Author Topic: Anybody watch Xtreme 4x4 today?  (Read 17251 times)

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
Re: Anybody watch Xtreme 4x4 today?
« Reply #90 on: Feb 01, 2006, 07:57:13 PM »
Now I am going to HAVE to watch the show.  :bud: when's it on? What station?
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

cruzila

• Go go cruzila!
  • Hawk
  • Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 41
  • Male Posts: 3,848
  • Member since May '02
  • MC20/21 Toybox #002 2.28 = 154:1
    • View Profile
    • MTA
« Reply #91 on: Feb 01, 2006, 07:57:19 PM »
So, when Marlin is on, is he going to yell at BigMike to get that work done? LOL Drama, we need drama......Fresno County Crawlers??
If you would like to help save the Rubicon, send money to the Rubicon Trail Foundation

Friends of Eldorado National Forest

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: Feb 01, 2006, 07:59:49 PM »
 :woohoo: yeah, I could just see Marlin storming into the shop as BigMike carelessly tosses another Moutain Dew can aside.  :popcorn:
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

ZukIzzy

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -113
  • Member since Dec '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: Feb 01, 2006, 08:55:40 PM »
how long did it take u to save the 5k?did anyone come out with new or better stuff for that ride before u had it all saved up and bought the parts?5k to me and my friends takes a long time to be saved up.im not talking for anyone but me.i work damn hard for my money and when there is any left for my toyota,i use it the best way i can,me and my friends build everything we can ourselves to save some $$ and that isnt just my little piece of this rock,alot of people r in the same boat im sure.do u guys weld alot of 3rd members?run used gears u bought from someone online?try to make ur own steering for these rides u build?im not being mean its just that the things u all do on ur show r not what MOST people can do all at once,bottom line

Toynizzy (great screen name by the way)
Relax it is called entertainment. If I want to watch parts I can't afford to work on or don't have the time to rust then I can take 55 steps to the east and watch my own back yard. True we can all wheel harder on less than any TV show but It is a TV show and they gotta appeal to as many people as they can to keep the spot. If the rating go down thier slot is pulled and replaced with another NASCAR show. Not that that would be bad just that there are enough of them. I think if we were to show Spike there is interest in wheeling then maybe they would tap into our little niche market and put another one on about just crawling (it could happen). I will watch at least there is no weddings, dancing,singing or staged fights between gorilla and lazy.

Wayne

kneedownnate

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: Feb 02, 2006, 12:03:36 AM »
So, when Marlin is on, is he going to yell at BigMike to get that work done? LOL Drama, we need drama......Fresno County Crawlers??

:rofl2: that'd be so hilarious!  Throwin chairs around, trucks fallin off lifts, grown men throwing tamtrums

:woohoo: yeah, I could just see Marlin storming into the shop as BigMike carelessly tosses another Moutain Dew can aside. :popcorn:

Watch it Marlin, you just dented my mountain dew can from japan!
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: Feb 02, 2006, 03:56:44 AM »
 :roflsign: Good one Nate!!

Where is the Mammoth?

toynizzy

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -43
  • Male Posts: 125
  • Member since Aug '05
  • wheel it till it breaks then fix and go again!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: Feb 02, 2006, 06:17:55 AM »
well as i say,its all good.i understand how it works,what i said IMO,nothing more.i dont wantch,who cares,u all do,who cares.its all just my  :twocents:  worth,nothing more.i didnt mean to pee in anyones punch with what i said,i have learned my lesson and will keep it to myself from now on  :lipsrsealed: .
85 xtra cab pretty stock for now but lots of stuff to come!!

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #97 on: Feb 02, 2006, 07:13:20 AM »
Marlin???? Show????............. it would be a talk show, and the show that was scheduled after it would always be pissed since Malin's show would run over because nobody would want to leave. Or it would be a show similar to Pimp My Ride but Marlin Style. :eyebrow:
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: Feb 02, 2006, 07:26:08 AM »
well as i say,its all good.i understand how it works,what i said IMO,nothing more.i dont wantch,who cares,u all do,who cares.its all just my :twocents: worth,nothing more.i didnt mean to pee in anyones punch with what i said,i have learned my lesson and will keep it to myself from now on :lipsrsealed: .
we could give two :pokinit: if you watch the show or not, we were just putting why the show does things the way it does into perspective for anyone who may not have yet seen it or has similar issues as you.
:popcorn:
carry on, as you were

Where is the Mammoth?

