Author Topic: Anybody watch Xtreme 4x4 today?  (Read 17407 times)

PA_taco_13

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 309
  • Member since Dec '05
  • PA Muddin
    • View Profile
Re: Anybody watch Xtreme 4x4 today?
« Reply #60 on: Jan 28, 2006, 06:23:23 PM »
All I gotta say is its about time someone does a toyota build up on TV.  I have been watching Trucks and all kinds of shows like it for years and have never seen spit about toyotas anywhere.  You see Toyotas in the back ground or a clip of a Toy doing something cool and then they're like "lets get back to project jeep or project heavy chevy or mudd ford."  Not saying those vehicles are bad they are just not my thing.  So a big  :thumbs: to you guys for picking a few toyotas to build up, and better yet i see something about marlins parts possably being on TV... extra  :thumbs:!
learn the hard way 

"my dixie wrecked"

east coast crawler

V-Man

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 29
  • Male Posts: 792
  • Member since Sep '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: Jan 28, 2006, 06:53:48 PM »

That is a pretty long post sorry, but keep the comments coming and if you want to bash me personally, your choice, John Cappa did it in his magazine then didn't have the Cojones to back it up!!!!!

Ya sure dude just tell were to find ya.. I'll call you down to your face. :blah:  .Can't think anything bad to say but I'll tell you to your face.. And no having Jessie smile at me or I'll be unable to talk much.   :love:

unclejpl4x4

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 348
  • Male Posts: 3,522
  • Member since Apr '05
  • Broke & rusted
    • View Profile
    • myspace
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #62 on: Jan 28, 2006, 07:03:57 PM »
??? WTF is wrong with U people ???

IF U can't say something nice then don't say it............. Becides i'm sure a admin  will :spank: U  and it's not worth it
build thread http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=39214.0
CB install http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=45467.0
roundeyes http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=33294.0;highlight=round+eyes
LC exhaust head 2 tip, EB RVstreethead O/S valves,EB  268c/torker cam , .20 over , metal t-chain wear pads
MARLIN clutch 1200, master clutch cly

RokCrawlinToy

• Crawler of Rocks
  • Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 4214
  • Male Posts: 1,030
  • Member since Apr '04
  • Thermobaric Urban Destruction
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: Jan 28, 2006, 08:29:19 PM »

IF U can't say something nice then don't say it............. Becides i'm sure a admin  will :spank: U  and it's not worth it

They were cool when I met them.

BUBBA

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 16
  • Male Posts: 1,138
  • Member since Mar '05
  • this sucks
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: Jan 28, 2006, 08:38:39 PM »
tell Jessi she could come back now and then  we'll put a leash on Bubba  :rofl2:

Why I oughtta  :slap: .I didn't do nuffin. :nope:
87 4runner 350 with custom dent package. 
My budget beater

RokCrawlinToy

• Crawler of Rocks
  • Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Apr '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: Jan 28, 2006, 08:46:00 PM »
 :funny:

kneedownnate

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: Jan 28, 2006, 11:16:07 PM »
That wouldnt be Pirate 4x4 would it? lol. We won't bite too bad. :welcome:

Dangit man, ya beat me to it!  As soon as I saw that I laughed and instantly thought Pirate!  I watched the show today, and they got quite a bit done to the ranger.  I was a little surprised by the flat rear frame rail, but am assuming it will be explained at some point?  Looks like it would greatly limit up-travel, but at the same time the tires look like 37s, so maybe they plan on max droop, minimum tuck.  Guess we'll hafta wait and see.
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

79coyotefrg

• Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #67 on: Jan 29, 2006, 07:24:17 AM »

IF U can't say something nice then don't say it............. Becides i'm sure a admin will :spank: U and it's not worth it
and you know who the official  :spankbutt: person is 
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: Jan 29, 2006, 04:03:09 PM »

IF U can't say something nice then don't say it............. Becides i'm sure a admin will :spank: U and it's not worth it
Thanks Glen, I haven't checked on the post prior to Ian's last post but it sounds like he doesn't mind some constructive critism, with the key word here being CONSTRUCTIVE. We all know that :flamer: other members is a :spankbutt: offense.

And is there anyone here that didn't automatically think pirate when Ian said this:

:haha:

.........you guys are nothing compared to the beating I took on another board, but most of them switched to suggestions and feedback and it honestly helped the show....

Looks like I'm going to have to set our DVR to record the show. I'm really looking forward to seeing episodes featuring Marlin! How cool is that? :bowdown:
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: Jan 29, 2006, 04:52:00 PM »

red X

Did you ever get the picture? I'm not getting a red X myself, I got the picture.
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: Jan 29, 2006, 06:01:19 PM »
Man, that rear shackle is flat, but I would think that's ok so long as it's at full compression.
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

Ian from Xtreme

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 5
  • Member since Jun '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: Feb 01, 2006, 05:42:39 PM »
Man, that rear shackle is flat, but I would think that's ok so long as it's at full compression.

I can't get the picture you guys are talking about I keep seeing a red X, If I saw the picture I could tell you if it is a compression or rest.

