Author Topic: No More Day Laborers  (Read 7579 times)

Ramrod

• smelling like vag and loving it
  • Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: -59
  • Male Posts: 3,600
  • Member since Jan '05
  • fully bodied & Fully getting it
    • View Profile
Re: No More Day Laborers
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2006, 10:52:06 PM »
You sound like a racist.

come awn dude why do you have to say stuff like that.  But to tell you the truth maybe I am but its only centered towards a certain part of that group of people and don't say I dont have a reason to because where I live i'm(white) a minority and I'm pretty damn tired of waiting in line behind some 16 year old girl at the cash register with 4 kids and a stack of food stamps that can't even fit in her purse and then having her back into me and not having insurance to fix what she messed up

wa4x4

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: -310
  • Male Posts: 1,569
  • Member since Jul '05
  • I'm about to tear the curb up
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2006, 10:53:38 PM »
I split a pizza with my lawn guy once.
2007 Satin white pearl STi- mostly stock
2006 WRX TR 320whp 343wtq, taken in a road rage wreck
1998 4runner, needs to become wheeler status

Ramrod

• Member since Jan '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2006, 10:57:01 PM »

what?  If anyone cares I bought 25 quarter pounder with cheese meals from mcdonalds for some guys working at my christmas tree lot one time

Rocksurfer [OP]

• Momentum Man
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2006, 10:58:12 PM »

[royal voice]So kind of you to eat with the peasants.[/voice]  ::)
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

Ramrod

• Member since Jan '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2006, 10:59:19 PM »
[royal voice]So kind of you to eat with the peasants.[/voice]  ::)

thats hilarious.  I think rocksurfers on my side

wa4x4

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: -310
  • Male Posts: 1,569
  • Member since Jul '05
  • I'm about to tear the curb up
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2006, 10:59:45 PM »
I don't know. One day I come home and the lawn guy asks me to go in half on a pizza. Those guys did shitty work though.
2007 Satin white pearl STi- mostly stock
2006 WRX TR 320whp 343wtq, taken in a road rage wreck
1998 4runner, needs to become wheeler status

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2006, 11:01:28 PM »
what does splitting a pizza with the lawn guy have to do with immigration? :headscratch:

:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

Rocksurfer [OP]

• Momentum Man
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2006, 11:03:00 PM »
what does splitting a pizza with the lawn guy have to do with immigration? :headscratch:

....or quarter pounders and Christmas Trees.  :rofl:

Rocksurfer [OP]

• Momentum Man
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2006, 11:09:01 PM »
Ha I know, the lawn guy was an illegal, the guy that took the pizza order barely spoke english, the girl that made the pizza was here on a visa, the guy that delivered the pizza only understood how much to charge and spoke no english at all, had expired tabs, and no insurance.

The Quarter Pounders repeat all steps above except for delievery, and the Christmas Trees the only person that was legal was the old white toothless guy that lived in the trailer on the lot.

:rofl:

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2006, 11:10:01 PM »
Ha I know, the lawn guy was an illegal, the guy that took the pizza order barely spoke english, the girl that made the pizza was here on a visa, the guy that delivered the pizza only understood how much to charge and spoke no english at all, had expired tabs, and no insurance.

The Quarter Pounders repeat all steps above except for delievery, and the Christmas Trees the only person that was legal was the old white toothless guy that lived in the trailer on the lot.

:rofl:

it all makes sense now!!  :think:
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2006, 11:26:22 PM »
Oh my god, the degredation of this thread is cracking me up!  And having a problem with illegal immigrants by no means makes you a racist.  Having skewed views of other enthnicities for no reason does.  I whole heartedly think EVERYBODY is atleast slightly racist, it's built in.  You know those people who make a huge point about loving people of another race, and how tolerant they are?  Yea, you know atleast one.  Guess what?  They're racist!  Oh, I could go on and on.....where's that one guy who only pops in to stir the pot?
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 1363
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2006, 02:52:13 AM »
I'll respect those that want to come here leagally, but a fence jumping immigrant needs to be sent back home!  I work with a couple of immigrants who came here and became a citizen, learned our language and I respect them for that!  Let's see they can come here and get free food, housing, welfare, and free medical from a hole in the wall clinic that's cleaner than some of their hospitals in mexico, for free!  But yet my mother in law can't get free medical, and she's worked and payed taxes all her life, and the state's reply why she can't get assistance is she's not a "hispanic illegal that's pregnant!"  Ship em back!  I'm not racist, I'm about what is right!  Why should they get a free ride!  When my down on her luck mother in law can't get any assistance at all!
Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 02, 2006, 04:26:10 AM »
WHAT THE F#$% IS THIS!!!!
:psss: it's called a joke, hence the laughing guy at the end.

