Author Topic: Go propane on yota , not got propane  (Read 8743 times)

babypig

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Member since Sep '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Go propane on yota , not got propane
« on: Mar 16, 2006, 05:11:02 PM »
check out ebay , type in toyota propane. nash forklift is offering a kit just like got propane but alot cheaper. bought one last weekend. installs in about 2 hr. awesome setup. got propane quoted me 900 for theirs , nash is 695 free shipping!!! save yourself some money and check it out. just thought someone might want to know.

alwayzbroken

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 603
  • Male Posts: 1,905
  • Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
Re: Go propane on yota , not got propane
« Reply #1 on: Mar 16, 2006, 06:29:44 PM »
Cool, thanks for the heads up. Can you post more info about the conversion and the quality of the kit. Pictures would be cool also. How does the truck run? :biggthumpup:
If you still have control you aren't going fast enough

KYOTA

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1759
  • Member since Jan '04
  • Wreckin Ball '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Mar 16, 2006, 10:30:13 PM »
looks like he uses a smaller 125 mixer 

RDDC

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 3
  • Member since Mar '06
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Mar 17, 2006, 08:38:37 AM »
I have a buddy that uses the Impco stuff, which can be found pretty reasonable on ebay.  You can talk to Roy @ www.propaneguy.com and he will set you up.  You can actually run the Model E or J mixer depending on HP of your engine.  You can run a 425, 225 or 125 mixer.  Set if up with the VFF30 vacuum lock of valve, plumb the lines and you in business once you have your tank mounted.  Don't forget about the baseplate to mount on your intake either.  Holly 4 barrell will work good on the cheap side...Just my $.02
1984 Runner SR5

babypig [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Sep '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Mar 17, 2006, 01:50:45 PM »
easy to install . try and post some pics. runs alot better than it ever did with the carb. well worth the money . making your own kit is cool also if you have some way to do the machineing on the base plate.

babypig [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Sep '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Mar 17, 2006, 01:53:20 PM »
how and the crap do you post pics??

alwayzbroken

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Mar 17, 2006, 05:59:41 PM »
how and the crap do you post pics??

There is a instruction thread somewhere. You can find it through the search engine. You need to resize the photos using an image editor.

jimbo74

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

Short_Bus

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Male Posts: 23
  • Member since Jan '06
  • Short Bus Rules
    • View Profile
    • We-Go-Offroad
« Reply #8 on: Mar 24, 2006, 07:12:32 AM »
I run propane as well and it ROCKS, runs no matter what position the truck is in and running at about 101 octane it seems to boost the hp's up more.  I'll try and take some pics of the propane setup this weekend for you guys. 

:yupyup:
82 Yota
Propane Powered
5.29 Locked F&R
38" Beadlocked Swampers

alwayzbroken

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Mar 24, 2006, 04:42:56 PM »
I run propane as well and it ROCKS, runs no matter what position the truck is in and running at about 101 octane it seems to boost the hp's up more.  I'll try and take some pics of the propane setup this weekend for you guys. 

:yupyup:

Do that. I would like to see. Who did you get your kit from?

babypig [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Sep '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Mar 27, 2006, 07:53:36 PM »
go to ebay , rock crawler . there is a picture of the setup i have from the company i purchased it from.

babypig [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Sep '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Mar 27, 2006, 08:03:34 PM »
hey short bus , nice color fer yer yota. my donar truck to build this one was yellow also. is that the only color the goods ones come in? got to luv the propane. it's not just for cookin dinner anymore. buy it from nash and be done.

alwayzbroken

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Mar 28, 2006, 08:11:24 AM »
go to ebay , rock crawler . there is a picture of the setup i have from the company i purchased it from.

What size mixer is included with the kit? Are the components used, reman or new? What size mixer does GOT PROPANE use? Thanks.

babypig [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Sep '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Mar 28, 2006, 12:19:57 PM »
this kit is excatly like got propane but alot cheaper. the company that is marketing this kit is a propane supplier. so they know what you need and what you don't. i wouldn't be suprised is got propane gets his stuff from him , nash is a large supplier for propane. i have personally talked to them and the know whats up when it comes to propane. i love my kit , installed simple as i am sure got propane does also but bottom line is they are alot cheaper for the same thing. no brainer if you ask me.

Bloomcounty

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Male Posts: 115
  • Member since Mar '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Mar 29, 2006, 08:24:41 AM »
I run a 125 Impco myself and it runs great ! I have a small right up on it in the project section on this board ! I also used NASH LIFT for some of my parts and they are great !

propane

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Member since Nov '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Apr 07, 2006, 08:00:46 AM »
I must say, you get what you pay for. There are no unnecessary parts in my kits. Our kits are designed for motor vehicle use. I used to design alternative fuel vehicles for the govt. for a living. The mixer I use flows 15 cfm more than a stock carb. How can I sell something that flows less? The feedback from my customers is a noticeable increase in power! The myths about propane power loss arn't true with our kit. There are many things that make it cost $300 more. I designed my own adapter to attatch the mixer directly to the stock carb base. My kits are absoultely complete and designed for the toyota motor. Everything you need is included. Fuel pump blockoff, air and fuel filters, pressure relief valves, powdercoated tank brackets (no rust), and a lot more. There is nothing to leave out. I couldn't call it a complete kit that way. In my opinion, the 125 mixer might be a little small. I know, I know, it's running fine on your rig. but the #s don't add up . at least for maximum performance. I get a lot of calls from guys who run a motor built better than stock. I need to make sure I can feed their motors demands. Our basic kit can handle a turbo or motor upgrade with no problem. I also spend some extra $$$$ upgrading the internal components of the equipment from rubber to silicone. What does that matter? Well it means what I sell will probably never fail in the next 10 to 20 years. A diaphram failure is not trail fixable and flat out sux.
 Our kits are easily transferable to other vehicles and can handle a motor up to 4.5 liters. So you're not stuck with having this fit one and only application.
 Like I said, if you compare apples to apples there is a difference. We are not selling the same stuff. Not at all.
Not trying to bash but this thread was brought to my attention and I want people to know what they are getting. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to call me anytime at 480-430-8033.
 We are now working with L.C. engineering and they will soon be carrying our kit. They want it done right with no blems on their reputation.

« Last Edit: Apr 08, 2006, 06:38:13 AM by propane »
Killer propane kits for the extreme four wheeler.

www.gotpropane.com

AzBearFan

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -13
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Apr 07, 2006, 08:10:31 AM »
damn... there ya go