Author Topic: Who's gonna be at Placerville KOA on Thursday night?  (Read 22524 times)

BigMike

• Administrator
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2159
  • Male Posts: 18,292
  • Member since Apr '02
  • 511:1 Club
    • View Profile
    • Bone-Stock Plane-Jane 1981 Shortbed Pickup
wow, sounds like a :party:
Check out our new Rock Crawling Videos!
2016 56-speed 580:1 Tacoma Rock Crawler   
1981 36-speed 511:1 3RZ-FE Rock Crawler
1987 6-speed Supercharged 4A-GZE MR2
Instagram: @SlowestTacoma
Things are only impossible until they are not.
"The worst of both worlds, the best of neither." -abnormaltoy
"An informed question. But difficult to answer. I am what you see." -Nanaki

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Internet Lassies
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
wow, sounds like a :party:
Who let the interloper in! :eek:  he's not a KOAer! UncJ! I thought you had guard duty!
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

olivedrab85

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 102
  • Male Posts: 548
  • Member since Jul '05
  • "Ghost ride the whip"
    • View Profile

We could probably use another dozen eggs with this many people.
Sounds good i'll bring another dozen.  :thumbs:
"Gotta keep it G rated for Marlin"   my runner http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=26527.0

MiniSimp

• Outdoor Enthusiast
  • Male Posts: 5,120
  • Member since Jan '05
  • SimpsonBrothers.net
    • View Profile
    • Simpson Brothers Photography
Thanks for the new Sig line Mrs. W! :greengrin:

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Internet Lassies
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
Thanks for the new Sig line Mrs. W! :greengrin:
  :shake: you are a sick sick man, mini! I can not wait to meet you!! :rofl:

Sounds good i'll bring another dozen.  :thumbs:
  :woohoo:  the more eggs     the merrier!! :yupyup: Thanks OD!!  :thumbs:
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

yotaboy79

• stuck in the shop
  • Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: -19
  • Male Posts: 2,838
  • Member since Aug '03
    • View Profile
so marks thinking about doing little sluice?

BigMike

• Administrator
  • Turtle Points: 2159
  • Male Posts: 18,292
  • Member since Apr '02
  • 511:1 Club
    • View Profile
    • Bone-Stock Plane-Jane 1981 Shortbed Pickup
Who let the interloper in! :eek:  he's not a KOAer! UncJ! I thought you had guard duty!

hahaha I am on the 'A' list
Check out our new Rock Crawling Videos!
2016 56-speed 580:1 Tacoma Rock Crawler   
1981 36-speed 511:1 3RZ-FE Rock Crawler
1987 6-speed Supercharged 4A-GZE MR2
Instagram: @SlowestTacoma
Things are only impossible until they are not.
"The worst of both worlds, the best of neither." -abnormaltoy
"An informed question. But difficult to answer. I am what you see." -Nanaki

MiniSimp

• Outdoor Enthusiast
  • Male Posts: 5,120
  • Member since Jan '05
  • SimpsonBrothers.net
    • View Profile
    • Simpson Brothers Photography
I doubt he'll watch for a second time. :greengrin:

I'll be following him. :yesnod:

mudaddict

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: -82
  • Male Posts: 1,829
  • Member since Dec '04
    • View Profile
    • All Pro Off Road
man that is early wakin but it will be well worth it!
98 Taco- Super charged, sas'd, bobbed, locked,taco boxed with 39's
Taco Build http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=88901.0

I work At
All Pro Off Road

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
man that is early wakin but it will be well worth it!

No kidding :headshake:  I think Mark may need to use his winch to get me outta bed :yikes:  I'm thinking I may just sleep in my truck  :think:
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

4RnrRick

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 60
  • Member since Jan '04
    • View Profile
Getting up early is a piece o cake.... the problem is trying to get packed up quickly and everything strapped back on the vehicle!

So is the plan to get to the Springs Friday night? or anywhere else on the trail?