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: Feb 01, 2006, 05:46:40 PM »
I can't get the picture you guys are talking about I keep seeing a red X, If I saw the picture I could tell you if it is a compression or rest.

OK try this...

Where is the Mammoth?

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: Feb 01, 2006, 05:49:04 PM »
 :headscratch: What?? It wasn't Morbido, Car of the Dead we were talking about? (this was the car of my sister's friend who was supposed to follow us up to the trailhead for MCR4! :haha: )

Anyway... THIS is the picture in question.. :biggthumpup:  :

Where is the Mammoth?

Ian from Xtreme

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Jun '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: Feb 01, 2006, 05:54:43 PM »
Yeah that is at full compression, the rig really did work even better than I thought it would to be honest.

toynizzy

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -43
  • Male Posts: 125
  • Member since Aug '05
  • wheel it till it breaks then fix and go again!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: Feb 01, 2006, 05:57:43 PM »
 me and my friends have stopped watching it and tell other people not to,there are tons of ppl onhere and other sites ive seen that have rides way better,ppl who build all there own stuff,my friend travis built his entire link system on his jeep himself,and its very sweet ans crawls like no other,that show is all freebies and trailer queens,no garage built on a budget stuff,thats extreme.the next ride they build have them buy all the parts outta there working mans paycheck and take care of there family before they buy anything and see how extreme it is lol.alot of us on here could make that show more extreme,just record our garages or driveways one weekend!!!once again just my  :twocents: worth

brian
85 xtra cab pretty stock for now but lots of stuff to come!!

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: Feb 01, 2006, 06:00:56 PM »
 :popcorn:

Where is the Mammoth?

blackdiamond

• Turtle Points: 1174
  • Male Posts: 5,059
  • Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: Feb 01, 2006, 06:08:18 PM »
me and my friends have stopped watching it and tell other people not to,there are tons of ppl onhere and other sites ive seen that have rides way better,ppl who build all there own stuff,my friend travis built his entire link system on his jeep himself,and its very sweet ans crawls like no other,that show is all freebies and trailer queens,no garage built on a budget stuff,thats extreme.the next ride they build have them buy all the parts outta there working mans paycheck and take care of there family before they buy anything and see how extreme it is lol.alot of us on here could make that show more extreme,just record our garages or driveways one weekend!!!once again just my  :twocents: worth

brian

:pokinit:

toynizzy :flamer:  :flamed: Ian

:respekt:

1989 4Runner: Dual Ultimate (Inchworm front & Marlin 4.70 rear), Marlin Twin Stick, 1200-lb clutch, 4.88 R&P, Aussie Front, Detroit rear, 30-spline Longs, Long hub gears, ARP hub and knuckle studs & 35x12.50 Cooper STT PRO tires.  Marlin rear bumper & sliders.  FROR front bumper.  SAS with Alcan springs & Rancho 9000XL shocks.  Budbuilt Bolt-on traction bar.  Custom Interior Cage by Those Guys Rod and Customs.

Moab Tested & Rubicon Approved

toynizzy

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Aug '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: Feb 01, 2006, 06:11:53 PM »
call it what u wanna call it,me and all my blue collar friends think that way

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: Feb 01, 2006, 06:15:06 PM »
 :shake: I believe Ian wrote earlier in this thread that they are going to be doing more down to earth (read: reality) builds. Guess we just have to wait and see :popcorn:
But are there any build shows on cable, whether choppers, classic cars, trucks or whatever that do anything that is not over the top and major :bling: ?

Where is the Mammoth?

Ian from Xtreme

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Jun '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: Feb 01, 2006, 06:15:56 PM »
me and my friends have stopped watching it and tell other people not to,there are tons of ppl onhere and other sites ive seen that have rides way better,ppl who build all there own stuff,my friend travis built his entire link system on his jeep himself,and its very sweet ans crawls like no other,that show is all freebies and trailer queens,no garage built on a budget stuff,thats extreme.the next ride they build have them buy all the parts outta there working mans paycheck and take care of there family before they buy anything and see how extreme it is lol.alot of us on here could make that show more extreme,just record our garages or driveways one weekend!!!once again just my :twocents: worth

brian

Your choice man, but I really don't see your point with the gripe about not building our own stuff in the very first season of the show we step by step built 2 complet link systems, showed how to build a complete front axle starting with nothing but a "free" high pinion center section, we built a jeep for less than 5K that walked all over Tellico OHV and of course we built some high doller rigs.

You mean to tell me if I walked into your garage tomorrow and told you I wanted you to build 10 trucks in the next 2 years and I didn't care what you built or what parts you used you would build all 10 as super simple dirt floor bare bones trucks......or would you build a mix of trucks so you could experience it all?

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: Feb 01, 2006, 06:25:42 PM »
OH OH PICK ME PICK ME!!  :attention: Put them in our garage and see what MrW can do!

