Author Topic: Muhammad cartoon and general rants regarding the state of the world!  (Read 21554 times)

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
Does anyone know where I can see the cartoons that have all the Muslim's knickers in a twist? I figure as long as we're not blowing them up down at the pizza parlor or at "Abdul's Pork Shack" they ought to consider themselves lucky.
« Last Edit: Feb 07, 2006, 06:54:20 PM by abnormaltoy »
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

kneedownnate

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
Re: Muhammad cartoon
« Reply #1 on: Feb 03, 2006, 07:40:12 PM »
I haven't seen it, but what else do you expect from an ultra emotionaly driven group of people? 
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 1363
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Feb 03, 2006, 07:49:51 PM »
To me the whole middle east reminds me of a cage match with guns and rocks!
Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

abnormaltoy [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Feb 03, 2006, 07:52:52 PM »
At LaPetite...a bunch of spoiled savages!
« Last Edit: Feb 03, 2006, 07:59:42 PM by abnormaltoy »
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Feb 03, 2006, 08:05:22 PM »
I won't even go into full detail on my views of that edge of the planet, but if anybody saw ALL THOSE PEOPLE that set the contractors on fire after shooting them in their car, watched them burn then drug their charred remains to the bridge and hung them up, you can probably imagine how I feel.  I understand the whole population doesn't feel that way, but they just seem to harbor such a disregard for human life.  I think savages explains it very well! 
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since Sep '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Feb 03, 2006, 09:00:32 PM »
It took awhile to find the picures.  #7 is the one that broke the camels back! 

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since Sep '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Feb 03, 2006, 09:03:12 PM »
more

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since Sep '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Feb 03, 2006, 09:06:28 PM »
last 4

abnormaltoy [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Feb 03, 2006, 09:16:26 PM »
In light of their actions over the last couple of millennia…I’d say that’s pretty mild stuff. Cowardly dogs got their felling hurt? Too freaking bad.  :rivers:
Thanks for digging those up. Where did you find them?
Mark

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Feb 04, 2006, 07:02:35 AM »
thats what all the hubbub was about?? :smack: Are the pictures above cropped? Seems like there should be more to them! I don't get it. :dunno:
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

mudguts

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 1114
  • Member since Mar '04
  • Meat of the Gods
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Feb 04, 2006, 07:46:44 AM »
I won't even go into full detail on my views of that edge of the planet, but if anybody saw ALL THOSE PEOPLE that set the contractors on fire after shooting them in their car, watched them burn then drug their charred remains to the bridge and hung them up, you can probably imagine how I feel.  I understand the whole population doesn't feel that way, but they just seem to harbor such a disregard for human life.  I think savages explains it very well! 
One of those contractors was Scott Helveston.
:nerv:                                                                                               :turtle: I love T.I.T.S. :turtle:

TigerToy

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 77
  • Member since Apr '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Feb 04, 2006, 09:46:25 AM »
Depicting Mohammed is strictly prohibited in Islam (it is seen as idolatry - a wrong that also finds dictates in both Judiasm and Christianity).  It is very offensive.  I would compare it to some of the stuff Marilyn Manson pulled in the US.  Like ripping a Bible in two during the MTV VMAs.  The fact that everyone thinks its no big deal illustrates a remarkable ignorance of Middle Eastern culture.  Still, the Danish newspaper apologized for being dumbasses, so they could probably chill out a little.  I guess the fact that they have lived with about one hundred years of western colonialism and illegitimate leadership kinda creates a somewhat hostile attitude.

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Feb 04, 2006, 11:52:35 AM »
Depicting Mohammed is strictly prohibited in Islam (it is seen as idolatry - a wrong that also finds dictates in both Judiasm and Christianity).

Ah well that splains that. :thumbs: thanks for the enlightenment, not that it makes me care any more or less.

It is very offensive. I would compare it to some of the stuff Marilyn Manson pulled in the US. Like ripping a Bible in two during the MTV VMAs.
Not offensive to me, just an attention getting stunt, that's what Marliyn Manson is all about.

The fact that everyone thinks its no big deal illustrates a remarkable ignorance of Middle Eastern culture.
Ignorance is one thing, not giving a rats :moon: about middle eastern culture, or any other culture different from ours, is an entirely different story.
If you have a desire to learn more about other cultures, more power to you.  But just because people don't have a desire to learn about other cultures doesn't make them ignorant, just uninterested. Last time I looked it was not a requirement to know how people live in other countries or what their beliefs are.
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

rlwjaw

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -123
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Feb 04, 2006, 01:08:43 PM »
It is nice to see someone speek their mind and not cower to those who dont give a dam about us or the US. If pepople want to get up set over free speach that is up to them but to appologise for freedom of speach , that is just wrong. Every day things are said that hurt someone it all news papers and other media and that is just too bad. If there  self esteem is so low that they get upset over a cartoon from someone who does not share there belief , perhaps they should re examine there own belief and FAITH.