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Internet Lassies
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
The plan is going to be to try to get to the spring by Fri. evening, but that will all depend on the circumstances. We did it last year in about 6 hours but that was just straight driving through, hauling butt pretty much it seemed, we didn't stop to play much at all. The only time we stopped was at soup bowl, I think it was.

we didn't even see Little Sluice didn't even know we passed it. I didn't know any of what we did. We were following Angelo from the shop and just kept going.   :driving:

so marks thinking about doing little sluice?
I doubt he'll watch for a second time. :greengrin:

I'll be following him. :yesnod:
   Yup... are you going to do it, Yotaboy?

Where is the Mammoth?

79coyotefrg

• Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
I'll be there in spirit,  :down:
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

4RnrRick

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Jan '04
    • View Profile
The plan is going to be to try to get to the spring by Fri. evening, but that will all depend on the circumstances....

Thats totally understandable.... I've only been on the 'Con once and we did the first part from the Gate Keeper to Little Sluice in the Dark (thank god for rock lights). So it would be nice to see what that part of the trail even looks like in the day light. But now with 20+ rigs in this group, thats really going to slow things down if people get out and take pictures at every fun spot.... Sure a picture or two would be no big deal - but having everyone get out to take picture sof everyone at the same location is another story. And that doesn't include carnage or traffic, which can REALLY slow things down. It would be nice if we only have to setup up camp once on the trail (at the springs) instead of moving camp each day.

Anyways I was just curious - I'm just planning on following the crowd.

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
I don't care if we don't make it to the springs the first night.  :dunno: seems like it would be more fun to take our time, play around, find a nice spot to camp kinda early (Buck Island :dunno: ) and kick back and hang out :thumbs: then finish the trip into the springs on sat.  and hang out and wheel with the people there some ? 

It doesn't really matter to me, but we've got essentially 2 days to  get to the springs, no need to hurry :yupyup:
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

mudaddict

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: -82
  • Male Posts: 1,829
  • Member since Dec '04
    • View Profile
    • All Pro Off Road
i agree with bd on that one! we dont have to be at the springs until sat night really so we ahve plenty of time.
98 Taco- Super charged, sas'd, bobbed, locked,taco boxed with 39's
Taco Build http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=88901.0

I work At
All Pro Off Road

*FFC* [OP]

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Internet Lassies
  • Turtle Points: 11
  • Female Posts: 8,265
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee

Last year we had Us, Yotaboy, what was his name in the yellow yota? Tony?
Yellow Yota... Overrev?

MrsW... I have a decent size frying pan if you have another burner and I can bring some pre-chopped and seasoned potatoes if you have the space to cook em :yupyup:  Just lemme know :thumbs:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
Look out or you're gonna drop those eggs!
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Internet Lassies
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
I don't care if we don't make it to the springs the first night.  :dunno: seems like it would be more fun to take our time, play around, find a nice spot to camp kinda early (Buck Island :dunno: ) and kick back and hang out :thumbs: then finish the trip into the springs on sat.  and hang out and wheel with the people there some ? 

It doesn't really matter to me, but we've got essentially 2 days to  get to the springs, no need to hurry :yupyup:
BigMike is planning on camping at Buck Lake Friday too, so that might be fun. We'll be following everyone else. I agree that there is no need to rush and it would be more fun to make it an adventure.

Yellow Yota... Overrev?

MrsW... I have a decent size frying pan if you have another burner and I can bring some pre-chopped and seasoned potatoes if you have the space to cook em :yupyup:  Just lemme know :thumbs:

Yeah, that was it Overrev, he was really cool, anyone know what happend to him? He said he was going to travel around some.
We've got the propane grill as well as the stove in the LBC so we'll have plenty of room, that would be great!! :thumbs:  But no green peppers in your taters please! Vegetable of satan!   
(or you can have them, just let us know, we won't eat the taters)

This is going to be GREAT!!!

Where is the Mammoth?

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Internet Lassies
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
I didn't even realize last year that we did it so fast that we didn't even actually experience the area at all.
Not that I didn't appreciate getting to the springs as quickly as we did (I just wanted to get out of the Mammoth, I wasn't an happy camper, but this year will be different)
But it would be way more cool to get some pics and vid, and I would love to see Buck Lake (island?)
We have a Buck Lake in Ocala NF.

Where is the Mammoth?

