• Male Posts: 128
  • Member since Mar '05
  • campfire wheeler
    • View Profile
    • Yota Masters
Re: music
« Reply #1 on: Dec 10, 2005, 10:42:26 AM »
  I would not tell anyone if i listened to that crap.  :slap:

Just kidding, Although i think all the music you listed severely sucks, NOBODY would like the crappy lo-fi music i love. So to each his own. I usually try to pic something that others can enjoy (or not be totally annoyed with) Like Hendrix, Zeppelin, Police, Steely Dan, Johnny Cash, etc.  Most of my music would have people giving me funny looks if they heard it, and most likely throwing things at me if they new the lyrics.  :hammerhead:
www.YotaMasters.com

Lowered Headlights & Disco Lights!

94runner [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 107
  • Male Posts: 279
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Dec 10, 2005, 10:48:10 AM »
  I would not tell anyone if i listened to that crap.  :slap:

Just kidding, Although i think all the music you listed severely sucks, NOBODY would like the crappy lo-fi music i love. So to each his own. I usually try to pic something that others can enjoy (or not be totally annoyed with) Like Hendrix, Zeppelin, Police, Steely Dan, Johnny Cash, etc.  Most of my music would have people giving me funny looks if they heard it, and most likely throwing things at me if they new the lyrics.  :hammerhead:

dont take me wrong, i love zeppelin and hendrix, but i guess i just like hard rock when im wheelin, and i guess i'm use to hearing "headbanging" music while wheeling, b/c i usually dont supply the beats... but w/e, different stroke for different folks....
1994 4runner: toy axles, 37's, armor,

kneedownnate

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Dec 10, 2005, 10:52:38 AM »
Lowrider, I thought you said you brought music others would enjoy?  Sure, there's the token hendrix, which is ok, but all the other stuff.... :reg:  .  94runner, I'd be down with riding with you if you had that list with you, long as black betty was in there more than once, that song tears ass!  I'd probably have some more disturbed, metallica, megadeth and so on.  You see the trend anyway, hard and fast, mellows me out.  Wanna see me get all worked up, you play some of that bubble gum crap, easy listening or moldy oldies.
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

Lowrider

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 47
  • Member since Mar '05
  • campfire wheeler
    • View Profile
    • Yota Masters
« Reply #4 on: Dec 10, 2005, 11:25:02 AM »
Lowrider, I thought you said you brought music others would enjoy? Sure, there's the token hendrix, which is ok, but all the other stuff.... :reg: . 94runner, I'd be down with riding with you if you had that list with you, long as black betty was in there more than once, that song tears ass! I'd probably have some more disturbed, metallica, megadeth and so on. You see the trend anyway, hard and fast, mellows me out. Wanna see me get all worked up, you play some of that bubble gum crap, easy listening or moldy oldies.

Token hendrix? the token hendrix is so played out. I cant stand to listen to "purple haze" or "foxy lady" ... good songs, but when you have heard them 80 million times they tend to start sucking. If you dont have it, go pick up "Axis, Bold as love" and " electric lady land" You dont hear the good stuff on the radio.

As far as others enjoying it, I am sure im the ONLY one out on the trail that would enjoy the music i hold dear.

I bet most people have never even heard the CRAP i listen to.

Some of the more "known" stuff i like would be like Dead Kennedys, EARLY Angry Samoans,  EARLY black flag (sorry, but rollins brought the suck to black flag) Germs, Crass, rudimentary peni, Etc.

Some great stuff you guys most likely never heard of...Rock bottom and the spys,  Modern Warfare, The young and the useless, naked lady wrestlers, necros, feederz, Disability, Freestone, the Mad, Hollywood squares, Pajama slave dancers, Users, Men in black, F-Word (Rik-L-Rik) Negetive trend, Controllers, Kaos (la band) ex Blank ex, Insults, Rejects, the Eat, the Next, Gay cowboys in bondage, Screamers, Anti, Authorities, Free Beer, Los olvidados, Drunk injuns, Gang green and the amputators, Ice and the Iced, Cronic Sick, Desperate bicyles, Castration squad (all girls), Meatmen, Artificial peace, Stretch marks, Cardboard Brains. Silly Killers, AK-47.

Caution: This is not your "mom freindly" style of punk. my mom refers to my music as "Murder Music" :yikes:
 :talkingn:

« Last Edit: Dec 10, 2005, 12:37:45 PM by Lowrider »
www.YotaMasters.com

whiteman

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 669
  • Male Posts: 1,276
  • Member since Jan '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a cigar
« Reply #5 on: Dec 10, 2005, 01:25:17 PM »
Back on topic.