Signed
richard Wentworth

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Feb 04, 2006, 01:27:05 PM »
Thanks richard,
Knowing more about their culture is not going to make the ones that hate us change their mind. Just because one is not ingorant to the fact that depicting Mohammed is strictly prohibited in Islam and is in fact highly offensive does not make a bit of difference in how they see us.
Touchy feely politically correct bleeding hearts do not get a pass. An infidel is an infidel. And if we do not believe in what they believe in, even if we are aware of what it is they believe in, we are all still infidels and we all need to die.

Where is the Mammoth?

79coyotefrg

• Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #15 on: Feb 04, 2006, 01:55:41 PM »
personally  a nicely packaged bomb  that would make 1944 Hiroshima  look like a firecracker,  with a cartoon of mohammed getting gangraped by the three wise men  would tickle me to death :haha:
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

rlwjaw

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Feb 04, 2006, 02:00:26 PM »
I guess someone eddited my name it is not thingie It is Richard Wentworth

79coyotefrg

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Feb 04, 2006, 02:03:30 PM »
no :rofl:   its the automatic censor
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

rlwjaw

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Feb 04, 2006, 02:10:49 PM »
I am not going to change my name just because it ofends someone . lets see if this works.
DickWentworth

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Feb 04, 2006, 02:15:07 PM »
I know, richard, it's ridiculous! If you turn off the censor (in your profile) you won't see it censored. We could call you Rich, but if that's not what they call you I'm not going there.
I have my censor off so it's fine here.

Where is the Mammoth?

rlwjaw

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Feb 04, 2006, 02:15:14 PM »
should I be offended and ask for (demand)  an apology?

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Feb 04, 2006, 02:21:23 PM »
I would be, do that not know it is offensive to you that your name is censored? How inconsiderate can they be! You deserve and apology, IN WRITING!

Where is the Mammoth?

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Feb 04, 2006, 02:27:23 PM »
:rofl2:
RIP KYOTA

79coyotefrg

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Feb 04, 2006, 02:27:26 PM »
:smack:

TigerToy

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 77
  • Member since Apr '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Feb 04, 2006, 03:09:09 PM »

Ah well that splains that. :thumbs: thanks for the enlightenment, not that it makes me care any more or less.
 Not offensive to me, just an attention getting stunt, that's what Marliyn Manson is all about.
 Ignorance is one thing, not giving a rats :moon: about middle eastern culture, or any other culture different from ours, is an entirely different story.
If you have a desire to learn more about other cultures, more power to you.  But just because people don't have a desire to learn about other cultures doesn't make them ignorant, just uninterested. Last time I looked it was not a requirement to know how people live in other countries or what their beliefs are.

You are right.  It is your perogative not to give a rats ass about anything.  However, the people who are dealing with Middle Easterners would be wise to at least understand their way of life.  It is painfully obvious that they do not.  Even if one sees Arabs as the enemy, one of the most fundamental principles of war is to know your enemy.

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Feb 04, 2006, 03:42:33 PM »
You are right. It is your perogative not to give a rats ass about anything. However, the people who are dealing with Middle Easterners would be wise to at least understand their way of life. It is painfully obvious that they do not. Even if one sees Arabs as the enemy, one of the most fundamental principles of war is to know your enemy.

How on earth could you say it is painfully obvious the people who are dealing with them don't know who they are dealing with?

How else would they know the things that will highly offend them? Because the DO understand their way of life and what will get to them most! How else would they know unless they understood their way of life?

How else would they know dropping kicking the korass would be offensive, or calling a muslim's privates by girly names would humiliate them, or braiding their beards in cornrows with little beads would be a grave offense against their religion?

Because they DO know their enemy! They know them all too well! They just don't give a rats ass about respecting them, they don't respect us, why should we do them any favors?

« Last Edit: Feb 04, 2006, 05:40:42 PM by MrsWillyMammoth »

Where is the Mammoth?

79coyotefrg

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Feb 04, 2006, 03:53:48 PM »
:eye::eye:

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: Feb 04, 2006, 03:55:11 PM »
 :popcorn:

Where is the Mammoth?

79coyotefrg

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Feb 04, 2006, 04:25:10 PM »
:popcorn:   somebody bring on the :beer:

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Feb 04, 2006, 04:28:36 PM »
 :drunk:

Where is the Mammoth?