"this " is a play of another person's comment to gain a humored response.  Generally called a joke.  I am sure Diane meant illegal immigrants when she said mexicans, I personally really doubt she has any issues with legal immigrants.  If you find this comment distasteful, that is what the report to moderators button is for, and I'm sure she would remove it if necessary :thumbs:
I didn't say Mexican's, CT did, and, oh hell, I didn't even catch the 'mexican' part of it, CT's comment was meant as a joke as was mine. OK OK yeah ILLEGAL's is that better?
I apologize if it was taken inappropriatly.
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 02, 2006, 05:48:50 AM »
even the french are looking at immigration !

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/4964472.stm

I am hearing across the board, if they thought they were going to blackmail us into making all illegals legal by that boycott that plan really backfired. Everyone was loving their commute and they shopping experiences.
Sorry, better go back to the drawing board.
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

mudguts

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 1114
  • Member since Mar '04
  • Meat of the Gods
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 02, 2006, 09:17:34 PM »
Oh my god, the degredation of this thread is cracking me up!  And having a problem with illegal immigrants by no means makes you a racist.  Having skewed views of other enthnicities for no reason does.  I whole heartedly think EVERYBODY is atleast slightly racist, it's built in.  You know those people who make a huge point about loving people of another race, and how tolerant they are?  Yea, you know atleast one.  Guess what?  They're racist!  Oh, I could go on and on.....where's that one guy who only pops in to stir the pot?
Very well put Nate, and I agree. And the one guy to stir the pot is the one who slams whatever ethnicity. This thread is about day laborers, which aren't only Mexicans. I'm sure we have laborers from just about every country in the world.
:nerv:                                                                                               :turtle: I love T.I.T.S. :turtle:

TigerToy

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 77
  • Member since Apr '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 04, 2006, 11:07:58 AM »
Immigration issues are merely treating the symptoms of the disease.  Treat the disease.

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 04, 2006, 11:53:45 PM »
Immigration issues are merely treating the symptoms of the disease.  Treat the disease.

The disease being....
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

TigerToy

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Apr '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 05, 2006, 01:02:19 AM »
NAFTA, CAFTA, GATT, FTAA, and all the rest of the free trade agreements.

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 05, 2006, 01:35:39 PM »
How long has nafta been around?  Obviously there was never a problem prior to that, correct?  I'm completely with you, if we had no manufacturing jobs available for mexicans their economy would be booming, and they would have no reason to come here illegally.  Just like every other problem in the world, the solution to this one is cut and dry.  The US is no more than the catylist for the degredation of society and the world.................I'm done................

No wait, when did you say you were leaving the country?  You're going to rip up your passport so you can never return, correct?  After all, with such a loathing for our country you can't possibly justify returning to this god awful place.
RIP KYOTA

TigerToy

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Apr '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 05, 2006, 01:54:56 PM »
How long has nafta been around?  Obviously there was never a problem prior to that, correct?  I'm completely with you, if we had no manufacturing jobs available for mexicans their economy would be booming, and they would have no reason to come here illegally.  Just like every other problem in the world, the solution to this one is cut and dry.  The US is no more than the catylist for the degredation of society and the world.................I'm done................

No wait, when did you say you were leaving the country?  You're going to rip up your passport so you can never return, correct?  After all, with such a loathing for our country you can't possibly justify returning to this god awful place.

Probably never.  I think that I am going to work here.  True democracies need dissenters. (Of course, I'm not sure that we actually live in a democracy.  In China you can vote for one party; in the US you can vote for two identical ones.)  Look at the country that has rejected Free Trade Agreements - Venezuela - they have cut unemployment by ten percent in one year.  Expect the same from Bolivia.  And there will be fewer and fewer immigrants coming from those countries.  I would like to see some statistical analysis on immigration to the US from Venezuela ten years ago and now.  I guarantee that it is much, much lower now.  I mean there is no reason to leave.  Wages are up across the board.  Of course, it helps to have a natural resource to which the rest of the world is addicted.  Of course, NAFTA is bad for Americans too.  It only serves those who already have the money and power.  American workers demand fair pay; companies ship the jobs to Mexico which is detrimental the the Mexican economy.  It is basic exchange rate economics - money flows out of the Mexican economy because of NAFTA and money flows (though not near as much as flows out) into the Mexican economy because of illegal immigration. 