Country                             Murder Music           Rock n' Roll       

Chis LeDoux-                            Metalica                   Zeppelin                         
David Alan Coe-                         Slayer                Gorge Thorogood
Merle Haggard-                         Pantera                  Tom Petty
Travis Tritt-                                Ozzy                   Def Leppard
Charlie Daniels Band-                    Dio                       Bon Jovi
                                            Judas Priest              Pink Floyd           
                                           White Zombie            The Who
                                            God smack              Rolling stones
                                              Disturbed                 Eagles
                                            Lucy's Fur Coat       Allman Brother
                                                                            ZZ Top
                                                                          Van Halen

Thats all I have got.             My favorite's are, Chris LeDoux, Metalica, and Pink Floyd.   

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Dec 10, 2005, 01:46:12 PM »
When we're out in the woods we turn the music off. We'd rather listen to nature. (actually, you can't hear the stereo over the diesel engine anyway). LOL But if I had to make a choice I would go with whiteman's rock n roll category.

The worst we had at the Rubicon was when we had some guy in a jeep behind us blaring REGGAE of all things!! That sucked!
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

whiteman

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 669
  • Male Posts: 1,276
  • Member since Jan '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a cigar
« Reply #7 on: Dec 10, 2005, 01:51:37 PM »
The worst we had at the Rubicon was when we had some guy in a jeep behind us blaring REGGAE of all things!! That sucked!

:laugh:  :hahaha:  :rofl2:  :rofl:

That Is too funny!

toybuilt

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: -275
  • Male Posts: 1,116
  • Member since Feb '05
  • toy + chevy = Toy-vie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Dec 10, 2005, 02:32:06 PM »
I like a lot of country and rock
2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road

1983 Toyota Turned Chevy

Treat every day like its your last, because you never know when your time is up. In loving memory of Judstin.

CTENG in KS

• Turtle Points: -501
  • Male Posts: 4,295
  • Member since Jun '04
  • ^Alfred the Great
    • View Profile
    • CTENG's Eco-Rant
« Reply #9 on: Dec 10, 2005, 02:54:39 PM »
Ya'll need to put down the crack.  The only thing you should be listening to when you hit the trail is CREEDENCE.
IFS is best kept at ambient temperature in a pile of scrap in the backyard.  When kept under a functioning vehicle, it tends to greatly diminish said vehicle's offroad ability.     -reklund5

4Runner: http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=4580.0
Beastmaster: http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=34339.0

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Dec 10, 2005, 03:12:46 PM »

As far as others enjoying it, I am sure im the ONLY one out on the trail that would enjoy the music i hold dear, which would be the one and only YOKO ONO!!.

Yoko Ono?!  Yea, you'll hopefully be alone in listening to that!  :yikes:
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

trekker

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 50
  • Male Posts: 206
  • Member since Aug '05
  • crawlin with marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Dec 10, 2005, 03:20:58 PM »
i would wheel with whiteman chris ledoux is great
I need a running 22r

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #12 on: Dec 10, 2005, 03:37:09 PM »
If you were to hear the music I listen to you'd think the greenie's were coming, and I bet they love that music, but so do I:

Vangelis
Jon Anderson
Yes
Uriah Heep
Asia
Kitaro
Amon Dul
Rabbit
Conspirisy
White
Syn
Rick Wakeman
ABWH
King Crimson
Tangerine Dream
GTR
Queen
World Trade
The Strawbs
The English Rock Ensamble
Manfred Mann's Earth Band

The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Dec 10, 2005, 03:58:54 PM »
Yoko Ono?! Yea, you'll hopefully be alone in listening to that! :yikes:
:rofl2: !!!  :puke3:
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #14 on: Dec 10, 2005, 04:09:07 PM »
:rofl2: !!!  :puke3:

Is this what it sounds like:

Yaeeeeeeeeeeeyaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

KWP

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 878
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Ghost Hunter
    • View Profile
    • East Central Oklahoma Paranormal Society
« Reply #15 on: Dec 10, 2005, 04:30:52 PM »
 Nothing but the heavy stuff. Just to name a few. :rockingout: :bananaguitar:
 Sevendust
 Metallica
 Slipknot
 Korn
 Tool
 White Zombie
 Corrosion of Conformity

88 Toyota truck ( Under Construction ) Dana 60's front and rear 5.38's, welded diffs, 3inch Downey rears up front,one link rear with aerostar coils rolling on 39.5x16.50/17 Pittbull Rockers and 17x9 Pro Comp extreme alloys.http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=40816.0

