Author Topic: Muhammad cartoon and general rants regarding the state of the world!  (Read 21586 times)

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
Re: Muhammad cartoon
« Reply #60 on: Feb 06, 2006, 01:45:20 PM »
:roflsign: Great post!!
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

TigerToy

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 77
  • Member since Apr '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: Feb 06, 2006, 06:54:40 PM »
seems as if the europeans are reallly having to rethink that islam is only growing and is becomming to haunt them.  look at the riots in france. With the influx and ease of middle easterners comming to the EU it is only going to become more of a breeding ground for those who are against our freedoms and democracy.. :twocents:

Shows how much you know about the riots in France.  The riots were only in areas where the Muslim population was ghettoized.  Marseilles had no riots; it has been integrated for three hundred years.

79coyotefrg

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #62 on: Feb 06, 2006, 07:07:32 PM »
personally  i dont care if they are a dem or republican,  donkey  or elephant

i think sadam  needed to be out,  we needed to bomb the livin Piss out of afghanistan,  not to mention pakistan  for letting Osama  live there

but when he (Bush) is seen walking holding hands with his :gay: boyfriend the saudi prince and we are paying $3 a gallon SOMEBODY NEEDS A BULLET
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

TigerToy

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Apr '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: Feb 06, 2006, 07:07:59 PM »
As far as respecting the rules of engagement, that is a western construct.  It is impossible to expect people to respect an idea that they feel has no legitimacy.  Law must have its basis in consensus or it will not be followed.  People choose to follow laws only if they feel them to be just or representing a just or legitimate power.  Anyway, I'm not sure why anyone thought it would be different.  The Koreans did it, the Viet Cong did it.  I mean the word is out, guerilla warfare is the way to outlast the American military.  The American public has little patience for a long, costly war, and 'our enemies' know that.  'Our enemies' know us better than we know them.  The whole rhetoric of we 'they can't win militarily' is totally, utterly bs.  You win politically or you don't win at all.  Read 'On War' by Clausewitz.  It is basically the military bible.  The theme - war is an extension of politics.  BTW, Rush is a nice speaker and good manipulator, but not the most logical guy in the world.  I heard him one day say that 'Fox News and this show constantly beat the liberals.'  This implies that the news is for sale to the highest bidders.  Now thats democratic.  I have heard him say some other choice pieces of idiocy that some 'dittoheads' swallow up like arsenic laced koolaid.  I always thought dittohead was ironic.  Who wants to be someone that repeats everything the person before them said.  I guess dittohead kinda means programmed robots.

BTW, since when were liberals weak.  Che Guevara and Fidel Castro took over a whole country with less than 100 men.  Of course, they weren't the most moral of individuals, but still, less than 100 men.  Of course morality has rarely figured into any decision amongst political leaders, including in the US.

79coyotefrg

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: Feb 06, 2006, 07:11:05 PM »
Shows how much you know about the riots in France. The riots were only in areas where the Muslim population was ghettoized. Marseilles had no riots; it has been integrated for three hundred years.
the ones rioting were the ones that left iraq

i say we pull all our troops out of iraq,  after the murderin thugs go back home
drop a couple dozen nukes on there virgin humpin butts
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: Feb 06, 2006, 07:11:34 PM »
I see you are buying in to the left wing rhetoric with the rest of them, Glen. There is more to meets the eyes then just a picture, walking holding hands is a muslim custom, and there is a lot more behind the story then the left wing spin doctors will let on.
Sounds like you are a Michael Moore fan :bat:
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

TigerToy

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Apr '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: Feb 06, 2006, 07:12:41 PM »
:tantrum:  i cant take it anymore, i was in newyork when the towers fell,   well actually across the bay in NJ 
but i saw people as they brought them across to NJ for hospitals

anybody that wants to "win their hearts"   can kiss my :moon:
they send women and kids out with pack of IED's  on to blow up more people  with no regard how many of there own they blow up as long as they kill at least one american.   and think they  will have sex with a million virgins in there afterlife, excuse me but  once that cherry is plucked it cant just grow again next year and their "virgins" are how old???

have you ever looked into what they do to there women?? Tigertoy,  ??   look up female circumcision

if you agree with these "people"  if they could even be called that then you need to be over there with them.   unless your a terrorist too,  then 

I don't agree with too many religions at all.  They all have a fairly brutal track record.  Ever heard of Diego da Landa.  He liked to burn Mayan Indians.  Good Christian man.  Still there are about as many Osamas as there are Tim McVeighs. (Christian terrorist responsible for the second worse terrorist attack in US history.  He was also not the 'lone wolf' that the American media protrayed him as.)  Religious violence is one of my fields of study, and it is a widespread cross cultural phenomena.

