest possible inference about your product choices for your new venture, the only other inferences are much ‘darker’. Hence the arrival of your ‘dark cloud.’

Fast forward to the present. Now you have helped build another financially successful business. Unfortunately this one not only has a black eye, but some suspect a black heart as well. In the intervening time, you have had many opportunities as most businessmen naturally do, to take your business model and move it in a dozen new directions that could have lessened the controversy that has more or less become a constant for you. Instead, you have chosen to remain largely a competitor of your former employer. Obviously you are free to choose how to run your business. Everyone else is equally free to speculate on your choices as well, including your detractors.

That is not to say that you don’t have your own supporters, like Marlin does. The difference is that a lot of people like myself believe your supporters are ‘summer soldiers’ whose loyalty was bought with sponsorships, a LOT of advertising dollars and product discounts. In contrast, Marlin earned his support with an open hand, an outstretched arm and a heart of gold, like my late father did when he was alive.

Back to my point. Every day is exactly that, a new day. Every day you have the choice to continue this controversy or to finally move on. YOU have explored enough new directions at the helm of Trail Gear by now that you could have chosen to trust your imagination and move on to products other than those you originally arranged for DiPro to supply to Marlin. Every day you still have that choice. The fact that Marlin is under-equipped to handle the market you envisioned is NOT reason enough for Trail Gear to stay right where it is. Just because you can, it does not mean you should. Trail Gear deserves a better legacy than being known as ‘the shady business that shut Marlin down.’

Finally, just in case you think I’m coming across as somehow holier-than-thou, I will be the first to say I have made plenty of mistakes in my 16 years in business, some of which have hurt others in the Toyota community. I am far from perfect, and know I’ve still got a lot to learn. I have tried to make amends where I can, and have learned to consult with those in the community whose opinions I value a little more often. They don’t always have a good business perspective, but sometimes that’s a good thing. I will keep trying to be a better person, and a better businessman. I don’t have my father to look up to any more. But I still have Marlin.

Sincerely,

Mark Algazy
If you would like to help save the Rubicon, send money to the Rubicon Trail Foundation

Friends of Eldorado National Forest

MiniSimp

• Outdoor Enthusiast
  • Member since Jan '05
  • SimpsonBrothers.net
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: Jan 23, 2007, 10:24:55 AM »

79coyotefrg

• Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #100 on: Jan 23, 2007, 10:27:15 AM »
:woohoo:  AMEN BROTHER  :woohoo:
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Internet Lassies
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: Jan 23, 2007, 11:07:59 AM »
 Mark Algazy rocks!

:respect:
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

bkg

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: Jan 23, 2007, 11:25:13 AM »
Thanks for the response....

I also see that the steering page has now been updated to 4 bolt arms only...
http://www.marlincrawler.com/htm/steering.htm

That's a HUGE shame. :(

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: Jan 23, 2007, 12:48:23 PM »
OH Boy I made my first post on Pirate and guess what thread it was on? :ha_ha:

Hey Mark, do you have a link to the post or is your name the same on Pirate?
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Internet Lassies
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: Jan 23, 2007, 01:19:01 PM »
Mark he has the same name on Pirate.

Where is the Mammoth?

jimbo74

• Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: Jan 23, 2007, 01:25:35 PM »

Hey Mark, do you have a link to the post or is your name the same on Pirate?

here is the direct link to mark's post on pirate http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showpost.php?p=6389772&postcount=153

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

jimbo74

• Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile

~ John F. Kennedy ~

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: Jan 23, 2007, 01:39:59 PM »
Thanks...I've read a little bit one this subject. I'm not a sprout eater or anything, so I'm not going to talk about Karma, but it all comes back to you some day. I compare CG to Bill Clinton...I wouldn't trust either one with my daughter or a dollar bill on the table, he'd steal one and try to pump the other.
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

4RnrRick

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Jan '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: Jan 23, 2007, 03:44:37 PM »
Rick how much air was it again you were getting when you broke that TRE ? :talkingn:

None, well kinda... earling in that day I broke BOTH front main leafs jumping, but thats another story - Duct tape kept me wheeling the rest of the day!

Anywho...I was in mid climb of a dune on the oregon coast when I found the razor back half way up the dune. I totally didn't see it!!! Not sure how fast I was going but I was around half throttle or more and it was in impact at the bottom (passenger side tire first) that broke it. Before this happened, I was all gun hoe about upgrading to 6 stud knuckles, but now that I know my homebrew 5 stud setup is strong enough to break a FJ-80 end without damage to the other componets, I see no need to waste dollars on 6 stud parts.

« Last Edit: Jan 23, 2007, 03:49:26 PM by 4RnrRick »

4RnrRick

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Jan '04
    • View Profile

alwayzbroken

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 603
  • Male Posts: 1,905
  • Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
If you still have control you aren't going fast enough

Hottrod81

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: -2
  • Male Posts: 1,392
  • Member since Feb '05
  • Full Trucker Effect
    • View Profile

lc tpi

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Male Posts: 36
  • Member since Jul '06
  • if it aint broke break it !
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: Jan 23, 2007, 04:57:34 PM »
 you are on fire mark! you should be proud ! very well written. :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :flamer: :hammer: :cheese: :clap: :clap: :clap:
66 fj40 , soa, sr, tpi 350 , 420 rockbox 37" mtr's ft arb 30 spl longs rr fj60 ff poly shafts detroit.       67-fj45lv , 67-fj40 , 72-fj40, 74-fj40 , 83-fj60.

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: Jan 23, 2007, 07:35:17 PM »
Mark wrote that incredibly well, and did a great job of staying nuetral on the position!  I don't see this thread or the one on pirate getting any more productive, and knowing that they can't reveal certain facts to us leaves most at the point of either forming an opinion based on what little we know (which is made easier by knowing certain people's backgrounds/old habits) or staying completely neutral.  Kharma's a pregnant dog...
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: Jan 24, 2007, 10:15:10 AM »
Mark wrote that incredibly well, and did a great job of staying nuetral on the position!  I don't see this thread or the one on pirate getting any more productive, and knowing that they can't reveal certain facts to us leaves most at the point of either forming an opinion based on what little we know (which is made easier by knowing certain people's backgrounds/old habits) or staying completely neutral.  Kharma's a pregnant dog...

wonder where Nate stands? 

:rofl:
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

MiniSimp

• Outdoor Enthusiast
  • Member since Jan '05
  • SimpsonBrothers.net
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: Jan 24, 2007, 10:44:46 AM »
Not sure if there is any truth to this, but I quoted it so it wouldn't get deleted:

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showpost.php?p=6396745&postcount=252

gotrocks

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 107
  • Male Posts: 2,653
  • Member since Dec '04
  • FLOOR IT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: Jan 24, 2007, 10:51:25 AM »
wow.  Thats really all I can say. wow

megolfer

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Dec '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: Jan 24, 2007, 11:50:55 AM »
I have a good feeling that this is the truth and it is coming from a reliable source.  Remember, anyone can have multiple names, Including Geeker.

megolfer

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Dec '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: Jan 24, 2007, 12:39:11 PM »
I am about to get banned on pirate.  We will see what happens

Addicted Offroad

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 1