ZukIzzy

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -113
  • Member since Dec '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: Feb 02, 2006, 07:49:05 AM »
well as i say,its all good.i understand how it works,what i said IMO,nothing more.i dont wantch,who cares,u all do,who cares.its all just my :twocents: worth,nothing more.i didnt mean to pee in anyones punch with what i said,i have learned my lesson and will keep it to myself from now on :lipsrsealed: .

Yep its all good who cares who watches what. I just HATE Staged REALITY TV and these showa are a break from that crap. I would do it different too but Its not my call.

Wayne

trekker

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 50
  • Male Posts: 206
  • Member since Aug '05
  • crawlin with marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: Feb 02, 2006, 08:14:08 AM »
im just glad there going to build som toyota's and i watch when i can
I need a running 22r

tj40ounce

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -262
  • Male Posts: 63
  • Member since Jun '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: Feb 02, 2006, 08:14:11 AM »

What tv shows DO you watch?  I'm all for budget builds, but the point of the show is to show what CAN be done with an endless budget, etc.  It's called entertainment IMO.  I can't afford a twin turbo charged Duramax tow rig, but it is worth watching for a half hour a week.  What else is on at that time?  Trading Spaces?  Honestly...  It's tv man.  The show is payed for by it's advertisers......  What other show on tv will be showcasing marlin crawler products????

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #102 on: Feb 02, 2006, 08:40:59 AM »
What it comes down to, who is going to watch a bunch of budget build ups? It is a TV show and the only way they stay on the air is to build a combination of budget and high dollar rigs. Plus there are a lot of people out there with a bucket full of money and nothing to do with it. A good example of the way things have gone is look at today's sandrails compared to what they used to be. Most were home-made almost like the 4x4 enthusiast vehicles are currently. Now you can buy a turnkey sandrail with a monster V8. I see this occurring in the 4x4 offroad industry slowly but surely. About the only difference is a lot of us demand that the rig not only be trail worthy but capable of being driven to the trail head. The biggest issue is that most auto manufactures are not interested in providing a turn key product because of the liabilities involved, and the few that are moderately setup are still sorely inadequate for the job. Plus on some of the trails we travel it is requried to be a street legal vehicle currently registered, insured so on and so forth.
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

unclejpl4x4

• Turtle Points: 348
  • Male Posts: 3,522
  • Member since Apr '05
  • Broke & rusted
    • View Profile
    • myspace
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #103 on: Feb 05, 2006, 12:31:34 AM »
I liked the formula toy biuld...........  i did not like the auto tranny tho  but thats what was in the truck.
I see from hendriks  u can get a chassie for a good price ......... over all one sweet biuld  GG ian/jess
build thread http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=39214.0
CB install http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=45467.0
roundeyes http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=33294.0;highlight=round+eyes
LC exhaust head 2 tip, EB RVstreethead O/S valves,EB  268c/torker cam , .20 over , metal t-chain wear pads
MARLIN clutch 1200, master clutch cly

Loosekannon

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: -26
  • Male Posts: 1,301
  • Member since Feb '05
  • SoCal--ROCKBRAWLERS--
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: Feb 05, 2006, 09:55:34 AM »
Watched that one also, it was cool. Your right the autotranny is different. Will that over power the brakes in doulble low with 4.0's in the back case? :dunno: Wonder if they plan on some stronger front axles, they changed they rear. Only have seen a couple of those brake, but have seen more front birfs brake.