Actually, the solution to this is pretty cut and dry.  Support policies that make Latin Americans want to stay in their home countries.  Free trade agreements do not fall under this category.

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 07, 2006, 12:50:36 PM »
http://www.multimedia-interactive.com/cdb/view_topic.php?id=1125&forum_id=13 

What disturbs me about the demonstrations is that it’s tantamount to saying, “I am going to come into your country even if it means breaking your laws and there’s nothing you can do about it.”
  He hit it right on the head there!

:bowdown:  Charlie Daniels

Where is the Mammoth?

Rocksurfer [OP]

• Momentum Man
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #51 on: May 08, 2006, 09:56:16 AM »
http://www.multimedia-interactive.com/cdb/view_topic.php?id=1125&forum_id=13 

He hit it right on the head there!

:bowdown:  Charlie Daniels

Pretty much sums up the whole issue there. If you orginally broke the law to get here in the 1st place, even out of desperation what's going to happen the next time you become desperate? As I see it desperation is setting in here, right now the organizer's of these protests are telling people to bring trash bags and to stay civil during the protests, now if on the horizon they see that it is not going to conclude the way they want what's going to happen? I'll leave that conclusion to your inventive minds since you know what's going to happen.

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 08, 2006, 10:17:08 AM »
 :psss: I've already been hearing whisperings of what you are hinting at, RS.
Do we need it to get that far before we actually do something about it? Obviously nobody gave a :pokinit: about their recent walkout, and in fact just about everyone is commenting on what a great commute it was for the day.
I'm glad we're already armed, sounds like we may need it.

Where is the Mammoth?

Rocksurfer [OP]

• Momentum Man
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #53 on: May 08, 2006, 10:23:46 AM »
:psss: I've already been hearing whisperings of what you are hinting at, RS.
Do we need it to get that far before we actually do something about it? Obviously nobody gave a :pokinit: about their recent walkout, and in fact just about everyone is commenting on what a great commute it was for the day.
I'm glad we're already armed, sounds like we may need it.

Unfortunatly our government is reactive not proactive so if and when the  :pokinit: hits the fan it will be a clean up operation.

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 08, 2006, 10:57:09 AM »
 :shake:  and the pansy ass commie hollyweird freeks will be screaming "oh don't hurt them, it's not their fault, they are just victims of society!"

Where is the Mammoth?

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 09, 2006, 12:17:36 AM »
Both the last quotes hit the nails on the head.  We need to stop coddling people so damn much, and go back to some form of justice.  They're not coming here because of nafta or any other bs excuse.  They're coming here because they know they can, and will be supplied with welfare, medical and housing.  Once again, ILLEGALS should be deported, and if they want to come back again do it LEGALLY!  There isn't, and shouldn't be another option.  Will that ever happen?  Sadly, not in our society, because it's not the clear minded of us that stand up and shout, but rather the hemp wearing, petule oil wreaking liberals that shout at the top of their lungs until everybody just plain gets tired of hearing them and folds.  That's how things are run, you know it, I know it, we've all seen it on tv.  The squeaky wheel gets the grease.  Heaven forbid we as a nation stand up for ourselves!  And before anybody says it, don't condemn me for what my forefathers did (which you wouldn't actually know, because you don't know my background!), because that has no bearing on this whatsoever!  :rant:
RIP KYOTA

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 09, 2006, 04:45:54 AM »
 :yesnod:  absamalutely Nate!! :tantrum:  And you know why you hear more from the hemp wearing, petule oil wreaking liberals shouting at the top of their lungs (btw :rofl2: on that description) then you do us clear minded, responsible individuals? Cause us CLEAR MINDED are too busy working to pay our taxes so the illegals can come over here and be supplied with welfare, medical and housing!!!  :rant: 

:snare:   

Where is the Mammoth?