*FFC* [OP]

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Internet Lassies
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee

Yeah, that was it Overrev, he was really cool, anyone know what happend to him? He said he was going to travel around some.
We've got the propane grill as well as the stove in the LBC so we'll have plenty of room, that would be great!! :thumbs:  But no green peppers in your taters please! Vegetable of satan!   
(or you can have them, just let us know, we won't eat the taters)

This is going to be GREAT!!!

You got it.... Onions okay? :gap:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Internet Lassies
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
Are they vidalia's? :eek:

Where is the Mammoth?

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
We used to spend a couple nights at Spider go swimming, cliff diving and I have an inflatable raft and we'd take it on the lake, sucks we can't do that anymore
 :rivers:
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

*FFC* [OP]

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Internet Lassies
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee

yotaboy79

• stuck in the shop
  • Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: -19
  • Male Posts: 2,838
  • Member since Aug '03
    • View Profile
The plan is going to be to try to get to the spring by Fri. evening, but that will all depend on the circumstances. We did it last year in about 6 hours but that was just straight driving through, hauling butt pretty much it seemed, we didn't stop to play much at all. The only time we stopped was at soup bowl, I think it was.

we didn't even see Little Sluice didn't even know we passed it. I didn't know any of what we did. We were following Angelo from the shop and just kept going.   :driving:

Yup... are you going to do it, Yotaboy?

ur damnd right

KYOTA

• Turtle Points: 1759
  • Member since Jan '04
  • Wreckin Ball '09
    • View Profile

should roll into koa thursday afternoon/eve. heres a better question, how many have made reservations? when we called what, 3 months ago? Niki said after mine there was only a couple spots left. $25 a day tent site, $25 a day to leave tow rig there, Ima probly camp koa and tow to Robbs and vice versa on the way out. Robbs is $5 a day storage on tow rig/trailers plus its only 8 miles out from the trailhead
Im layin up at Buck Friday to wait for some friends, camp then head on in to the springs saturday. why haul ass all the way thru to the springs? might as well go in thru Tahoma if your in a hurry to get there

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Internet Lassies
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
should roll into koa thursday afternoon/eve. heres a better question, how many have made reservations? when we called what, 3 months ago? Niki said after mine there was only a couple spots left. $25 a day tent site, $25 a day to leave tow rig there, Ima probly camp koa and tow to Robbs and vice versa on the way out. Robbs is $5 a day storage on tow rig/trailers plus its only 8 miles out from the trailhead
Im layin up at Buck Friday to wait for some friends, camp then head on in to the springs saturday. why haul ass all the way thru to the springs? might as well go in thru Tahoma if your in a hurry to get there

So you're going to be KOAing again too? It's the goats isn't it? You couldn't resist the lure of the goats.       

We got a couple more for breakfast, FFC!  :psss:  btw- vidalia is a sweet onion. It's really good, I won't use anything but sweet onions anymore. I'll have some with us if you want to use that.

Someone here said they reserved a RV site for tent camping, I'm sure there would be plenty of room to share some space and split the cost.

Where is the Mammoth?

4RnrRick

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Jan '04
    • View Profile
Ima probly camp koa and tow to Robbs and vice versa on the way out. Robbs is $5 a day storage on tow rig/trailers plus its only 8 miles out from the trailhead.

How many other people doing this? I'm not towing - I'm driving - but my buddy that is comming with me "Elotsip" will be towing his sami down there and I recommended "http://dorobbs.com/".

Also can anyone tell me the fastest way to get back there once you exit out of the Rubicon Trail at Lake Tahoe??? I'm having a heck of a time figuring that out on crappy internet maps.

I see that he started a seperate post here to discuss the plan for tow rigs: http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=26674.0
« Last Edit: Aug 23, 2006, 03:39:41 PM by 4RnrRick »

KYOTA

• Turtle Points: 1759
  • Member since Jan '04
  • Wreckin Ball '09
    • View Profile
Rick if your going out thru Tahoe your better off just heading for Reno and then 395 North to 5 then  Oregon. Going back to Placerville from Tahoe is way out of the way

Ramrod

• smelling like vag and loving it
  • Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: -59
  • Male Posts: 3,600
  • Member since Jan '05
  • fully bodied & Fully getting it
    • View Profile
you can also take 89 to 80 to 5 pretty easy because the trail ends right on 89 on the side of the lake