Ian, did you guys put new 4.10's in the 3rd's? That is the rule in the formula class right, or did they change it? Or did it just miss that on the show? Just wondering, but the show was pretty cool, bring that thing down to the Tin Bender jambo and have some fun :beerchug:  Another thing, going to get into any comps this year with it? That would be pretty cool. Like the show, better than the others :biggthumpup:

KYOTA

• Turtle Points: 1759
  • Member since Jan '04
  • Wreckin Ball '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: Feb 05, 2006, 10:16:15 AM »
I liked when they first started working on the frame after they lifted the cab off, and there were lik 10 guys gang banging the frame, one dude was squatted down up front and his buddy blasted him in the face with the grinder :shake:

79coyotefrg

• Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #106 on: Feb 05, 2006, 10:18:29 AM »
I can see it now,  Stacy Davids White trash Garage,

this week was supposed to be a sbc  install in a suzuki samurai  but the water heater busted a pipe, so todays show will be,  how to's on replacing carpet  and installing a new water heater

next week, how to fix a muffler with a coffee can and duct tape

:eek:
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

unclejpl4x4

• Turtle Points: 348
  • Male Posts: 3,522
  • Member since Apr '05
  • Broke & rusted
    • View Profile
    • myspace
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #107 on: Feb 05, 2006, 10:23:49 AM »
I can see it now,  Stacy Davids White trash Garage,

this week was supposed to be a sbc  install in a suzuki samurai  but the water heater busted a pipe, so todays show will be,  how to's on replacing carpet  and installing a new water heater

next week, how to fix a muffler with a coffee can and duct tape

:rofl:  thats wrong   :rofl:      besides only magiver    can fix a muffler with a coffee can & duck tape
build thread http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=39214.0
CB install http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=45467.0
roundeyes http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=33294.0;highlight=round+eyes
LC exhaust head 2 tip, EB RVstreethead O/S valves,EB  268c/torker cam , .20 over , metal t-chain wear pads
MARLIN clutch 1200, master clutch cly

Skinny_Pedal

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 89
  • Male Posts: 2,833
  • Member since Apr '04
  • work so I can support my lifestyle
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #108 on: Feb 05, 2006, 02:20:51 PM »
Stacey David is the man. his new show will kick some arse..garenteed. o and i will be the new host of TRUCKS! just watch and see
Im an OG

alwayzbroken

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 603
  • Male Posts: 1,905
  • Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: Feb 05, 2006, 02:25:42 PM »
I like the show. The whole point of watching TV and movies is to see things and people that are extraordinary. That is why Stallone and the Governater's movies are so popular. I am just glad to see a new 4x4 show at all. For years we had to be content with Trucks! Not that there is anything wrong with Trucks! but I have seen enough purple painted dana 44s with chrome axle trusses and waiting through street truck buildups that I don't care about just to see some offroading. Not to bash, but I don't care to see a 17 year old in his parent's garage breaking drill bits and jockeying a craftsman angle grinder. Reality is boring. I like seeing experts making cool things. I like seeing things I don't normally see. I am not so one sided as to only want to see Toyotas and nothing else. Although that would be alright with me. We just got our own magazine so I am content with the amount of Toyota exposure for now.

I like everything about the show except for the appearance by Gale Banks. Gale Banks disgusts me. Gale Bank's products are a rip off and way overpriced for the low power they produce. Sorry, but I hate seeing anybody give Gale Banks an opportunity to be more arrogant and talk up his overpriced junk that sells the customer tons of parts not necessary while taking advantage of his reputation. I would rather hear from Oprah about diesel performance than Gale Banks. What a jerk. :puke:

Keep up the good work Ian and don't be a stranger to this board. Everybody likes to hear what you have to say. The same goes for Jessi also.
If you still have control you aren't going fast enough

motorider228

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 433
  • Male Posts: 460
  • Member since Apr '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: Feb 05, 2006, 04:24:54 PM »
hey Ian, I was just wondering what happens to the trucks when your done? And if you wheel what do you drive?

alwayzbroken

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile

Ian from Xtreme

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 5
  • Member since Jun '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: Feb 06, 2006, 04:32:10 AM »
Hey Guys, glad you liked the show.  To answer a few of the questions.......yes we changed the ring adn pinion to a set of 5:13's the rule now states any aftermarket ring adn pinion.  We choose the Auto because it was trick and new...and part of our job is to show you guys some different stuff that is new to the off road world.  Jim from Inchworm is the first guy to figure out how to get twin cases behind an auto and I have to say after wheeling it...it works great the truck will idle up most obstacles and the brakes hold fine.  We only put the low gears int he rear case, and the front was left stock.