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 09, 2006, 12:19:54 PM »
And you know why you hear more from the hemp wearing, petule oil wreaking liberals shouting at the top of their lungs (btw :rofl2: on that description)

Funny thing is, it's not like I'm pullin that one out of my hat either.  I grew up in a small logging town (used to be a bigger mining town way back when) near the trinity alps, and there are tons of them around.  Worked in a good sized pharmacy for over 3 years during highschool, and even when I was in the back of the store I could smell them coming in the front!  There were times when I would have to go into the warehouse to "organize" for 20-30 minutes waiting for the smell to air out!  The women that worked the registers would get super pissed too, cause they had to sit there and deal with the smell!

And yea, the people who don't work and earn what they have are always the ones who think everything should be shared.  In a perfect world every capable man and women would work 5 days a week for the same amount as everybody else, and the only people who would get assistance would be the disabled and elderly.  THAT would be a truly level playing field.  Nobody would complain about their jobs, and every 2 years everybody would shift to another job so we all got a chance at the good/bad jobs.  Waste disposal technician one term, governor next, engrish teacher next.........
RIP KYOTA

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 09, 2006, 01:19:49 PM »
I just got this in an email:

Will we still be the Country of choice and still be America if we continue to make the changes forced on us by the people from other countries that came to live in America because it is the Country of Choice??????

Think about it!

All we have to say is, when will they do something about

MY RIGHTS?

I celebrate Christmas...........but because it isn't celebrated by everyone..............we can no longer say Merry Christmas.

Now it has to be Season's Greetings.

It's not Christmas vacation, it's Winter Break. Isn't it amazing how this winter break ALWAYS occurs over the Christmas holiday?

We've gone so far the other way, bent over backwards to not offend anyone, that I am now being offended. But it seems that no one has a problem with that.
This says it all!

IMMIGRANTS, NOT AMERICANS, MUST ADAPT.
I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture.

Since the terrorist attacks on Sept. 11, we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Americans. However...... the dust from the attacks had barely settled when the "politically correct!" crowd began complaining about the possibility that our patriotism was offending others.

I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is seeking a better life by coming to America.

Our population is almost entirely made up of descendants of immigrants.
However, there are a few things that those who have recently come to our country, and apparently some born here, need to understand.

This idea of America being a multicultural community has served only to dilute our sovereignty and our national identity. 

As Americans...... we have our own culture, our own society, our own language and our own lifestyle. This culture has been developed over centuries of struggles, trials, and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom.

We speak ENGLISH, not Spanish, Portuguese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language.

Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society, learn the language!

"In God We Trust" is our national motto. This is not some Christian, right wing, political slogan.. We adopted this motto because Christian men and women.......on Christian principles............. founded this nation..... and this is clearly documented.

It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools.

If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home.........because God is part of our culture.

If Stars and Stripes offend you, or you don't like Uncle Sam, then you should seriously consider a move to another part of this planet.

We are happy with our culture and have no desire to change, and we really don't care how you did things where you came from.

THIS IS OUR COUNTRY, our land, and our lifestyle.
Our First Amendment gives every citizen the right to express his opinion and we will allow you every opportunity to do so!
But once you are done complaining....... whining...... and griping....... about our flag.......
our pledge...... our national motto........or our way of life....I highly encourage you to
take advantage of one other Great American Freedom.......

THE RIGHT TO LEAVE.

It is Time for America to Speak up   :usa:

Where is the Mammoth?

Rocksurfer [OP]

• Momentum Man
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #59 on: May 09, 2006, 04:41:07 PM »
Used to be people would come here to be more like us, sure we'd get a taste of the culture of where they came from but they'd still want to become a part of the community. Instead they now come here force us to not be who we are and if we try we are the racist. I have no problem experiencing another persons culture and way of life but if you came here to get away from that life why are you bringing it with you?

I have an excellent example of two groups of people who fled their countries to get away from the issues that they had to deal with. I lived in a condo in Encino and we had Israeli Jews and middle east Muslim's living there they talked about leaving because of the hatred and killing that was occurring. Well granted they weren't running around the complex killing each other and blowing things up but since I was neither a Muslim or Jew I got to hear them do nothing but talk crap about each other. According to the Muslim's, Jew's are smelly pigs and according to the Jew's, Muslim's are fat cows.

I used to ask them why did they just move thousands of miles to get away from them and then buy a condo next door to them? Of course the same reply came from both sides, "They followed us".