Author Topic: What's the deal with 37" MTRs???  (Read 6298 times)

jimbo74

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
Re: What's the deal with 37" MTRs???
« Reply #30 on: Mar 03, 2007, 02:58:12 PM »
bridgestone does have their mud terrains, but its in the form of the new stuff firestone is coming out with, the new a/t the new mud terrain, etc... destination....

bridgestone is trying to keep their technology mroe aimed for the street market havign the dueler revo be the best a/t.... thats why they send out the mud terrains under firestone... jsut like the monster truck tires are firestones
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

crapyota

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -125
  • Male Posts: 143
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
    • www.nw-wheelers.com
« Reply #31 on: Mar 04, 2007, 05:33:23 PM »
its funny how schwab pushes those god dang toyo tires i hate them!!!!  i went in to buy a set of 35 boggers and the guy tries to sell me the toyo's oh they will outlast those boggers,and they are not gonna be noisey like the boggers..  i looked at the guy and said yeah but they are not going to go anywhere near where those boggers are going to take me.. he still was arguing with me i told him order the boggers or i will go somewhere else they did,but when i go in they still tell me i should try them out.. i told the guy in all the trails i have ran ive never seen a set of toyos where im at.. i then told him i have never seen a new f-350 (common rig with toyo's)with 18 inches of lift go where  i go, so im sure the toyos wont work for me.
 my friend got a wheeler he is new to this he asked what tire he should buy for running the trails,and driving to them.
 i told him my boggerswould be to aggressive for what he wanted, that in all reality since he was'nt realy driving the truck just wheelin it,and driving to the trails. that he should get tsl swampers in a bias so they would last on the trail,and he would be able to drive on them some with moderate wear on the tire.  he went to schwab,and the guy tries to sell him toyo's even though he asked for a certain tire. he didnt cave ,but the guy at schwab fast talked him into the radial tsl swampers insted :hammerhead:. now the tires still hace less then 800 miles on them one of them started to bubble when it was only 2 months old. the truck was broke so we didnt worry, a couple weeks later he got it fixed,and drove it to work so he could go to schwab after work. while sitting at work he heard a loud POP! he went outside,and the side wall had exploded. schwab wouldnt replace it at all made him buy another tire. these things had maybe 10 trail runs and less then 800 miles. now he has another bubble,and is pissed off(dont blame him,dam schwab.)  but the guy there told him if he had the toyo's he wouldnt hace this problem!! anyone believe this crap!! do you think a toyo tire should out perform any swamper tire at all?
 so mike did you get the rockers? and what do you think of them? i dont know anyone runnung them up here in the n.w but ive been thinking about it. seems like everyone is going to iroks around here. i like my boggers just kicking new tire ideas around to be different from everyone else. 
88-4runner 35 boggers,5.29s,locked in rear. finally got a sas!!!! pics at photobucket(crapyota)
checkout www.nw-wheelers.com