Lowrider

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 47
  • Member since Mar '05
  • campfire wheeler
    • View Profile
    • Yota Masters
« Reply #16 on: Dec 10, 2005, 05:05:33 PM »
Yoko Ono?! Yea, you'll hopefully be alone in listening to that! :yikes:

Yoko Ono? I dont think so, But the child molesters do a killer version of a song they call "mommys only looking for her hand in the snow" on "killed by death #2" comp. they say "its a suedo beatles song, written by the REAL beatles.....Yoko Ono."  :talkingn:  Absolute madness. Its really pretty bad musicianship-wise. I would not play this kinda stuff on the trail. Its the kinda stuff that needs to be played LOUD to appreciate. And i am aware i would be the ONLY one enjoying it. :greengrin: 
www.YotaMasters.com

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Dec 10, 2005, 10:44:02 PM »

Is this what it sounds like:

Yaeeeeeeeeeeeyaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

:rofl2:  I was gonna try for it but didn't think it could be typed well enough to give a good idea.  You could only realize the hilarity of this if you've had the displeasure of hearing her so called "music" before.
RIP KYOTA

TigerToy

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 77
  • Member since Apr '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Dec 10, 2005, 10:58:53 PM »
White Zombie, Rage Against the Machine, System of a Down, Tupac, Eminem, Mos Def, Older OutKast, Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, nineties grunge stuff (high school nostalgia), Pantera, Deftones, Tool, Old Ice Cube, Elton John, The Soundtrack to Once Upon a Time in Mexico, and, maybe, if I'm up in Tellico, some Ralph Stanley.  Maybe pre-Black Album Metalica.  Oh, and my friends band Strange Love Ocean.

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Dec 10, 2005, 11:05:52 PM »
White Zombie, Rage Against the Machine, System of a Down,  Johnny Cash, some nineties grunge stuff (high school nostalgia), Pantera, Deftones, Tool, Metalica.

:thumbs:  fixed your list to one I'd be down for if we went wheelin   :burnout:
RIP KYOTA

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 11
  • Female Posts: 8,265
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #20 on: Dec 10, 2005, 11:37:25 PM »
I always have one or more of the following:

Chris LeDoux
John Michael Montgomery
Joe Diffie
Johnny Cash
Gretchen Wilson
Jason Aldine

:beerchug:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

87_Yotaman

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -134
  • Male Posts: 119
  • Member since Apr '05
  • "This is MY YOTA!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Dec 11, 2005, 07:28:52 AM »
Call me  :screwy: if you want to.

But the only music I listen is some GOOD Country music, Some classic rock and BLUEGRASS.

If it has a Banjo in it, then I probably listen to it.

You can give me some good Johnny Cash, Waylin Jennings, Willie Neilson, FLATT & SCRUGGS, Craig Morgan, ect.

Also the group that I play with Harris Station.  Listen to some samples of our songs at http://www.musicshed.com//store.asp?Action=DETAIL&ProductID=2301

Alex

OR
  __                __
(__) l l l l l l l l (__)

Wyatt

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 22
  • Male Posts: 55
  • Member since Jan '05
  • I get stuck alot
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Dec 11, 2005, 06:02:49 PM »
Some of the more "known" stuff i like would be like Dead Kennedys, EARLY Angry Samoans,  EARLY black flag (sorry, but rollins brought the suck to black flag) Germs, Crass, rudimentary peni, Etc.

Some great stuff you guys most likely never heard of...Rock bottom and the spys,  Modern Warfare, The young and the useless, naked lady wrestlers, necros, feederz, Disability, Freestone, the Mad, Hollywood squares, Pajama slave dancers, Users, Men in black, F-Word (Rik-L-Rik) Negetive trend, Controllers, Kaos (la band) ex Blank ex, Insults, Rejects, the Eat, the Next, Gay cowboys in bondage, Screamers, Anti, Authorities, Free Beer, Los olvidados, Drunk injuns, Gang green and the amputators, Ice and the Iced, Cronic Sick, Desperate bicyles, Castration squad (all girls), Meatmen, Artificial peace, Stretch marks, Cardboard Brains. Silly Killers, AK-47.

Haha, I used to listen to most of this stuff back in the day.  My brother gave me tapes of alot of those bands.  You are right though, about the lo-fi quality.  My tapes are recordings of recordings of crappily produced music.  Its great. 

Nowdays I mostly listen to old school straightedge stuff.

But on the trail, nothing beats Social Distortion.
-Wyatt

www.expeditionutah.com
1976 FJ55 SOA, 36"s, Hysteer, Power Steering, Aussielocked rear, Rhino Lined exterior, some other sweet stuff.
1997 FZJ80 3x Locked, OME, 33's, Nat Luna Dual Yellow Tops, Warn E 12.0, other junk