Author Topic: Wheel Locks for Toyota Pickup  (Read 3704 times)

Kurlee Daddee

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 50
  • Male Posts: 206
  • Member since Dec '05
  • Dank Daddee Krew
    • View Profile
Wheel Locks for Toyota Pickup
« on: Feb 16, 2006, 05:20:42 PM »
I need a set of wheel locks for my Yota. I just put a set of 33's on it and I don't want them stolen. Is the correct size 12mm X 1.5 with a 19mm socket? Like these:

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=MCG%2D24196&N=115+400067&autoview=sku
Kurlee Daddee
(THE ORIGINAL)
2005 Cadillac CTS-V
2003 Subaru WRX

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
Re: Wheel Locks for Toyota Pickup
« Reply #1 on: Feb 16, 2006, 05:37:29 PM »
I need a set of wheel locks for my Yota. I just put a set of 33's on it and I don't want them stolen. Is the correct size 12mm X 1.5 with a 19mm socket? Like these:

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=MCG%2D24196&N=115+400067&autoview=sku

ummmm...not sure.  Too distracted by avatar.   
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

jimbo74

• Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Feb 16, 2006, 05:50:32 PM »
lindsay lohan isnt cool anymore, she turned into another anorexic chick.... she was way hotter when she actually had a body.......

anyways, that lugnut size sounds correct..... as for the socket size, it doesnt matter what you use... jsut make sure your tools are changed to fit them as the toyotas (or most of them) use a 21 mm socket

my opinions on wheel locks is they suck balls and are a waste of $.... any thief can defeat them with just as much effort as it takes to remove a regular wheel nut, and what usually happens is the user (you) lose the key and that makes it hell on technicians trying to owrk on your car, or even you later if you do your own work
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

Kurlee Daddee [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Dec '05
  • Dank Daddee Krew
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Feb 16, 2006, 06:20:07 PM »
lindsay lohan isnt cool anymore, she turned into another anorexic chick.... she was way hotter when she actually had a body.......

anyways, that lugnut size sounds correct..... as for the socket size, it doesnt matter what you use... jsut make sure your tools are changed to fit them as the toyotas (or most of them) use a 21 mm socket

my opinions on wheel locks is they suck balls and are a waste of $.... any thief can defeat them with just as much effort as it takes to remove a regular wheel nut, and what usually happens is the user (you) lose the key and that makes it hell on technicians trying to owrk on your car, or even you later if you do your own work

But her tits are.

Yeah, I know thieves can get what they want. But I feel better having locks for the wheels anyways.
Kurlee Daddee
(THE ORIGINAL)
2005 Cadillac CTS-V
2003 Subaru WRX

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Member since Nov '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Feb 16, 2006, 06:28:23 PM »
Call me stupid or maybe I'm missing something.  How do they steal them with locks? -Collier
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

notajeep

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: -108
  • Male Posts: 703
  • Member since Oct '04
  • Crawler #3289
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Feb 16, 2006, 07:32:24 PM »
just pound on a 12 point sockett. You loose the sockett..... but now you have daddee's tires. :_order:
You have a Jeep?  That's cute.... So does Barbi.

toynizzy

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -43
  • Male Posts: 125
  • Member since Aug '05
  • wheel it till it breaks then fix and go again!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Feb 16, 2006, 07:42:45 PM »
sockets r cheap at a swap shop,just some jap chromo's will do it,locking lugs suck imo,but i know from experience if someone wants ur tires bad enough they will get them
85 xtra cab pretty stock for now but lots of stuff to come!!

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Member since Nov '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Feb 16, 2006, 07:48:27 PM »
sockets r cheap at a swap shop,just some jap chromo's will do it,locking lugs suck imo,but i know from experience if someone wants ur tires bad enough they will get them

I see said the blind man.  The only thing slowing them down now is that they'd need a Hi-Lift and something pretty high to leave the truck sitting on after they steal those pretty wheels. :greengrin:
RIP KYOTA

TrikeKid

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 782
  • Male Posts: 165
  • Member since Jan '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Feb 16, 2006, 08:20:52 PM »
Or they could just drop the truck on it's axles and leave. Theives just don't care that much about your stuff.
85 Xtra-Cab- stuff and things.

blackdiamond

• Turtle Points: 1174
  • Male Posts: 5,056
  • Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Feb 16, 2006, 08:46:16 PM »
I am thinking about dumping mine, the other day after I put my rear tires back on I drove off with the wheel lock still on the lug.   :smack:

I didn't realize what I had done until the next day, thankfully it was laying in the street when I went looking.  I have another one in my desk drawer, but I wouldn't run locks unless I had more than one way to take them off.
1989 4Runner: Dual Ultimate (Inchworm front & Marlin 4.70 rear), Marlin Twin Stick, 1200-lb clutch, 4.88 R&P, Aussie Front, Detroit rear, 30-spline Longs, Long hub gears, ARP hub and knuckle studs & 35x12.50 Cooper STT PRO tires.  Marlin rear bumper & sliders.  FROR front bumper.  SAS with Alcan springs & Rancho 9000XL shocks.  Budbuilt Bolt-on traction bar.  Custom Interior Cage by Those Guys Rod and Customs.