RAZOR

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 143
  • Member since Oct '05
  • It's all about the LongFields
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Mar 04, 2007, 09:02:57 PM »
its funny how schwab pushes those god dang toyo tires i hate them!!!!  i went in to buy a set of 35 boggers and the guy tries to sell me the toyo's oh they will outlast those boggers,and they are not gonna be noisey like the boggers..  i looked at the guy and said yeah but they are not going to go anywhere near where those boggers are going to take me.. he still was arguing with me i told him order the boggers or i will go somewhere else they did,but when i go in they still tell me i should try them out.. i told the guy in all the trails i have ran ive never seen a set of toyos where im at.. i then told him i have never seen a new f-350 (common rig with toyo's)with 18 inches of lift go where  i go, so im sure the toyos wont work for me.
 my friend got a wheeler he is new to this he asked what tire he should buy for running the trails,and driving to them.
 i told him my boggerswould be to aggressive for what he wanted, that in all reality since he was'nt realy driving the truck just wheelin it,and driving to the trails. that he should get tsl swampers in a bias so they would last on the trail,and he would be able to drive on them some with moderate wear on the tire.  he went to schwab,and the guy tries to sell him toyo's even though he asked for a certain tire. he didnt cave ,but the guy at schwab fast talked him into the radial tsl swampers insted :hammerhead:. now the tires still hace less then 800 miles on them one of them started to bubble when it was only 2 months old. the truck was broke so we didnt worry, a couple weeks later he got it fixed,and drove it to work so he could go to schwab after work. while sitting at work he heard a loud POP! he went outside,and the side wall had exploded. schwab wouldnt replace it at all made him buy another tire. these things had maybe 10 trail runs and less then 800 miles. now he has another bubble,and is pissed off(dont blame him,dam schwab.)  but the guy there told him if he had the toyo's he wouldnt hace this problem!! anyone believe this crap!! do you think a toyo tire should out perform any swamper tire at all?
 so mike did you get the rockers? and what do you think of them? i dont know anyone runnung them up here in the n.w but ive been thinking about it. seems like everyone is going to iroks around here. i like my boggers just kicking new tire ideas around to be different from everyone else. 

If you get a chance. Look at a bead of the tire that exploded or the tire that has the bubble (seperated) in it now when it gets dismounted. Usually, especially Interco tires, Do not just become seperated. There is a very good chance that they ripped the bead when they installed the tires. And, Any tire purchased from les schwab should have a warranty. ( " if we can't guarantee it, We won't sell it" ) when i used to work at that place, i had a friend that came in and bought 39.5 boggers for his lifted F- 350. After About 3 weeks they started to crack, It being a manufacturer defect. Surprisingly, we replaced all 4 tires.

So, Look at the beads of those tires. And if they are not ripped, they contact interco about there warranty policy, or go straight to the regional manager where ever you are. You can also visit this website and add your story... www.leschwabsucks.com

Oh and, The salesman's bonus checks that come after every full year, depend on how much money they make, NOt commision. And they make the most money off of Any Toyo tire.     Hint Hint  :_oops:
Finally Straight Axled, e-Locker, 5.29's, Lockright Rear, 13" travel tractor spline driveshaft, CV eliminator, Fully Gusseted front axle, Marlins almighty 5" Trail Flex lift Kit, 36" TSL's

In Marlin Crawler, I trust.
If you got the Nuts, Follow my Ruts!
Lift It, Fat Chicks Can't Jump!
Motocross, Because it Requires 2!

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Turtle Points: 1363
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Mar 05, 2007, 02:21:51 PM »
Les Schwab Tires brain washes ya into toyo, toyo, toyo ~ Great tires for the hwy, and some off road.  But swampers are designed for off-roading!  I get toyos put on my wifes van, only because we use it to go out of town the most, and if we have a problem we go to a Les Schwab and have it taken care of!  That and it helps that I spendt 7 years at Les Schwab so I know the ropes of their bull crap!  I never pay for balancing!  And I get get them to balance for free!   :yesnod: 
Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

Hyena

• I'm Legit!!!
  • Turtle Points: 2401
  • Male Posts: 6,715
  • Member since Feb '04
  • AKA Baja Brad
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Mar 08, 2007, 07:09:19 PM »
my truck with the old MTR's outwheeled a jeep with 37 inch toyos at the Hammers all weekend.  he never had grip anywhere.  i have never see nthem preform to great.

rlwjaw

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -123
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Apr 05, 2007, 05:32:49 PM »
last week I ordered 4 37x12.50x15 Good year MT/R Tires from Americas Tire here in Tracy. They came in today. Price was $200/tire , + tax. They are not that hard to find if you do a little homework.

rlwjaw

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -123
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: Apr 26, 2007, 08:11:57 PM »
WalMart In Talent OR will match or beat any written quote by 5%. I was just there Saturday the 21st. Also no tax. Have Americas Tire give you a written quote  and save a bundle.