Sounds like Ian has a very valid point if you ask me. (but I still haven't seen the show so what do I know :headscratch: )

:slap:

Where is the Mammoth?

toynizzy

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Aug '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: Feb 01, 2006, 06:51:11 PM »
how long did it take u to save the 5k?did anyone come out with new or better stuff for that ride before u had it all saved up and bought the parts?5k to me and my friends takes a long time to be saved up.im not talking for anyone but me.i work damn hard for my money and when there is any left for my toyota,i use it the best way i can,me and my friends build everything we can ourselves to save some $$ and that isnt just my little piece of this rock,alot of people r in the same boat im sure.do u guys weld alot of 3rd members?run used gears u bought from someone online?try to make ur own steering for these rides u build?im not being mean its just that the things u all do on ur show r not what MOST people can do all at once,bottom line

RokCrawlinToy

• Crawler of Rocks
  • Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Apr '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: Feb 01, 2006, 06:58:44 PM »
If they built any rig, in the time it would take any us to build one. People wounldn't watch the show. One build would take years on show. People want to see stuff right away. Its just a show, I think you're getting too worked up about it.
Just my  :twocents:

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: Feb 01, 2006, 07:06:17 PM »
Getting very worked up I would say. :yesnod:

Do you want to see the show where they are working day to day, checking their bank account, waiting for the day, in real time, when they saved up enough to surf the internet trying to find a deal to buy a third member so they could weld it up (is that even technically legal on the road? :dunno: ), then work for months more at a time, scrimping and saving every hard earned dime....

Call me crazy :screwy: but I don't think that would get much sponsership, not to mention draw much of an audience.

Shows like this are there to show what CAN be done. Some are low dollar builds, some are high dollar builds, some give us ideas of other things we can do or better ways to do things. It doesn't mean everything they show has to be real life.

Where is the Mammoth?

Ian from Xtreme

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Jun '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: Feb 01, 2006, 07:18:30 PM »
how long did it take u to save the 5k?did anyone come out with new or better stuff for that ride before u had it all saved up and bought the parts?5k to me and my friends takes a long time to be saved up.im not talking for anyone but me.i work damn hard for my money and when there is any left for my toyota,i use it the best way i can,me and my friends build everything we can ourselves to save some $$ and that isnt just my little piece of this rock,alot of people r in the same boat im sure.do u guys weld alot of 3rd members?run used gears u bought from someone online?try to make ur own steering for these rides u build?im not being mean its just that the things u all do on ur show r not what MOST people can do all at once,bottom line

I guess you just don't get it, do we weld up the third members no but in an upcoming episode you will see it happen to a 14 bolt.  Do we run used gears no, but how is that any different that installing new gears?  Really it is the same process and if you learn how to install a set of gears in a 1/2 hour show who cares if they are new or used.

I agree with what everyone else has to say......would you feel better if one weekend you tuned into the powerblock and heard us say "sorry guys the water heater in my house this week broke, so I got no money for a build this week, stay tuned though and I will give you a great step by step on how to sweep up and organize your toolbox on weekends when you have no cash"  I just don't think peopel would watch.

Think of it this way, you aren't looking into a regular guys garage, you are looking into a sort of 4wd shop that builds trucks for customers......we build them over time and put on the parts.  Then test the trucks for them..... that might seem a little more "real for you"

RokCrawlinToy

• Crawler of Rocks
  • Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Apr '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: Feb 01, 2006, 07:27:57 PM »

I agree with what everyone else has to say......would you feel better if one weekend you tuned into the powerblock and heard us say "sorry guys the water heater in my house this week broke, so I got no money for a build this week, stay tuned though and I will give you a great step by step on how to sweep up and organize your toolbox on weekends when you have no cash"  I just don't think peopel would watch.

If you did that I think you would still have people pissed off at you because you didn't sweep the right way and organized your tools in the wrong places in your tool box.

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: Feb 01, 2006, 07:40:24 PM »
 :funny:  One of my favorite presidential quotes is, "You can make SOME of the people happy SOME of the time but you can't make ALL the people happy ALL the time." 
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: Feb 01, 2006, 07:46:23 PM »
I agree with what everyone else has to say......would you feel better if one weekend you tuned into the powerblock and heard us say "sorry guys the water heater in my house this week broke, so I got no money for a build this week, stay tuned though and I will give you a great step by step on how to sweep up and organize your toolbox on weekends when you have no cash" 
It's been done! :psss: I think they call that The Red Green Show :yupyup:

If you did that I think you would still have people pissed off at you because you didn't sweep the right way and organized your tools in the wrong places in your tool box.

:yesnod: Or that he has state of the art tools to put in his toolbox that is big enough to hold all his tool not to mention he has a better and newer broom for sweeping cause it was bought for him by the cleaning supply sponser.  :beerwhack:

Oops, sorry Ron!  :beerchug: 

Keep your stick on the ice  :thumbs:

Where is the Mammoth?

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: Feb 01, 2006, 07:56:21 PM »
Think of it this way, you aren't looking into a regular guys garage, you are looking into a sort of 4wd shop that builds trucks for customers......we build them over time and put on the parts.  Then test the trucks for them..... that might seem a little more "real for you"
and excellent point I might add! :bananabeer:

Where is the Mammoth?