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: Feb 06, 2006, 07:13:13 PM »
As far as respecting the rules of engagement, that is a western construct. It is impossible to expect people to respect an idea that they feel has no legitimacy. Law must have its basis in consensus or it will not be followed. People choose to follow laws only if they feel them to be just or representing a just or legitimate power. Anyway, I'm not sure why anyone thought it would be different. The Koreans did it, the Viet Cong did it. I mean the word is out, guerilla warfare is the way to outlast the American military. The American public has little patience for a long, costly war, and 'our enemies' know that. 'Our enemies' know us better than we know them. The whole rhetoric of we 'they can't win militarily' is totally, utterly bs. You win politically or you don't win at all. Read 'On War' by Clausewitz. It is basically the military bible. The theme - war is an extension of politics. BTW, Rush is a nice speaker and good manipulator, but not the most logical guy in the world. I heard him one day say that 'Fox News and this show constantly beat the liberals.' This implies that the news is for sale to the highest bidders. Now thats democratic. I have heard him say some other choice pieces of idiocy that some 'dittoheads' swallow up like arsenic laced koolaid. I always thought dittohead was ironic. Who wants to be someone that repeats everything the person before them said. I guess dittohead kinda means programmed robots.

BTW, since when were liberals weak. Che Guevara and Fidel Castro took over a whole country with less than 100 men. Of course, they weren't the most moral of individuals, but still, less than 100 men. Of course morality has rarely figured into any decision amongst political leaders, including in the US.
:blah:

Where is the Mammoth?

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: Feb 06, 2006, 07:14:48 PM »
 :popcorn:

Where is the Mammoth?

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: Feb 06, 2006, 07:16:11 PM »
As far as respecting the rules of engagement, that is a western construct.
Isn't that a UN construct? I know I am ignorant on politics, never claimed to be anyting but, but aren't they part of the UN too?

Where is the Mammoth?

79coyotefrg

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: Feb 06, 2006, 07:19:01 PM »
I see you are buying in to the left wing rhetoric with the rest of them, Glen. There is more to meets the eyes then just a picture, walking holding hands is a muslim custom, and there is a lot more behind the story then the left wing spin doctors will let on.
Sounds like you are a Michael Moore fan :bat:
:eek:              :kickbutt:   i voted for the knotthead :dunno: 

79coyotefrg

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: Feb 06, 2006, 07:22:22 PM »
Isn't that a UN construct? I know I am ignorant on politics, never claimed to be anyting but, but aren't they part of the UN too?
he ,  :headscratch:  she ,,  it  dont know  all TT knows is they be a bleedin heart that wants everyone to hold hands while the terrorists blows us all up  so they can go :bumpinbutts: with a bagillion virgins

TigerToy

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Apr '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: Feb 06, 2006, 07:24:56 PM »

The UN is seen as a western pawn by most third world people.  But yes, there are rules of engagement and military conduct laws in the UN Charter.  The US respects very, very few of them The US respects the ones that they like and ignore the ones that they don't.  Israel too.  Nuclear weapons are strictly prohibitted in the Middle East, yet Israel is nuclear, and soon Iran will be too.  The US has established a dangerous precedent by undertaking a military action without the approval of the UN security council.  Now, Iran thinks it can ignore international law, too.  The UN is a cumbersome, ineffective bureaucracy that probably should be dismantled right down to the mail room guys and either rethought or forgotten.

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: Feb 06, 2006, 07:28:37 PM »
How sad a generation it is having to make apologies for anything that is said! (and I know you meant that tongue in cheek, BD, at least I hope you did cause it was :funny: to me!)