Moab Tested & Rubicon Approved

Kurlee Daddee [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Dec '05
  • Dank Daddee Krew
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Feb 16, 2006, 08:53:28 PM »
Fine. I guess wheel locks are out of the question then. Thanks.
Kurlee Daddee
(THE ORIGINAL)
2005 Cadillac CTS-V
2003 Subaru WRX

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Member since Nov '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Feb 16, 2006, 10:07:40 PM »

Fine. I guess wheel locks are out of the question then. Thanks.
Hey, no hard feelings man. I didn't know either.  Didn't mean to hijack. On a serious note, I do believe that locks would still would deter some thieves (especially ignorant ones like me that don't know there's ways around the locks!).  :greengrin:
RIP KYOTA

Kurlee Daddee [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Dec '05
  • Dank Daddee Krew
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Feb 16, 2006, 10:11:31 PM »
Hey, no hard feelings man. I didn't know either.  Didn't mean to hijack. On a serious note, I do believe that locks would still would deter some thieves (especially ignorant ones like me that don't know there's ways around the locks!).  :greengrin:

No problem. I guess its just habit. I always end up buying a set for every ride I have ever owned. But if they are that easy to get off, forget it.
Kurlee Daddee
(THE ORIGINAL)
2005 Cadillac CTS-V
2003 Subaru WRX

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Member since Nov '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Feb 16, 2006, 10:16:05 PM »
Me too.  Last set I had was on some Racing Harts on my old civic.  I don't have any now and actually live in the city.   Get a good alarm on your truck and you wont have to worry about it.  If anybody jacks it up or bumps it, alarm goes off. Actually, if you even get near it, it starts freaking out.  I love it. :greengrin:
RIP KYOTA

Kurlee Daddee [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Dec '05
  • Dank Daddee Krew
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Feb 16, 2006, 10:25:17 PM »
Me too.  Last set I had was on some Racing Harts on my old civic.  I don't have any now and actually live in the city.   Get a good alarm on your truck and you wont have to worry about it.  If anybody jacks it up or bumps it, alarm goes off. Actually, if you even get near it, it starts freaking out. I love it. :greengrin:

Well, before I got the truck the SRT-4 was all cozy in the garage. Now that the truck is here, it sits inside the garage and the SRT-4 is parked out on the street. Easier to steal a 85 pickup than it is a sim-keyed SRT-4.
Kurlee Daddee
(THE ORIGINAL)
2005 Cadillac CTS-V
2003 Subaru WRX

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Member since Nov '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Feb 16, 2006, 10:34:33 PM »
Well, before I got the truck the SRT-4 was all cozy in the garage. Now that the truck is here, it sits inside the garage and the SRT-4 is parked out on the street. Easier to steal a 85 pickup than it is a sim-keyed SRT-4.

:haha: the truck is in the garage! Awesome, keep up the good work! :thumbs:
RIP KYOTA

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Feb 17, 2006, 12:06:57 AM »
No problem. I guess its just habit. I always end up buying a set for every ride I have ever owned. But if they are that easy to get off, forget it.

I had a set on my old dodge.  Previous owner didn't tell me about them, and the hubcaps covered the lugnuts.  he had lost the key :smack: and didn't tell me when he sold it to me.  Took them off with a pair of vice grips and a cheater bar :dunno:  Not worht it IMO
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

4WD22R

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 23
  • Member since Jan '06
  • I hate IFS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Feb 19, 2006, 12:22:52 AM »
I had a set on my old dodge.  Previous owner didn't tell me about them, and the hubcaps covered the lugnuts.  he had lost the key :smack: and didn't tell me when he sold it to me.  Took them off with a pair of vice grips and a cheater bar :dunno:  Not worht it IMO

FYI, I was at auto zone the other day and on the shelf they have a tool designed to remove these wheel locks "just incase you loose your key" yeah, I'm sure that's what it's most used for!!
-1986 P/U 4WD 22R
ZUK coil rear, Torqued T-Bars

AZTTORA #492
TLCA #15769

*Thanks to those who helped with the smog equipment, the truck is being sold sometime soon for a '85 longbed!

jimbo74

• Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Feb 19, 2006, 12:28:12 AM »
FYI, I was at auto zone the other day and on the shelf they have a tool designed to remove these wheel locks "just incase you loose your key" yeah, I'm sure that's what it's most used for!!

everyone makes those tools, snap on, craftsmen, mac, matco, even the house brands @ the hardware stores

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 1363
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Feb 19, 2006, 12:57:33 PM »
Try these tuner lugnuts!  I used them on my last car.  They are of a seven point design, thieves can still try to steal them, but it will at least slow them down!  Get a complete set, not just one per wheel!  Try your local tire shop, we sold them at les schwab.  Or go to  www.ezAccessory.com
Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

jimbo74

• Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Feb 19, 2006, 12:59:56 PM »
Try these tuner lugnuts! I used them on my last car. They are of a seven point design, thieves can still try to steal them, but it will at least slow them down! Get a complete set, not just one per wheel! Try your local tire shop, we sold them at les schwab. Or go to www.ezAccessory.com

yeah, those are worse, anyone can buy those or the key, and since they are all keyed alike, that idea is worse than a wheel lock......

~ John F. Kennedy ~