The trucks arec onsidered "company vehicles" we have a great big warehouse as part of our new building and each show has a parking area.  If you want to go wheelin' just choose your pleasure and hit the trails..... :driving:

I drive a FS Dodge with a kit on it, I am not sure if I want to turn it into a full time wheeler or not, I am in the process of planning a four wheel steer tube buggy from scratch so I can still drive everyday...

Gale was choosen for that project because his shop is one fo the only ones that not only builds tuners and programmers they also build the entire engine, and when this project was in the planning stages we knew we wanted to show peope the "inside" of the Duramax and he was more than willing to turn over his facility to us. 

Sandman

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -72
  • Male Posts: 24
  • Member since Oct '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: Feb 06, 2006, 07:33:03 AM »
Hey Ian is it going to possible to see any of the rigs built on the show in moab this year. (toy, Project AJ or Poison Spyders rig) That would be Easter weekend of course.

IronClad

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 635
  • Male Posts: 2,284
  • Member since Feb '05
  • Annihilation Fabrication
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: Feb 06, 2006, 02:53:18 PM »
awesome work on the rig.. i like that you guys used the auto insted of a manual.. it goes against the norm which is what im all about.  and about the inchworm thing..  matt branson from paradise ca was the first with the gear slug ;)  http://gearslug.com/
Annihilation  Fabrication
Do you need a Hammer?
My build thingy... http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=39885.0
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Word hard, Keep your head in the game and if anyone gets in your way tell them you don't give a damn !

Loosekannon

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: -26
  • Male Posts: 1,301
  • Member since Feb '05
  • SoCal--ROCKBRAWLERS--
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: Feb 06, 2006, 04:38:30 PM »
Ya I like the fact they did the auto, it is different. Glad to here it all works good. Didn't know they changed the rule for the R & P in the Formula class, had to ask :biggthumpup:  :yesnod:

alwayzbroken

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: Feb 06, 2006, 06:05:35 PM »
I have wheeled with a guy that had an auto in a heavily built toyota truck and it rocked. He ran a tacoma automatic but after seeing it in action I think it is a good idea. If you can keep the tranny alive you are gonna love it. I am excited to see it in action. :thumbs:

YOTARICH

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -425
  • Male Posts: 39
  • Member since Dec '05
  • I Got The Wrong Parts Again
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: Feb 08, 2006, 01:08:14 AM »
Well, I just got done reading this thread and the one on pirate.

I personally don't like ALL the stuff they on the show because some of it's just not stuff i would do with my money.
But all in all, the show is really f'n cool.  It's better then friends, come on.  There just isn't very many shows that I actually want to watch like I do when the powerblock comes on.  Stacy does seem kind of  :gay:  but the crap they are doing on all the shows beats watching 4 guys talk in a coffee shop.  Anyways, I don't  agree with all the :flamer: going on.  Besides, almost all those pirate dudes are a little  :blah:  and need to  :chillpill:

just my  :twocents:

I say, the show rocks

And BTW, What the hell is JP magazine anyways, never heard of it.  :bandit:
94' p/u totally stock   three stickers

alwayzbroken

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: Feb 08, 2006, 01:47:18 PM »
The pirate thread is a good read. I love seeing cappa get flamed every time he posts no matter what he says. Those guys just hate him and shut him down whenever he says anything. I can't believe he even posts. It shows a lot about Ian's character coming on a board to ask how he can improve his show in contrast to Cappa trying to flame somebody that ventured into his area of "expertise."

YOTARICH

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -425
  • Male Posts: 39
  • Member since Dec '05
  • I Got The Wrong Parts Again
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: Feb 11, 2006, 01:42:55 PM »
There was some sick rock crawlin going on today.
Some event in ohio.
Turned me on
94' p/u totally stock   three stickers