You know, if the middle easterners that are so gungho on their twisted religious beliefs (the militant extremists, not the every day working joe) that say they will be rewarded when all the infidels are dead would understand OUR religion and OUR way of life, they would see that killing us is actually a sin.
Why do WE have to understand their beliefs and be sensitive to THEM, when no one is questioning why they don't see it our way? 
Splain that one, batman :tantrum:

:yupyup: yes ma'am, I did indeed.  I am responsible for my words, and I will apologize when I feel I made a mistake.  I am always avaialbale for correction, but I will never apologize simply on the basis that I may have offeneded someone while I was speaking my mind :nope:

I think the entire upset is ridiculous.  If I had to guess, I'd say the media put out the cartoons just because someone knew it'd piss of the muslims, and get more support for the fact we're not supposed to be over there.  I call :bull crap:  I have several friends who have come back from their tours, and MOST of the Iraqi civilians are glad we are there.  We have improved their way of life, and they are grateful for it.  Sure, they face death at the hands of sucide bombers or firefights every day, but you know what?  That isn't something new.  It was quite common before the war, and will be again.  This time it just happens to be the Soldier that are the targets, not helpless people.  I couldn't care less about a people who doesn't even give a damn about its own.  We've got soldiers over there who have sacrificed all to go out and rescue an Iraqi child that was wounded, where one of the insurgents would have put a bullet in the childs head, just to shut him up!  (THis is not supposition, this is a tale from a soldier that has returned home)  Yeah, I really want to sit back and let them run things!   :slap:
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

TigerToy

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Apr '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: Feb 06, 2006, 07:29:00 PM »
the ones rioting were the ones that left iraq

i

No they weren't.  They were third generation Muslim immigrants.  Most of them had never seen the Middle East.  I like how France acts all holier than thou, and can't even get their crap straight two miles outside Paris.  I agree, nuke France. ;)

mudguts

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 1114
  • Member since Mar '04
  • Meat of the Gods
    • View Profile
:nerv:                                                                                               :turtle: I love T.I.T.S. :turtle:

brainlessfool

• It's not my problem if you can't hear the voices too.
  • Turtle Points: 2730
  • Male Posts: 4,207
  • Member since Jun '02
  • drive fast or the devil may get ya
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a cigar
« Reply #76 on: Feb 06, 2006, 07:34:55 PM »
The UN is a cumbersome, ineffective bureaucracy that probably should be dismantled right down to the mail room guys and either rethought or forgotten.

Finaly, I can agree with Tigertoy!  (just this once I think tho)
A good day working, that's just sick :reg:

TigerToy

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Apr '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: Feb 06, 2006, 07:36:38 PM »
:yupyup: yes ma'am, I did indeed.  I am responsible for my words, and I will apologize when I feel I made a mistake.  I am always avaialbale for correction, but I will never apologize simply on the basis that I may have offeneded someone while I was speaking my mind :nope:

I think the entire upset is ridiculous.  If I had to guess, I'd say the media put out the cartoons just because someone knew it'd piss of the muslims, and get more support for the fact we're not supposed to be over there.  I call :bullshirt:  I have several friends who have come back from their tours, and MOST of the Iraqi civilians are glad we are there.  We have improved their way of life, and they are grateful for it.  Sure, they face death at the hands of sucide bombers or firefights every day, but you know what?  That isn't something new.  It was quite common before the war, and will be again.  This time it just happens to be the Soldier that are the targets, not helpless people.  I couldn't care less about a people who doesn't even give a damn about its own.  We've got soldiers over there who have sacrificed all to go out and rescue an Iraqi child that was wounded, where one of the insurgents would have put a bullet in the childs head, just to shut him up!  (THis is not supposition, this is a tale from a soldier that has returned home)  Yeah, I really want to sit back and let them run things!   :slap:

Most of the soldiers have a very limited amount of contact with civilians.  What do you think a broke Arab in Baghdad is going to say to a white guy in fatigues with an M16?  But, you are right, the US military has made the best out of a bad situation and most US soldiers are geniunely good individuals trying to help.

TigerToy

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Apr '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: Feb 06, 2006, 07:38:37 PM »
Finaly, I can agree with Tigertoy!  (just this once I think tho)

I'm very far left.  The far left is anti-globalism.  There isn't a political party in the states that even comes close to my ideology.  I reluctantly pull the democratic lever every election year.

brainlessfool

• Member since Jun '02
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a cigar
« Reply #79 on: Feb 06, 2006, 07:44:16 PM »
I'm very far left.  The far left is anti-globalism.  There isn't a political party in the states that even comes close to my ideology.  I reluctantly pull the democratic lever every election year.

And (unlike most ppl with your sort of views) you are honest.  And that does get some repect. (more than most ragheads will ever get from me) Butt hey, I'm just a love it or leave it kinda guy!  :dunno:

TigerToy

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Apr '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: Feb 06, 2006, 07:46:47 PM »
And (unlike most ppl with your sort of views) you are honest.  And that does get some repect. (more than most ragheads will ever get from me) Butt hey, I'm just a love it or leave it kinda guy!  :dunno:

I plan on expatriating as soon as I get done with school.  So my truck will be for sale in a couple of years.

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: Feb 06, 2006, 07:49:42 PM »
Most of the soldiers have a very limited amount of contact with civilians.  What do you think a broke Arab in Baghdad is going to say to a white guy in fatigues with an M16?  But, you are right, the US military has made the best out of a bad situation and most US soldiers are geniunely good individuals trying to help.

Not true.  One of my buddies' was in a unit that had several (muslim descent) arab speaking soldiers, and they were in the city everyday, among the people. 

Also, what do you think the seabees and the engineers are doing over there?  They've started projects for the people of Iraq, not just our military.  That requires person to person contact everyday.

At least I agree with you on the UN :yupyup:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

-Ronald Reagan

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: Feb 06, 2006, 07:50:31 PM »
I plan on expatriating as soon as I get done with school.  So my truck will be for sale in a couple of years.

so milk it for all its worth, then bail??

nice :headshake:

-Ronald Reagan

brainlessfool

• Member since Jun '02
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a cigar
« Reply #83 on: Feb 06, 2006, 07:51:03 PM »

And where have you found that suits you better than here?

and how much do you think your going to ask for your truck? :psss:

abnormaltoy [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: Feb 06, 2006, 07:51:58 PM »

Are you a natural born American?
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

TigerToy

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Apr '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: Feb 06, 2006, 07:52:31 PM »
so milk it for all its worth, then bail??

nice :headshake:

Who's milking?  I got twenty five grand in student loans.  Trust me, people in the US would rather me not work here.  I guarantee that if I went through everything that I believe you would probably be ready to pay me to leave.

brainlessfool

• Member since Jun '02
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a cigar
« Reply #86 on: Feb 06, 2006, 07:58:09 PM »
Who's milking?  I got twenty five grand in student loans.  Trust me, people in the US would rather me not work here.  I guarantee that if I went through everything that I believe you would probably be ready to pay me to leave.

So where ya going to go??

TigerToy

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Apr '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: Feb 06, 2006, 08:15:00 PM »
Mexico, Venezuela, Bolivia - somewhere in Latin America.  That is where my research is going to be done (working with indigenous populations - hopefully Yucatecan Mayans.)  I'm hoping to get a position at a university in one of those countries.  And yes, I am a natural born American.  Truck - 3500 to 4000.  Bobbed, chevies, duals, aussie, l52hd, superlift fronts, 34 x 10.5s

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: Feb 06, 2006, 08:25:44 PM »
Mexico, Venezuela, Bolivia - somewhere in Latin America.  That is where my research is going to be done (working with indigenous populations - hopefully Yucatecan Mayans.)  I'm hoping to get a position at a university in one of those countries.  And yes, I am a natural born American.  Truck - 3500 to 4000.  Bobbed, chevies, duals, aussie, l52hd, superlift fronts, 34 x 10.5s

why wouldn't you take it with you?? seems like it may come in slightly handy. :dunno:

-Ronald Reagan

TigerToy

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Apr '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: Feb 06, 2006, 08:37:57 PM »
It would actually probably come in really, really handy, but its a long freaking way away.  I will never be rich, so I probably won't be able to ship it.  Still, its something to think about.  Heh, I bet Marlin would love to have pictures of a crawler in the jungles of Yucatan.